Michael Jackson auditorium unveiling 'disappointing,' abuse survivors' group says
October 18, 2010 | 11:59 am

Restoration of pop singer Michael Jackson's name over a Los Angeles school auditorium is a "slap in the face" to children who've been subjected to pedophilia, said a spokesman for Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

Gardner Street Elementary

7450 Hawthorn Ave., Los Angeles, 90046
Public school in the Los Angeles Unified district.
Grades K-6
448 students
21 faculty members

More »Source: California Department of Education
Sandra Poindexter, Ben Welsh Los Angeles TimesThe Los Angeles Unified School District's decision to uncover Jackson's name after it had been boarded over for seven years didn't take into account the "cultural perception" that Jackson had issues with kids, said Joelle Casteix, a SNAP spokeswoman.

"It's grossly disappointing," Casteix said Monday. "Although he was never convicted there was a huge secret settlement with at least one alleged victim,'' she said, referring to a 1993 civil lawsuit alleging child abuse that ended with a closed-door payout.

"With all the brave and courageous people LAUSD could honor, it's a shame they chose to honor him again," she added.

District officials on Friday uncovered Jackson's name at Gardner Street Elementary School, saying the deceased entertainer had been acquitted of separate criminal charges alleging child abuse in 2005. Fans had petitioned the district to uncover Jackson's name.

School officials said they had no problem with the decision.
"No one is upset,'' said PTA President Marielena Armagnac. "All of the kids love his music."

Jackson briefly attended Gardner in 1969 as an 11-year-old on the brink of superstardom. He attended the auditorium's dedication in his name in 1989.

-- Catherine Saillant
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Perhaps Joelle Casteix, a SNAP spokeswoman should be more informed or perhaps we should write her to ensure that she knows the truth and that Michael was innocent.   Unbelievable that after all this time, people are still judging him and thinks he is guilty anyway.  GRRRRRRR
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

These "SNAP" people....*smdh* :x  :roll:
...They need a WAKE-UP call...*facepalm*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

ijcsly

yup, they need to SNAP out of it!
People are so misinformed when it comes to MJ.This has to be dealt with.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

So the backlash begins...

I think some people will NEVER accept Michaels innocence regardless of the proof out there.

I suppose it is to be expected, but it is disapointing and frustrating. If only they could do some research.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

Oh no, not again what a load of crap!..........except the fact that YES all the CHILDREN LOVE MICHAEL'S MUSIC......and that when you tell a kid about Michael Jackson they think Thriller or Billie Jean and start to Moonwalk in the second, happy and joyful to try to do that dance move....so the same for a lot of normal people....................only the filthy press and desperate haters insist into portraying him as he should never have been ever by anyone.

Restoration of pop singer Michael Jackson's name over a Los Angeles school auditorium is a "slap in the face" to children who've been subjected to pedophilia, said a spokesman for Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

I will just avoid to comment, it's really preferable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

MJonmind

Quote from: "ijcsly"
yup, they need to SNAP out of it!
People are so misinformed when it comes to MJ.This has to be dealt with.
:lol: Every move he makes, a cloud of controversy follows him, either lovers or haters.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

[attachment=0:2hib3wm6]595disappointed3if8.jpg[/attachment:2hib3wm6]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

so what's the plan.  I'm all for it :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MissG

OMG,the neverending story. Here we go again, circles never end....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

loyalfan

MICHEAL if you read this post,take no notice,there is ALWAYS ONE PERSON WHO WILL SPOIL THINGS.....they belong to BULLSHIT.COM...............................o.k.....................we love you more...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

[attachment=0:225ejwwy]46615_1403603889810_1223730592_30923576_5343950_n.jpg[/attachment:225ejwwy]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Those Arvizo need to go public and confess that all was a set up to take his money. How could people not see that?

I am sure that sadly, some of the people on this forum had a bad exprience during their childhood and interesting enough those can see MJ as a non molester.

MJ was innocent all the way and proven by law innocent as well. What do they want more? what more is needed?
Looks like education is not enough.
All of those people full of prejudices are the cause for MJ to be gone  :evil:  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

curls

This is her email address, available on the SNAP website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Off to compose an email right now - this is appalling , but I suppose was to be expected.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

This is the email I've just sent:

Dear Ms Casteix,

Child abuse is a terrible crime with far reaching effects for all involved. Childhood is precious and can never be regained once it is taken away with such events.

If there was ever a person to understand this, it was Michael Jackson. He did so much to give sick and underprivileged children some happy childhood experiences. His actions were driven by concern and love, pure and simple, not by sick, sexual perversion.

I am disappointed by your comments regarding the uncovering of his name at the Gardner Street School. The 'cultural perception' that you wish to pander to has been created by the media, who instead of providing the public with honest, truthful facts, has for decades used lies and relentless bullying with the purposeful intention of ruining his name in the public's mind. It has been instumental in creating a society which has a problem accepting someone with a truly honest, loving heart. We find it easier to tease, to mock and to believe the sick, perverted lies; understandable I suppose, if that is all we are given to hear and read.

However, it only takes a little research to discover what really happened in Michael Jackson's case. I've taken the liberty of including a link to an article that helps to clear up some common misconceptions. I sincerely hope you will take a few minutes to read it and maybe feel inspired to look for more detailed information, which is readily available and easy to find on the internet.

I would be the first to join you in condemning the school's recent action if a paedophile was involved but Mr Jackson was not merely 'never convicted', he was INNOCENT all along. Please open your eyes, mind and heart - don't be fooled by the media lies any longer.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXX XXXX
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
It bothers me when I see people saying Michael isn't innocent, because then I know they haven't even done research to support their claims. Because if they spent even just 5 seconds doing serious research on it, they would know right then and there that he was and always will be innocent of those crimes. The 1993 allegations that were settled out of court; I took that not as Michael being guilty, but as him saying "Look, you're causing me serious trouble with these false claims, and I want you to leave me alone and stay out of my life." and it's funny that the parents took the money, because if my child truly got molested by an older man, I would not take ANY amount of money, he harmed my child, and I either want him to be locked away forever or dead. I honestly think that Evan Chandler was out for money. And same with the 2003 charges. Same with Gavin Arvizo's mother, she saw that Chandler succeeded in 1993 and wanted his money. And didn't Gavin's father say that she was in a mental hospital? It sickens me to know that people are foolish enough to believe these sick, evil, twisted and greedy people.

They not only caused Michael serious emotional pain, but physical pain as well, (the police brutality.) :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions