Serenitys_Dream

Symbolism In "Will You Be There"
May 02, 2010, 04:52:33 AM
After creating the video on Jennifer Hudson's performance of Michael Jackson's song "Will You Be There", I decided to take an in-depth look at the lyrics and the live performance as presented by Michael himself.

[youtube:isv9ggsu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcN_TmWpPE[/youtube:isv9ggsu]

[youtube:isv9ggsu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_CM9ntoSrA&feature=watch_response[/youtube:isv9ggsu]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Symbolism In "Will You Be There"
May 02, 2010, 08:41:25 AM
I agree those words are VERY powerful. Sure anyone can say they are your friend and really care but basically when the chips are down WILL they stand by you or run with their tail between their legs. So many people are in it for #1 (themselves) only nowadays.
I for one support Michael and always have 1000%. No question about it at all

Especially at the end when he speaks....

In Our Darkest Hour
In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care?
Will You Be There?
In My Trials
And My Tripulations
Through Our Doubts
And Frustrations
In My Violence
In My Turbulence
Through My Fear
And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
I'll Never Let You Part
For You're Always In My Heart.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

May 02, 2010, 09:21:19 AM
Thank you for these videos. You've really done your homework and it shows. I have always thought the word was "Mary" instead of weary too.

While I'm not sure about Michael being the Son of God I am sure he has been totally obedient to our Heavenly Father in relaying the message of love, hope, peace, and joy to all and God has blessed him abundantly for it.

The Bible says that our battles are spiritual not physical so it's my belief that those seeking to destroy Michael were doing so out of spiritual conflict and disharmony. I'm sure as well versed as Michael is that he knows the closer he is to God the more people will fight to destroy him. We've seen proof of that. But thankfully we have a powerful God who makes good on His promise. Well done, Michael, for being a good and faithful servant.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

May 02, 2010, 10:02:07 AM
Thanks for making these videos. I have always thought that there was a lot of Biblical references in this song. To me, it kind of seems like he wrote it with Jesus the speaker of the song...but at the same time, the words being true for himself too.

I am curious now about the "Mary" "Weary" thing. I always thought it was "weary" because that's what the lyrics say....however, "Mary" makes more sense. Plus, we know that Michael often lists the lyrics as something different than what he's actually saying (Like in "DS").

That makes me think of something else... I wonder if it was always up to Michael what the lyrics were listed as? Isn't it possible that certain people wouldn't "allow" him to list certain lyrics, and forced them to be changed? Just a thought...

But anyway, I also have always thought Michael to be something special. We are all special in our own way, but he was clearly chosen for significant things.

Michael Jackson was metaphorically crucified in our society, despite the wonderful gifts from GOD that he shared with the world. That is exactly what happened to Jesus.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

May 03, 2010, 03:50:25 AM
I've sung it as Mary instead of weary ever since I was little. This song @ MTV's 10th anniversary is my favorite performance of his that I have ever seen... even though the spoken part rips my heart out every single time.

Pfft I'm in tears just thinking about it  :cry:  Grrrr to self.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 03, 2010, 05:44:17 PM
Being that this is my favorite song by Michael because of the message he seems to be conveying to his fans, I had to respond to this thread.  This song to me is Michael's only time he asked us for anything, a plea to us to be there for him no matter what we hear, no matter what we think we see.  It's almost like he was telling us that there were things on the horizon that would come to pass, and in spite of them, just be there for me.  What ever you hear, whatever revelations are made, or what ever accusations are made against him, hold him, love him, carry him, be there for him.  In My Trials
And My Tribulations,Through Our Doubts And Frustrations, In My Violence, In My Turbulence Through My Fear, And My Confessions...  And my favorite verse that always makes me wanna scream YES I'LL BE THERE:  

But They Told Me
A Man Should Be Faithful
And Walk When Not Able
And Fight Till The End
But I'm Only Human

But I'm only human.  To me that said it all.  I am only human and therefore not perfect.  But I reach out to you in all my nakedness and show myself in all my vulnerabilities.  They will say things about me.  You will know my secrets.  You will see my imperfections.  But I am not a criminal.  Be there for me like you'd be there for your child, your brother, your friend.  Don't doubt me, don't turn away from me in shame because I have been sought after and betrayed by those whom I afforded my trust.  You know the real me, they know only the image of me.  I am only human.  After you have heard and seen and questioned, will you still be there for me.  They called him a criminal.  They put cuffs on his wrists.  They placed him in the company of thieves and rapists and murderers  to scourge him and bring him low.  Yet he stood there, he sat there, in his splendor and with dignity and with grace.  This song and the video is what plays in my mind whenever I see Michael being misjudged, misaligned and mistreated.  I see his eyes, I hear his voice, and I see his tears.  

I think I went over board a bit, but this song always brings me to tears, because I feel I wasn't there, that I missed the signs, and let so much idle time pass by while I was busy living my life.  Sometimes I feel like I forgot about Michael Jackson,  and then he went away :cry: I almost feel like I failed him.  Why didn't we know the pain, the sorrow, the fear for his life that Michael experienced before now?  Like the disciple who denied knowing Jesus 3 times I feel I let him down.  Like I should have sensed it, known it.  Like I could have done something if only shout to the world, PLEASE PROTECT MICHAEL JACKSON.  SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HARM HIM YET AGAIN.  But I didn't know and for that, I feel I wasn't there like I swore that I would always be.  Am I making any sense?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

May 16, 2010, 09:25:34 AM
I still feel like many signs were missed along the way.  Not only through the messages of his songs, but the look of "what more can I say, do, give" in his eyes.  I cannot even listen to Will You Be There without tearing up, even now :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions