No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The Michael Jackson's Tapes FULL
May 07, 2010, 03:56:07 PM
I have a mixed feelings about the revelations in this tapes. If they were true, i think it's a deeper tragedy that happened to Michael than we all thought of.

I don't know what to make of it, with the possible hoax and everything, so confused and saddened.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is the closest i get of getting insane over someone i never met..I miss you so much Michael it HURTS..

May 08, 2010, 02:09:31 AM
when I listened to this a while ago I was like wow if that is really what Michael thought than that is really really sad :cry: Makes me think what he is thinking about now...I mean those are from a while back so who  knows.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love you Michael...as much as you love super soaker fights!!! xD

May 08, 2010, 09:02:19 AM
It can be hard hearing some of those things but you know that was awhile ago and people change and their views etc. He definately was in a different state of mind then. Still not easy hearing some of that. But we all have said things we regret/don't mean so you know i dont think about it too much
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

July 04, 2010, 01:01:40 PM
There are times in our lives when we're having the best days, and others when we just don't feel optimistic. I'd bet that at some point he just felt that he'd have the worst of both worlds considering all that he'd been through including the things that we weren't aware of. When he went to Shmuley he truly needed a friend, a spiritual advisor and an expert.  He respected him and was eager to spend time with him, just observing and listening. Shmuley talks a good game, but like everyone else he's trying to capatalize off of his misfortune. These tapes should've been kept private. He may have felt this way at the time, and completely different in months to come.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 04, 2010, 02:50:39 PM
WOW. The media never ceases to amaze me.  Has anyone else here actually read the book of the transcribed tapes?  I'm reading it now and have read about 77% of it.  What I'm balking at is the way they cut up all that Michael said to make him look sad, unhappy, misogynistic, confused, narcisstic, etc.  But when reading the book, you don't come away with this.  It's the editing for TV.  I'm absolutely astounded.

The book simply shows many sides of Michael and when you see the many sides all together, you come away with a whole person who shares experiences that are sad, heart-warming, caring, humane, generous, fearful, etc.  You see the many sides. You don't come away with him being lonely or heartbroken or hating himself.  

It's like if today I say I'm sad and I feel fat and I can't look at myself.  But tomorrow, I'm looking good, pleased with my appearance and overall I've got a good spirit yet sometimes I'm down.  The book reads the same way, not the way that you see these tapes on television.  

Shmuley's commentary in the book is warped.  He is projecting things onto Michael that Michael doesn't actually say.  For instance, when it comes to women, Michael gives a very full account of his feelings and the complexities and limitations.  Take the comment about his brother's wives.  he does say they did a lot of mean things but he also says, now that they've gotten older, they are different, better women.

He mentions how hard it would be for a woman to be married to him because he likes to be on the move (my kind of man :)

He mentions the kind of woman he'd like most (down to earth, playful, modest...) and even said he liked Katie Couric.  Shmuley recounts that he called Katie but she was already seeing someone...

MJ embraces his celebrity in what I think is realistic - not in a narcisstic way but he understands and accepts the affect he has on people and also what his responsibility is to help and heal.

Obviously,  Michael isn't perfect.  We all have faults.  But, read the book and ignore Shmuley's silly commentary.  The transcription of the tapes without being terribly chopped up and edited the way Dateline did it, gives you are better sense of Michael - the way we understand him and to Shmuley's credit, given that he had to edit someof the tapes for the book, he doesn't do so in a way that depicts Michael in a bad light -- I mean transcribing Michael's words and answers to questions.  Smuley's commentary on the other hand is BS. But the book is good.  Reading MJ's words is good. I wouldn't still be reading it if it was depressing.  I'm actually glad I've read it, which is much different from this tv version.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 04, 2010, 03:47:28 PM
I don't like this man AT ALL. Sometimes I wonder how Michael could have been friends. with such people ...maybe they just didn't show some of their bad sides. ell we have all been through these things I guess, make bad judgments about some people and them are let down and betrayed, and the bigger the star... the bigger the target, like Michael said.
Look at this article he wrote back in 2005 ( May - when MJ was in court  :evil: )

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree with soldierofLOVE, you have to read the book and you'll understand that the way the media is portraying him in this video and the Rabbi is completely wrong and they are taking things out of context.
After reading the book without R.S. comments I got a sense of a, YES very lonely man with a troubled past, BUT a very strong, intelligent, kind, funny , NORMAL guy who did the best with what he had, considering what life was throwing at him. And like he said, I think that many people in his situation would have handled it a lot worst. I got a deeper understanding of the MAN after reading the book and I love him even more now.

I have the e-book, fan version, without RS's comments. If anyone wants it, pm your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

July 04, 2010, 04:01:35 PM
Quote from: "Truth_or_Dare"
I don't like this man AT ALL. Sometimes I wonder how Michael could have been friends. with such people ...maybe they just didn't show some of their bad sides. ell we have all been through these things I guess, make bad judgments about some people and them are let down and betrayed, and the bigger the star... the bigger the target, like Michael said.
Look at this article he wrote back in 2005 ( May - when MJ was in court  :evil: )

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree with soldierofLOVE, you have to read the book and you'll understand that the way the media is portraying him in this video and the Rabbi is completely wrong and they are taking things out of context.
After reading the book without R.S. comments I got a sense of a, YES very lonely man with a troubled past, BUT a very strong, intelligent, kind, funny , NORMAL guy who did the best with what he had, considering what life was throwing at him. And like he said, I think that many people in his situation would have handled it a lot worst. I got a deeper understanding of the MAN after reading the book and I love him even more now.

I have the e-book, fan version, without RS's comments. If anyone wants it, pm your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

i'm glad you agree.  shoot, i didn't realize there was a fan version but i'm glad to hear it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 04, 2010, 05:10:03 PM
I've just uplodaed the fan version of the MJ tapes for anyone who's interested in reading. I really recommend you do ;)
Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

I know this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a post with the full text, so... delete if this is unnecessary. I just felt this was so important and unlike Shmuley, I don't find it troubling at all, but very hinting. Michael's comments about disappearing always cheer me up.

This is almost the entire chapter for anyone who doesn't have the book. Later I got tired, so I only included the most important parts.

I think it's ridiculous how Shmuley's trying to put words into Michael's mouth like a tabloid reporter. Michael is clearly saying that he wouldn't want to live if it wasn't for children, what's so alarming about that? How does that mean Michael is likely to kill himself? After all, there will always be children, Michael himself has three wonderful examples of them. And I think we all have things that make our lives worth living and we wouldn't want to live without them.

At one point, he added [life], when Michael said he didn't want "a long...". A long whatever? It might be likely he meant "life", but if he didn't say it, I find it wrong to put it into his mouth like that. I'm a little suspicious about that part.

Michael is also cleary saying he hates the idea of growing old, but he says he does indeed want to see his children grow up, of course he does. So what's the matter, none of us are looking forward to growing old, I suppose.

Most importantly, I just believe that Shmuley didn't understand Michael when he talked about "disappearing". How does "disappear" mean death? It's important to disappear, to not be around anymore, but to be dead? I don't think so. Just read for yourselves if you haven't. I would like to know other people's opinions about this convo.

Michael always spoke to me about the power of mystery. He was not a recluse merely because he was shy but also because he believed in it. He had to keep his profile partially hidden to retain the interest of the public. In celebrity terms, overexposure was death. So I asked him...

Shmuley Boteach: So would you say the best thing that's ever happened to the Beatles is the fact that they broke up, and that's why they had this longevity, because suddenly, kaboom!, they weren't around anymore, so you could never get bored of them? They never fizzled?
Michael Jackson: Yeah, Marilyn Monroe died young. You didn't get to see her grow old and ugly. I mean that's the mystery of James Dean.
SB: And people say about the Beatles, "I wish they were together."
MJ: Absolutely, or else they'd be funky and old now and you wouldn't care.
SB: So is that an argument, Michael, for you to say one day, "That's it," and quit?
MJ: Yeah, I would like some kind of way to disappear where people don't see me anymore at some point, and just do my thing for children but not be visual. To disappear is very important. We are people of change. We need change in our lives. That's why we have winter, spring, summer, fall.

Here, I started to get worried about what Michael meant by "disappear." It's one thing to leave show business. It's another to harbor a death wish. So I said...

SB: Okay, but you want a long life and a healthy life. You don't want to disappear like, God forbid, the way some of those stars have disappeared, the way Marilyn Monroe has. You don't want to die young?
MJ: Um, you're asking me an interesting question. You sure you want my answer?
SB: I do.
MJ: Okay, I'll give you my honest answer. Okay, um. My greatest dream that I have left - I have accomplished my dreams with music and all that and I love music and entertainment - is this children's innitiative, is this thing that we are doing. But, um, 'cause I don't care about [anything else], I really don't, I don't care about [career], I honestly don't Shmuley. What keeps me going is children, or else I would, I would seriously...I've told you this before, I swear to God I mean every word. I would, I would just throw in the towel if it wasn't for children or babies. And that's my real, my honest [answer]...and I've said it before, if it weren't for children, I would choose death. I mean it with all my heart.

And his voice had the ring of truth. His comments were alarming in the extreme. Did Michael just tell me he would choose death? I couldn't believe it. So I asked him to clarify.

SB: Choose death the way Marilyn Monroe chose death?
MJ: Some kind of way. I would find a way to go away off the planet 'cause I wouldn't care about living anymore. I'm living for these babies and children.
SB: You see them as really a part, a spark of God here on earth?
MJ: I swear they are.
SB: So for you it's the most spiritual thing in the world?
MJ: There is nothing more pure and spiritual to me than children and I cannot live without them. If you told me right now, "Michael, you can never see another child," I would kill myself. I swear to you I would because I have nothing else to live for. That's it. Honestly.

I was startled and shaken. I had to bring him back to his senses, so I said...

SB: So do you want to have a long life?
MJ: Let me take back that word swear, 'cause I don't swear to God. I take that back. I don't want to use that word. say this question again?
SB: You said you want to disappear. Do you think it's important to disappear?
MJ: I don't want a long [life]...I don't like, I don't, I don't. I think growing old is the ugliest, the most, the ugliest thing. When the body breaks down and you start to wrinkle, I think it's so bad. I don't, that's something I don't understand, Shmuley. And I never want to look in the mirror and see that. I don't understand it. I really don't. And people say that growing old is beautiful and it's this and that. I disagree. I totally do.
SB: So you want to die before that happens?
MJ: Um...I don't want to grow old. I would like to get...

I know that I shouldn't have been cutting Michael off in the midst of such a seminal subject [that's right!], but his hinting at suicide was extremely troubling, and I felt the immediate need to inspire him to choose life. So I said...

SB: What if you could stay young in spirirt Michael?
MJ: Yeah, that's important to me.
SB: You may have wrinkles, but don't you want to see Prince and Paris grow up?
MJ: Yes, I do.
SB: Don't you want to see their children?
MJ: I just don't want to look old and start forgetting. I want to always be youthful and have the energy to run around and play hide and seek, which is one of my favorite games. I wanted to play it so badly at your house the last time we were there 'cause you have a nice big house for it. Um, I hate to see people grow old, Shmuley.

Yes, we could talk about hide and seek, but not when Michael was discussing the possibility of his suicide. So I brought him back again to the possibility of growing old yet remaining youthful and vibrant.

SB: Haven't you seen people who grew old but kept their youthfulness. They behaved like they were still young?
MJ: Yeah, when they have a youthful heart, I love that. When they start to forget and wrinkle, [and] their body parts break down, it hurts me. Or when they get...
SB: Who has that happened to among the people you've loved? [...]
SB: But what happened to [Princess] Diana, that was a great tragedy, Michael.

I was trying to remind him that no matter how painful it was to grow old, dying a young, tragic death was much worse.

MJ: That was a great tragedy. That killed me. That killed everybody, I think.
SB: It's not good to die young. It may make you into a myth, Michael. But life is too precious, no?
MJ: Life is very beautiful and precious.
[...]

SB: Are you afraid of death?
MJ: Yes.
[...]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

January 06, 2011, 11:35:41 AM
Here's the conversation Michael had with Shmuley about "disappearing" and "dying" young. I just felt this was so important and unlike Shmuley, I don't find it troubling at all, but very hinting. Michael's comments about disappearing always cheer me up.

This is almost the entire chapter "Setting The Stage" (interesting title, I know), "The Writing Was on the Wall: Talking About Dying Young", for anyone who doesn't have the book. Later I got tired, so I only included the most important parts.

I think it's ridiculous how Shmuley's trying to put words into Michael's mouth like a tabloid reporter. Michael is clearly saying that he wouldn't want to live if it wasn't for children, what's so alarming about that? How does that mean Michael is likely to kill himself? After all, there will always be children, Michael himself has three wonderful examples of them. And I think we all have things that make our lives worth living and we wouldn't want to live without them.

At one point, he added [life], when Michael said he didn't want "a long...". A long whatever? It might be likely he meant "life", but if he didn't say it, I find it wrong to put it into his mouth like that. I'm a little suspicious about that part.

Michael is also cleary saying he hates the idea of growing old, but he says he does indeed want to see his children grow up, of course he does. So what's the matter, none of us are looking forward to growing old, I suppose.

Most importantly, I just believe that Shmuley didn't understand Michael when he talked about "disappearing". How does "disappear" mean death? It's important to disappear, to not be around anymore, but to be dead? I don't think so. Just read for yourselves if you haven't. I would like to know other people's opinions about this convo.

Michael always spoke to me about the power of mystery. He was not a recluse merely because he was shy but also because he believed in it. He had to keep his profile partially hidden to retain the interest of the public. In celebrity terms, overexposure was death. So I asked him...

Shmuley Boteach: So would you say the best thing that's ever happened to the Beatles is the fact that they broke up, and that's why they had this longevity, because suddenly, kaboom!, they weren't around anymore, so you could never get bored of them? They never fizzled?
Michael Jackson: Yeah, Marilyn Monroe died young. You didn't get to see her grow old and ugly. I mean that's the mystery of James Dean.
SB: And people say about the Beatles, "I wish they were together."
MJ: Absolutely, or else they'd be funky and old now and you wouldn't care.
SB: So is that an argument, Michael, for you to say one day, "That's it," and quit?
MJ: Yeah, I would like some kind of way to disappear where people don't see me anymore at some point, and just do my thing for children but not be visual. To disappear is very important. We are people of change. We need change in our lives. That's why we have winter, spring, summer, fall.

Here, I started to get worried about what Michael meant by "disappear." It's one thing to leave show business. It's another to harbor a death wish. So I said...

SB: Okay, but you want a long life and a healthy life. You don't want to disappear like, God forbid, the way some of those stars have disappeared, the way Marilyn Monroe has. You don't want to die young?
MJ: Um, you're asking me an interesting question. You sure you want my answer?
SB: I do.
MJ: Okay, I'll give you my honest answer. Okay, um. My greatest dream that I have left - I have accomplished my dreams with music and all that and I love music and entertainment - is this children's innitiative, is this thing that we are doing. But, um, 'cause I don't care about [anything else], I really don't, I don't care about [career], I honestly don't Shmuley. What keeps me going is children, or else I would, I would seriously...I've told you this before, I swear to God I mean every word. I would, I would just throw in the towel if it wasn't for children or babies. And that's my real, my honest [answer]...and I've said it before, if it weren't for children, I would choose death. I mean it with all my heart.

And his voice had the ring of truth. His comments were alarming in the extreme. Did Michael just tell me he would choose death? I couldn't believe it. So I asked him to clarify.

SB: Choose death the way Marilyn Monroe chose death?
MJ: Some kind of way. I would find a way to go away off the planet 'cause I wouldn't care about living anymore. I'm living for these babies and children.
SB: You see them as really a part, a spark of God here on earth?
MJ: I swear they are.
SB: So for you it's the most spiritual thing in the world?
MJ: There is nothing more pure and spiritual to me than children and I cannot live without them. If you told me right now, "Michael, you can never see another child," I would kill myself. I swear to you I would because I have nothing else to live for. That's it. Honestly.

I was startled and shaken. I had to bring him back to his senses, so I said...

SB: So do you want to have a long life?
MJ: Let me take back that word swear, 'cause I don't swear to God. I take that back. I don't want to use that word. say this question again?
SB: You said you want to disappear. Do you think it's important to disappear?
MJ: I don't want a long [life]...I don't like, I don't, I don't. I think growing old is the ugliest, the most, the ugliest thing. When the body breaks down and you start to wrinkle, I think it's so bad. I don't, that's something I don't understand, Shmuley. And I never want to look in the mirror and see that. I don't understand it. I really don't. And people say that growing old is beautiful and it's this and that. I disagree. I totally do.
SB: So you want to die before that happens?
MJ: Um...I don't want to grow old. I would like to get...

I know that I shouldn't have been cutting Michael off in the midst of such a seminal subject
[that's right!], but his hinting at suicide was extremely troubling, and I felt the immediate need to inspire him to choose life. So I said...

SB: What if you could stay young in spirirt Michael?
MJ: Yeah, that's important to me.
SB: You may have wrinkles, but don't you want to see Prince and Paris grow up?
MJ: Yes, I do.
SB: Don't you want to see their children?
MJ: I just don't want to look old and start forgetting. I want to always be youthful and have the energy to run around and play hide and seek, which is one of my favorite games. I wanted to play it so badly at your house the last time we were there 'cause you have a nice big house for it. Um, I hate to see people grow old, Shmuley.

Yes, we could talk about hide and seek, but not when Michael was discussing the possibility of his suicide. So I brought him back again to the possibility of growing old yet remaining youthful and vibrant.

SB: Haven't you seen people who grew old but kept their youthfulness. They behaved like they were still young?
MJ: Yeah, when they have a youthful heart, I love that. When they start to forget and wrinkle, [and] their body parts break down, it hurts me. Or when they get...
SB: Who has that happened to among the people you've loved? [...]
SB: But what happened to [Princess] Diana, that was a great tragedy, Michael.

I was trying to remind him that no matter how painful it was to grow old, dying a young, tragic death was much worse.

MJ: That was a great tragedy. That killed me. That killed everybody, I think.
SB: It's not good to die young. It may make you into a myth, Michael. But life is too precious, no?
MJ: Life is very beautiful and precious.
[...]

SB: Are you afraid of death?
MJ: Yes.
[...]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

January 07, 2011, 12:50:47 AM
:| i have to say this one more time....this tapes are the clues for everything, MJ speak from the heart in this tapes.....for sure!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E is the messageThanx MICHAEL

January 08, 2011, 03:40:39 AM
I LOVED the tapes (his voice is hypnotic), and I bought the book when it was first released.  I was actually excited to read it because Shmuley is a great, great writer. While reading it I thought "Yeah, he's a good writer and embellishment sells books." The man has 20 kids (or pretty close to it), that he has to feed. I couldn't imagine him NOT jumping on the Jackson bandwagon. One of my biggest issues with it is that he speaks alot about idol worship, in fact he talks down upon it but interestingly he was a "fan" too. He paints this picture of a helpless MJ who was lost and in need of guidance or he was doomed, he was the rabbi with the red cape who'd tried to come in and save the day. He paraded MJ around with him to religious events like he was some kind of token flock, putting on a front like "Hey everybody, look at who I'm helping..." He's unique in his approach.  He would justify his actions by saying that he was offered gifts but he would turn them down because he didn't want anything from him.  The funny thing is that his presence was more valuable than anything tangible that MJ could've given him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Finn

March 24, 2011, 07:22:57 AM
i can not see anything `?? where can i finde this videos?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions