mjkateTopic starter

About half way through this article friedman writes that 2 days after mj died "Cascio along with Michael Jackson" filed some paper work  WTH! I can't see Roger making that kind of mis step but I don't him that well.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

That's weird. :shock:  interesting!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Februray 6, 2010- 1st day on MJHD!!

mjkateTopic starter

The newly discovered Michael Jackson album I told you about –exclusively–yesterday may pose some legal problems.
The album was recorded by Michael in the fall of 2007 with Eddie Cascio at his home in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. No one knew about it until earlier this year. Cascio, 28, is the second oldest son of longtime Jackson friends Dominick and Connie Cascio, Michael’s surrogate family.
Yesterday I wondered in this space if Michael’s recordings with Cascio would be covered by his estate’s recent $200 million deal with Sony. I thought maybe not, since no one knew about the tracks at the time of the deal.
But things could get sticky between the Jackson estate and Cascio. I am told that Cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles, Don Passman. And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means. There’s no word on whether Jackson–who used to put his “M” signature on anything in front of him–signed a piece of paper with Cascio.
There will be some tough questioning by the estate over who wrote the songs Cascio recorded, and whether Michael was their author or co-author. I’m told that may be “covered” as well by copyright registrations.
Indeed, two days after Jackson died–on June 27, 2009–Cascio filed a copyright claim along with Michael Jackson and another songwriter for something called “MJ Songbook.” The filing is just for lyrics. An earlier filing. from March 2008, is labeled “JPEC Collection.” The song titles in each collection are not specified in the Library of Congress’s database, but it’s possible that Cascio updated his 2008 filing after Jackson died to reflect the superstar’s contribution to  material Cascio had already written–and wisely registered.
What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest.
Meanwhile, executor John McClain–who’s had health problems– is going through some 60 other unreleased tracks, selecting what he thinks are the best ones for a Jackson album to be released this fall by Sony.
McClain is not considered a Clive Davis, really, in the business. But he helped Janet Jackson, whom he grew up with, start her career at A&M Records. And he briefly co-managed Michael in the early Nineties with Trudy Green. McClain, unlike Jackson intimates Frank DiLeo and John Branca, has so far not heard the Cascio tapes, I am told.
“He’s resisting it,” says a source, while he’s busy sorting through those 60 tracks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Good catch! You would thingk that the text would have been...Frank Cascio, on behalf of Michael Jackson, filed some paperwork.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WOW!  That is a rather blatant statement. At first I thought the bit about MJ filing "two days after he died" may be a typo but they follow it with the date "June 27, 2009". There is no way the author or editor would both overlook the obvious error. Hmmmmmm..........nice clue!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote from: "mjkate"
The newly discovered Michael Jackson album I told you about –exclusively–yesterday may pose some legal problems.
The album was recorded by Michael in the fall of 2007 with Eddie Cascio at his home in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. No one knew about it until earlier this year. Cascio, 28, is the second oldest son of longtime Jackson friends Dominick and Connie Cascio, Michael’s surrogate family.
Yesterday I wondered in this space if Michael’s recordings with Cascio would be covered by his estate’s recent $200 million deal with Sony. I thought maybe not, since no one knew about the tracks at the time of the deal.
But things could get sticky between the Jackson estate and Cascio. I am told that Cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles, Don Passman. And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means. There’s no word on whether Jackson–who used to put his “M” signature on anything in front of him–signed a piece of paper with Cascio.
There will be some tough questioning by the estate over who wrote the songs Cascio recorded, and whether Michael was their author or co-author. I’m told that may be “covered” as well by copyright registrations.
Indeed, two days after Jackson died–on June 27, 2009–Cascio filed a copyright claim along with Michael Jackson and another songwriter for something called “MJ Songbook.” The filing is just for lyrics. An earlier filing. from March 2008, is labeled “JPEC Collection.” The song titles in each collection are not specified in the Library of Congress’s database, but it’s possible that Cascio updated his 2008 filing after Jackson died to reflect the superstar’s contribution to  material Cascio had already written–and wisely registered.
What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest.
Meanwhile, executor John McClain–who’s had health problems– is going through some 60 other unreleased tracks, selecting what he thinks are the best ones for a Jackson album to be released this fall by Sony.
McClain is not considered a Clive Davis, really, in the business. But he helped Janet Jackson, whom he grew up with, start her career at A&M Records. And he briefly co-managed Michael in the early Nineties with Trudy Green. McClain, unlike Jackson intimates Frank DiLeo and John Branca, has so far not heard the Cascio tapes, I am told.
“He’s resisting it,” says a source, while he’s busy sorting through those 60 tracks.

Who has heard these tracks. Is there anyway any of us can listen to them???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

Jennie

Someone  should contact the editor of this column to find out about the date, where his info came from. I cant believe he would be that "DAA" to have made such a mistake I mean who on this planet dont know MJ "died" june 25th? :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

I am sure they are going to try to just say that it was implied that Michael's name was used but there are so many other ways they could have stated it. The fact is for a columnist who writes and daily column and has for years and who has an editor to catch those things, it had to have been written that way on purpose...either to get us talking, or to see if anyone noticed, or to plant a little hidden clue that would be able to be easily retracted if they were called on it etc...Also although I am not a fan of Roger, he seems to always try to convey at least, that he has inside scoop about Michael...ie) he knew where he was in 2007 and what he was doing...I guess he could know a little something now too....I hope he does and that was his little hint!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjkate"
About half way through this article friedman writes that 2 days after mj died "Cascio along with Michael Jackson" filed some paper work  WTH! I can't see Roger making that kind of mis step but I don't him that well.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's true!  I found the information the article refers to in the copyright database several months ago...I will paste it here...and please note, it is NOT JUST LYRICS as the article states, it is full music production, sound recording, etc....

Type of Work:    Sound Recording and Music

Registration Number / Date:    SRu000911714 / 2009-06-27
Application Title:    MJ Song Book 2009 #1.
Title:    MJ Song Book 2009 #1.
Description:    Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant:    Michael Joseph Jackson. Address: Unlisted, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
   James Victor Porte. Address: 105 Camilla Lane, Murfreesboro, TN, 37129, United States.
   Edward Joseph Cascio. Address: 883 Huron Rd, Franklin Lakes, NJ, 07417, United States.
Date of Creation:    2009
Authorship on Application:    Michael Joseph Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
   James Victor Porte; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
   Edward Joseph Cascio; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
Rights and Permissions:    James Porte, Ghost Manor Music, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Names:    Jackson, Michael Joseph
   Porte, James Victor
   Cascio, Edward Joseph
Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:06:54 PM by lovemj4everandever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mjkateTopic starter

Thanks so much and not that I want to be at all glib because I take this seriously but address for MJ says UNLISTED....come on! Darn we almost found out where he was living on June 27th! Seriously though wouldn't "deceased" have been more appropriate if he had really died...unlisted implies he is alive and just doesn't want to disclose his address.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
WOW!  That is a rather blatant statement. At first I thought the bit about MJ filing "two days after he died" may be a typo but they follow it with the date "June 27, 2009". There is no way the author or editor would both overlook the obvious error. Hmmmmmm..........nice clue!!!

MJ is on Top! 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Jennie

Thank you for that very interesting peice of info!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions