pepper

Re: HOLD MY HAND
November 16, 2010, 10:13:07 AM
Interesting - from Michael Bearden's Fan Page on Facebook-

Bearden writes "i totally endorse this song as MJ told me about it before he left us and we were actually going to use this song in the film.."

MJ told me about it before he LEFT us and we were actually going to use this song in the FILM..  

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Member initials K.M.)OMG!!! Bearden 4 ONCE I have an actual question about your field of expertise. LOL. I was waiting for the right question. Okay. I just read an article about two men who stated that MJ recorded his song with Akon in Las Vegas and that Akon returned to that studio to finish it. Okay explain that process to me. Because I... remember that MJ (during a deposition-smh) stated that the tracks are sometimes locked in a vault (at the studio I am assuming). Why are tracks left at the studio and why do you have to return to the same studio to finish the track. Or do u not have to. See I know NOTHING bout recording a song obviously. I need some edumacation. Explain how the process works and how the tracks are laid down and the different mixes and layers and/or dimensions of the song and /or recording process. Thanks in advance.
10 hours ago ·
----------------------------
   Michael Bearden's Reply

Michael Bearden's Fan Page
            akon was in Vegas working..MJ loved to visit that city..MJ liked Akon a lot so they decided to collaborate..they started work on this track and then MJ came back to LA to start work on TII with the intention to finish his record while worki...ng on the tour..he had plans on releasing new material while selling out the O2 every night.. he was a man on a mission i tell you.. we had so many plans for you guys your heads would have exploded..in a good way! the tracks are stored in several location just in case anything happens to on hard drive you have a back up of the song..don't want to lose any magic to a hard drive being deleted.. Akon probably figure he should go back to the place in which the song was started to complete it..i totally endorse this song as MJ told me about it before he left us and we were actually going to use this song in the film..m~
            8 hours ago ·

-----------------
 (Member K.M.) wow. Thank u so very much Bearden for sharing that. I really really love how Akon finished the song. I can feel the love in the song in the way it was recorded, produced and finished. As I stated earlier, I fell in love with the leaked version but the finished one is the icing on the cake. Have a great one Bearden. :-)
            3 hours ago ·
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 02:02:47 PM
Quote from: "mjjamm"
Billie Jean is not my lover

I heard differently.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 02:57:07 PM
akon was in Vegas working..MJ loved to visit that city..MJ liked Akon a lot so they decided to collaborate..they started work on this track and then MJ came back to LA to start work on TII with the intention to finish his record while worki...ng on the tour..he had plans on releasing new material while selling out the O2 every night.. he was a man on a mission i tell you.. we had so many plans for you guys your heads would have exploded..in a good way!

This statement caught me questioning something.  He said he had plans on releasing new material while selling out the 02 every night?  In my opinion, this implies that MJ knew he had to do more than 10 concerts and that they were gearing up for 50 concerts plus as well as releasing album material.   So when exactly did they start collaborating in Vegas?  To me MJ was working on this album prior to the actual "rehearsals" and producing and directing This is It.  What confuses me a little is why was Michael doing two big projects at once?  Producing, writing an album and also producing and directing This is It?  Maybe the album was almost done but MJ was always very  meticulous about his final product.  It just seems like alot of stuff was going on prior to this "death".  So many plans, how many plans?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 16, 2010, 07:31:52 PM
Quote from: "speechless777"
He definitely says "Alright" (IMO)

BUT did anyone else notice that the joined hands in the picture to go along with song are in the shape of a human heart?! Kind of makes you think of a beating heart... ie an ALIVE person... Just a thought  ;)
Yes, I noticed  :)  and just wanted to show you guys a photo for comparison. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a heart  :)
First the form of the joined hands looked only interesting to me, so I was sure it means something. Then I got it. A human heart. But I think it's upside-down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

November 16, 2010, 10:33:08 PM
Ehhh, I agree the cut out in the clasped hands seems to be indicative of a hidden shape of some sort, and I've been starring at it too, but the human heart seems a little far of a reach. It's not very obviously that, even upon comparison, and the way these "optical illusions" have worked in the past, once you are told what it is, it's quite obviously that thing.

I mean, I see what you mean, and yes I see some similarity to the illustration too, but not enough to make you sit up and go, omg yes that's it. So let's hang onto that and see, did anyone else come up with what that clasped hands with the cut out might be?

Because it doesn't seem that cut out of light should be there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Andrea

November 16, 2010, 10:43:53 PM
It looks like the arms and the bodies make the letter "M"...also the arms themselves shape in an upside-down pyramid.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

November 17, 2010, 04:14:10 AM
Quote from: "Andrea"
It looks like the arms and the bodies make the letter "M"...also the arms themselves shape in an upside-down pyramid.

That's all I got from it as well. But there must be more. There is light behind the hands and there is a small circle formed with the fingers. That might mean something as well, or maybe I want to look too much into it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 09:35:09 AM
Quote from: "bec"
Ehhh, I agree the cut out in the clasped hands seems to be indicative of a hidden shape of some sort, and I've been starring at it too, but the human heart seems a little far of a reach. It's not very obviously that, even upon comparison, and the way these "optical illusions" have worked in the past, once you are told what it is, it's quite obviously that thing.

I mean, I see what you mean, and yes I see some similarity to the illustration too, but not enough to make you sit up and go, omg yes that's it. So let's hang onto that and see, did anyone else come up with what that clasped hands with the cut out might be?

Because it doesn't seem that cut out of light should be there.
Yes, I don't find it THAT similar to a heart either, this was just a feeling during I watched it and tried to figure out what it means. I didn't even know that that cut out can be also seen in an anatomy photo of a heart until I checked it. And then I saw that it's only similar if it's upside down, so... idk. Maybe I'm wrong.

But the heart as a symbol would just fit for me to this song. When I hear this song I think of Michael's "I Have This Dream" - when he encourages people to hold each other's hands.

"I would like all of you now to take the hand of the person to the left and to the right of you. Go ahead. Right now, I mean it. Don't be shy. Do it, because it starts now. ... Now tell the person next to you that you care for them, tell them that you LOVE them. Tell them that you LOVE them! This is what makes the difference. Together we can make a change to the world, together we can help to stop racism, together we can help to stop prejudice, we can help the world live without fear, it is our only hope. Without hope we are lost. Thank you all!

HEART symbolises LOVE, this is why I think it's possible that the form of the hands shows a heart for us, telling that LOVE is the most important thing.

You can listen to Michael's speech here:

(I cannot copy-paste videos here - it doesn't work with my computer. Sorry.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

November 17, 2010, 11:34:58 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

That's all I got from it as well. But there must be more. There is light behind the hands and there is a small circle formed with the fingers. That might mean something as well, or maybe I want to look too much into it.

The upside-down pyramid could also be a "V".  So an "M" and a "V".   Vendetta, vengeance, victory, peace symbol...?  It's possible we're looking too much into but something tells me we're supposed to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
November 17, 2010, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

The upside-down pyramid could also be a "V".  So an "M" and a "V".   Vendetta, vengeance, victory, peace symbol...?  It's possible we're looking too much into but something tells me we're supposed to.

Well, but then the same could be said of the Liberian Girl photo/single cover at the burial...did we look too much into that?  :?

They could have played this cover art any number of ways...there are so many versions of "holding hands". Nah!....the way they did it was very intentional. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjjammTopic starter

November 17, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
On Three everyone...ONE TWO,,,
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

November 17, 2010, 06:27:00 PM
Article about Akon's opinion regarding the album tracks, interesting that he is talking at times about Michael in the present tense.

Akon Weighs In On New Michael Jackson Tracks
Their collaboration, 'Hold My Hand,' was 'preapproved,' Akon tells MTV News about Michael track.

There has been much debate over the release of new music by Michael Jackson, set for release on his album Michael, due out December 14. Some fans and some of Jackson's collaborators, such as will.i.am, have spoken out about the release of the tracks, many of which were finished after Jackson's death. It's an argument that Akon, who worked with Jackson on the song "Hold My Hand," understands.

"Michael Jackson's new album and the new releases, of course, there's been comments about whether or not [it] should actually be released or whether it would reflect his true authenticity, but naturally because of the fact he's not here to see it through, it definitely wouldn't reflect what he had in mind for it because there's other minds working for him," Akon told MTV News about the tracks. "But I think at the end of the day, we have two choices: We can put out the little that we do have to hold onto, or we can just never ever put it out again. ... The material that he did have that was finished, he would have loved to put it out.

"[The songs] were created by him, now whether or not they were finished by him is a different story," he added. "And that's just a collective effort of all of us. It's a double-edged sword."

Akon points out that one of those finished tracks is "Hold My Hand," making the argument that his contribution to the album is Jackson-approved.

"If he was here today, I think he would definitely approve of 'Hold My Hand,' because it was already preapproved," he said. "But the rest of the songs, I'm not quite sure how far those songs went 'cause Michael's a perfectionist. He wouldn't let anything go unfinished. Me knowing him from my standpoint of viewing him, I'm not quite sure, because he won't stop; he will go and go until there's not one doubt left in his mind that this record is perfect.

"So, I hope he would [have approved of the album], then again, you never know. He's the only one that can answer that question."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

November 17, 2010, 08:29:53 PM
I noticed the "M" right away but didn't twig on to the heart shape of the hands until you all said it.  And I love the song.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 18, 2010, 03:09:43 AM
I can clearly hear "alive" with headphones. This is also not on Youtube. And the time is 3.31 = 7. Mike, we hold your hand. Forever.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions