Re: #ElvisAndMJdotcom continuing on July 7
July 07, 2010, 02:34:42 AM
hi guys, after reading melody's post above, i think we should try to come up with some strategy.

after these couple of days of tweeting it's pretty obvious that we are much too short of tweeters to get the topic to trend. how we MIGHT overcome this: if we somehow manage to get the attention strangers who are not even believers to retweet our stuff. some people have tried this: adding the #ElvisandMJdotcom tag together with something that is already trending (e.g. right now the top topic is Cedric Diggory, some believer might tweet 'Cedric Diggory #ElvisandMJdotcom' and start spamming so that it will show on the real-time search for 'Cedric Diggory' as well. What if we had more people spamming?? it will flood the search page for 'Cedric Diggory' and people who click on that search will see our tag.

If our tweet sounds ridiculous enough some strangers might retweet for the fun of it. I do not think people like to retweet stuff that sounds too 'promoted' unless they themselves believe in it. So i think we should tweet something that sounds innocent enough, like we're one of them: e.g. "HUH wth does #ElvisandMJdotcom have to do with Cedric Diggory? Why are so many ppl tweeting that suddenly?"

maybe we can try targeting the top 3 trending topics to 'spam' first. it will contribute towards keeping the top three topics at the top, but also i suggest this because if we target all ten trending topics they might continue to trend longer and it's harder for our own tag to trend.

Lastly addressing another important point melody brought out. Let's start attaching a NEW tag to our tweet, we need a new one so it can spike.

e.g. #wwwELVISANDMJcom

i'm not sure if this strategy is going to work but we can give it a shot!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 02:46:23 AM
Quote from: "JukeBox"
hi guys, after reading melody's post above, i think we should try to come up with some strategy.

after these couple of days of tweeting it's pretty obvious that we are much too short of tweeters to get the topic to trend. how we MIGHT overcome this: if we somehow manage to get the attention strangers who are not even believers to retweet our stuff. some people have tried this: adding the #ElvisandMJdotcom tag together with something that is already trending (e.g. right now the top topic is Cedric Diggory, some believer might tweet 'Cedric Diggory #ElvisandMJdotcom' and start spamming so that it will show on the real-time search for 'Cedric Diggory' as well. What if we had more people spamming?? it will flood the search page for 'Cedric Diggory' and people who click on that search will see our tag.

If our tweet sounds ridiculous enough some strangers might retweet for the fun of it. I do not think people like to retweet stuff that sounds too 'promoted' unless they themselves believe in it. So i think we should tweet something that sounds innocent enough, like we're one of them: e.g. "HUH wth does #ElvisandMJdotcom have to do with Cedric Diggory? Why are so many ppl tweeting that suddenly?"

maybe we can try targeting the top 3 trending topics to 'spam' first. it will contribute towards keeping the top three topics at the top, but also i suggest this because if we target all ten trending topics they might continue to trend longer and it's harder for our own tag to trend.

Lastly addressing another important point melody brought out. Let's start attaching a NEW tag to our tweet, we need a new one so it can spike.

e.g. #wwwELVISANDMJcom

will give it a try  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 03:23:55 AM
Quote from: "missy_missy"

e.g. #wwwELVISANDMJcom

seems great, i will try today too. But, concerning the new tag, we shouldn't tweet it now if we want it to become one day a TT, because, you know, the number of tweets with this tag has to start from 0 too 1000+.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E. you all[/size]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

July 07, 2010, 03:44:53 AM
Quote from: "NeVrOzAy"

e.g. #wwwELVISANDMJcom

seems great, i will try today too. But, concerning the new tag, we shouldn't tweet it now if we want it to become one day a TT, because, you know, the number of tweets with this tag has to start from 0 too 1000+.

thx you're right, let's wait for the go ahead from Souza & Mo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 04:01:21 AM
I have two accounts too

wow    lilwendy  thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you miss him???
my God, my wish to see Michael and then my death

July 07, 2010, 04:02:45 AM
Quote from: "NeVrOzAy"

e.g. #wwwELVISANDMJcom

thx you're right, let's wait for the go ahead from Souza & Mo.

yeah good idea. i've just been tweeting in the cedric diggory trend. so many contributors there :( anyway i have to go now but be back later to keep soldiering on!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 05:14:31 AM
you can Use this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  it will help you
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:46:16 AM by Widow Michael J
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you miss him???
my God, my wish to see Michael and then my death

July 07, 2010, 05:33:40 AM
The thing might not be working because of different time zones IMO. I mean everyone wont be awake or at home during this period. Just saying..... :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

July 07, 2010, 05:44:39 AM
Maybe this is a dry-run experiment on how well one group can work as one on the world-wide internet stage. Hopefully the results will give "him" the information he needs for future mobilization.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 08:04:49 AM
Quote from: missy_missy
we have to try and spread the word. TS himself said that we should try and direct more traffic to this site.
if we just sit back and do nothing, then this hoax would have accomplished nothing and have been for vain.[/i]

If we do nothing this hoax will have been in vain?????........This is a PERFECT example of the HUBRIS some have. THE HOAX IS ABOUT MJ FAKING HIS DEATH. Its not about this site, TS or any other Internet site that talks about the hoax. We are NOT THE HOAX.......It ain't about us.  Apparently MJ would prefer right now the world think him deceased. The only person to reverse that is the man himself. He does leave clues for those who are willing to think outside the box that he faked it  but sending people cold turkey with zero background knowledge  to a site that compares the hoax of two famous musicians does not spread MJ's "message" ....It just pumps the views  of the site. There the focus is on how these two were forced into pretending they were dead to escape what the world demanded of them. Want to be part of that??  You have to ask yourselves..........Is this about MJ or is it about the desires of some? Let's not get side tracked. Aren't we suppose to be following his clues?
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:15:39 AM by still looking
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 07, 2010, 08:09:22 AM
To prove my point ........where is the discussion on the "new" TII "rehearsal" video released on July 5th??? Its absolutely loaded with TII the movie  contradictions and nothing.......nada.......zero. Its all been about tweeting . So much for following HIS clues. I ain't about us people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

July 07, 2010, 08:38:32 AM
Some shoes are nice  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~Topic starter

July 07, 2010, 08:42:18 AM
I know you can't sum up the contributors over the days and I know we aren't with enough. But stop tweeting makes people forget. While we try to find a solution to get attention to it, we should keep tweeting. If non-believers are picking up on the hashtag #ElvisAndMJdotcom and go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login they will see the hashtag has been tweeted 29,000 times in less then 3 days, making it more interesting to check out.

I do think it's a good idea to make some new tweets including other trendics. I am thinking justin bieber, world cup, mick jagger etc. I will make a new global for comments where we can post standard tweets including other popular trends, and if we make the tweets funny enough we might get some attention.

I still believe that doing nothing is helping even less, and tweeting the hashtag doesn't hurt anyone. So not trending yet, but that doesn't mean we should stop and start all over in a few days. If you are not participating because you think it isn't all working, then come up with a better idea.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

July 07, 2010, 08:55:41 AM
What is stopping people to read is the Elvis connection.
That is not positive. To have the name Elvis involved just makes all the efforts in the investgation look non credible.

Michael Jackson fans are Michaels and don´t care about Elvis. Elvis is gone since 33 years.

I don´t like to be identified with Elvis either, so I can understand why people is upset and won´t tweet or support the forum.

I am only concern about Michael and admit that I have a hard time tweeting with that combination "Elvisandmjdotcom". I am here to find out and get to know and understand about Michael. Elvis issue is a turn off.

Still, I  tweeted yesterday and made clear why I do it. I have contributed :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

July 07, 2010, 08:58:01 AM
Quote from: "Gema"
What is stopping people to read is the Elvis connection.
That is not positive. To have the name Elvis involved just makes all the efforts in the investgation look non credible.

Michael Jackson fans are Michaels and don´t care about Elvis. Elvis is gone since 33 years.

I don´t like to be identified with Elvis either, so I can understand why people is upset and won´t tweet or support the forum.

I am only concern about Michael and admit that I have a hard time tweeting with that combination "Elvisandmjdotcom". I am here to find out and get to know and understand about Michael. Elvis issue is a turn off.

Still, I  tweeted yesterday and made clear why I do it. I have contributed :)

I whole heartedly agree with you. It is one thing to claim Michael Jackson is alive and to have people think you're bonkers, but when you add Elvis into it, who has been gone for so long, it begins to look ridiculous. No matter what the truth may be, perhaps it's best to start with the simple stuff, only relating to Mike, and then gradually draw them into the whole Elvis thing, and maybe then we'll have some new beLIEvers :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal