No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Adi

:lol:
I just checked this:
 What is located at the company address of Global Live Events LLP in Bristol?
A bar with the name "Humbug".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha...

How many more Barnum references can they squeeze into one "Tribute" ?  :lol:

"For the Fan's...should read "For the hoaxers" in that trailer for the fake Tribute  ;))

You are hilarious MJ...thanks for the new tidbits...love 'em.

bounce/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Love it!  Love MJ! Good find Grace! ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love4Michael

Well...somebody has released information on ONE act...

Jackson tribute concert organisers address line-up announcement delay
by Julia McWatt, Western Mail
Aug 6 2011

POP singer Craig David last night was the first to claim he will be appearing at the Michael Forever tribute concert.

He is the only act known to be playing the show.

A statement on his website said: “Craig is honoured to announce he will be performing alongside some incredible artists at the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert.”

Organisers of the Michael Jackson tribute concert have sought to explain the delay in announcing the line-up for the show and why fans have been unable to register for tickets.

Announcements about the line-up for Michael Forever – The Tribute Concert were meant to be made by organisers Global Live Events on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Ticket registration for the show, at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on October 8, was meant to open at 8pm on Thursday, but fans were left with a message stating “please standby for further announcements”. Yesterday, a Global Live Events statement said it was mindful of fans’ expectations.

Global Live Events’ chairman Chris Hunt said: “We will be announcing an incredible line-up very soon. The registration period was put on hold because we want people to know who they are registering to see.”

Read More You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

~Souza~

Well...somebody has released information on ONE act...

Jackson tribute concert organisers address line-up announcement delay
by Julia McWatt, Western Mail
Aug 6 2011

POP singer Craig David last night was the first to claim he will be appearing at the Michael Forever tribute concert.

He is the only act known to be playing the show.

A statement on his website said: “Craig is honoured to announce he will be performing alongside some incredible artists at the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert.”

Organisers of the Michael Jackson tribute concert have sought to explain the delay in announcing the line-up for the show and why fans have been unable to register for tickets.

Announcements about the line-up for Michael Forever – The Tribute Concert were meant to be made by organisers Global Live Events on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Ticket registration for the show, at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on October 8, was meant to open at 8pm on Thursday, but fans were left with a message stating “please standby for further announcements”. Yesterday, a Global Live Events statement said it was mindful of fans’ expectations.

Global Live Events’ chairman Chris Hunt said: “We will be announcing an incredible line-up very soon. The registration period was put on hold because we want people to know who they are registering to see.”

Read More You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Nothing like that on Craig's website or his Twitter. So more BS. Funny how Craig's big hit back around 2000-2001 was called "7 days".

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Pardon... but I've never heard of this guy.

If his one big hit 10 years ago was titled "7 Days" then this is clearly just one more clue.

Betcha 5 bucks that next this guy will release a statement saying he was never contacted to perform.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

~Souza~

Pardon... but I've never heard of this guy.

If his one big hit 10 years ago was titled "7 Days" then this is clearly just one more clue.

Betcha 5 bucks that next this guy will release a statement saying he was never contacted to perform.

You haven't? He was pretty popular here 10 years ago. Maybe because he's from the UK, I never followed the US charts. Here's 7 days, which is always the first song that pops into mind when I think of Craig David:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABuWphlnZ1A&ob=av2n[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

I do know Craig David, especially because of this song featuring Sting: "Rise and Fall"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQ9oe3daAA [/youtube]

Sometimes in life you feel the fight is over,
And it seems as though the writings on the wall,
Superstar you finally made it,
But once your picture becomes tainted,
It's what they call,
The rise and fall [x2]

I always said that I was gonna make it,
Now it's plain for everyone to see,
But this game I'm in don't take no prisoners,
Just casualties,
I know that everything is gonna change,
Even the friends I knew before may go,
But this dream is the life I've been searching for,
Started believing that I was the greatest,
My life was never gonna be the same,
Cause with the money came a different status,
That's when things change,
Now I'm too concerned with all the things I own,
Blinded by all the pretty girls I see,
I'm beginning to lose my integrity

It's what they call,
The rise and fall

I never used to be a troublemaker,
Now I don't even wanna please the fans,
No autographs,
No interviews,
No pictures,
Endless demands,
Give into vices that was clearly wrong,
The type that seems to make me feel so right,
But some things you may find can take over your life,
Burnt all my bridges now I've run out of places,
And there's nowhere left for me to turn,
Been caught in comprimising situations,
I should have learnt,
From all those times I didn't walk away,
When I knew that it was best to go,
Is it too late to show you the shape of my heart,

It's what they call,
The rise and fall

Now I know,
I made mistakes,
Think I don't care,
But you don't realise what this means to me,
So let me have,
Just one more chance,
I'm not the man I used to be,
Used to beeeeeeeeeee

It's what they call,
The rise and fall [x4]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Like Souza wrote, there's nothing on Craig's web-page. I think he would have shared it on his web-page if it was true.

I do know Craig David, especially because of this song featuring Sting: "Rise and Fall"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQ9oe3daAA [/youtube]

I LOVE this song.  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

About the Humbug bar thing, I'm not sure about something.
So the address of the company Global Live is the same as the Humbug bar in UK, the same street. But can't be many things (bars, libraries, houses, companies, etc.) on the same street? It's unclear to me as here in my country the addresses look different. Maybe it sounds as an idiot question, but I'm really wondering if the fact that Humbug bar appears on the same street, doesn't mean Humbug bar is the ONLY thing on that street. How do we know if it's absolutely the same address as Global Live?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Anna, a street address is unique to each building.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

_Anna_

Yes, I know. Same here and everywhere, so that's what I mean. The number.

I'm not familiar with UK or US addresses, that's why I prefered to ask. So 89 is the number of the specific building or whatever   

89 WHITELADIES ROAD,
 BRISTOL
BS8 2NT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Michael Jackson tribute concert ticket sales suspended

A tribute concert for Michael Jackson scheduled for fall in Wales appears to be in trouble. Tickets for the show were supposed to go on sale Thursday but have now been suspended.

A link on the promoter's website tells fans to "standby for further announcements."

Promoters had promised the concert would feature some of the most prominent performers in the world. So far though, no acts have been announced.

There are also reports of squabbling among the Jackson family.

The show is supposed to take place Oct. 8.

Supposed to take place. YEP. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

I'm thinking that it could be one huge building with one number, yet many floors and companies.
Is anyone good with doing google streetview to look at the building?

chris.hunt@globalliveeventsuk.com

UK Headquarters
89 Whiteladies Rd • Clifton, Bristol BS8 2NT

eric.bute@globalliveeventsus.com
jim.rutherford@globalliveeventsus.com

Categories: Nightlife Bars Pubs Restaurants British Nightlife Bars Lounges Pubs, British, Lounges  [Edit]

89 Whiteladies Road
Bristol BS8 2NT
Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:47:45 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Michael Jackson tribute turning into a fiasco

Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert is turning into a fiasco with no acts announced, family squabbles, estate representatives announcing they have not given approval, issues with pricing tickets, sales put on hold, and serious concerns by many on the timing of this event considering it occurs during the manslaughter trial that many feel is the only way to get justice in the death of Jackson.

The acts signed up for the recently announced Michael Jackson tribute concert have yet to be announced causing the company that is organizing the event to put purchasing on hold.

This is the second tribute concert organized by Michael’s family. Now with so many issues again plaguing this event, one must ask…is this one doomed like the last one organized by Jermaine Jackson following Michael’s death, why would such a large scale event not be organized and controlled by his estate with family involvement, and who really considered what many state is a serious misjudgement re: timing.

Now this tribute concert was announced and apparently supported by the late pop star’s mother and four siblings. They told the world during a press conference that “an incredible line-up very soon” that will include “some of the greatest names in music.”

Now, promoters said performers would be announced soon but with that list of names still not public, registration for the Cardiff, Wales concert is on hold.

“The registration period was put on hold because we want people to know who they are registering to see,” Chris Hunt, the head of the British company promoting the concert.

The plan had been to announce the acts over a 10-day period following the July 25 news conference in which Jackson brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, sister La Toya and family matriarch Katherine Jackson. Now, that plan seems to have fallen apart.

Global Live Events told fans Friday the process would get on track.

“Between now and October we will be continuing to add names to the line-up so more announcements will follow,” Hunt said. “Fans of Michael’s music will get the concert they’ve been waiting for.”

“Some of the greatest names in music are already signed, and more are trying to shuffle other commitments to come on board,” a statement posted Friday on the concert website said.

Family Friction

During the press conference, Jackson family members told the world the merits of this tribute. La Toya Jackson said it was “something that’s spectacular” while the Jacksons’ mother called it “a show fit for a king.” “If my son were here today, he would feel the same way,” Katherine Jackson said.

“I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event,” Tito Jackson said.

The world, however, soon found that 2 of the brothers did not agree with this event, its handling or its timing. Jermaine and Randy Jackson, both not at the news conference issued a public statement on Twitter.

“We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family,” the two brothers said in a joint statement.

“While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael’s death.”

Remember, the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, is to begin in September and is expected to continue into October.

“In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live,” Randy and Jermaine Jackson said. Their statement said the idea of the October concert was presented to the entire family in April “as an idea already in its advanced stages.” The decision to go ahead with it “disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms” by some members of the Jackson family, they said.

Timing of Event

Fans and sites (including ours) have stated that the timing of this event seems inappropriate.

Ticket Pricing Issues

Jackson fans posted messages on the concert’s Facebook page questioning ticket prices and the process for buying them.

The ticketing system requires fans to place bids to a charity having chances improved for good seats depending on the amount bid. Fans noted on the concert site’s Facebook page that not all fans are rich and that such pricing was unfair.

Now, we must ask the obvious. What were those involved in this event thinking with timing, ticket sale methods, lack of permission re: MJ image etc. when they organized this event.

Michael himself was an absolute perfectionist when organizing any event or concert. He was truly a master at publicity. It has been reported throughout the media MJ himself was extremely and visibly upset with the last concert he participated in with his family. The management handling (under King’s direction), ticket sales, etc. led him to publicly announce he would not be touring with family again.

So now with what has been reported as Michael’s frustration having his family promote anything related to him and how this event is being promoted and organized, do you believe that such a tribute should be organized and promoted by maybe those who really know the business such as estate members?

Let us know what you think.

What we think? This was never going to happen and it is not going to happen.  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions