GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Re: Janet Jackson Launches Fur Fashion Line
December 07, 2011, 01:34:34 AM
Maybe it's not exactly the same, anyway I don't agree with any of them.
Actually on Easter my father-in-law buys lambs and sacrifices them and believe me please, I can not eat a bite of that lamb if I see it while still alive. My mother-in-law was mad with me, thinking I have something against them because I don't want to eat it but the fact is I felt like vomiting only at the smell of it, it's terrible to see the animal alive and then to eat it. At least for me.

Well my husband sometimes brings home alive fish and we end up fighting every time and not speaking to each other for days because he asks me every time that I should prepare the fish and he doesn't believe me that I can not stand to touch those fishes, it makes me sick, I feel like vomiting as I write here, only thinking about it.

So yes, for me it's the same, absolutely the same thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Delia

December 07, 2011, 02:04:52 AM
I still don*t understand : why eat meat ? Maybe some will really think about it and realise !?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sigh

December 07, 2011, 02:12:35 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well this confirms my fears...Janet is an illuminati puppet...she has no choice in the matter..

WTH ??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sigh

December 07, 2011, 02:13:26 AM
I still don*t understand : why eat meat ? Maybe some will really think about it and realise !?

Ever heard of food chain ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Delia

December 07, 2011, 02:19:30 AM
We humans live in an artificial environment, apart from food chain. We have the privilege to choose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 07, 2011, 02:22:26 AM

I guess as long as there are people who survive quite well and are even healthier without meat...I don't know.
After not eating meat for some time you really don't feel the need for it anymore. But doctors in general think we should eat meat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2011, 02:29:59 AM
People can wear fake leather and fake fur. Why need to kill poor animals for it? I can understand why everyone can not become vegetarians but do they need to wear fur and leather? This is still such a big shame for Janet. I didn't like what she is doing and will never support her about this issue. I actually wrote to her how I feel about this issue.

Pure Love I agree with you,my friend.And I don't need any more proof ,in fact I despise any brand they showed there,in Janet commercial:dior,versace or armani.All these people use fur for their cloth-line  :( .

I know Michael was/is good friend with Versace and Armani,in fact Versace was the one who created the famous Gold Pants for Michael.I don't have any clothes with this brands and I will never have ,lol  lolol/ ,because I wear what I like and not what Tv or fashion tolds me to,PERIOD.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2011, 05:19:47 AM
All I can say, I believe humans should reduce suffering on this planet.
Any suffering. Reduce, not increase. We can do it, no one else.
Why blindly following the books when you can get better than this by making
world less bloody right now. It's so easy! Just stop.
And unlike predators in the wild, us modern humans have a choice.
Once on a deserted island all alone with just an axe, of course many things
are justified for survival as it's our wild part acting to stay alive.
But in a city, within society, surrounded by choices, humans can be better than
that. We are humans, we have that special brain and we can be repulsed by suffering
of other life forms. If repulsed, why adding to that? We can start creating peaceful
environment right now. Yes, wild animals will keep hunting because they are
predators and have nothing but instincts, but artificially created suffering is horrible.
It's a shame. It should not be done. Just IMHO.

Janet maybe had no choice, we know nothing about the world, the circle she functions in,
maybe she's not thinking for herself anymore, maybe she does what she
was told to, we don't know. I don't "hate" her for promoting mass-murder industry,
I more like feel sorry for her and it saddens me. Yes, we sure "project" our high
 expectations on every single Jackson, which is a big mistake maybe :roll:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 07, 2011, 06:31:28 AM
Yes, we sure "project" our high
 expectations on every single Jackson, which is a big mistake maybe :roll:

I like this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 07:53:07 AM
This cheers me up:

One of  Janet Jackson's longtime fans is so disgusted by the singer's decision to launch a fur line he's selling his memorabilia collection in protest.

Animal lover Sean Oltersdorf of Michigan has teamed with animal rights activists at PETA to auction off 25 years' worth of Janet collectibles after learning Jackson has teamed up with fur company Blackglama and plans to release a new line of pelts later this year.

He says, "I am a long-time Janet Jackson fan - or I should say I used to be. I am disgusted and have decided I want to auction off my entire 25 years-plus of Janet items and donate the proceeds to PETA.

"I have three rescued chinchillas and find Janet's decision reprehensible."

Oltersdorf's collection, which includes posters, magazines, photos, vinyl and more, will be placed on eBay.com next week.

Jackson's luxury mink collection, which features 15 items ranging from coats to gloves, is due to be released in high-end retailers later this month.

Jackson came under fire from animal-rights campaigners last year after she modelled mink items in an ad campaign for the brand.

In case you want to bid, here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The price isn't all too high at the moment, sadly. Maybe people just don't care about Janet anymore. (She doesn't really deserve any better, I guess.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
December 08, 2011, 09:09:26 AM
One of  Janet Jackson's longtime fans is so disgusted by the singer's decision to launch a fur line he's selling his memorabilia collection in protest.

Animal lover Sean Oltersdorf of Michigan has teamed with animal rights activists at PETA to auction off 25 years' worth of Janet collectibles after learning Jackson has teamed up with fur company Blackglama and plans to release a new line of pelts later this year.

He says, "I am a long-time Janet Jackson fan - or I should say I used to be. I am disgusted and have decided I want to auction off my entire 25 years-plus of Janet items and donate the proceeds to PETA.

"I have three rescued chinchillas and find Janet's decision reprehensible."

Oltersdorf's collection, which includes posters, magazines, photos, vinyl and more, will be placed on eBay.com next week.

Jackson's luxury mink collection, which features 15 items ranging from coats to gloves, is due to be released in high-end retailers later this month.

/bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 09:19:03 AM
Would we please stop judging Janet here please???
I really feel bad about this, not that I encourage the killing of the animals for their fur. I don't agree with this but I also don't like to see we judge her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 09:45:04 AM
Would we please stop judging Janet here please???
I really feel bad about this, not that I encourage the killing of the animals for their fur. I don't agree with this but I also don't like to see we judge her.

I understand you're worried. I don't like judging people either, but nor do I like sugarcoating things. It is my opinion that when somebody does something essentially wrong, it has to be pointed out. Otherwise people would never see they're making a mistake.

I don't think any of us is judging Janet, just her decision to support the cruel fur industry. We're not asking for her to be burned at the stake, we're merely criticizing her behavior.

Please don't forget about the thousands of animals who will have to give their lives for Janet's fur line. In my opinion, lives are more important than somebody's freedom of expression, especially when they feel it is alright to wear coats made of a hundred innocent living creatures as a fashion statement. She needs to be criticized about this, not judged but severely criticized.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

RK

December 08, 2011, 09:57:35 AM
The shockingly sad truth is that one fur coat alone requires the lives of 40 minks, 40 foxes, and more than 100 chinchillas. Swallow that - this is just ONE coat.
50 million animals a year are slaughtered for the fashion industry. As a passionate animal rights advocate, I can not keep quiet.
The Janet Jackson fur controversy
by Shannon Boone

Janet Jackson is an American born singer and actress who has always prided herself on setting her own trends and doing what makes her happy rather than trying to appeal to the needs of others and their opinions.  So, it really was not much of a surprise when she decided to participate in the BlackGlama fur advertisement knowing that her appearance could receive potential backlash.

BlackGlama is a fashion brand specializing in Black mink products.  As stated on BlackGlama’s website, BlackGlama is “World renowned for their unbridled luxury and elegance.  BlackGlama products are created from the finest materials.  Each BlackGlama skin is hand selected, with less than 2% of the world’s Black mink population being deemed worthy of the BlackGlama name.

”Many people and groups have spoken out in disgust, against Janet Jackson’s participation in the BlackGlama fur advisement.  Actress Pamela Anderson has even gotten in on the controversy, calling Janet Jackson “greedy” for taking a job promoting fur.  She also stated, “It’s disappointing.  She has spoken out against fur before.  I don’t know why some people stop listening to their heart.  I guess some people get greedy, but it’s sad.”  Along with Pamela Anderson, PETA has also taken a stand against Janet Jackson and her participation in the ad campaign. 

PETA is an organization whose name stands for “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals”.  This non-profit organization employs roughly 300 people, but is supported by millions more.  The intent of the group is to focus on four core issues, opposition to fur farming, factory farming, animal testing, and animals in entertainment.  One of the things that PETA has done to grow awareness to its cause is its establishment of its own campaign.  “I’d rather go naked than wear fur”.  Countless celebrities have participated in this ad campaign such as Nia Long, Khloe Kardashian, and Eva Mendes. 

Recently, PETA’s Senior Vice President Dan Mathews issued a statement directed specifically towards Janet Jackson. “You and I spoke at length about the fur issue.  You told me you were always aggravated at photo shoots when stylists would try to throw fur on you and that you were even wary of wearing fake fur out of concern that it might actually be real or look real in photos and sent ht wrong message.  You were very straightforward and sensible about it.  What happened?”

To date, Janet Jackson has not commented on the “fur controversy”, and her BlackGlama ads are expected to appear in the September issues of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, W, and many other fashion magazines.  The ad is also set to be displayed on a billboard in New York City’s Time Square.

Copyright © 2002-2011 Helium, Inc. All rights reserved.

Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:34:51 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 10:17:05 AM
 /overreacting/

I don't like this 'we should not be judging Janet' line of thought. If we are not fit to judge Janet, perhaps we are not fit to judge anyone?  /judge/
I bet if it was Aguillera, Madonna or GaGa there would not be these kinds of comments. smiley_spider

Nobody is saying she should be executed or anything, as far as I can see those who oppose killing God's creatures for Fashion are just expressing their distaste.   respect/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions