I'll start it off with the first one I can remember:

1) Jermaine's Tribute in Vienna

Please add to this list to see what number we end up with....with this morning's TMZ article about Katherine & The Kids cancelling plans to be at FL on June 25th, it feels to me like at least...SEVEN?
Let's see if I'm right....this is just a thought....but I am curious to see an entire list of cancellations, aren't you?

Please add to this list and see what we come up with! Maybe we'll see a clue within the completed list....who knows? Worth a shot!

Peace!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

1. Rome tribute
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks, samsuperb....that's 3 so far:

1) Vienna Tribute
2) Rome Tribute
3) Katherine/Kids @ FL on Anniversary

Next?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Oh yes...wasn't there to be something in Gary on Michael's birthday weekend in August? I'm not sure if that is still on, but the press conference to announce it was cancelled by Katherine Jackson!

That's 4!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the FANVENTION?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yes, that's what they were calling the event in Gary over Michael's birthday weekend in late August! Does anyone know if that is still scheduled? I know that Katherine cancelled the press conference to announce it, for sure....but never did hear if the actual event was still on deck.

I SWEAR there was another tribute planned that has been cancelled...just can't seem to recall when and where....of course, the biggest cancellation of all was the Motherlode that started it all...the O2 concert series!

And wasn't there supposed to be something in Africa too? Anyone?

To me, it just feels like The Family, or certain members of The Family, keep scheduling things and then cancelling them....to me, it all fits in PERFECTLY with The Hoax! Just like the Trial of CM....postponements, continuances, hearings that are ostensibly supposed to be for one thing but end up emphasizing something else....like last week, June 14th....I'm still not sure what happened there...but it seemed like the most important element to come out of it was that CM's California Medical License was not suspended rather than it being a preliminary hearing that would move us forward to a criminal trial of CM and his involvement in the "Death of MJ"....

And that's just fine! Because, in my opinion, the longer that certain events get postponed...CM's trial...Tributes to Michael...things that would truly indicate that Michael really was dead....the more likely that he isn't really dead and that the BAM is coming!
"Sizzling....I'm sizzling!"
- Michael Jackson

:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

London Tribute has also been cancelled, i have heard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OK, guys, did you consider that there are legal questions which might have prevented a lot of things:

1. The brand "Michael Jackson" belongs to the estate; the family is not allowed to use his name - commercialwise - without consent of the executors. Therefore: If family or fans acted alone to organize tributes, the estate might have intervened for copyright infringement (this is not to be underestimated since huge amounts of money are on stake). As far as I know there might be some exeptions: because of some old business deals (Dieter Wiesner!) the brand in Germany (and France as well?) belongs to someone else. But be sure the estate will do anything to get (buy) it back.

2. Same is with publishing rights (now sold to Sony). Therefore: no commercial use of his songs and music (even sung by other artists) without Sony`s consent. That means, organisors would have to pay for it (won`t be cheap) - and Sony might be weary to do that as well (overexposure would be deadly for the business to come). The same is true for all video and audio footage (the germans and other europeans among us know how Sony acts on youbtube).

3. All the (reconstruction?) work that is going on at Sycamore (former Neverland) Ranch might be done to (re-) open it to the fans (Graceland II) - and it wouldn`t be complete without Michael`s gravesite there. So maybe Forest Lawn is not his final resting place, therefore no name on it (the "authorized" german biographer Künzel mentioned this before).

All I can say is that MJ is a "marketing subject" right now ... and you bet, a lot of legal stuff is still be going on behind the curtain. This is business, big time.

Having said this, it won`t necessarily mean that Michael indeed died. He / they buried the "King of Pop", the name, the trade mark, the brand. Who says that not the person himself chose it that way?

Sorry ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E.  Aintnosunshine[/size]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
London Tribute has also been cancelled, i have heard.
*********************************************************************************************
Thanks, DancingTheDream! EXACTLY! Just as I thought! These are really starting to add up:

1) The Original O2 Concerts/Summer 2009....Originally postponed to a later date in July before Michael's "Death" on June 25th and obviously, all were then cancelled, which started a string of new cancellations, the first of which was:

2) Jermaine's Vienna Tribute/Sept 2009 (if memory serves)

3) Rome Tribute/June 2010

4) London Tribute (don't know date)

5) Fanvention Aug. 2010 (is this actually cancelled? Anyone know?)

And again, I seem to recall something about Africa? Anyone?

SEE HOW CLOSE TO SEVEN WE ARE GETTING?

And we could even throw onto this list the Burial itself in Sept 2009...several cancellations there, which drove everybody crazy at the time!

Do you see The Sizzle?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

see michael in the coffin, cancel!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Idéalo"
see michael in the coffin, cancel!

What you mean?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
OK, guys, did you consider that there are legal questions which might have prevented a lot of things:

1. The brand "Michael Jackson" belongs to the estate; the family is not allowed to use his name - commercialwise - without consent of the executors. Therefore: If family or fans acted alone to organize tributes, the estate might have intervened for copyright infringement (this is not to be underestimated since huge amounts of money are on stake). As far as I know there might be some exeptions: because of some old business deals (Dieter Wiesner!) the brand in Germany (and France as well?) belongs to someone else. But be sure the estate will do anything to get (buy) it back.

2. Same is with publishing rights (now sold to Sony). Therefore: no commercial use of his songs and music (even sung by other artists) without Sony`s consent. That means, organisors would have to pay for it (won`t be cheap) - and Sony might be weary to do that as well (overexposure would be deadly for the business to come). The same is true for all video and audio footage (the germans and other europeans among us know how Sony acts on youbtube).

3. All the (reconstruction?) work that is going on at Sycamore (former Neverland) Ranch might be done to (re-) open it to the fans (Graceland II) - and it wouldn`t be complete without Michael`s gravesite there. So maybe Forest Lawn is not his final resting place, therefore no name on it (the "authorized" german biographer Künzel mentioned this before).

All I can say is that MJ is a "marketing subject" right now ... and you bet, a lot of legal stuff is still be going on behind the curtain. This is business, big time.

Having said this, it won`t necessarily mean that Michael indeed died. He / they buried the "King of Pop", the name, the trade mark, the brand. Who says that not the person himself chose it that way?

Sorry ...
************************************************************************************************
I see what you're saying, aintnosunshine, but that doesn't explain to me why The Family (who certainly MUST BE AWARE of all you are saying regarding the Estate, the Executors, Sony, etc. if WE are) keeps setting up these Tributes in the first place! And that's because It's a stalling tactic, in my opinion....and completely part of The Hoax...all of it perfectly crafted and directed by Mike to keep The Sizzle going until The Bam....remember PATIENCE?...My God, he's even thrown that word into the mix as a NAME as a major clue to those looking for them....and now I'm beginning to believe that all these running themes we are seeing in the entertainment industry might just be part of it too!

Everywhere, and in more than one Medium (TV/Movies/Commercials/Live Shows), we see:

Sunflowers!
Butterflies!
Yellow Cabs!
White Rabbits!
Characters Named Jackson!
Little Green Men!
Peace Symbols!
L.O.V.E!

So let me just ask you all this? Have you ever noticed how many famous people Michael knew? How many famous people he had his picture taken with during the course of his 40 years in Show Business? The variety of people? The ages of people? I mean, for God's Sake, RED SKELTON was at the "IN THE CLOSET" VIDEO SHOOT! WHAT? ????????????

THE MAN KNEW VIRTUALLY EVERYBODY IN HOLLYWOOD FOR YEARS!!! HE HAD DEEP CONNECTIONS AND WAS UNIVERSALLY LOVED BY ALL....with the exception of maybe effing CHRIS ROCK & JAY LENO....and of course, THE BLOODTHIRSTY MEDIA! Go ahead! Let that rumble around in your minds for a few minutes!

Remember a little group called The Beatle's? They inspired Michael....particularly John Lennon....
"I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS!"
Great lyric, huh?

:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* Report this post

Re: Cancellations: How Many Have There Been? A List!

New postby scorpionchik » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Idéalo wrote:see michael in the coffin, cancel!

What you mean?

the public can see the body of michael jackson neverland to, canceled
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions