Re: The new forum, please read.
July 26, 2011, 09:54:58 AM
Thank you Souza! I did everything you suggested, and I am up and running fine! Thanks so much for the time info example. It was a big help!   :-*

Stay blessed, because you certainly are!
OnTheWingsOfLove

P.S. Can we get the bear hug back!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

July 26, 2011, 11:38:58 AM
 Thanx Souza!Great Job.  ;D ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 26, 2011, 09:38:02 PM
Lots of good stuff added.  Thanks so much for your efforts Souza!  I am having a bit of trouble with modifying my profile.  My avatar transferred over from the old site, but when I went into the modifying profile, I lost it. :(  Now I can't upload it or any others that I have on my hard drive, as it says the file is too large or something else is wrong.  Can't seem to add sig either.  My ARMY of L.O.V.E. designation is gone too.  :( :(  How do I get this all working again.....when you have a moment.  Thanks! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

July 26, 2011, 10:01:57 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lots of good stuff added.  Thanks so much for your efforts Souza!  I am having a bit of trouble with modifying my profile.  My avatar transferred over from the old site, but when I went into the modifying profile, I lost it. :(  Now I can't upload it or any others that I have on my hard drive, as it says the file is too large or something else is wrong.  Can't seem to add sig either.  My ARMY of L.O.V.E. designation is gone too.  :( :(  How do I get this all working again.....when you have a moment.  Thanks! ;)

The sig should be fine if you edit the code, the url for your pic should be surrounded by [img ]http://pic url[ /img]. You're missing the "/" in the last[/img] as it's showing up in your sig now.

Yours says:
[img ]http://pic url[ img]

It should be:
[img ]http://pic url[ /img]

(without the spaces, I added them to make the code visible)

The rest is over my head, let's wait for Souza.
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:04:50 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

July 26, 2011, 10:33:57 PM
Thanks Bec, I will make the change you identified.  Ha!  Make that change! ;D

My avatar however is an upload from my hard drive that I can access through the browse feature.  It does not come from a http site.  So, not sure what to do there. ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

July 26, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
You did it Liberian Girl!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

skyways

July 26, 2011, 10:58:34 PM
Dear Souza!!  BIG BIG THANK YOU@@ if is there any noble prize for all u time, persistend work and endless deducation as an admin - that Noble Price is yours!!  GOD Bless you @@ Hopefuly al that effort  wouldnt left unnotice by Michael  @ bcause wthout u existance we wdnt b haved such sophisticated platform and gathered so many smart, intelegent and sinply extraordinary peoples - Bravo, just Bravo!!  Sorry 4 my mistake on writing everybody - i just so happy 2 posting FINALLY via my simple phone@&@ plus english nt my native...  OK, only one things i miss - Michaels  sharply pointed shoes from the  old forum logo@   anyone one wth me for missing that?? Its was like piersing sharp statement exactly representing Michaels agenda & our devotion on this time. That logo is simply genius.  Is it possibly to add it some how 2 our new pages??  I LOVE ALL OF U my dear family@ stay Blessed and open for controversy !  :-@
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

July 26, 2011, 11:41:39 PM
I will go through your questions later on, give me a little break ok? It's the start of my holiday and I feel like I work harder now than when I do when at work. Patience is the key...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

July 26, 2011, 11:54:14 PM
I hope this will be the right thread to post difficulties with the new forum in. The speed of loading pages is a pain. I think it's the addendums that are hampering IMHO. I don't appreciate the "join us" cursor. I want to check the forum also without being logged in and this is just hmmmm. Is it feasible to get the edit button for posts back, please, since the preview destroys all my formats and the text is barely legible. The "reformatting" happened when there was a warning in the sense  of "new post while you were typing" - so my posting process was interrupted, I had to press "post" a second time and the result can be seen below. I would like to make the post more suitable for human beings' eyes but I cannot edit anymore since the edit button has disappeared completely. It might be the case that some folks delete their posts because they change their mind. That is not so terrible IMO. I am re-thinking my phrases all the time. I think it is more positive and contributing to quality to allow editing for some time than to block it completely. There might be a damage to the forum when new members search for an edit button they are used to on other boards and don't find it here. This will withhold people from posting at all. Thanks to all. This an example of layout misfit after preview / posting: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

bec

July 27, 2011, 12:04:35 AM
Grace, can you screenshot your display so we can see what you mean?

I think your post is quite lovely, what do you feel is wrong with it (your linked example I mean)?

Ps. the upload speed varies when Souza is working on the forum in the background, it comes and goes in the last few days since migration, but it should be fine now, is it still slow for you?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

~Souza~Topic starter

July 27, 2011, 12:11:22 AM
Well, extra features deleted from the forum, can be found at the homepage (menu). Everyone happy. Edit button is being abused many times by posters who simply deleted their whole posts, which made a mess. I am going to think about it and MAYBE put it back as a test, but that's far from a promise.

As for the speed of the forum, it's speedy here. Long thread loads in 2.2 seconds which is more than fine when you look at the size of the database. Also, the forum might be slow at times because I am working on it. In that case believe me, I will notice it as well, so no need for a hundred emails complaining about the slow forum. I can also just close it down when I am working on it, but I don't think anyone would like that.

Again, i can not please anyone and there will definitely be people disappointed. That's life, we can't all have it all. I will work on the rest of the complaints after I have been allowed to get some sleep.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

July 27, 2011, 12:22:43 AM

It's the breaks that get lost. Everything is getting glued together into one text dough despite it was neatly structured before.

This happened to my post above as well.

This post is now being posted as a "Quick reply" - I think it's the interruption of the posting process that causes the breaks to disappear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002

Time to BE.

~Souza~Topic starter

July 27, 2011, 12:28:48 AM

It's the breaks that get lost. Everything is getting glued together into one text dough despite it was neatly structured before.

This happened to my post above as well.

This post is now being posted as a "Quick reply" - I think it's the interruption of the posting process that causes the breaks to disappear.

Grace, I have asked in one of my posts for everyone to please go through your profile settings. You can disable that notice yourself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

July 27, 2011, 12:08:00 PM
Hi Souza, I checked my profile.
The loss of breaks and of a post structure has nothing to do with my profile?

Every text being structured remains with structure only if I'm fast enough in posting and nobody comes in between me typing and me clicking on the "post" button.

When another member posted a contribution while I was typing, my posting process is getting interrupted and obviously all breaks from a "enter" and tabs etc. are lost. The text is being condensed to one paragraph only when I had several before. Same happens to photos as in the example link I gave. They are put into the text when I wanted breaks in between.

So even with preview I cannot finally say what my post will look like.
I have no explanation for this. Seems as if a temp file from preview or cache does not keep the formats.
Thanks if you have an idea.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Time to BE.

July 27, 2011, 06:05:58 PM
Hi Souza, I checked my profile.
 The loss of breaks and of a post structure has nothing to do with my profile?

Every text being structured remains with structure only if I'm fast enough in posting and nobody comes in between me typing and me clicking on the "post" button.

When another member posted a contribution while I was typing, my posting process is getting interrupted and obviously all breaks from a "enter" and tabs etc. are lost. The text is being condensed to one paragraph only when I had several before. Same happens to photos as in the example link I gave. They are put into the text when I wanted breaks in between.

So even with preview I cannot finally say what my post will look like.
 I have no explanation for this. Seems as if a temp file from preview or cache does not keep the formats.
 Thanks if you have an idea.

Allow me to help: your problem indeed has to do with your profile setting.

Just go to Profile --> Account Setting --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout.

There is a long list of features you can mark/unmark. Just check  ---> Don't warn on new replies made while posting.

I hope it will solve your problem. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions