Belief
December 07, 2009, 09:03:06 AM
I've seen a lot of goodbye posts, from believers - some on this forum. And no matter how many times I see this, it never makes sense, to me.

My husband is skeptical. Of everything, and to a degree which impairs his critical thinking, ironically. He's seen some of the evidence, and heard more, as I have a tendency to lecture. While he's occasionally shocked by what he sees/hears, and does find it compelling, he's pretty much a fence-rider. He won't be truly convinced by anything short of Michael, himself, in the flesh.
He asked me, the other night, what I would believe, if fifty years passed, and Michael never came back. Without batting an eye, I answered "I would assume he'd lived out his life in privacy. And by then, we would have more information; I don't believe for a second that his kids won't have a respectful, loving, story to tell, one day."

I've seen so much talk of him coming back at Christmas. "Clues," "messages," and just general speculation. How many of you believe that?
How many of you will be crushed, if he does NOT come back, this month? Next month? By Easter? By June 25th, 2010?

It seems like everytime I turn around, some poor member's faith has been torn apart, by a fake "informer," by an article on MJ's death, by the hoax taking too long, by a weird quote from a Jackson, by Stevie Wonder crying. And I just cannot understand how what you know could ever be changed by such small things. Please believe me when I say I'm not being critical. I'm asking you, all of you, do you KNOW Michael Jackson is alive, or not?

I have faith in the continuing judgement, intellect, creativity, cunning, and talent of Michael Jackson. I do not have faith in any hoax theory, or that he is alive. I don't NEED faith, for that. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 I did not hope for Michael Jackson to be alive; I accepted his death, and was then overwhelmed by the evidence that he had not died. True, I cannot "see" him, right now, but I can damn sure see this hoax. The circumstances of his death exhaust all possible coincidence; it would require more "faith" to believe his death, than to believe he is alive.
Nietzsche said "'Faith' means not wanting to know what is true." After all of the inconsistancies, slip-ups, ridiculous stories, and downright lies, do you honestly believe the story of Michael's death is true?

I'm rigid, in my beliefs; it's a quirk of mine. Because of this, I don't believe in much. I'm a hard sell, a continual devil's advocate, and generally just the most infuriating person in the world, in an argument. I require a hell of a lot of proof, to buy into anything.
But once I believe, it's permanent. Hence the reason I don't believe in much.

I believe most of what we've been shown, regarding the death of Michael Jackson, is not true. And, after months of seeking the simplest, most logical paths of explanation, I cannot believe he was murdered, either. The only answer which made sense, was that he is alive.
I know he is alive. It was a sound conclusion, based on an overwhelming amount of data, all pointing to this one answer. It satisfies logic. More importantly, it is a conclusion I arrived at, after having begun coming to terms with his death. I did not need this answer, or any sort of miraculous hope; I fought this conclusion, argued it, tore it apart, and was completely unable to deny it.

Michael Jackson is alive.

There will always be excuses to doubt. Emotional days, the pain of watching those who loved him mourn a death they believe in, the sheer loneliness of a world in which Michael Jackson walks unseen, like a ghost. But I can never become UNconvinced, because the decision is no longer open for debate, at least until I am provided with ANOTHER conclusion that answers logic as well as his being alive. And I mean, it would have to explain every gaping hole in the story of his death, all the way back to the morning of June 25th.
No article, interview, or YouTube clip can do that. And so, I keep knowing what I know. I have examined this conclusion enough; it needs no further testing.

I don't personally expect Michael to come back, at Christmas. Too much is left undone. Not the least of which are his books - both the comic book, and seemingly-autobiographical novel. These are real, bizarrely-prophetic projects which we know are in the pipeline, so I would expect to see them, before Michael. I could be wrong, but I just haven't seen any solid reason to count on a Christmas comeback.
Where Michael's future plans are concerned, the ground is much less solid. We have little more than signs, hints, as to what he may have been planning, before June 25th, and obviously, we can't know what he's up to, now. While it's fascinating to speculate, it would be entirely illogical to hang the validity of the entire hoax, on our ideas about when and how he may come back - these are two seperate questions.

My point is: I see a really sad time coming, for many believers, if you continue to let yourself be blown about by every comment, every interview, every wish or hope that is not quickly granted. Examine the evidence, one more time - all of it - and find your own conclusion, regarding his death. Then, if you are certain, based on your own best judgement, rather than the opinions of others, hold fast to your conclusion. Store it as something you know, not something you believe, or hope in, and do not let yourself be moved, again. It's simply the only way to stay sane, in all this.

And if you need a place to put your faith, put it in Michael. Not in his being alive, but in him being more than the addled, emaciated, puppet some have portrayed him as. Believe in a flawed, imperfect man who is, nonetheless, one of the great geniuses of our time, and burned with a passion to protect those he loved, and make the world better. As well as a man wise enough to see what was at the end of the road, and take steps to seize his destiny, once more.
At the very least, have faith that this voracious reader who obsessively researched whatever crossed his path had enough sense to know that Propofol would not get him a good night's rest.  :roll:

Happy Holidays, everyone. Stay strong. And the same to you as well, Michael.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mattie

Re: Belief
December 07, 2009, 09:58:45 AM
YES..I am with you in this!! :)
Mattie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2009, 03:13:12 PM
Amazing post. You write very succinctly and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I would love to now come out with something highly intelligent but I'm at a loss! :lol:

I usually speed read the long posts, but that reeled me right in. Well done and greta points. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]angelbear.org.uk  [/size][/color](Because we Care) xxx

CC

December 07, 2009, 03:33:55 PM
you are so right about all this... i believe he is alive. i know, i don't know why and how but i feel it!
like... i don't need to see nothing else ... i know it! i feel it! some days i receive a lotr of information and i doubt, but then i have the same feeling... i heard his songs and is alive! the way his breath sounds when he sing a capella... wow! i love that guy!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

December 07, 2009, 03:43:40 PM
You have written a very logical account which is plain to see for many.You have put it all together with your own strength of knowledge. You have stood back to see the bigger picture and it spells "you are safe to believe" I feel exactly the same. I also have a sense of inner knowing and the mountain of evidence and clues back this up and is pretty much unbreakable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2009, 03:52:06 PM
Yes Yes Yes!
U r so right! Oh God, Im so happy to live at the same time with Michael and be a witness of his greatness!!!!

Love love love! Endless love!

K.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The day I will stop loving you, is the day when I close my eyes forever!

December 07, 2009, 04:28:01 PM
Excellent post, nothing to add!.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Won't you just let me be?..."

December 07, 2009, 04:30:21 PM
Very nice post!  I wish I had your optimism, but you've given me some things to think about, so thanks for that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

December 07, 2009, 04:30:40 PM
I think the problem is this:

The proof that these "clues" and "evidences" provide is not that Michael Jackson lives, but simply that the truth is not being told. The idea that he didn't die that day is not the only alternative to this situation. This is why I think it's unhealthy for people to put their heart into the belief that he is in fact alive. It's not a fact. It's a theory. Explore it, but don't let yourself be consumed by it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Doesn\'t it remind you of fish who say they\'re thirsty?"

December 07, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
Quote from: "DarkYetLovely"
I think the problem is this:

The proof that these "clues" and "evidences" provide is not that Michael Jackson lives, but simply that the truth is not being told. The idea that he didn't die that day is not the only alternative to this situation. This is why I think it's unhealthy for people to put their heart into the belief that he is in fact alive. It's not a fact. It's a theory. Explore it, but don't let yourself be consumed by it.

I'm not going to go all through this, as I'm sure we're all, by now, familiar with much of the hoax evidence. And I do mean actual clear signs of a hoax, not the speculation over numerology, hidden messages in old songs, etc.
But, suffice to say, looking at the many, many problems with the official story, I no longer see murder as a realistic scenerio. Unless one believes that the Jacksons killed Michael - after all, the funeral they provided contained some of the most glaring evidence we've seen (and the funniest).

So no, for many reasons, I don't see the evidence pointing to murder. But I DO wholeheartedly agree that one must not become consumed by this. If you believe Michael is alive, trust that he can handle his own business. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2009, 06:19:31 PM
Wow, another amazing post, thank you, itsmagic!

My belief in him being alive is strong as ever, though my thoughts of a possible comeback shifted. Not because of all the predictions which didn’t come true, but mainly because of all the grand projects launched for the near future. Those involve some serious finance and effort and would make no sense if MJ pops up in Santa’s suite to wish all of us a Merry Christmas before all those books, concerts and clothing lines even kick off. I agree with you 100% on money playing significant role in the hoax (from the other post). And I became even more positive after reading that Michael’s parents (not MJ) we going through bankruptcy as far as 10 years ago:

“The couple filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on March 1, 1999, and although their debts were "discharged" on June 13, 2000, there were so many adversarial motions from creditors, there were still filings coming in as of May 22, 2008, according to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com. In their initial petition, the Jacksons listed their assets in the $100,000 - $500,000 range and their estimated debts in the $10 - $50 million range.”
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Despite the news comes from a yellow source, it does look credible as I also read about it on other sites, dated 2002 too.  
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now, I’m not implying he would have done it solely for the money, after all none of us can know the real reason, but that at least explains why the complete Jackson family would work their butts off to cover the hoax and play along the story with smiles upon their faces. They are restoring the dynasty!

And along comes restoring Michael’s reputation and public image as a great performer and humanitarian, clearing him from all the lies and condemnation (with documentaries about the 2005 trial coming up right in the time when public is ready to believe them), people around the world getting to know the “man they never knew” (as the TII’s tagline, but does it address the true fans, did they not know him as humble, shy yet brilliant and genius already? I think the audience being addressed is much wider).

Nowever, I’d be very cautious about HTWF, as I think suing the organization by the Jackson Estate is not the best way to attract attention, however I find it strange that the original HTWF logo is placed in the movie’s closing scene.

“Michael is worth more dead than alive”. When I first heard that from Joe’s mouth I had a bitter taste in mine. But sadly he was right, though he put it rather bluntly. No 50 gigs would make him a greater comeback than ‘death’. If that was the plan, it’s simple and brilliant. Perhaps, and again perhaps, Michael was not a rational spender, but he sure knew how to make money.

I’d like to finish with an excerpt from “Moonwalk”:

I’m a person who is very much in control of his life. I have a team of exceptional people working for me and the do an excellent job of presenting me with the facts that keep me up-to-date on everything that’s going on at MJJ Productions so that I can know the options and make the decisions <…>

I think I have a goody-goody image in the press and I hate that, but it’s hard to fight because I don’t normally talk about myself. I am a shy person. It’s true. I don’t like giving interviews or appearing on talk shows. When Doubleday approached me about doing this book, I was interested in being able to talk about how I feel in a book that would be mine – my words and my voice. I hope it will help clear up some misconceptions.

Everybody has many facets to them and I’m no different. When I’m in public, I often feel shy and reserved. Obviously, I feel differently away from the glare of cameras and staring people. My friends, my close associates, know there’s another Michael that I find it difficult to present in the outlandish “public” situations I often find myself in.

It’s different when I’m onstage, however. When I perform, I lose myself. I’m in total control of that stage. I don’t think about anything. I know what I want to do from the moment I step out there and I love every minute of it. I’m actually relaxed onstage. Totally relaxed. It’s nice. I feel relaxed in a studio too. I know whether something feels right. If it doesn’t, I know how to fix it. Everything has to be in place and if it is you feel good, you feel fulfilled. People used to underestimate my ability as a songwriter. They didn’t think of me as a songwriter, so when I started coming up with songs, they’d look at me like: “Who really wrote that?” I don’t know what they must have thought – that I had someone back in the garage who was writing them for me? But time cleared up those misconceptions. You always have to prove yourself to people and so many of them don’t want to believe. I’ve heard tales of Walt Disney going from studio to studio when he first started out, trying to sell his work unsuccessfully and being turned down. When he was finally given a chance, everyone thought he was the greatest thing that ever happened.

Sometimes when you’re treated unfairly it makes you stronger and more determined. Slavery was a terrible thing, but when black people in America finally got out from under the crushing system they were stronger. They knew what it was to have your spirit crippled by people who are controlling your life. They were never going to let that happen again. I admire that kind of strength. People who have it take a stand and put their blood and soul into what they believe.

I believe performers should try to be strong as an example to their audiences. It’s staggering what a person can do if they only try. If you’re under pressure, play off that pressure and use it to advantage to make whatever you’re doing better. Performers owe it to people to be strong and fair.

Often in the past performers have been tragic figures. A lot of truly great people have suffered or died because of pressure or drugs, especially liquor. It’s so sad. You feel cheated as a fan that you didn’t get to watch them evolve as they grew older. One can’t help but wondering what performances Marilyn Monroe would have put in or what Jimi Hendrix might have done in the 1980s.

That was written back in 1989 by Michael in his late 20’s. With all the life-experience and expertise in business he gained in the following years, I believe him to be twice as wiser in his 50’s. I do believe in Michael.

Sorry for the long post and thank you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

December 07, 2009, 07:00:22 PM
I totally agree with you, itsmagic.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  Actually you said it a lot better than I could have, since English is not my native language.  Well written blog.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

January 01, 2010, 12:27:04 AM
I LOVE you for this post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

January 01, 2010, 01:21:22 AM
What a beautiful post of faith, so well laced with scripture, but the scripture you are using refers to Christ, yet you apply it to Michael Jackson.  Michael was a man, not the Christ.  I truly believe Michael Jackson had exceptional faith in God but I think he himself would be appalled at how many consider him to be equal with God.  Yes, our faith should be in what we know God Himself has put in our spirits; that is the gift of faith, when we "know that we know something", that comes from God, not from the extraordinary talents of Michael Jackson.  Yes, he was extremely talented,  but were'nt those talents  given to him by God Himself?

Yes! Have faith, but place your faith in God.  For it is He himself that has placed the gift of exceptional faith in your heart to be believe that Michael Jackson is alive.  Because on the surface of things, only this miraculous faith will see you through.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 01, 2010, 02:05:51 AM
I actually have some *funny* views about Christ, so that topic leads down a rabbit hole. Suffice to say, I do believe in God, believe God has come down to earth to live life as one of us, and do believe that Jesus Christ was an example of that. There were miracles, God tried to speak to us, AS one of us - in an imperfect form - and we mised the message, like we generally do. Then Christ died, phantomed around a bit, to make his point clear, and then went back to being Himself, aka God. I do not, however, believe all parts/translations of the Christ story, and I absolutely do not believe Christianity is a religion Christ/God would be/is proud of. Again: we (and by that, I mean "all of humanity") missed the point. All of the points. And then made new stuff up. And slaughtered entire cultures in the name of that New Stuff. And so on, and so forth, ad nauseum.

That being said...

I quoted scripture because I tend to remember things I read, and I was once a champeen Bible Driller (weird points, for anyone who knows what that is, heh). I think it was pretty clear that I was not saying Michael is Jesus. Although, I WILL say: I think the life of Michael Jackson gives us an EXCELLENT view on what Christ really might have been like, as well as how he would be treated, today - the parallels are all over the place. Christ may have been the spirit of God made flesh, but he was not perfect, as even the most ludicrously-censored versions of scripture reveal. So, if you imagine what that strange, peaceful, loving, flawed sage might have looked like, surrounding himself with kids and unsavory characters, continually saying and doing controversial things, and never (according to the most popular biblical translations) being seen with a ladyfriend....well...you think Michael had it bad; what do you suppose the media would say, about Christ?

But that is neither here nor there. My point, is that YOUR point, was not the point that I was originally trying to make. Heh.

My
point, was that you do not need faith, to believe Michael Jackson is alive. I quoted the scripture (which actually describes the point and process of faith, not Jesus) to illustrate the difference between faith and knowledge. Faith, is for things your eyes, ears, and logic cannot help you with. In the case of Michael Jackson's death, I have seen little to make me believe he is dead, and a landslide of evidence to prove he is not. That's logic, not faith. ;)

By the way, I also quoted Friedrich Nietzsche, just to balance out the bible. Make of that what you will. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions