Singing live?
January 11, 2010, 01:50:16 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm just wondering... do you know if there is any reason that Michael didn't really sing live from the Dangerous album and on?

He sang the whole Bad tour live, and then just doing random performances here and there after that, he never actually sang live.

He never needed to prove himself or anything, we all knew he could sing.. but why didn't he sing even some songs live?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

iMJacksonfaN

Re: Singing live?
January 11, 2010, 08:22:54 AM
Michael was a true artist. He sang live almost every time, except his newest songs.
-That's one of the reasons why Michael always have been impressing me as artist. He love his "job" truely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 08:33:36 AM
I just assumed it was because he hated touring and it would be really hard on the vocal cords performing that much.  I guess he figured his fans would still love the show no matter what.  Considering he could sing live as perfect as his albums sounded, it's kind of a shame, but I don't blame him.  Did you ever hear the amount of vocal practice he would do just to get ready for a show?  You can listen to them on YT.  I can't imagine doing that almost every night.  He was an incredible perfectionist.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

January 11, 2010, 02:07:48 PM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
I just assumed it was because he hated touring and it would be really hard on the vocal cords performing that much.  I guess he figured his fans would still love the show no matter what.  Considering he could sing live as perfect as his albums sounded, it's kind of a shame, but I don't blame him.  Did you ever hear the amount of vocal practice he would do just to get ready for a show?  You can listen to them on YT.  I can't imagine doing that almost every night.  He was an incredible perfectionist.

Ya absolutely understand that. I just kind of wished he would've done maybe just award shows live. Maybe no tours, but one-time performances like that. I just go on youtube wanting like new-er clips of him singing live, but there are pretty much none
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

January 12, 2010, 02:49:30 AM
I know what you mean.  I don't understand why he didn't sing live when at awards shows and things like that.  You'd think he'd be more worried about something happening a la Ashley Simpson. :lol:  Of course, everyone knows MJ can sing like crazy so the fallout wouldn't have been as bad, but I'm surprised he'd take that chance anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

April 18, 2010, 11:09:33 AM
I also notice that there are lots of fans that hope that Michael would do some sort of an unplugged session, no dancing, only him sitting with band singing his medium to slow paced tunes, to showcase his amazing vocals and musicality..

My current wish is that if Michael did hoax his death and was gonna returned, he's gonna do something like this..and i'd do literally ANYTHING i can to sit in the front row  :D

But the difficulty with Michael Jackson is that it's just impossible to separate Michael Jackson's performance with anything less than anything spectacular..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is the closest i get of getting insane over someone i never met..I miss you so much Michael it HURTS..

April 18, 2010, 11:37:27 AM
Who said he didnt perform live?  Ive seen lots of proof that he did sing live.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 05:53:06 PM
Quote from: "vanessa"
I also notice that there are lots of fans that hope that Michael would do some sort of an unplugged session, no dancing, only him sitting with band singing his medium to slow paced tunes, to showcase his amazing vocals and musicality..

My current wish is that if Michael did hoax his death and was gonna returned, he's gonna do something like this..and i'd do literally ANYTHING i can to sit in the front row  :D

But the difficulty with Michael Jackson is that it's just impossible to separate Michael Jackson's performance with anything less than anything spectacular..

I thought the same when I heard about This Is It tour's tecnology and such, and then when I saw the costumes... he doesn't need these things to amaze me  :D

And yes, he did perform live the whole Bad tour. In Dangerous, some were live, some lip sync, e.g "Heal The World". And in History, a lot of lip sync. But he always performed the Jackson Five Medley live...  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions