~Souza~

90 minutes have passed and still no option to purchase tickets. Will they blow it off even before they put them on sale this time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'd be facinated to know which artists they have approached for this concert.

Will they go for young, trendy artists (Lady GaGa etc.) or more old school from Michael's generation?

I really need to know before I decide to buy tickets!  :roll:

I don't normally like concerts where there are loads of acts as I have quite narrow tastes in music.  lolol/  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is embarassing. :oops:  Have they EVER followed through on at least ONE of these planned (unplanned) tributes?  I’m beginning to believe they are gluttons for punishment and booooooooooooooos lolol/  Are they really that hard up for 10… 15… 20 minutes of fame, at any cost?  So sad.  They have cried wolf one time too may for my taste.  I’ll never take their “tribute concerts”seriousy anymore.  Well in actuality I didn’t take this one seriously so, well, damn who knows  :lol: What the hell lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the most likely senario is that they haven't actually got any 'mega stars' to agree to doing it yet.

Who would want to be associated with this dubious venture?  ???/

Which is exactly why it will be canceled (scenario #1).

or it is not canceled and this really is Michael's BAM platform (wild unlikely scenario #2).

Ditto Bec. I go with scenerio 1.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
No acts set for Michael Jackson tribute at ticket sales deadline

A planned Michael Jackson tribute concert, supported by the late pop star's mother and four siblings, was in disarray Thursday amid family squabbling and the apparent failure of promoters to sign any big-name acts so far.

Tickets for the show, scheduled for Cardiff, Wales, in October, were to go on sale Thursday, but instead of providing a link for purchases the promoter's website asked fans to "Please Standby for further announcements."

The head of the British company promoting the concert promised last week it would "feature the world's most amazing music performers." The roster would be revealed online one act at a time over the next 10 days weeks, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt told reporters at a July 25 news conference.

"Everybody's in the midst of signing contracts so nothing can be announced until that happens," Juliette Harris, spokeswoman for Global Live Events, told CNN late Tuesday. She suggested an announcement would come Wednesday.

By Thursday, still no acts had been announced.

The problems started soon after brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, sister La Toya and family matriarch Katherine Jackson attended the "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" announcement at the Beverly Hills Hotel on July 25.

La Toya Jackson said it was "something that's spectacular" while the Jacksons' mother called it "a show fit for a king."

"If my son were here today, he would feel the same way," Katherine Jackson said.

"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event," Tito Jackson said.

But an hour later, Jermaine and Randy Jackson, the only brothers not at the news conference, issued a sharply worded statement that reflected a deep division within the Jackson family over the show.

"We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," the two brothers said in a joint statement.

"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death."

While Hunt had hinted it could include a Jackson brothers reunion, the statement from Jermaine and Randy Jackson made it clear that would not happen.

"In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live," Randy and Jermaine Jackson said.

Their statement said the idea of the October concert was presented to the entire family in April "as an idea already in its advanced stages." The decision to go ahead with it "disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms" by some members of the Jackson family, they said.

The Michael Jackson Fan Club agreed with the two brothers, issuing a similar statement.

"We share their concerns that this concert is taking place at a most inappropriate time when everyone's care and attention should be focused on the matter of justice. We believe that, as stated by Jermaine and Randy, the most important tribute we can give to Michael Jackson at this time is to seek justice in his name."

Jackson fans posted messages on the concert's Facebook page questioning ticket prices and the process for buying them.

Fans must place bids for a chance to buy a ticket. The higher their pledge to a charity, the better their chances of getting a good seat.

"The ticket system is so bad!! the higher you bid the better seats you get?? not every Michael fan is rich!!!" one fan posted on the "Michael Forever Tribute" Facebook page Thursday.

After several days of such negative posts, a link to the Facebook page was removed from the concert's website.

The October 8 show, in the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff, which seats 75,000 people, would be at least four hours long, Hunt said.

In addition to the other problems surrounding the event, a spokesman for Michael Jackson's estate said last week that the promoters never sought or obtained permission from the estate's executors to use late pop singer's name or image.

"The estate has not been contacted and is not involved with Global Live Events in the UK tribute concert announced today," spokesman Jim Bates told CNN.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Shocker... ::)

lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

"HOAX" :?: argue/ suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

It's a fake tribute for a fake death. A perfect Cardiff Giant.

I'm just tickled that this was so predictable. Not many things have gone so precisely to hoax plan in the last 2 years. Thanks for the shout out, Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Grace

:lol:
I just checked this:
 What is located at the company address of Global Live Events LLP in Bristol?
A bar with the name "Humbug".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

bec

I just checked this:

Great find Grace!

PT Barnum's definition of a humbug, and it's contrast to that of a swindler:

Two actors appear as stars at two rival theatres. They are equally talented, equally pleasing. One advertises himself simply as a tragedian, under his proper name - the other boasts that he is a prince, and wears decorations presented by all the potentates of the world, including the "King of the Cannibal Islands." He is correctly set down as a "humbug," while this term is never applied to the other actor.
Why? Not because he cheats or imposes upon the public, for he does not, but because, as generally understood, "humbug" consists in putting on glittering appearances - outside show - novel expedients, by which to suddenly arrest public attention, and attract the public eye and ear.
An honest man who arrests public attention will be called a "humbug,"' but he is not a swindler or an impostor. If, however, after attracting crowds of customers by his unique displays, a man foolishly fails to give them a full equivalent for their money, they never patronize him a second time, but they very properly denounce him as a swindler, a cheat, an impostor; they do not, however, call him a "humbug." He fails, not because he advertises his wares in an outre manner, but because, after attracting crowds of patrons, he stupidly and wickedly cheats them. <blockquote></blockquote>P.T. Barnum--"Humbugs of the World"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Well, atleast the HOAX is picking back up again. Its been so slow lately! We need this and oh how predictable it is so far. Its hard to believe that still NO announcements for ANY performances yet. The family says 'fit for a KING' and 'the WORLD'S BEST performers'. A little too soon to make such bold statements... Unless MJ is there himself, it won't be the World's BEST!

albino/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

The billing is 100%  Barnum style. This is great stuff.

Thanks Michael... and thanks Jackson Family for playing along. I'm thrilled!

party/

(you know they did all this directly for us right? this is a gift to hoaxers... and specifically hoaxers on this board.... weeeeee!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Oh you are faster...i have here a link to P.T.Barmun's Humbug :
 lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I just checked this:

Great find Grace!

PT Barnum's definition of a humbug, and it's contrast to that of a swindler:

Two actors appear as stars at two rival theatres. They are equally talented, equally pleasing. One advertises himself simply as a tragedian, under his proper name - the other boasts that he is a prince, and wears decorations presented by all the potentates of the world, including the "King of the Cannibal Islands." He is correctly set down as a "humbug," while this term is never applied to the other actor.
Why? Not because he cheats or imposes upon the public, for he does not, but because, as generally understood, "humbug" consists in putting on glittering appearances - outside show - novel expedients, by which to suddenly arrest public attention, and attract the public eye and ear.
An honest man who arrests public attention will be called a "humbug,"' but he is not a swindler or an impostor. If, however, after attracting crowds of customers by his unique displays, a man foolishly fails to give them a full equivalent for their money, they never patronize him a second time, but they very properly denounce him as a swindler, a cheat, an impostor; they do not, however, call him a "humbug." He fails, not because he advertises his wares in an outre manner, but because, after attracting crowds of patrons, he stupidly and wickedly cheats them. <blockquote></blockquote>P.T. Barnum--"Humbugs of the World"

This is amazing!!! :lol: Michael, you are the greatest HUMBUG of the world!!!   lolol/

The billing is 100%  Barnum style. This is great stuff.

Thanks Michael... and thanks Jackson Family for playing along. I'm thrilled!

party/

(you know they did all this directly for us right? this is a gift to hoaxers... and specifically hoaxers on this board.... weeeeee!)

party/

Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:33:29 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions