MJonmind

Re: Glenda tapes - what do U think?
September 08, 2010, 11:52:45 PM
[attachment=0:r05zn94h]Gary, 2300-Jackson-Street-2[1].jpg[/attachment:r05zn94h]
Mykidsmum, if you still come to visit here, I think you captured a bingo moment there with the basement thing. In this pic it shows no basement windows, but there could possibly be a root cellar, that he could be referring to as a basement, so it's not a for sure thing. The info on this Hans Schmidt, the blackmailer is very revealing, too.

My only observation after listening to the Glenda tapes and listening to other tapes you posted, as well as the many videos I've watched this last year, to many to count, of MJ talking. This may sound negative but it's not meant to be, that Michael tends to talk with few words, lots of repitition of things he's said elsewhere, very deliberate with what he says, careful never to say anything negative about others, only about himself. On the Glenda tapes it's more him slighting others but not himself. He doesn't seem to ever be a chatterbox about silly filler talk like women/girls might do, and yet that's how he appears on these tapes. It does indeed seem like 2 women talking. He has always keenly been aware that others try to photograph him, record him, bug his hotel rooms. I'm sure he's learned from a young age, the tricks people/media/fans do to get things from him. About anything sexual he's especially bashful and shy in talking about them, like he's embarrassed, but on these tapes there's not one shred of hesitancy. I agree that the black-american pronunciation that MJ usually has is not apparant in the G tapes. In my novice opinion they are not Michael's voice.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Re: Michael talking to Glenda
September 08, 2010, 11:57:17 PM
Re-reading the transcript lead me to a previous discussion by Mykidsmom showing fairly strongly that the tapes are likely fakes. I added my 2 cents at the end of her well-done annalysis. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 10, 2010, 06:39:19 AM
It's like the Glenda's voice. What do you think?

[youtube:n7u66yr2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWEtmgvutg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:n7u66yr2]
P.S. sorry for my English, I use the translate
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 11, 2010, 04:59:40 AM
х
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Galaxy

March 06, 2011, 11:44:06 AM
Just wanted to throw this out there even though this is an old topic, but I too was a little baffled as to if these "Glenda Tapes" were really Michael or if we were listening to a fake. Which leads me to my question. Do you think Michael purposely used a voice impersonator on a few of his tracks in his latest album Michael to prove a point that you can't always believe what you hear?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saving The Universe One A**hole At A Time.

March 07, 2011, 11:05:06 AM
I sadly can't hear Michael's personal touch on the new album which probably mean that the people who worked on it messed up. They rushed it without putting enough love into it. It saddens me that I can't fully enjoy some of the songs because of the controversy surrounding who's voice it is. If I buy a MJ album I only wanna hear MJ on it, no stupid fakes  :x I'd rather have an unfinished demo or some ad libs from Michael if there isn't enough material to work with (or whatever the reason was...).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 12, 2011, 04:45:12 PM
M: Laughing…Brandi comes to me and she says “There’s another lady on the phone and she’s the sweetest?” Laughing. I think she (I)
G: Laughing. (I) she sounds (I)..I’ve never talked to her before.
M: She’s a cutie pie. She’s Jackie’s little girl. (I) She was in my commercial, that LA Gear commercial.
G: Oh she was?
M: Yeah
G: oh
M: And she was in the video “Time to Remember” ..she was a doll. She was soooo pretty

TIME TO REMEMBER??? I've only just noticed that. LOL, what "Time To Remember" video? About time to remember the titles of your songs, Michael?

That's crazy! I can't decide about those tapes, but this is really crazy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

March 30, 2011, 11:44:55 AM
Interesting post from another forum:

I believe 110% that it is Michael's voice on the audio tapes. Michael had a unique singing voice, but he also had a very unique speaking voice as well. There are too many nuances in the voice on the tape (subtle throat clearing, sentence structure, inflection, subtle accent etc.) that match up with all the nuances Michael exhibited in the 30 years of interviews he did as an adult. It's either him or his vocal twin. Keep in mind that many people have tried to imitate Michael's voice over the years as part of novelty acts, but you can always tell it's not quite him. Even Kip Lennon's legitimate impersonation of Michael's singing in the Simpson's episode is not quite good enough that you can't tell the difference. Nobody can fake Michael's voice this well -- it's simply too nuanced.

While it's true that a lot of what Michael says can be found in books and biopics about him, there are also too many mentions of subtle details that someone would have to really take time to research and remember. IMO, it would be too much work to do this and fake the conversation this well. At one point, although it's not translated correctly in the youtube transcript (translation says CIRCUS, but that is NOT what Michael says), Michael talks about the "chitlin circuit" (a circuit of clubs in the U.S. where African American acts were welcome in the 60s). The Jackson 5 performed on this circuit for many years before they became famous. Yes, someone could research it, but it's not what I would call a wide-spread fact about Michael. And yet he refers to it.

There is also talk about the Simpson's episode on the tapes. But Michael never mentions the project by name. That's because Michael's involvement in this episode was top secret - he did it on the sly and was credited with a fake name when it finally aired. This information came out years later, but was not known at the time that Michael and Glenda were talking. Also, Michael taped the episode in early 1990, but it did not air until more than a year later due to problems with copyrights. On the tapes, he seems to refer to taping the show, but says he cannot tell Glenda exactly what the project is. He suggests that he hopes it will come out soon, but seems to know there are problems behind the scenes. Of course, there were, and it took some time to come out. He even refers to Kip Lennon (although not by name) who imitates his voice in the show - says the guy is "great". Years later, those who worked on the episode with Michael said that he loved Lennon's imitation and could not stop laughing about it. IMO, all of these details are simply too subtle for anyone but Michael and the Simpsons staff members to have known about it at the time it was happening.

It's also pretty clear that the conversation was taped in the early 90s (from about 1990 - 1992 according to the subjects discussed). It's tough to buy that it was faked years later and simply set in that time context. Again, subtle details give away the authenticity of it. At one point, Glenda offhandedly asks Michael if he heard about "that pilot being sucked out of that airplane last week..." The incident she's referring to happened on June 10, 1990 when a British Airways pilot was sucked out the window of the 757 he was flying. His co-pilot and other flight attendants held onto his ankles and managed to save his life. It was an incident that although certainly reported on the news, was forgotten about by most a mere months later. Again, something like that is too subtle to have been inserted by someone to add authenticity. It's clear the conversation took place right after this actually happened - in June/early July 1990.

Anyway, I believe the audio is legit, but I don't necessarily believe all of the extended transcripts. I did have access to makeupshark's blog for a while (even after it went private), but when the transcripts started getting a little too outrageous (imo), I quit reading them. Some of them were probably real, but imo there came a point where someone with an ego and an imagination eventually started embellishing them and then couldn't stop themselves since readers were hanging on every word. I won't believe a lot of the information included in those extended transcripts until I hear audio to match them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

March 31, 2011, 11:46:37 AM
Idk, I've almost fully accepted that the tapes are fake. I think mykidsmum did some really good observations and how come we know nothing about this Glenda person?

@Beebee what you posted is interesting but still doesn't convince me. First of all Kip Lennon was the worst example this person could mention in my opinion. Ok, not the worst, but any fan of Michael (or at least the "involved" ones...) can tell that's not Michael singing, almost immediatly. I also saw this guy on yt demonstrating how easy it could be to imitate Michael's "phone voice" using somekind of device. It was actually a bit shocking because I don't want to start questioning all Michael-tapes out there. It's just not that easy to identify someone's phone voice.

Regarding all the small details, we've discussed how some of them don't even make sense, judging from the information we can be certain of. Also if this tape was made by some fan or some Michael-obsessed person I don't really think it's that weird they'd research such things first.

What did catch my attention in that post is the mentioning of the BA pilot incident. Even if a fake would mention that you'd still think it would have had to be quite recent for the person to mention it. So that helps set up somekind of timeline for the recording of the tape. Then again, I'd have to listen to the tapes again to confirm that was said because I can't remember it right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

March 31, 2011, 02:22:01 PM
Thanks Bee Bee! I feel kinda embarrassed to say that for some time now, re-reading the transcripts a while back, that I've changed my mind and see them as MJ. He is so adorable throughout. Lucky Glenda. Funny how my brain works doing a flip on this. :oops:  :roll:  :)

Anyway, I believe the audio is legit, but I don't necessarily believe all of the extended transcripts. I did have access to makeupshark's blog for a while (even after it went private), but when the transcripts started getting a little too outrageous (imo), I quit reading them. Some of them were probably real, but imo there came a point where someone with an ego and an imagination eventually started embellishing them and then couldn't stop themselves since readers were hanging on every word. I won't believe a lot of the information included in those extended transcripts until I hear audio to match them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... nda/page13
Like she says, that some imaginative additions have been made to make the transcripts spicier to an eager audience.
Boy this has been a trip! :o  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 31, 2011, 06:44:47 PM
About the basement... I've found it. It's in The Magic And The Madness, the first edition, on page 6. Taraborrelli writes the house in Gary had a small basement.

I haven't been able to find this in the 2003 edition and I don't have the newest one, but it is in the first edition... Doesn't necessarily mean it's true, of course, but why would somebody claim they had a basement when they didn't?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions