PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Re: NEW Record Deal for Michael
March 16, 2010, 03:16:00 PM
Quote from: "KINGdom52"
Quote from: "mjfansince4"
Sarahli wrote:
PureLove wrote:
~Souza~ wrote:
Michael Jackson Estate Inks Record, Record Deal
Posted Mar 15th 2010 10:49PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... z0iIxFx7GY

That is pretty interesting.

First of all: 7 years? That's a weird period for a contract...

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Contract worth 250 million: 2+5 = another 7...

Coincidence?

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?

I like that !
I'm not so sure that Mike himself can be so certain about a specific date and even to ...announce it to us  :o (I mean anything could happens in the meantime and make him change his plans) but I like your way of thinking.
This or we all have become completely paranoids ! :lol:

:lol: Yeah I'm getting obsessed with the numbers. I see numbers everywhere :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

March 16, 2010, 03:31:16 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

This is where I don't understand...Michael's share of the Beatles catalog is worth $1 billion and they say he's broke? And that is only the Beatles catalog. He might be short on cashflow but definitely not broke.

You're right. I don't understand too...why all people keep saying he was $500 in debt. Is it just another rumor that has become a truth ? Just wonderin... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

March 16, 2010, 04:33:45 PM
Quote from: "topsecretgirl"
What if signing this deal is the only way for him to come back???
I DONT GET U ..CAN U EXPLAIN :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 04:43:52 PM
Quote from: "xirisjex"
I think people need to remember that Michael was way past the whole Sony feud.
That was in 2002 remember? We're in 2010 now...
That was about Tommy Mottola and he got fired after that!
In fact Tommy Mottola's wife (Thalia or something? ) even said that a few years later Michael even came by their house after she asked him too and he and Mottola even talked.

Also most importantly he released Thriller 25 a little more then two years a go, and guess what? He released it through Sony so appariantly he was over the whole feud.

So maybe this could actually be turned into good news? If he comes back he definetly has a record deal so who knows what could happen  ;)

Yes I heard that too Thalia talked about MJ going to their house and even to their wedding He was their best man or something like that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 16, 2010, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Thinking out loud here...

3 albums in 7 years is quite normal. Leaves 7 projects, one every year...what returns every year?

i agree with you 100% percent on the 'they're gonna get their asses kicked'-part cuz i am convinced that there must be some reason for this huge deal. but i'm more disturbed about it cuz i can't really imagine yet how that's gonna go down. it's a big commitment over 7 years. the number thing here is again astonishing as well.
until now, i thought that any new mj-release would be with another label, since 'this is it' was the last thing he had to do for sony (as announced in 2001), so i thought: finally, no more sony!
this deal with sony would also mean that mj cannot release other material on another label, unless collaborations that other artist publish with theirs, and that might cause legal trouble. and that any material michael left otherwise (or what the estate is gonna be willing to give up) will now be used by sony. i don't like the idea, honestly, cuz we still gotta give sony our money. just won't feel right.  

what returns every year: anniversaries! birthdays! holidays!  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

Raven

March 16, 2010, 05:10:03 PM
Quote from: "kingofmystery"
I'm trying to sort all this out.  Here's what Roger Friedman has to say:

Michael Jackson Deal: $225 Mil Just For Records, Nothing Else

The deal is only for records for the next seven years. It already includes the soundtrack to “This Is It.” Come November, the first scheduled release will be a collection of unreleased tracks perhaps including a duet with Paul Anka and one or two songs left off of “Thriller.”

Two more releases will be anniversary editions of “Bad” and “Off the Wall” which will include extra and remixed tracks a la the 25th anniversary edition of “Thriller.” McClain and hopefully Jackson’s longtime manager Frank DiLeo will be involved with those.

There are also enough tracks for at least one or two live albums from various Jackson tours.

The Sony deal does not include anything to do with Michael’s publishing, live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.
live shows??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Venus

March 16, 2010, 05:16:19 PM

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Coincidence? [/color]

They will reissue old records like Off The Wall (my favorite), Bad, Dangerous, History. Plus 3 new ones it will be 7 albums. Why I didn't count Thriller? Because it was recently released as Thriller 25.
Why seven years? Because they want to make money on Michael's music as long as people thrilled. 7 years the income will be really significant. after 7 years people will still buy his records by not so active, because most of them already have the albums, so sony expact to gain major profit and than maybe sale all rights to other company for record money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. you all

March 16, 2010, 05:18:43 PM
live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.

WTF ?!  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

March 16, 2010, 06:05:50 PM
Quote from: "Michaelangela"
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
Michael's disgust for SONY was BECAUSE of MOTOLLA!  

Motolla was FIRED in 2006!

We love you, Michael!  And YES, we will be there!  What a genius!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Exactly.
I was listening (radio conversation) to the guys that worked for Sony, it seemed like they had good relationship with MJ. I think MJ left Sony because of Mottola.

Our eyes should be open very widely, I don't wanna be sitting here next year thinking and talking about the hoax.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Mj had Matolla & Branca investigated . The investigator was questioned by Tom M during the Trial ,it is in the transcription of the trial Mj suspected Matolla and Branca of Funneling Money {MJ;s Money} to off shore accounts . Hello,wake up people .Why would Mj hire back someone he suspected of stealing ? Fortunate for John Branca ,HUH The very people that MJ suspected of stealing from him ,are in control of everything he owns .Including the LA court system .The whole SYSTEM is corrupt .It's a circle of lies . I want to see Mj autograph Of Mj giving back Branca control of his estate .And witnesses .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 06:07:45 PM
Quote from: "kelly wright"
Quote from: "Michaelangela"
Michael's disgust for SONY was BECAUSE of MOTOLLA!  

Motolla was FIRED in 2006!

We love you, Michael!  And YES, we will be there!  What a genius!

Exactly.
I was listening (radio conversation) to the guys that worked for Sony, it seemed like they had good relationship with MJ. I think MJ left Sony because of Mottola.

Our eyes should be open very widely, I don't wanna be sitting here next year thinking and talking about the hoax.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Mj had Matolla & Branca investigated . The investigator was questioned by Tom M during the Trial ,it is in the transcription of the trial Mj suspected Matolla and Branca of Funneling Money {MJ;s Money} to off shore accounts . Hello,wake up people .Why would Mj hire back someone he suspected of stealing ? Fortunate for John Branca ,HUH The very people that MJ suspected of stealing from him ,are in control of everything he owns .Including the LA court system .The whole SYSTEM is corrupt .It's a circle of lies . I want to see Mj autograph Of Mj giving back Branca control of his estate .And witnesses .

Ditto Kelly. This is all B.S
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 06:25:00 PM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Cool. I didn't know that about contracts.  :oops:

Contracts are NOT RETROACTIVE!  That is all SPIN!  Our dear Michael signed this contract in 2008!!!!  That is why the two year extension takes it 2017 instead of 2019!  

why are we excited about 2017? cause it has a 7 in it? i'm confused about this whole thing :oops:

I think they're excited because it coordinates with the year that Michael brought Frank Dileo back on board for a project? IDK - because it shows maybe he was planning something before 2009. I hope so, maybe so? The only way I'll be excited is if Michael did initiate this deal with Sony and not just the Estate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

March 16, 2010, 06:26:21 PM
I d'ont think we should consider things that happened years ago. I mean, if Michael has a deal, he found Sony is the only one that could put money on the table...so, just let's go !
I mean, music business is only about money. And I don't think Michael was a victim in this "sharks pool". Ok he had problems with Sony, but I guess he wouldn't have missed such an opportunity. This is what business is about ; forget about what you think to only choose the most profitable way at the best time. If Sony was the one at this very moment, no surprise Michael had a deal with them.

I wouldn't be surprised he came back with Sony, or asked his estate to deal with Sony if they were the most interesting ones.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

March 16, 2010, 06:41:45 PM
everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they  are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 06:50:55 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Quote from: "PureLove"

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Coincidence? [/color]

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?

exactly. that's what i thought too when i read the article! plus the date it's posted, 3/16 = 3 (1 + 6 = 7)... triple sevens. and his triple 7 shirt.  ;)

(don't bash us for guessing bam dates tho... L.O.V.E.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

rayvyn

March 16, 2010, 07:22:46 PM
Quote from: "kelly wright"
everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they  are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it  :?

Could you post a link to the youtube video? Thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions