No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: NEW Record Deal for Michael
March 16, 2010, 12:06:17 PM
Help me out so that I can see where you're taking us with this information.
You have included a lot about Grace. What do you think is her vested interest or gain with SONY remaining on as MJs record label?

Quote from: "White_Orchid"
Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
quite compelling to read... but why is this in the record deal section?

Sony.

Sony links to AEG, TII, and the rest of the petri dish that Michael referred to as music business sharks.

My free-associated list all had Sony connections so wondered if anyone's thoughts jived with anything on the list.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Accordingto the Wall Street Journal article...

The deal retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It," plus a range of other releases, some of which have been mapped out, with others to be determined later.[/b]

So we have TII as release #1. What about the random mix albums that have been released since June 25th? I wonder how many of those count as retroactive releases?

What random mix albums? !!  I guess I missed a fair bit over here in England!

Chris
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:18:41 PM
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
Michael's disgust for SONY was BECAUSE of MOTOLLA!  

Motolla was FIRED in 2003!

We love you, Michael!  And YES, we will be there!  What a genius!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Yep, thats my line of thoughts also...6 years is enough time to change your opinion, plus there has been 2 CEOs for Sony Music after Motolla.  

This is interesting...In 2004, one year after Mottola was fired,  Sony Music Entertainment merged with Bertelsmann Music Group forming Sony BMG.

Sony BMG Music Entertainment began as the result of a 50–50 joint venture between Sony Music Entertainment (part of Sony) and Bertelsmann Music Group (part of Bertelsmann) completed on March 4, 2004. It is one of the Big Four music companies, and includes ownership and distribution of recording labels such as Arista Records, Columbia Records, Epic Records, J Records, Jive Records, RCA Victor Records, RCA Records, Legacy Recordings, Sonic Wave America, and others. The merger affected all Sony Music and Bertelsmann Music Group companies worldwide except for Japan, where it was felt that it would reduce competition in that country’s music industry significantly.

Bertelsmann Music Group, (BMG), was a division of Bertelsmann before its completion of sale of the majority of its assets to Sony Corporation of America on October 1, 2008....Less than a year after the completion, Bertelmann is ramping up its  music rights/publishing venture BMG Rights Management in a deal with PE firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR).  
The venture, which holds of European back catalogs of more than 200 artists from Sony BMG days, will receive about €50 million ($69.4 million) in funding from KKR near-term, and would get about €200 million ($278 million) over the next five years to finance possible acquisitions, says Reuters. With this financing, KKR will own 51 percent and Bertelsmann 49 percent. This gives the German publishing giant a faster growth vehicle.
 I have no idea what this means, but less than  year after Bertelsmann completes their sales to Sony, (which formed Sony/BMG since 2004) they start dealing with KKR?  

Some high profile catalogs may also come on the market soon, according to FT: among them, ABKCO Music & Records, which owns songs by the Rolling Stones, the Animals, and the Kinks, whose owner Allen Klein died last weekend, and then continued speculation about the future of Michael Jackson’s share of Sony ATV, which owns more than 250 Beatles songs, and the Mijac catalogue, which includes the singer’s own rights. So Sony doesnt have the rights to MJ's music...unless MJ is owner of sony... :lol:

Can someone explain this easier...I don't understand...and this article was written on July 7, 2009 (memorial day)....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:27:56 PM
Since Mjs "death" , I have seen on some forums,  pop up ads showing MJ and Jackson 5 compilation and mix albums. I am not a fan of those types of albums so I didn't pay that much attention once I realized what it was. Maybe 2-3 of them. There was even one shown on the A&E site for theJackson 5. I never really paid attention to see which label distributed them either . Maybe SONY ...

Quote from: "Krayzee"
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Accordingto the Wall Street Journal article...

The deal retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It," plus a range of other releases, some of which have been mapped out, with others to be determined later.[/b]

So we have TII as release #1. What about the random mix albums that have been released since June 25th? I wonder how many of those count as retroactive releases?

What random mix albums? !!  I guess I missed a fair bit over here in England!

Chris
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

March 16, 2010, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: "LSK"
If Michael Jackson really is alive would he agree to such a deal with Sony or or was the falling out all fake?

I have mixed feelings about hearing this deal but from what I've seen in the news it seems like most of it will be back catalogue stuff - including the This Is It soundtrack - and one album of unreleased stuff.

Really don't know what to make of it I'm confused. Guess we will have to wait until later today to hear what they have come up with.

I agree, I don't think Michael would approve a deal with Sony.  The family has alluded to Sony being behind the molestation trial.  He believed they  wanted his share of the catalog.  Does Branca and McClain have the sole right to make this deal as executors without Mrs. Jackson's approval?  Does the children's attorney have the right to protest it?  If Sony has the rights to all the music from the 1980's thru 2017, they seem they have the right to all of Michael's music except what was recorded with the Jackson 5.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 01:45:56 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Quote from: "PureLove"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Michael Jackson Estate Inks Record, Record Deal
Posted Mar 15th 2010 10:49PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That is pretty interesting.

First of all: 7 years? That's a weird period for a contract...

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Contract worth 250 million: 2+5 = another 7...

Coincidence? [/color]

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

jill

March 16, 2010, 01:47:05 PM
Quote from: "Tina K."
Quote from: "Kuki"
Money.
Money...
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it
So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money
So you go to church
Read the Holy word
In the scheme of life
It's all absurd
They don't care
They'd kill for the money
Do or dare
The thrill for the money
You're saluting the flag
Your country trusts you
Now you're wearing a badge
You're called the "Just Few"
And you're fighting the wars
A soldier must do
I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
If you show me the cash
Then I will take it
If you tell me to cry
Then I will fake it
If you give me a hand
Then I will shake it
You'll do anything for money...
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Even sell my soul to the devil
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Insurance?
Where do your loyalties lie?
Is that your alibi?
I don't think so
You don't care
You'd do her for the money
Say it's fair
You sue her for the money
Want your pot of gold
Need the Midas touch
Bet you sell your soul
Cuz your God is such
You don't care
You kill for the money
Do or dareThe thrill for the money
Are you infected with the same disease
Of lust, gluttoney and greed?
Then watch the ones
With the biggest smiles
The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers
If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it
You'll do anything for money...
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
You say you wouldn't do it
For all the money in the world
I don't think soIf you show me the man
Then I will sell him
If you ask me to lie
Then I will tell him
If you're dealing with God
Then you will hell him
You'll do anything for money
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
If Michael planned this all along, he just sold his soul to the devil.... maybe for peace :(

In the time line thread there was an article that said Michael was very angry in the early morning hours of June 25,  he locked himself in his bedroom, playing loud music and reading his bible.  The article stated he was aggitated and he was shouting.  "I sold my soul to the devil."  Supposedly after that Dr. Murray gave him sedatives to calm him down and try to get him to "sleep".  This is all paraphrased I will try to find the thread.

I found the thread but unfortunately it has been deleted.  It was an article by Halperin so it may not have been credible.
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:35:43 PM by jill
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: "mjfansince4"
Sarahli wrote:
PureLove wrote:
~Souza~ wrote:
Michael Jackson Estate Inks Record, Record Deal
Posted Mar 15th 2010 10:49PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... z0iIxFx7GY

That is pretty interesting.

First of all: 7 years? That's a weird period for a contract...

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Contract worth 250 million: 2+5 = another 7...

Coincidence?

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?

I like that !
I'm not so sure that Mike himself can be so certain about a specific date and even to ...announce it to us  :o (I mean anything could happens in the meantime and make him change his plans) but I like your way of thinking.
This or we all have become completely paranoids ! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 02:08:10 PM
Quote from: "mjthelegendlives"
Quote from: "White_Orchid"
I was not going to post again but I am very disturbed.  Here is a progression of my thoughts. What do you think?

1.   Don’t forget how Michael felt about Sony

2.   Grace Rwaramba’s Twitter (ignore the blonde pic as it is merely a Red Herring misdirect)

•   Scroll down for Grace’s tweets:
•   March 3 –leaving Culver City (finally)
•   March 4-see randyjackson8 nasty twitter responses to Randy’s nasty comment about ‘1 in the house with evil intent to divide the family and separate the kids for her own evil gain (paraphrase).  It was a toss up evil was one was Alejandra or Nanny Grace
•   But Grace’s March 4 defensive tweet clarified that she is the evil one referred in Randy’s tweet.  

3.   Sony Pictures is situated in Culver City

4.   TMZ original location was in Glendale, California.  

•   Victory Studios in Glendale, California (pictured here in 2007), is where TMZ.com was launched. TMZ.com later relocated to Hollywood, Los Angeles, but remained in California. As of November 2009, TMZ.com currently is still located in Los Angeles.
•   Forest Lawn Cemetery is also where ‘MJ’ is supposedly entombed in Holly Terrance which is no longer guarded heavily guarded.
•   So what was that 32,000 pounds of cement delivered to Neverland used for anyway?

5.   Victory Studios
[bYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/b]
•   Background info-see Harvey Levin connection

6.   Victory Studios Blue/Green Screen

7.   Grace Rwaramaba gets ‘fired’ by MJ and marries heretofore unknown Joseph Kisembo that nobody can authenticate or find pictures of the happy couple
[bYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

•   Link offers lots of Red Herring misdirects like drug abuse, first time Grace in 17 years that Grace talks to media despite being ‘fired’ by MJ.  Other links can be found showing MJ and Grace like ‘a married couple.

8.   Nanny Grace takes kids for Christmas

•   Happy to see that the kids are calm and don’t look stressed given that the last tine they were at the Staples Centre was 7 months ago for their fathers ‘Memorial Service’. Blanket was the only one with stage fright.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So given that Mr. Grace is nowhere to be found, was Grace “finally” able to leave Culver City because the new Sony deal got inked?

What gives with the Randy-Grace hostility?

Katherine began this leg of the journey as a vocal voice for Michael’s estate so why has she all but lost her voice?  We know why Joe is silent.

Was Grace the one who called Children services, uploaded the Jaffar punching out Jermastery video on YouTube?

Why did Grace Rwaramba take MJ’s kids to the home of midnighmlk over Christmastime?

Why do we hear more about Grace news than the Katherine, Latoya, Janet????

Am I the other one disturbed when Grace calls MJ kids her babies???

Grace, Jermaine, Tohme Tohme all have connection to Power of Islam.

Midnightmk, Brett Ratner, DiLeo, Branca, McLain all have Sony connection.

Mighnightmlk, Grace, and MJ kids were together at Christmas.

Grace ‘finally’ got out of Culver City.

Katherine’s ability as custodian is questioned by Children’s Service, burlary, etc.

Mersault would only take MJ’s sexual molestation case on the proviso that MJ got rid of the Power of Islam.

MJ feared for his life.

MJ fired Grace, hired Kai Chase as cook and different nannies for the kids.

I think the Grace-Barak interview was a Red Herring.

But whose Red Herring? Michael’s or Grace?

Randy has vibes that Grace is evil and Latoya has already stated that she does not like Grace and Rebbie and Grace had a physical altercation.

Could it be that Grace was a possible reason for MJ’s disappearance???

Or, is Grace acting on behalf of MJ???

What do you think of the Grace trail???

I suspect that the TMZ-MJ connection probably started in Victory Studios in Glendale.

Don’t forget what Michael thought about Sony.

Edied to add URLs :ugeek:

This is interesting WO, but what would Grace be after?

oh wow unemployed if this is true...  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 02:45:52 PM
I think people need to remember that Michael was way past the whole Sony feud.
That was in 2002 remember? We're in 2010 now...
That was about Tommy Mottola and he got fired after that!
In fact Tommy Mottola's wife (Thalia or something? ) even said that a few years later Michael even came by their house after she asked him too and he and Mottola even talked.

Also most importantly he released Thriller 25 a little more then two years a go, and guess what? He released it through Sony so appariantly he was over the whole feud.

So maybe this could actually be turned into good news? If he comes back he definetly has a record deal so who knows what could happen  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 02:52:47 PM
Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

This is where I don't understand...Michael's share of the Beatles catalog is worth $1 billion and they say he's broke? And that is only the Beatles catalog. He might be short on cashflow but definitely not broke.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

March 16, 2010, 03:01:44 PM
I'm trying to sort all this out.  Here's what Roger Friedman has to say:

Michael Jackson Deal: $225 Mil Just For Records, Nothing Else

The deal is only for records for the next seven years. It already includes the soundtrack to “This Is It.” Come November, the first scheduled release will be a collection of unreleased tracks perhaps including a duet with Paul Anka and one or two songs left off of “Thriller.”

Two more releases will be anniversary editions of “Bad” and “Off the Wall” which will include extra and remixed tracks a la the 25th anniversary edition of “Thriller.” McClain and hopefully Jackson’s longtime manager Frank DiLeo will be involved with those.

There are also enough tracks for at least one or two live albums from various Jackson tours.

The Sony deal does not include anything to do with Michael’s publishing, live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:30:32 PM by kingofmystery
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

March 16, 2010, 03:05:49 PM
I THINK MJ IS BEHIND THE CONTRACT SIGNING .. WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT HAD PATCHED UP WITH THEM N THAT CAN BE POSSIBLE....NOW AT PRESENT HE MAY BE AT GOOD TERMS WITH THEM.... MAY BE THAT COULD BE THE REASON OF SIGNING 7 YEARS CONTRACT VIT THEM....... JUST SEEING A POSSIBILITY NO  OFFENSE.  GOOD LUCK MJ. I THINK NEED RELIEF FROM UR MOUNTED DEBTS........... LU.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

topsecretgirl

March 16, 2010, 03:09:54 PM
What if signing this deal is the only way for him to come back???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions