trublu

Quote from: "Empathy"

Back to Basics, just because Janet is Michaels sister does not excuse  her for wearing fur. There is absolutely no need to wear fur, we dont need it with so much choice of fabric flowing out over the paris shelves and elsewhere and frankly fur is a vanity object to create the image of 'luxury'.

Empathy : you said everything I wanted to say in this post and so eloquently. I am glad there are people like you in the world  :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

I am sorry but anybody that wears something that had a face has no morals

Janet Jackson should be ashames of herself I am sorry to say that as I admire her but what the hell has she done this for
It is wrong to wear fur it was grown for the owner to wear not some rich thoughtless person who ever you are.

Some body offered me a second hand mink i was disgusted to think they thought i would even touch it.

This is a bad move janet please dont do this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweet1

Quote from: "mumof3"
I am sorry but anybody that wears something that had a face has no morals

Janet Jackson should be ashames of herself I am sorry to say that as I admire her but what the hell has she done this for
It is wrong to wear fur it was grown for the owner to wear not some rich thoughtless person who ever you are.

Some body offered me a second hand mink i was disgusted to think they thought i would even touch it.

This is a bad move janet please dont do this.

I understand completely how you feel. I have never worn fur either and have no desire to do so. Unfortunately, in the scheme of things I am afraid Janet isn't concerned about the public opinion of PETA and society. It's about the millions she will get for dawning her face on top magazine covers in September wearing fur. Sorry guys! money is what moves alot of the wealthy ( their are exceptions) not morals. Keep the Faith!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

wonder how this might relate to the hoax? :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

I think it's really sad that all some people can come up with is calling PETA hypocrites. Who cares about their dirt? When they say wearing fur is wrong, they're right, and that's the point.

Janet has disappointed me so much ever since June 25 last year, I'm starting to lose all respect I had left for her. Nobody can be that ignorant when it comes to the cruelty involved in the fur business. F you, Janet.

Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
Don't get me wrong I love animals

but humans have dominion over animals, to make use of them...

I hope I don't offend  8-)

..minks look like rats and I don't thinks rats are cute, but people have been wearing animals since the beginning of time :ugeek: ... and if it's such a big deal, why don't they go after race horses, or dogs that pull sleighs over ice, or police dogs, or go to the towns of the world where wild animals are out of control and try to tame them? I see nothing wrong with breeding mink  (as long as they put the minks to sleep in a peaceful way :geek: )

now if peta would protect CHILDREN the way they "protect" animals, this world would be a much better place

but IMO they are an animal protection advertising agency...

Oh dear, would you prefer being skinned alive as a person, child or animal? Do you think it's any less painful for an animal to be killed?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

I live near a fur-farm where little minks and other animals are raised in tiny cages and then slaughtered. I wish Janet and other fur-wearing people could come and see how they live and how they die; it's very sad and heart breaking, and all I will say is it's not painless or humane. I hope Janet changes her mind about this, and backs out of the whole deal. Maybe she'll even consider going on the animals' side, hey she'll still get lots of attention  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Empathy"
Quote from: "ER911"
Quote from: "trublu"
ANY animal cruelty, whether it be for skinning animals for fashion purposes or mistreating animals is WRONG and sick. Sorry guys but I feel really strongly about this.

I totally agree

You are the 'beautiful' people.

Heres someone who loves animals too.

Lovely picture Empathy and it perfectly suits this thread  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

I am shocked that janet has done this nd i wonder why she must know people are going to so upset with her what is wrong with her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This shows that the animals raised on fur farms are no better off (or maybe even worse off) than those being hunted down or trapped. In other words, there is no humane way and it is totally barbaric to wear fur no matter how you look at it. This article is NOT by PETA - just wanted to show there are other people against fur (of course).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is just part of the article:

Not Old McDonald’s Farm

On fur farms, animals such as foxes, mink, ferrets, and sables (an animal in the weasel family) spend their entire lives stacked on top of one other in barren cages with nothing beneath their feet but wire mesh. Those in the topmost cages are marginally more fortunate; they do not have feces falling into their food and water from animals imprisoned above. In many cases, multiple animals are forced to share a single, tiny cage. They may have no protection from wind, rain, or snow, save a roof on an “open” shed.

Studies have shown that as many as 85 percent of the animals confined in these facilities develop behavioral abnormalities such as rocking, head-bobbing, and self-mutilation due to boredom, anxiety, and the inability to meet their instinctual needs. A mink who, in the wild, would forage and roam for miles, might spend her days frantically pacing her cage, stopping only to bite repeatedly at her own tail.

Fur farms inflict such terrible psychological trauma on animals that in one study of vixen (female foxes), half of the kit loss that occurred prior to weaning was attributed to infanticidal behaviors, primarily mothers eating their young. Such behavior rarely occurs in wild populations. Diseases harbored in filthy pens and disorders caused by genetic manipulation are also seen in animals on fur farms.

If life on a fur farm is cruel, death there is equally so. After suffering through years of confinement, animals are killed and skinned for their pelts. Killing methods are typically cheap, crude, and performed in such a way so as not to damage the animal’s fur; there is no such thing as humane “euthanasia” on a fur farm.

On U.S. fur farms, one of the most frequently used methods of killing animals is electrocution: the “farmer” puts a metal clamp in an animal’s mouth, a metal rod in the anus, and sends a high-voltage current surging through the body. Sometimes the power surge forces the rod out of the anus, so the procedure must be repeated to kill the animal. Other commonly-employed techniques include homemade gas chambers, such as a box hooked up to a tractor exhaust pipe; lethal injection of various chemicals that kill through paralysis, which can result in immobilized animals being skinned alive; and neck breaking.

More than 36 million animals die on fur farms around the world each year. Thirty-one million (or about 90 percent) of these animals are mink. Foxes account for another 4.5 million, while chinchillas, sable, ferret (usually marketed as “fitch”), coypus (an aquatic mammal also known as “nutria”), and raccoon dogs (not to be confused with the North American raccoon), account for most of the remaining half-million animals. Due to the recent drop in pelt prices for mink and fox, some of U.S. fur farms have attempted to “diversify” by raising bobcat, coyote, raccoon, and beavers, along with coypus and rabbits — all in equally abhorrent conditions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweet1

Quote from: "mumof3"
I am shocked that janet has done this nd i wonder why she must know people are going to so upset with her what is wrong with her.

I'll say it again! Money! Money! Money! Money! :Keep the Faith! :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

having dominion over something or someone does imply a resposibilty to it. neither extreeme is the obvious best choice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

*Mo*

After going through this thread I have just one simple question:

How many of you who replied about animal cruelty are vegetarians or vegans..?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ROFL

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
wonder how this might relate to the hoax? :?

L.O.V.E .. making the world a better place ... etc..etc...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If they could love like you and me, imagine what the world could be.

ROFL

I'm a vegetarian ,but I understand people that eat meat , but I would never understand people that wear fur ..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If they could love like you and me, imagine what the world could be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal