From Billboard.com

Michael Jackson 'Breaking News' Song Debuts Online

Written by Akon and Claude Kelly, "Hold My Hand" was recorded by the Senegalese singer/rapper and Jackson in Las Vegas in 2007. An unfinished version of the song leaked in 2008, but Akon completed the final production of the track after Jackson's death.

"The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," Akon said in a statement. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all-time idols."

According to the release, it was Jackson himself who wanted "Hold My Hand" to be the first single on his next project, as expressed in a handwritten letter that is now is the hands of his estate.

Akon's contribution to "Michael" is not the album's only collaboration. The tracklist reveals that Lenny Kravitz is featured on the song "(I Can't Make It) Another Day," while 50 Cent makes an appearance on "Monster." Jackson served as a co-producer on the album's ten tracks.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well, Michael DID work on those songs, and even if he were dead I imagine he'd still be listed as co-producer.  Now I'm not sure exactly what "producing" means, but I think MJ was a producer or co-producer on many of his songs?  He certainly was very involved with every aspect of his music.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions