~Souza~Topic starter

Re: The new forum, please read.
July 26, 2011, 12:28:42 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you Souza!! ;D
Are you able to un-ban me from the chatroom when you get a chance ?  :-\

Can you please mail me your username? This thread is not about the chat. If you send me your username I will see what I can do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 26, 2011, 12:37:26 AM
Hi Souza, if you need help fixing codes for youtube etc, as in manual work, you tell me what to do and I will do it, I can help you :)

I am savvy enough to know what not to do :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 12:45:04 AM
Hi Souza, if you need help fixing codes for youtube etc, as in manual work, you tell me what to do and I will do it, I can help you :)

That would be great! I will set the permissions for you to edit posts right away. Just walk through them and edit the wrong codes (YouTube, images etc.) to the right codes. Or edit them if you bump into posts with errors. Large fonts are set to 99px, they should be edited to 14px, because they make the board way too wide. Anyways, you will be fine. PM me if you need more info.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 26, 2011, 01:03:40 AM
Thanks Souza, I will do what I can.

That would be great! I will set the permissions for you to edit posts right away. Just walk through them and edit the wrong codes (YouTube, images etc.) to the right codes. Or edit them if you bump into posts with errors. Large fonts are set to 99px, they should be edited to 14px, because they make the board way too wide. Anyways, you will be fine. PM me if you need more info.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 01:04:54 AM

Should work now. If I set the permissions right, you will now have a 'modify' button displayed in each post. Thanks a bunch!
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:07:04 AM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 01:06:42 AM
I forgot another update: at the bottom of each topic there is now a 'share me' function, that allows you to share a certain topic easily on different social media sites.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 26, 2011, 01:08:35 AM
I see the modify :)

Should work now. If I set the permissions right, you will now have a 'modify' button displayed in each post. Thanks a bunch!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 01:43:52 AM
Another function added: the blog function, as we had on the old board. In your personal menu on the left (top), you will now see "My blog". If you click this you will enter your personal blog page, in which you can blog whatever you want. Before you can post a new blog though (on the right side), you will have to create a category for the blog you are going to post. As it's your own blog, you can make as many categories and blogs if you like. To view all blogs, click on 'blogs' in the menu.
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:49:56 AM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

July 26, 2011, 02:12:22 AM
When I posted just now, the 'modify' button was not there.

I was finding it hard to see all the new posts when if I had briefly been on a site and wanted to go back, it was already marked as read, so it didn't show. So I finally discovered that if I clicked on the 'Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators', then I could get the complete 'Last Topics' list whether I had been on one of them or not.
Is it possible to have the link always at the top for 'Last Topics'?
Thanks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 02:17:56 AM
When I posted just now, the 'modify' button was not there.

I was finding it hard to see all the new posts when if I had briefly been on a site and wanted to go back, it was already marked as read, so it didn't show. So I finally discovered that if I clicked on the 'Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators', then I could get the complete 'Last Topics' list whether I had been on one of them or not.
Is it possible to have the link always at the top for 'Last Topics'?
Thanks!

The last posts are on the homepage. If I add them to the forum view, it will become unclear.

And the modify button is disabled, just like on the old board. Some members simply took advantage of it and deleted important topics/posts by editing them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 03:49:52 AM

And another feature added: YouTube embedding.

You will be asked to enter your YouTube channel name (name only, not the whole link, for example, mine is SouzicalTheMusical). You don't have to, you can also delete this notification without adding your profile. If you change your mind, you can always add it later via Profile -> Forum profile -> Actions.

It will add all your videos in your youtube account on here (embedded, they will not be uploaded) and you can add any video you want to the gallery, which can be viewed by clicking 'Youtube Gallery' in the menu.
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:14:01 AM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 05:22:07 AM
New bbcode added: embedded facebook videos (see facebook icon next to image icon when posting a message)

Note! You should not put the whole link between the [facebook][/facebook] tag, you need to edit it:

If this is the url of the video for example:

You will put the following between the tags to make sure the video will actually show:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 05:32:42 AM
New bbcode: Float.  Let's you wrap text around images emulating the float: right/left (green arrows next to font face). Usefull when posting topics or blog posts with images.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

July 26, 2011, 06:21:40 AM
just stopped by for a visit before work. i can see that we should expect a few peaks and valley's over the next little while until this thing is completed. hang in there everyone . we will get there.  ;D

Thanks Souza !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 06:33:01 AM
Added bbcode: post .pdf files (next to images). With this function you can include .pdf files that are somewhere on a server (no upload!). For example, this is the DC posted by TMZ as .pdf and instead of linking to the document, I have included it in the post to view and download: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions