From MJFC
Vibrations Magazine : Could you talk about the unreleased songs by the Jackson 5 which are still sleeping in the vaults?
Harry Weinger : (He takes out a CD stack from the drawer: Jackson 5 Rare Number 1, Jackson 5 Rare Number 2, Jackson 5 Live At The Forum) : The Corporation made, with the Jackson 5, a superb cover version of "Mama Told Me Not To Come ", a song which, at that time, was competing with a song by the Jackson 5 for the top of the charts. "Mama Told Me Not To Come" is very touching because it tells the story of kids who are at a party they should not be, and then someone tells them a dirty thing: "We have stolen your keys! You can't go! " And the boys lament: "My mother will kill me, I habe to go home, Mama told me not to come." "Mama Told Me Not To Come" spotted number 1 which was formerly by "The Love You Save" by the J5, hence the idea of them recording a cover version.
I mentioned "If I Can not Nobody Can not" part of the tracks that have filtered from internet before I was in charge. "Would You Would You Baby" which is in the vaults under a different title, "Love Trip", "Making Life A Little Easier For You", another song from The Corporation. There is also a cover of "What's So Good About Goodbye" sung originally by the Miracles.
On our CD I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters there is a song titled "Love Call", for which we also have another version with the same instrumental, but with completely different lyrics, and re-recorded a few months later when Michael's voice was being transformed, which probably explains it was never released. This version is incredible, but we had to make a choice for the CD and our small committee chose the first version of "Love Call".
Next year, maybe we will release an expanded version of the CD and we'll put the second version of "Love Call" for people to compare.
As for the "Live At The Forum", there are two shows, recorded in 1970 and 1972, which are quite different. In 1970, the songs were longer, the group talked between songs, they last night, while in 1972 they had more hits like "Sugar Daddy" or "Mama's Pearl" and Michael sang his own songs, along with Jermaine. [/quote]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Venus

It's great news! I love J5 and this release has nothing to do with sony so I'll by it 100%
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. you all

~Souza~

Live at the Forum?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Live at the Forum?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

good catch!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees, or what? didn't even think that... :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions