The Sun once again proves to be tabloid trash

• 6 Replies

Offline voiceforthesilent

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Grrr....so what do we need to do as Michael's Army of L.O.V.E. to stand up against this injustice? Email address, etc. would be great if you have them please.

Thank you for sharing this information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Grrr....so what do we need to do as Michael's Army of L.O.V.E. to stand up against this injustice? Email address, etc. would be great if you have them please.

Jenna Sloan  

Feature Writer  | T: +44 (0)20 7782 4370

Jenna.Sloan@the-sun.co.uk

Ok - so just like we did with the Jason Pfeiffer ordeal we also need to do now. Let's voice our disappointment in the slanted, twisted and blatant change of tone they took the article from its original text to finished product. If there are a million hits a day on this site then that is a great army of people (even if there are some of us who log on several times a day). Let's stand up against these people that so willingly print these distasteful stories. Blessings.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Jenna Sloan  

Feature Writer  | T: +44 (0)20 7782 4370

Jenna.Sloan@the-sun.co.uk

Here's my little letter to Miss Jenna. Grrr...

I'm shocked and dismayed at the article I just read regarding Michael Jackson. I can't believe my eyes - tell me it isn't so! He's posing as a burn victim when he's supposed to be dead? OH MY GOD! I have to tell my friends...NOT.

Truth is - if you had done your research you'd know that it's believed that Michael posed ONE TIME on LKL.  He's not just walking around as Dave Dave on a daily basis. Dave Dave is a real human being and what you have just done is to bring more attention to a man that is trying to live a normal life. A man that witnessed firsthand the pain that tabloids like you caused in Michael's life. Now you are doing it to him. You did this by distorting the truth. Yes, distorting the truth. Read the facts before you get finger happy on the computer. Shame on you.

The sad truth is that your article is tasteless and disgusting. Why, do you ask? Because like so many other tasteless and disgusting media outlets you embellish the truth, if not totally twist it, to create the drama you are seeking in order to draw in the readers.

If you had taken the time to read up on the facts that are the basis for believing Michael is alive, you'd see that there is just as much, or more, evidence to support Michael being alive as he is dead. If you'd taken the time to do your research properly you would have left out the attorney's comment at the end because you would have known that a huge amount of people that believe Michael is alive were not avid fans before June 25, 2009 nor are they the type of people to follow sensationalism. These are people who witnessed strange events on June 25, 2009 and the days that followed and couldn't turn their back on the truth that was staring them in the face. No, not the reports that the media was splashing all over the news. The events, time lines, and even words from those close to Michael that did not add up to a death on June 25th.

The truth is, those who were not fans before June 25th have become fans since and it has nothing to do with the media portraying Michael in the manner he deserves, because they don't.

It's because of tabloids like you that people are no longer duped into believing your ridiculous stories and following after every word as though it came from God.

Let me tell you a secret. Truth sells. Try writing a little truth and see how much bigger your audience grows and how much more respect you will gain. Try learning who Michael Jackson really is instead of what the media portrays him to be. They are two totally different people. Thank you.

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Quote from: "jenwren20"
i'm so unbelievably angry about this. :evil:
And i'm ESPECIALLY angry that other so-called "news" services have picked the sun's article up and ran with it, like you say souza " snowball journalism".
This is just like how the story of MJ's "death" was spread.
Also, the same way Jeff Goldblum was reported "to have died" on the news the same day before FACTS had been checked.
Really, we shouldn't expect anything less from them, which is really SAD.

I don't want to stick up for the "journalist" from the sun, but what if she really submitted one story and it got edited as something else?

If she did she is welcome to respond to someone's email with that information. I don't believe she will. Maybe a good will come from this as people will view the information out of curiosity and learn the whole truth and nothing but the truth instead of the distorted truth.

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Quote from: "LovetheGlove"
I need to say that I work as a freelance writer and all the information that I collect does not end up in an article.  The writer has a specific topic that he or she writes about and they collect as much information as they can. Even within one topic, everything cannot be covered.  Often, edits are made at the last minute to keep an article at a certain word count.  It may not even be done by the author, but the editor.

They also have to decide what is going to sell-remember it's a business. The story about Dave Dave moves people and it does show MJ in a very wonderful light.  He was touched by this horrific story and befriended this boy who was betrayed by his father.

I don't read The Sun or any other tabloids so I don't know much about them specifically, but I am just giving you a writer's perspective.

Peace/Love/Hoax/Michael

LovetheGlove

I can understand your point but the truth can't be ignored that this writer totally distorted the information that was given to her. She was even given the word count that was needed so it shouldn't have had to be reduced much, if any. Yes, there was a smidgen of positive but it will be overshadowed by the joke that the Sun made this story out to be. It reminds me of Kurt Warner, retired NFL quarterback. He is very religious and makes sure in every interview to thank God in a place in the interview where it cannot be edited out because he knows they will do it if given the opportunity. He doesn't give them that opportunity. Neither should these writers. They can create stories in such a way that even when edited it will be portrayed in the proper light. I appreciate that there are writers like yourself that understand what Michael is all about. L.O.V.E.

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies
Quote from: "jenwren20"
guys, just to let you know i have emailed ninemsn which is a "news" site in Australia to complain about their posting and version of this story.

"Please feel free to check into stories before posting on your website as "fact" instead of ripping headlines from untrustworthy sources.
Although your track record isn't exactly great, is it?
Remember Richard Wilkin's announcement on the morning of MJ's "death" that actor Jeff Goldblum had tragically been killed in NZ???
Hmmmmmm......
If you would care to check this story further, please visit the website http://michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/ and see the original article as it was emailed to the "journalist" at The Sun and compare to the article that actually transpired.
This kind of snowball journalism has gone on for long enough and will no longer be tolerated by the general public."

Hopefully i wont be the only one, maybe the message will get through to someone.......

BRAVO!!!! Together we CAN make a difference. Do you know what else I love? I love the fact that every letter sent uses proper English, proper spelling, and proper grammar, showing them the true intelligence of readers on this site. Blessings!