MissG

Thanks for sharing your story.
It is very dissapointing that those who wanted to promote scholarships then censored your words and plans.
Looks to me that the only reason was to have a pretty face to spread a message but on their own terms.

Your next stop: Idol or America got talent  ;)  you have an amazing voice and the right values keeping up with your integrity.

Be happy that you did not go on with the project, for what I am reading and perceiving within your actions, you would not have survived the jungle of the beauty contest and all that it represents.

Stay true to yourself, at the end, it is what only matters.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Quote from: "Gema"
It is very dissapointing that those who wanted to promote scholarships then censored your words and plans.
Looks to me that the only reason was to have a pretty face to spread a message but on their own terms.

Your next stop: Idol or America got talent  ;)  you have an amazing voice and the right values keeping up with your integrity.

Be happy that you did not go on with the project, for what I am reading and perceiving within your actions, you would not have survived the jungle of the beauty contest and all that it represents.

Thank you so much Gema! The part I underlined is SO true. It's maddening to be surrounded by so much superficiality, makes me want to scream. Perhaps I do fit the stereotype on the outside, but what is seen is temporary! It should be about the heart, and about helping make a change in the world instead of learning how to conform to it.

Thank you for your support, it means so much!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MJsBabyDoll

Dear Jaci,

You have a wonderful, powerful voice...and I admire you for standing up for what you believe in...I wish you every success in your journey   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJsBabyDoll"
Dear Jaci,

You have a wonderful, powerful voice...and I admire you for standing up for what you believe in...I wish you every success in your journey   :D

Thank you sweetheart!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

MissG

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"

Thank you so much Gema! The part I underlined is SO true. It's maddening to be surrounded by so much superficiality, makes me want to scream. Perhaps I do fit the stereotype on the outside, but what is seen is temporary! It should be about the heart, and about helping make a change in the world instead of learning how to conform to it.

Welcome  :)

It is a now a days phenomenom. Seems like it is not possible to be "pretty" and intelligent, not shallow and caring.
Look at Hollywood, an exception confirming the rule are A.Jolie, but people lost interest on her, or Pam Anderson defending animal rights.

At times is difficult to have the air head aura  :lol:  people don´t take one serious untill one opens the mouth  ;)

If one person is beautiful inside,it will radiate beauty outside  :) and does not matter the looks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Welcome  :)

It is a now a days phenomenom. Seems like it is not possible to be "pretty" and intelligent, not shallow and caring.
Look at Hollywood, an exception confirming the rule are A.Jolie, but people lost interest on her, or Pam Anderson defending animal rights.

At times is difficult to have the air head aura  :lol:  people don´t take one serious untill one opens the mouth  ;)

If one person is beautiful inside,it will radiate beauty outside  :) and does not matter the looks.
I

I couldn't agree more!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi everyone! I've wanted to tell this story but haven't been able to until now (you'll find out why if you keep reading)...

3 days after Michael Jackson's "death", I competed in a local pageant (the local preliminary for the Miss America pageant).

I had been preparing for the pageant for a few months, and when Michael "died' (before I knew it was a hoax) I didn't think I was emotionally stable enough to compete. I was not going to participate, but a little voice inside me told me to stand up and be strong - for Michael. That is what he would have done. I wanted to win the pageant and use my title to inspire change, just as Michael inspired me.

So, I did the pageant. My talent was a vocal performance of "Over the Rainbow", and dedicated it to Michael. If you'd like to watch/listen, here it is. He's been my biggest inspiration as a performer. I learned from him how much one can learn about life from being on stage.

[youtube:2bw0jkih]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW409fN4L5k[/youtube:2bw0jkih]

I ended up winning the pageant. It was a very happy moment for me. My platform issue was "Promoting Family Values" and I set out to use my title to make a difference in my community.

I started giving speeches and interviews and performances around my area. It was so much fun. I felt so blessed to have that kind of opportunity.

As time went on, it got time to start preparing for the next level of competition: the state pageant. I worked hard on my new essay about promoting family values. I used quotes from Michael Jackson and information about his charity as some of my inspiration. I was so happy with my essay, turned it in with confidence and pride...only to get shot down by the board of directors.

I was told that it “didn’t look good” to have anything about Michael Jackson in my essay. I was told that even though he was talented, there is a negative stigma attached to him and I should avoid mentioning him unless strictly talking about singing and dancing.

I was also “encouraged” to literally fabricate many aspects of my resume to “increase my chances of winning”.

I was furious with all of this, to say the least.

I decided right then that I would not compete for the state title, finish my year as the local titleholder, and move on after that. However, the board informed me (pretty sure they didn’t want me anymore after this ordeal) that I either had to run for the state title or give up my current title (even though I had put in more hours and raised more money than any title holder in the recent past).

Long story short, I decided to give up my title.  I was absolutely disgusted with what I learned from participating in that pageant. I was told that I could just “be myself” and make a difference. Yet, when it came down to talking about the things I wanted to talk about, addressing the issues that I felt needed to be addressed, and giving credit where  credit is DAMN WELL DUE, my efforts were put to a halt.

I was unable to speak about this until I had officially handed over the title. Now I want everyone to know.

What does this say about our world, and my COUNTRY especially? I realize now just how stubborn society is when it comes to change.

I can say that I have more pride about giving up the CROWN than I did when I WON the crown. I had a chance at being Miss America, but I walked away from it in the name of Truth and in the name of Love.

I do not want to be a BEAUTY QUEEN (from a movie seen lol). All I want to be is a woman of character and a woman who knows how to think and speak for herself.

Thank you, Michael Jackson, for teaching me that one does not have to be famous to be a star.

Let’s all shine our own light and together, piece by piece, we can eliminate the darkness.

Love,
JaCi

Congratulations on winning the Competition, your singing voice is wonderful, strong and powerful, I am sure it will serve you well in due course and  I am  sure another opportunity  will come for you to shine again.  Loved your dress by the way, isnt it odd that the Wizard of Ozz just keeps being in our lives with your song and dress colour.

I applaud your moral strenth and courage to stand up for your convictions, I am proud of you, and am sure MJ will  be proud of you to.

You have shown great character.

Love to you, well done  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Ijustcantstoplovingu"
Congratulations on winning the Competition, your singing voice is wonderful, strong and powerful, I am sure it will serve you well in due course and  I am  sure another opportunity  will come for you to shine again.  Loved your dress by the way, isnt it odd that the Wizard of Ozz just keeps being in our lives with your song and dress colour.

I applaud your moral strenth and courage to stand up for your convictions, I am proud of you, and am sure MJ will  be proud of you to.

You have shown great character.

Love to you, well done  :D

Thank you so much Ijustcantstoplovingu! I agree it is odd about the Wizard of Oz thing, ESPECIALLY because at the time I didn't know about the hoax, I just loved the song and its always been my favorite movie. It's really interesting to me, knowing what I know now about how the universe works. At the time, I really wanted to pull out of the pageant and not do it at all because I was so heartbroken about  MJ, and I knew I'd have to speak about him because in the interview portion they always ask about your influences (my influences as a singer) and I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT mention Michael. I didn't want to break down and get emotional during that OR during my performance. But the very reason why Michael was my biggest inspiration was the very reason I kept going, it's that he never gave up, he never let heartache stop him from doing what he was meant to do. So I tried to be strong like him. I see now that I was meant to win the title and I was meant to give it up as well. Walking away from it was probably the most defining moment of my life. It's when I realized "hey, I'm in control of my life and nobody else! If anyone is going to stand up for what is right it might as well be me!" And ever since, I've felt a huge shift in my own awareness  as well as my ability to decide for myself instead of trying to make everyone happy. My family was not happy with me at first, but after I explained everything they were very proud. But even if they hadn't been, that would have been okay because I followed MY heart, not theirs, and did the right thing for me and for mankind. I've learned what it means to make decisions for the "greater good" instead of solely for myself, it's very important. In fact, that is what Michael has done with this hoax!

Thanks again everybody, everytime I come to this thread I end up crying. Your love and support is so overwhelming. This forum has been the answer to all my prayers. I don't feel alone in the world anymore because of you all. And I don't feel that I'm being judged based on my appearance like I have my whole life. I think that's where I got the idea in my head to even want to be Miss America, everyone telling me how "pretty" I was and making me feel like I had to rely on my looks to get by in life. So I only tried for those things...Miss America...modeling...it's all really exhausting, feeling like you have to be "pretty" and "put together" every second of every day. My main passion has always been music, but everytime I've tried working with producers, they spend the majority of the time working on my "image" and not the music itself. In fact, one producer put me through at "bootcamp" and said if I didn't do well enough he would make me do it naked.   :shock:  Those are the kinds of things that go on in the music industry...  :( So I've decided that if I never get to make a record, that will be ok. I will always have my voice, and I will always have music, they can't take that away from me. And I'm certain that I will find the right platform to use my gifts, even if on a much smaller scale. I sing to my baby niece, and she just loves it :D To me, that is more precious than any opportunity I could possibly be given. She loves MJ too! Sometimes the only thing that makes her stop crying is turning on MJ music!  :lol: Oh and her first birthday is coming up next week (it's the day after mine!) and I got her a t-shirt that says "Who's BAD?"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

And I don't feel that I'm being judged based on my appearance like I have my whole life. I think that's where I got the idea in my head to even want to be Miss America, everyone telling me how "pretty" I was and making me feel like I had to rely on my looks to get by in life. So I only tried for those things...Miss America...modeling...it's all really exhausting, feeling like you have to be "pretty" and "put together" every second of every day.

I don´t want to lecture you, but i see that you are having an encounter with what is fair or not.

That feeling of yours "making me feel like I had to rely on my looks to get by in life" can be very destructive.
The truth is that by stats nice looking people have more chances than uglier ones depending what their tasks or duties are.

If you focused in being in the "famous" industry, image is a must. That does not mean that you must be treated as a piece of meat.

You got the image, use it! and from there on you will achieve more goals, as spreading a good message as you wanted to do going to schools talking about family values and MJ.

Sounds unfair, but that is the platform. With your looks some doors will easily open and others will be closed just on your nose.

Looks and intelligence is nothing to discriminate people for but there are patterns stablished of "how a person looks outside" and how that reflects in the person´s psyche.

Be pretty and intelligent with good values and be proud of it. Do not neglect your looks or ideas just "to fit in".

I am amazed that still in the year 2010 some people think that a pretty face means total stupidity  :evil:

Your story must be read. I am sure more women feel as you do, treated so unfairly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

And I don't feel that I'm being judged based on my appearance like I have my whole life. I think that's where I got the idea in my head to even want to be Miss America, everyone telling me how "pretty" I was and making me feel like I had to rely on my looks to get by in life. So I only tried for those things...Miss America...modeling...it's all really exhausting, feeling like you have to be "pretty" and "put together" every second of every day.

I don´t want to lecture you, but i see that you are having an encounter with what is fair or not.

That feeling of yours "making me feel like I had to rely on my looks to get by in life" can be very destructive.
The truth is that by stats nice looking people have more chances than uglier ones depending what their tasks or duties are.

If you focused in being in the "famous" industry, image is a must. That does not mean that you must be treated as a piece of meat.

You got the image, use it! and from there on you will achieve more goals, as spreading a good message as you wanted to do going to schools talking about family values and MJ.

Sounds unfair, but that is the platform. With your looks some doors will easily open and others will be closed just on your nose.

Looks and intelligence is nothing to discriminate people for but there are patterns stablished of "how a person looks outside" and how that reflects in the person´s psyche.

Be pretty and intelligent with good values and be proud of it. Do not neglect your looks or ideas just "to fit in".

I am amazed that still in the year 2010 some people think that a pretty face means total stupidity  :evil:

Your story must be read. I am sure more women feel as you do, treated so unfairly.

Thank you very much, Gema! That is great advice and that has always been my mindset. I believe I just haven't found the right opportunity for me yet, but when I do I know that all the things that make me "me" will work together to do the job at hand, whatever it may be. I am still working on music, just with a different approach. I've been working with a friend who is producing all his own music and who is working on a "stop the violence" movement in Chicago - so we are like minded and want to use music to make a difference.

And yes, that feeling of having to use my looks to get by was very destructive for me. I had a very hard time with my self esteem in high school. I no longer feel that way though, and that is why this experience has been such a blessing for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@Jacilovesmichael I really love your story.

This is ours.

My son was chosen to act in an inter school fancy dress competition. The topic was Historical Figures and the theme was Save The World. Immediately both of us thought of Michael and since he already dances to Michael and sings his songs, we thought it would be a good tribute. I already had a proper costume and I wrote a short beautiful introduction about Michael being a humanitarian and his efforts to save the world.

I found out from the Competition Incharge if it was okay that he acted as Michael and they agreed but my son's school teachers after debating for over a week decided my child could not go as MJ. We were quite devastated and the fact that they decided he should instead go as Hitler enraged us. They said that since he has a strong voice and seems confident, Hitler would be good.

I then realised that the second best choice would be Martin Luther King Jr and explained to my son the connection with Michael and how Michael respected MLK. My son said part of his I Have a Dream speech and he was quite a hit, even getting a prize for his performance. I know the world is not yet ready to see that Michael is a part of history but some day they definitely will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "simalves"
@Jacilovesmichael I really love your story.

This is ours.

My son was chosen to act in an inter school fancy dress competition. The topic was Historical Figures and the theme was Save The World. Immediately both of us thought of Michael and since he already dances to Michael and sings his songs, we thought it would be a good tribute. I already had a proper costume and I wrote a short beautiful introduction about Michael being a humanitarian and his efforts to save the world.

I found out from the Competition Incharge if it was okay that he acted as Michael and they agreed but my son's school teachers after debating for over a week decided my child could not go as MJ. We were quite devastated and the fact that they decided he should instead go as Hitler enraged us. They said that since he has a strong voice and seems confident, Hitler would be good.

I then realised that the second best choice would be Martin Luther King Jr and explained to my son the connection with Michael and how Michael respected MLK. My son said part of his I Have a Dream speech and he was quite a hit, even getting a prize for his performance. I know the world is not yet ready to see that Michael is a part of history but some day they definitely will.

Thank you so much for sharing! Wow, that is just crazy! How could they be okay with Hitler but not MJ? The ignorance in the world is so overwhelming at times. I'm glad he went as MLK, Michael would have loved that. I totally agree that someday the world will see his place in history. And to think, someday we'll be able to say we were apart of it :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

. .

That can't be true. Unbelievable. Hitler preferred to Michael Jackson.  :shock:
Sometimes it is not conceivable what's going on in some people's minds.
They probably thought of Michael as a "child molestor", what they remembered to have heard from the media - and took it as the ultimate truth, by debating over a week. They seem to know nothing about Michael, only how the media had portrayed him. Sad to see: Not much has changed.
But Hitler, a lunatic mass murderer was ok. They all know this for sure.
So one isn't a role model, whereas the other is?
Good, that your son and you refused to be a part of this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is an incredible story jacilovesmichael and I really commend you and I am proud of you.  That showed strength and most of all integrity on your part.  You stood up for something so strong and important that you were willing to give up you crown for your belief and that tells me so much about you.  Much love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing Jaci.  You look and sound great.
Bravo! for standing for what you beLIEved in; what you lost in the short term, you will get 100 times over in the future!

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
Take Courage
Peter 3:14

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late