Re: Glenda tapes - what do U think?
April 17, 2010, 12:05:32 PM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
ok guys...I found the ultimate evidence the Glenda tapes are a fake.... Take a look at the screen shot of the transcripts...(you can go and listen to them on youbute to see they are right) in them he says on 2300 Jackson Street Joe would beat him and throw him in the basement  There is NO BASEMENT at 2300 Jackson Street.  It's a house built on a slab foundation!  Michael Jackson never had a basement growing up on 2300 Jackson Street  But I guess the MJ in the Jackson tapes wouldn't know that because "SHE" didn't grow up there.   :lol:

Good point, but I don't think that's a proof, to be honest. Maybe he meant that in a rather metaphorical way, or he wasn't even referring to Jackson Street. I don't know. I just really think it sounds like Michael, and I really don't know why somebody would fake this. There's not much "dynamite stuff" on there as supposedly was, in my opinion, so why take the time to fake this? I have to admit, though... The first time I listened to those tapes, I kinda doubted it was Michael, because I'd been wanting to hear this for ages and thought it would sound even more like Michael. (Does that make sense?) But I do think it sounds like him now, his voice is just really, really high-pitched here.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 02:25:35 PM
Quote from: "Bee Bee"
ok guys...I found the ultimate evidence the Glenda tapes are a fake.... Take a look at the screen shot of the transcripts...(you can go and listen to them on youbute to see they are right) in them he says on 2300 Jackson Street Joe would beat him and throw him in the basement  There is NO BASEMENT at 2300 Jackson Street.  It's a house built on a slab foundation!  Michael Jackson never had a basement growing up on 2300 Jackson Street  But I guess the MJ in the Jackson tapes wouldn't know that because "SHE" didn't grow up there.   :lol:

Good point, but I don't think that's a proof, to be honest. Maybe he meant that in a rather metaphorical way, or he wasn't even referring to Jackson Street. I don't know. I just really think it sounds like Michael, and I really don't know why somebody would fake this. There's not much "dynamite stuff" on there as supposedly was, in my opinion, so why take the time to fake this? I have to admit, though... The first time I listened to those tapes, I kinda doubted it was Michael, because I'd been wanting to hear this for ages and thought it would sound even more like Michael. (Does that make sense?) But I do think it sounds like him now, his voice is just really, really high-pitched here.
well, what I wrote is based on one screen shot, the actual conversation that was taking place was about the time period that Joe rehearsed them and was very violent, based on reading what MJ wrote and said about his childhood, what his mother and brothers said, this time period was when they were first starting out and they lived at 2300 Jackson Street, Gary Indiana.  They only ever lived in one house in Gary Indiana and never lived in a house with 2300 in California.  The Jackson's have a song called 2300 Jackson Street about growing up in this house.  As for the metaphorical part... I don't think that fits.  MJ was very serious when ever he spoke of abuse.  I don't recall him being metaphorical in these situations.  He also says in one of the tapes that his father knocked him down so hard one time he lost a rib...now believe MJ is alive or dead, the autopsy has to be true.  Because it's him, or because they have to convince people who know MJ that it's him.  There was nothing about a missing rib.  There were freshly broken ribs and even an extra smaller rib near the top of his ribcage, a phenomena that some people are born with.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 03:41:10 PM

well, what I wrote is based on one screen shot, the actual conversation that was taking place was about the time period that Joe rehearsed them and was very violent, based on reading what MJ wrote and said about his childhood, what his mother and brothers said, this time period was when they were first starting out and they lived at 2300 Jackson Street, Gary Indiana.  They only ever lived in one house in Gary Indiana and never lived in a house with 2300 in California.  The Jackson's have a song called 2300 Jackson Street about growing up in this house.  As for the metaphorical part... I don't think that fits.  MJ was very serious when ever he spoke of abuse.  I don't recall him being metaphorical in these situations.  He also says in one of the tapes that his father knocked him down so hard one time he lost a rib...now believe MJ is alive or dead, the autopsy has to be true.  Because it's him, or because they have to convince people who know MJ that it's him.  There was nothing about a missing rib.  There were freshly broken ribs and even an extra smaller rib near the top of his ribcage, a phenomena that some people are born with.

I would think that a house in Indiana would have a basement because it is a colder state and they get regular winters like Michigan or Wisconsin (I know since iam in Canada and we have them in almost 100% of the homes). So would it not have one for the furnace? OR was the entire home heated with a wood stove? I thought that the Jackson bungalow was built around the 40's sometime (or so i thought i read somewhere). Alot of even older farm houses have cellars or basements so are you sure this is not true???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 03:45:58 PM
this post has gotten me quite hooked and here is some more info I found about the Glenda tapes.  You can see it here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 06:20:16 AM
this post has gotten me quite hooked and here is some more info I found about the Glenda tapes.  You can see it here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hmm, but how on earth were those tapes proven to be false?
Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:39:06 AM by Bee Bee
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tomorrow

April 18, 2010, 06:51:08 AM
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"

I would think that a house in Indiana would have a basement because it is a colder state and they get regular winters like Michigan or Wisconsin (I know since iam in Canada and we have them in almost 100% of the homes). So would it not have one for the furnace? OR was the entire home heated with a wood stove? I thought that the Jackson bungalow was built around the 40's sometime (or so i thought i read somewhere). Alot of even older farm houses have cellars or basements so are you sure this is not true???

I kinda have the feeling that I read something about the house having a basement or no basement, maybe in Katherine's book. I just flipped through the first parts, but couldn't find anything, but it might've been somewhere else. Can anybody remember something specific?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tomorrow

mykidsmum

April 18, 2010, 09:22:51 AM

I kinda have the feeling that I read something about the house having a basement or no basement, maybe in Katherine's book. I just flipped through the first parts, but couldn't find anything, but it might've been somewhere else. Can anybody remember something specific?
All the houses on Jackson street are built on Slab Foundations in the 1940's.  I wrote an email to the  realtor selling the house across the street from Jackson's home, which is also on a slab foundation.  The houses on Jackson Street were economically conscious houses, built on a budget for people on a budget.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 18, 2010, 09:27:51 AM

smaller houses such as Jackson's do not need a basement and his home is now heated with natural gas...I don't know what it was when he was a child.  For that size home, you only need a small utility room, the size of a closet.  I believe (not 100 percet sure) that I read somewhere that the Jackson's boiler was in the kitchen...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 24, 2010, 10:53:36 AM
Do you have actual confirmation of that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

mykidsmum

April 24, 2010, 11:13:25 AM
actual confirmation of what?  The boiler being in the kitchen or that Jackson's house is built on slab foundation?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 24, 2010, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
Congratulation, Mykidsmum - I just love your profound analysis!

I always registered the unique way of Michael`s  pronounciation (quite appealing to me, actually, haha!) but I never got the details as exactly as you pointed out here.

What stands out for me is how he pronounces the word "remember" ... never heard anything like that (since I am not a native speaker I am not familiar with all regional accents, though).

And yes, for me there`s no doubt that these Glenda tapes are fake. "Basement" at least should be convincing.
EXACTLY!! Also, on the tape, MJ said that Joe broke his arm. I don't remember Joe breaking MJ's arm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 24, 2010, 09:09:31 PM
Quote from: "techdiva"
Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
Congratulation, Mykidsmum - I just love your profound analysis!

I always registered the unique way of Michael`s  pronounciation (quite appealing to me, actually, haha!) but I never got the details as exactly as you pointed out here.

What stands out for me is how he pronounces the word "remember" ... never heard anything like that (since I am not a native speaker I am not familiar with all regional accents, though).

And yes, for me there`s no doubt that these Glenda tapes are fake. "Basement" at least should be convincing.
EXACTLY!! Also, on the tape, MJ said that Joe broke his arm. I don't remember Joe breaking MJ's arm.
I don't remember hearing that either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 06, 2010, 09:19:44 AM
According to their old neighbour, the Jacksons used to practice in their basement...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I believe the tapes are real.  I can't imagine why someone would fake such long phone calls with all those mundane details...not exactly earth shattering stuff on there.  I think it sounds just like Michael's voice back then.  Unfortunately it seems like almost everyone he trusted recorded his phone calls, so it's not really a stretch IMO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

May 06, 2010, 07:35:12 PM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
According to their old neighbour, the Jacksons used to practice in their basement...

I believe the tapes are real.  I can't imagine why someone would fake such long phone calls with all those mundane details...not exactly earth shattering stuff on there.  I think it sounds just like Michael's voice back then.  Unfortunately it seems like almost everyone he trusted recorded his phone calls, so it's not really a stretch IMO.

What's your thoughts about the rest of the tapes, the ones that we're not sure if they exist? There's supposed to be about 8 hours of phone conversations. Some fans say they've heard these tapes and some even own them! However, I don't know if that's all true, what do u think?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael talking to Glenda
September 08, 2010, 09:19:45 PM
From 1989 to 1992, Several private conversation between Michael and his friedn Glenda were recorded by Glenda's husbund who believed there was something between them.
Anyway it's rumored that in 2005, they(the tapes) came to light and could be used in the arivzo trial.
These are the transcripts.

Glenda Transcript: 1-4
The background story, as far as I’ve heard: Hansnews, the TMZ of their day, released audio conversations between Michael and a woman called Glenda and her family on March 29th, 2005, during Michael’s court trial. From what I’ve heard Glenda’s husband at the time, Sam, was the one responsible for taping and releasing these conversations.

Other stuff: the original transcriber of these tapes seemed to intentionally omit several details, one being Sam’s name which they turned into “Scott” and the other being specific details mentioned here. Possibly to help protect his identity and hide several other things? I’m not sure.

I = Inaudible, stuff that’s just too muffled to hear properly
[] = The stuff in brackets are the things that I’m not 100% sure was said

Retranscribed with Angie on the LSA boards

Tape: 1-4, rough guesstimate of date: June 27th 1992, Munich, Germany, state date of the Dangerous World Tour
Arriving in Munich:

Glenda: Hello?
Michael: Hey!
Glenda: Hey.
Michael: How you doing?
Glenda: Fine, how are you?
Michael: Oh, I’m doing very good.
Glenda: You sound real good.
Michael: Yeah. I’m having a great time.
Glenda: That’s wonderful. I bet you’re excited, huh?
Michael: Yeah I am, tonight’s the show!
Glenda: Are you all ready?
Michael: Yeah. I know, you know, I know it’s gonna be rough, we’re starting out a little rocky [but it’s starting to come along?]
Glenda: I can’t even imagine the excitement you must be feeling.
Michael: Girl, you know and, it’s, I’m still in America time, you know?
Glenda: Yeah?
Michael: But I’ve been so tired, we passed soundchecks today. It’s like God, I have a show to do!
Glenda: (laughs)
Michael: How was your trip?
Glenda: Oh it was just fine, it was very nice. So you, um- how long will the show be, how long does it last?
Michael: The show?
G: Yea.
M: Tonight?
Glenda: Yeah.
Michael: Well, a couple hours, a little longer than that you know. We’ve got a big crowd. It’s gonna have pyrotechnics and it’s gonna have… it’s gonna have a lot of, you know, stuff like that ’cause I looove that kind of stuff. And it’s gonna have illusions and it’s really exciting, I can’t wait.
Glenda: (chuckling while he talks)
Michael: I love it, I never wanna come home.
Glenda: (chuckle)
Michael: And you know I’m gonna feel [accepted? Exactly like that?] on stage. Especially when [all that (I) all over the place] Oh God, I love it! I love this. Yeah.
Glenda: That’s wonderful.
Michael: So excited
Glenda: I can hear it in your voice
Michael: I’m taking all (I) I’m doing my vocal exercises and stuff, [going to bed] and (I)
Glenda: Is your voice in top form?
Michael: Yeah!
Glenda: (clears throat) Are you feeling okay?
Michael: I’m feeling great. Feeling so good. You know, I was kinda a little bit skeptical when this (inaudible) but now that I’m here I can’t wait, I can’t wait!
Glenda: (laughter)
Michael: Can’t wait. I went, we went to this hospital, and we saw a lot of — we weren’t we weren’t– I been back and forth already [to Germany?] And we, um, were on this helicopter ride and it’s beautiful in this country. I mean there’s a lot of green, blue skies, lot of green. (I) And we saw this castle, it’s this Bevaria castle, you know?
G: uhuh
Michael: And it’s called Noo—Noo Sheee..sjdskdjaskj.. wooonnnn…. sheee… cheeee (trying to pronounce it, haha!) (He’s talking about Neuschwanstein Castle, it was the inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty castle)
Glenda: Yeah… Yeah.
Michael: And, and… yeah.
Michael and Glenda: (chuckle)
Michael: And King Ludwig used to rule there, he used to live there. They say he was a real loony toons. Like they said he was really strange, yeah
Glenda: Hold on. Hey! Go ahead. (another line? Someone says Hello in the background)
Michael: (mumble) I heard: (I) you hollering?
Glenda: come and find out (Glenda is talking to a person in the room again)
Michael: What?
Glenda: I’m talking to Kevin right now. He want’s to say hello to you. He hasn’t talked to you in awhile. (silence). Is that alright?
Michael: Yeah!
Glenda: Hold on
Michael: Michael is talking to someone in the room)..How you do that? (laughing)..I was gonna say “Bill, what are you talking about?”
Glenda: You can keep talking. He’s not here yet. (talking about Kevin, I guess).
Michael: Oh. But I get excited. I’m looking at my schedule and stuff. We’re gonna go to Berlin for (I), Cologne, that’s gotta be (I) and this place called Phantasialand.
Glenda: Really?
Michael: We’re gonna go to the zoo in Frankfurt. And we’re gonna go to the (inaudible). And I was hoping, I don’t know, but I don’t know what [days?].
Glenda: (laugh)
Michael: (presumably to someone in the background) I did, I really did!
G: Hello?
M: Hi.
G: Hi.
M: I’m gonna (I)
G: I don’t know what that means
M: that means, giggles, (I)
G: uh huh
M: what was the next (I)
M: I said hello and (I) (both laugh) Yea, [Schwarzee? Foreign word] I like that
G: What’s that mean again?
M: It means, [Schwarzee word] means (I anyone catch that?) Schwarzee (I)
G: oh, that sounds nice.
M: we have this MTV here but it’s 2 years old
G: oh really? Oh
M: yeah, it’s really weird though. Have you ever been to [London?]
G: Yeah
M: They’re like, you know, as far as LA is concerned they’re like 2 years behind
G: No
M: Yea, they’re 2 years ahead of us. And even in Germany, they’re, it’s different. The girls are (I)
G: Really?
M: yeah they are.
G: When we went to South Africa it was like, our clothing was about 3 years ahead of y’know the United States. Then we came back our clothing was ahead of everybody. Then they caught up about 3 years later.
M: Isn’t that weird?
G: yeah it was (laughs) it was weird.
M: Have you had a nice time (I)?
G: yeah, hello? (laughs)
M: good, (I) gutt?
G: it was very nice, very relaxing (romantic?)
M: Really?
G: laughs
M: did you see the card that I sent to Sam?
Glenda: Yes, I did. It was very sweet. He liked it.
Michael: (Inaudible) [He was good to me?]
Glenda: Well yeah, you haven’t talked to him in ages. He’s been gone a lot, though. He’s gone every night.
Michael: (I) I do, I love [being gone from the states] laughs
M:Yeah I do, laughs. (I) You know what’s really weird? I was just telling (I static goes up)
Glenda: Okay.
Michael: Today and yesterday, like on the top of your head, like on the right side,
M: been getting a really sharp pain and they go away. And it was a really, really sharp pain.
Glenda: Have you ever had those before?
Michael: No. No, I haven’t… I mean, I had them earlier, tonight and then [like yesterday]
Glenda: Maybe you’re just tired
Michael: I never had that before.
G: Never?
M: No, no. But then they go away. But they’re real sharp pains, just like on the very top of my head on the right side.
Glenda: Oh.
Glenda and Michael: (Inaudible, ich?)haven’t had it, haven’t had it
Glenda: Are you taking your medicine?
Michael: Yeah.
Glenda: Are you eating?
Michael: …Yeah.
Michael: We have this thing, it’s a (inaudible). We had them in London (he pronounces it so British, it’s cute), I didn’t, I didn’t taste it- EAGHH. Actually, when I heard it, I heard about it a long time ago. Did you see the movie King Ralph?
Glenda: No.
Michael: There was this pastry out in London in stuff, and it’s called a Spotted *dick*.
Michael and Glenda: (both laughing)
Michael: It looks good.
Glenda: Sounds terrible! (laughs)
M: (In British accent repeats) “would you like a spotted dick?”
G: Laughing..that’s funny
M: Laughing..”Would you like a spotty dick”?
G: It sounds interesting.
M: I don’t think so.
M & G laughing
-there u can find even the audio

Glenda Transcript 2-1
I’m not positive, but I think this is before he leaves on the Dangerous tour…probably 1992 Spring or early summer

G: Because I didn’t know what I had done.
M: She would get (i) with you?
G: Angry at me.
M: Oh
G: Because I didn’t know what I had done and I would just stare at her, I would just look at her without emotion because she was getting angry…and getting in my face, and I was thinking, “I am not going to let you know how much you are upsetting me right now.” So, “I’m not going to show you an emotion, I’m not going to show you what you’re doing to me, (I’m not gonna cry)” And so after she would leave, and then I would go in my room and close the door and then I would have a reaction. I was trying to analyze why I don’t react. And I think that’s the reason, because I learned a long time ago – Don’t Show Reaction.
M: Don’t show emotions and don’t show feelings.
G: Right. Don’t let that person see your reaction. Don’t let that person see your emotions, see what they’re doing to you…analyzing and….(i)

(CUT IN TAPE)

M: So
G: Probably, cause, you know, I was thinking um…. Remember when um, I remember one night you called me real late.
M: Um huh
G: you were upset. I think you were crying. I know you were crying on the phone because you didn’t want me to read that book that the Tarroborelli had written.
M: yeh
G: I didn’t like that book either, and you didn’t want me to read it…(I) cause one night you called up and you were all upset, you didn’t want me to read it.
M: Right
G: Were you just waiting to get to know me better before you encouraged me to read that book?
M: I didn’t think you would understand me and I didn’t think you would have waited for that
M: Then I got to know you better and I thought you’d understand (whispering) it’s about (I)
G: …..not a word.
M: Because it was like..we just had to know each other and um, I didn’t want you to know some SHIT. And I thought I , you know, I was real close, like you’re a very good friend…that close. And I didn’t want to lose that. I didn’t want you to misunderstand the book. Then I felt like “we got so close..it’s ok.”
G: So that’s why you said it was ok I read the book?
M: Yeh..(whispering)..i t involved (I). A lot of things have happened (i) book.. Well. See..you don’t understand, you can’t empathize because you haven’t been there.
G: No, That’s true.
M: But, like……um we can go over this for days and its not even

CUT IN TAPE

G: I just wanted you to know that um, I sensed your loneliness and I had sensed that you had somebody that didn’t want anything [from you] that you could at least talk to.
M: Somebody brave who accepted me no matter (cut in tape)……life. When I was a child, I wasn’t allowed to go to people’s houses like..
G: Never?
M: You read that in Toya’s book and Tarraborellis book. We could not socialize with other children (cut in tape)…but now it’s like a setback.

(CUT IN TAPE)

M: Tell me! Which video ..Black or White, Remember the Time, In the Closet and Bad…Which one do you like the best?
G: I told you that the other night!
M: Which one?
G: Huh?
M: Which one?
G: Which one?
M: yeh
G: (Cut in Tape,) then I like Remember the Time and then I like Jam.
M: You like living “In the Closet” best (laughing)
G: Yeh..Which one do you like?
M: I like Remember the Time. I like Jam..It was real fun doing it with Michael..I liked Remember the Time.. but I had the most fun doing Jam out of all of them.
G: You looked like you were having fun.
M: Yeh, I had fun with Naomi, but, I (whisper) hate doing that. (Laughing)
G: What?
M: She’s a sweetheart. She’s a (I). But, I had the most fun when we were in Chicago doing Jam. I had FUN with Jam.
G: Yeh, it looked like you were having fun.
M: Laughing
G: I liked the way, at the end, where you get down on the floor you were trying to arrange his feet.
M: Laughing
G: Laughing
M: Oh God. You didn’t see the making of Jam?
G: Uh Uh
M: It was so funny, because I was on the floor, right.
G: Uh Huh
M: And he put the basketball on my head and he was holding me down on the floor.
G: No! Laughing
M: Laughing…He’s so big compared to me.
G: cause you’re so small.
M: What?
G: Cause you’re so small.
M: I know. And it was so funny because we’re laying down on the floor in the video, the actual video..and uh..I was trying to make him move his feet. GOD..he was like so stiff.
M: (IN DEEP VOICE) “Yeh, Yeh..That’s It Yeh”..yeh right.
M: Hold on one second, please? Ok
G: OK

(CUT IN TAPE)

G: What else did Heavy D write.
M: Heavy D did, um, the tune with Janet (cut in tape)……..Cab Calloway..Yeh, had to be the overweight level…with guy.(he’s talking about Janet’s Alright Then released in 1990)
G: Was he in her video?
M: Yeh
G: with the one with Cab Calloway in it?
M: Yeh. (In Deep Voice, very cute) Heavy D the overweight Lovaaaaaa
G: Oh…I don’t remember that.
M: yeh. I like Heavy D..He’s sweet.
G: Huh!!
M: And he worked with Teddy Riley, you know, Teddy Riley, that guy. He said “First I cooled it like a fan. Got with Janet, then with Guy, then with Michael, cause it aint too hard for me to Jam” (lyrics from Jam)
(CUT IN TAPE)
M: I took them off for a minute, I waved to the girls in the balcony and I said “this is for the girls in the balcony” and I took them off and I put them back on. That was hard..I didn’t want to do it.
G: How, uh when did you start wearing glasses, sunglasses all the time?
M: I wear shades for years. You know, I wear shades because…like, like Mr. D said..and it’s true. Your eyes..when you show someone your eyes, you let them look thru your soul. I didn’t want anyone to look into my soul.
G: Coughing
M: Ya know..I didn’t want anybody to see that about me. And there’s a lot of pain and stuff and I’m very scared.
G: But, on the Dangerous album, it’s all of you. Laughing
M: (I)..You really don’t understand..Do you?
G: No I don’t.
M: Take a look at those eyes.
G: They’re beautiful eyes…(I) hiding from your face?
M: That was a mask/mat of tate/tape
G: What does that mean?
M: That was…it’s like.. if someone, it’s like. (long pause)..it’s like, you see someone’s eyes, or you draw a painting of those eyes. It’s like..Did you ever see me on the cover of BAD?
G: I…Are you asking me if I’ve seen the cover of BAD?
M: Yeh
G: Yeh
M: I had light contacts on and that was all airbrushed. When you see me on Dangerous, that’s all airbrushed. That’s some airbrushing.
G: Your eyes?
M: Yeh..I don’t look that perfect.
G: Laughing..um ok..Laughing..Don’t lie, I’m just (I).
M: It’s airbrushing.
G: Oh, Ok..Is there a reason you just showed your eyes and not the rest of your face?
M: Because I was suppose to be like a “vision into my soul”…looking into my soul.
G: Is that what it was?
M: It was airbrushed.
G: cool..ok..

(CUT IN TAPE )

M: To tell you honestly what Elizabeth and I talked about…She got so “F’d” up (I)[behind?] hurt and about being a child star…and I was so screwed up and whatever you want to call it [behind me?] I swear to you (I) cause I do hide
G: Long pause….You hide?
M: those look my eyes and stuff like that, but they are just airbrushed. When you see someone on the cover of a magazine. Like Vogue or Rolling Stones, or whatever you call it, it’s AIRBRUSHED..You want it to look perfect.
G: (I)
M: Well sure it does, of course. But, it’s like…If I was a top person, ya know, like “Jen Brad?? Jim Brett? Or somebody like that..Let’s say..You’re going to be on the cover of Rolling Stones (I) ..You look like (I). You would look perfect. No matter what you have wrong with you…That’s how it is in the business. You have to look perfect.
G: Well, you did look perfect on that one picture on the cover of Rolling Stone where you had your hands up and your head down.. That’s a great picture. I noticed you don’t look at the camera?
M: Cause I don’t want people to ….(.long quiet pause) …soul… I don’t want people to look thru my soul.. I say on the Dangerous album……

Glenda Transcript 2-2
(This part seems to be after Dangerous is released in 1991/early 92)

Michael: [That] I’m lonely and stuff. I say that on a lot of tunes.
Glenda: You say it in that um,– and I love that song,– Who Is It.
Michael: [Don't you know that I am lonely? I say that
Michael: I say that in a lot of songs. I say it in, um, Will You Be There.
Glenda: You also say "don't be judging".
Michael: I say what?
Glenda: "Don't be judging" at the end of Who Is It.
Michael: Yeh, Don’t be, Don’t be, Don’t be judging..
Michael: You know I thought when I first started talking to you—there’s a real sense of close. “She’s not gonna be a dim wit”
Michael: You know..And it’s like GOD, “she understands me. She hasn't been through what I been through. I mean, she has, but... She doesn't like gossip”. There is no judgment there.
Glenda: Well, I thought you were drawn to me because, um, you realized-- that I was very protective at first.
Michael: I was drawn to you because you were very accepting of me. You were accepting. And interest..intri
Glenda: What is that?
Michael: Interesting intri…
Glenda: intrigued?
Michael: Intriqued interest
Glenda: En... eccentric?
Michael: Interest
Glenda: What??
Michael: Intracentric
Glenda: I don't even know that word!
Michael: Nevermind then. You know, like I said. (“If you don’t have money, you’re called queer, If you have money, you're called ("eccentric" word again). If...
Michael: And I thought, You know, you just accepted me no matter what.
Glenda: I did! And I do! I still do.

(CUT IN TAPE)

(This part seems to take place sometime during the Bad tour)

Michael: The other day, after my video came out,.. I don't know what happened. They kicked me out of the trailer with my own band and stuff. And I'm on tour and stuff. Travelling with my (I) people and stuff like that. And..--. “Who was that”?---ya know, it was like-- I don't associate with them. Only if there’s a rehearsal, or I have to be on stage. When we’re back in the hotel room. I don't associate, really, with those people.
Glenda: Not any of them?
Michael: No, I don't associate with them. I stay off to myself.
Glenda: Why? Isn’t there anybody you could be real close to?
Michael: No. I feel uncomfortable- It’s like… okay, this is my band, we got Michael here, we got so-and-so."
Glenda: (Started, interrupted by Michael)
Michael: We got Sheryl, we got, you know, Jennifer. And, I just don't associate with people.
Glenda: Do you, um? Okay. Maybe is it hard for you to (sigh) to be so open?
Michael: I just--
Glenda: In a way, In a way, and to be looking at someone in the face or having someone look at you in the face cause you don’t want them to….cause
Michael: You know what, I don't want them to get close and I don’t want them to see in my soul. And then I deal with this anorexia thing, …I feel sad..
Glenda: Don't, Michael. You look really good. (Silence) You look really good.
Michael: (After a silence- very low, strained) I don't look good. I (I)
Glenda: (I)

(CUT IN TAPE)

(Sometime after Latoya posed for Playboy)

Michael: Joseph used to beat us all the time and... (inaudible)dance… would.... He would, he would just ..get to me. And I bought into that, he was like, "Oh you put on a few pounds." The only thing that I could control in my life, what with Motown... 'cause they tell you- in the interviews, when we used to go on Carson or Mike Douglas or whatever back then, when we used to do interviews as the Jackson Five, you know when you're in this kind of business they kinda like, they like…ok girl.... "Do you have a girlfriend?" "No." Do this… You know got, it’s like, they dictate to you everything. What you wear, what you sing. 'Cause back then we weren't allowed to sing our own stuff and do our own stuff. They dictate to you what you can wear... If you're on an interview, if you're going on Carson, "This is what you say, this is what don't say." The only control I had over my life was eating. I had no control. We had no control. *clears throat* I didn't, I didn't... I wasn't like my brothers. People, they're angry and they take it out on others. I was angry and hurt, and I took it out on myself. And being brought up with Joseph and stuff like that.. when we were rehearsing on 2300- where we used to live. It’s like, If I danced wrong, if I sang the wrong note, I'd get the hell beat out of me, I'd get thrown in the basement. So instead of taking that out on other people, I withdrew and I'd take it out on myself. There was nothing I could control in my life but my eating. And Joseph told me, "Oh, you're so black, oh you have such a big nose."
Glenda: He told you you were black?
Michael: Yes. When I was little. "You look so black, you don't look like my child. Your nose is so big" and this and that. They used to call me Big Nose and stuff. And instead of retaliating on them, I just did it with myself.
Glenda: Michael? Are you happy with your face?
Michael: Yeah. I'm happy with my face and stuff.
Glenda: Are you happy you did all that surgery?
Michael: Yeah. Because I don't wanna look like “(I)”[like that? Like him?]
Glenda: Well, you don’t? (laughs)
Michael: I mean, people tell me, “Oh, yeah, you’re really Janet”. Or “Oh, (low voice) before LaToya posed nude.” Sayin’ “Toya and you is the same person and stuff.”
Glenda: Who said that? (laughs)
Michael: Oh, god, it was in the media!
Glenda: That’s just bad.
Michael: Toya even wrote that in Playboy. She said, “Well, at least I can put the rumor to rest that Michael and I aren’t the same person.”
Glenda: (Laughs)
Michael: And showin’ her breasts and stuff like that. Then they say, “Janet and Michael are the same person.”
Glenda: (chuckle) That’s crazy.

Glenda Transcript 2-3
Michael’s 33 in this conversation so it’s sometime September 1991 -1992

G: You know that photograph with Janet that you brought over here, how old was she? Is that Janet and Randall and who’s that other lady? You probably don’t know which picture I’m talking about, huh?
M: Janet, Janet was real little. She was about, um, that was when Janet was on the Good Times show
G: Oh
M: Janet must have been… [I don’t know, how old she was, mother could probably tell] I don’t know
G: Is that Randy next to Janet?
M: Yea, with the gold jacket?
G: Yeah.
M: Yeah, that’s Randy.
G: okay and there’s another lady with them
M: (What other lady?) Glenda laughs. It’s was like… you know, girl, it was like… my brothers and (I)
G: All of them? [I guess they’re not as sensitive as you are]
M: Randy grew up in it because Randy, Randy’s been really through a lot, okay? And Randy grew up with Joseph telling him – ‘cause Randy was the youngest boy and you know I been performing since I was five and Randy had to stay home with the girls. Be with Rebbie, Latoya, Janet as a baby, and had to be with mother. Joseph always told Randy “you’re not good enough, you don’t have talent.”
G: He told him that?
M: Yeah
G: But he was so little!
M: Yeah. And then we y’know tried to bring Randy into the group and he felt like he was like, when Jermaine left, when Jermaine decided to stay with Motown and we went on to Epic and stuff – and Randy was always told he was a filler. I remember we did this show. It was called the Jacksons, The Jacksons Five or something like that Show. And I will never forget this. Randy was like nine years old. He was on the congos. This was his first appearance on television. So we had a live audience and stuff. It was on ABC. It was a live audience and stuff like that and we were doing, I don’t remember which number it was, but Randall was, he was on the congos and stuff. Joseph was like the tyrant.
G: and how old were you?
M: well, let’s see. Randy’s 30 now and I’m like 33.
G: So you were…
M:I was like 12. Then Joseph got on, “what the fuck happened to you?”
M: Yeah, like when I got close to Mr B and stuff (I’m guessing Berry Gordy) Mr B would kiss me and hug me and stuff like that. He’s like, “what’s up wid you, man?” You know he [Joseph] wouldn’t say anything to Mr B really, but Mr B would have gone off.
G: Tell him that he was (I)
M: Yes, Joseph never used to hug us! Mother did
G: what about that other child that he has?
M: silence, Jon Vonnie?
M: Oh yeah, he doesn’t have any problem, he never had any problem showing– He hugged her and stuff, I never could understand that.
G: That is bizarre. That’s really bizarre
M: why is that, girl?
G: I don’t know!
M: Jackie, I mean, Jackie got it the worse because Jackie was the oldest boy, and Rebbie I think got it. And—
G: You mean “got it,” you mean like the beatings or?
M: yeah and sexual (static noise goes RIGHT up, cut in tape?)
G: What?
M: But Jackie was used to get it the worse
G: that’s terrible. But weren’t you kind of the spunky one? I mean, didn’t I read where you threw a shoe at his head or something?
M: yeah, I was the one who would fight back when I was little. He’d try to beat me and stuff like that. You know, if I sang the wrong – I didn’t do something right or I did the wrong dance step, you know the wrong move. And I would argue back and I would fight back.
G: And all of your big brothers just sit there and watch?
M: yeah, they were scared of him. And I threw a show at him and stuff.
M: and I’d run like HELL! And he couldn’t catch me, you know?
M: And then when I went to sleep and stuff ‘cause, we you know, we were (I)
G: (something bangs, muffling noises) Hold on, I was trying to take these jeans off and I dropped the phone, I’m sorry, laughs
M: (Can I get into them?)
G: laughs, No wait a minute, I’m going to pick them up off the floor. Hold on, okay, go ahead.
M: Okay, My brothers used to say I was crazy. And I was little. And I would always fight Joseph back, and oh my god, I would get my ass beat. And then I used to run and I threw a show at him and run like hell.
M: and he knocked me down on the floor one time ‘cause we were rehearsing in our living room. I did somethin’ wrong. He knocked the MESS out of me. And we were supposed to perform somewhere the next day. And he knocked me down so hard, I lost the wind, I lost my wind, right? And I was just little
G: Mhm
M: so I got up, I was so serious. They talk about me being conceited now, you know?
G: Mhm.
M: I got up and I was crying and stuff. And I said, “Joseph, if you hit me again. I’m not performing!”
M: he’s like, “what the fuck did you say?”
G: (gasps)
M: I’m like, “You hit me again, Joseph” – and I couldn’t, I wasn’t even nine years old, I was probably just about seven. I said, Joseph if you hit me again and I was crying my eyes out, I said if you hit me again I am NOT performing.
G: sympathetic sigh
M: And he left me alone. I said I’m not doing the show! He said, “don’t you know I will kick your MF ass! And all this and that,” and I got up, the wind was knocked out of me. And I said, you hit me again and I won’t perform. And he knew I was the star performer. laughs
G: haha, yeah really!
M: and he didn’t hit me
G: well, you had some leverage there (laughs)
M: My brothers used to say, “Mike you crazy man, you crazy.” And then when I would go to sleep at night he would see that I was scared. He would be banging on our windows and stuff and open the windows like he was going to break in and stuff
G: That’s horrible, that’s an awful thing for-
M: You read about that in the book, you read it.
G: oh, Michael it’s been a while since I’ve read that book, I don’t remember everything.
M: He used to scare us when we was little. When we were asleep and we had to get up early in the mornings. We had to have rehearsals before we went to school. God, and he banged on the windows and we looked out the windows and he had a monster mask on (G gasps) and “Mother, mother, mother, there’s a monster!”
G: how horrible
M: and we’d get in trouble for crying
G: that’s awful. That’s really sick and twisted. I can’t even relate to somebody that does stuff like that. But it didn’t affect your brother’s the same way it did you, huh?
M:Welll… (silence)I seen my brothers, you know, when we were travelling and stuff and doing the circuit and all that. Joseph would be in another room messing with a girl and it was obvious they were having sex
M: I know… but I didn’t wanna tell mother, and Marlon and I didn’t wanna tell them but.. all my brothers kind of just… did the same thing, so, Joseph…
G: Are any of your brothers still married? Or isn’t everybody married right now?
M: well, they broke up but, Marlon and Carol have been, they’re trying to work it out. I admire Carol because Marlon was gonna divorce her but she still wanted to make it work
G: And Jermaine, what is he doing?
M: Oh GOD…
M: I remember, like I told you before, when Marlon and I had to share a room with Jermaine and Bill was asleep. Jermaine would have girls up there all the time screwing and stuff. I always (said I’d never ??) Marlon said the same thing. I felt so guilty when we used to home from the circuit and stuff before we made it, y’know we used to do the club circuits and stuff. I felt so guilty, and I just cried and Joseph choked me, almost broke my arm one day. But he was proud of it. It’s like, (joseph’s voice) “Oh, this is what you should do, boy.” I mean, he didn’t say that but he was screwin’ women in the other room and stuff.
G: What an awful thing to witness. From your father, your role model. (sighs) Especially doing stuff to your mom. What an awful thing.
M: Mother would say when we came home, she and the girls would be in there you know, waitin’ back at the house and all happy, joseph’s back!. Joseph would come home, so glad to see mother. It’d just make me sick. And then Jackie and everyone, they started doing that. I told this girl – Jackie saw her when we were on stage (I). I told this girl, I said, “Don’t go with Jackie.” He found out and he went backstage and stuff and I said, “Don’t go with him, please don’t go with him.” She’s like, “Why?” I said, “Please don’t go with him, he’s gonna hurt you.” So, she went. She met him. She was a virgin. And he had sex with her and stuff like that. And in the limo, we were in the limo. And they were gonna take this girl home. Like, I said, “Why did you do that? Why you didn’t just listen to me? Why did you do that? Why did you go with him?” And she was just crying. I said, “Did he hurt you?” and she said, “No. But he told me after we had sex that he never wanted to see me again.” I said, “why did you go with him? I told you backstage don’t go with him.”

Glenda Transcript 2-4
Sometime when he’s in Germany in June, 1992, during his Dangerous World Tour

G: So has your family not been together since Mothers day? (or: So does your family not get together today for fathers day?}
M: I don’t know, I don’t know
G: You just got that phone call and that was it?
M: I know mother–

AUDIO CUT

M: (in posh English accent) Would you like a spotted dick? (it’s an English dessert)
G: Sounds interesting, Laughing
M: I don’t think so.
G:Laughs
M: My commercial’s running now (Pepsi Dreams commercial I’m guessing)
G: What commercial?
M: (i) [Dreams?]
G: Is it?
G: I haven’t seen it, is it here?
M: Oh no, you won’t see it in the states.
G:Why?
M:Laughing
G:Laughs Why?
M:Would you (I)
G: Yes
M: (I) I’m not really that important/ involved at this stage except for the fact that I was y’know in it/did it. It almost means nothing now. I hear: {M: I’m not really that important (I) fact. I’m not really looking forward to going to the states , except for the fact; that I was, ya know, on stage. Cause when I’m on stage, nothing matters.}
G:No I guess not. But that’s your decision, isn’t it?
M:Well, yknow (I). There’s not very many black people here
G:No?
M: No.
G: You know the German women really like black men.
M: Yeah so do the women over in at (I)
G: Is it?
M: Yeah. Black men aren’t really allowed to be there really. They don’t appreciate black men
G: laughing
M: Yeah but their women like the black men though, laughs
M:(I) And it snowed here, flying over (I) So green and so brilliant and beautiful.
G: Sounds lovely!
M: I get so (I)
G Really?
M: I guess I have a lot more (I)
G: I guess
G: So how long will you be there?
M: Well until the 25th is the schedule
G: Hold on. Ok?
M: (I)today, then after that I’m gonna be in Cologne July 11th… still there?
M: Cologne till July 11th
M: Gonna be in Frankfurt on August 28th
G: okay
M: gonna be in Stuttgart on the 7th
G: Is it S T U G
M: S T U
G: G?
No, S T U T T G A R T Stuttgart and that will be on August 30th, (I’m skipping my birthday). Then I will be in Berlin on September 6th. Then I will be in GE — GE—-
G: Laughing Go on
M: Let me spell it. G E L S T no I’m sorry G E L S E N
G:Oh wait a minute here we go, G E L S E N
M: K I R C H E N (Gelsenkirchen is a city in Germany, but he didn’t play there) September 6th
G: okay
M: That’s what I’ve got for now
G: Okay. That’s what you’ve got for now. Good that sounds exciting for you
M: So that’s my schedule.
G:You sound so wonderful. You sound better than I’ve ever heard you.
M: (Giggles) I’m not, well, you know this is how [I really am ask my brothers???]
G: I guess
M: and I’ve got the Hese—hesevonsin–
M:Hese- it’s a hospital
G: What’s it called?
M:It’s called Hesuit-Hersuits H E R Z then the next letter is J E S U Khron- Khronosinhouse hospital K R A N K E N H A U S (the German word for hospital is Krankenhaus which is what I think he’s trying to spell out! I googled and found a Herz Jesu hospital, maybe that was what he was talking about?)
G: Good grief, that’s a hospital? laughing
M: Yes
G: laughing Okay
G:What do you do? Do you visit children there?
M: Yea. Yea I’m going to
G: Well, they showed you on MTV, they showed you on (Monday?)
M: When was this? The other day?
G: oh yeah it was when I was with Lynette
M: Oh really? You saw it?
G: Yeah you cut your hair
M: Oh I trimmed it. I trimmed it a little.
G: Anyway, You look swell
M: What?
G: You look swell.
M: Oh thank you
M: (I)I know about (I)
M: (I)concerts, you know a lot of stuff and then (I)
G: I’m sure you’ll be perfect. You’ve put a lot into this, It’s gonna be perfect
M:Yeah I know but it always takes a little time [to do? Get into?]
G: There’s a part when you, there’s a part in Jam, when you, um, I think it’s when you catch the ball-
Michael: Don’t tell me…
Glenda: (Laughs) What?
Michael: I look like Janet.
Glenda: Nooo! (laughs)
Michael: Oh.
Glenda: I was gonna say you just like, you have a very vulnerable look on your face. (laughing)
Michael: When I catch the ball?
Michael: And I’m smilin’, right?
Glenda: No, not really. No, you’re not really smiling. No, you don’t look like you’re smiling, you look king of lost. Really lost.
Michael: Okay, it’s not the frame that I was thinking of.
Glenda: No. It’s towards the beginning.
Michael: Oh, yeah. You mean when I was with Michael and- I look confused or something?
Glenda: When somebody throws you the ball and you catch it, you just have a real off look on your face.
Michael: Did you like the video?
Glenda: Yeah. I do like the video, I like it a lot.
Michael: I remember when you called me (I), excited.
Glenda: Yeah?
Glenda: Do you talk to a lot of people on the phone?
Michael: No, why?
Glenda: I was just wondering.
Michael: Why would you ask that?
Glenda: I just wondered if you did. (Laughs) Oh, I read, um, I got a magazine to read on the plane. I bought Us magazine, and there was a couple of poems in there, I guess from your book, and there was a picture of you with a veil over your face
Glenda: Yeah. And then there was another one but I don’t remember. About a baby looking at his mother’s face or something. I was really very taken with the Ryan White one.
Michael: Oh, they got a really, really a lot of nice drawings that I do. Some nice photographs and stuff.
Glenda: And there’s a couple of pictures, besides the picture of you with a veil over your face, there’s a picture of you standing with your black jeans and your redshirt and your hat. And then there’s a picture of-
Michael: There’s pictures of paintings that I did, too?
Glenda: Oh. Well, not in this magazine that I got.
Michael: Oh.
Glenda: I was talking about US magazine. And there’s a picture of you sitting. Just sitting. Yeah. It’s fun ‘cause it’s (i)??- it’s nice. It’s a nice picture.
M: Well, I hope you like the book
G: I’m sure I will
M: That’s what I was going to give (I)
G: Oh? That would be nice
G: Yeah they asked about you.
M: [Asked what?]
G: Yea. Scooter said to me, when I got back, “Did you see Michael on television?” (laughing)
and I said “Yea”.

(CUT IN TAPE)

M: This is what I wrote describing music. “People ask me how I make music. I tell them I just step into it. It’s like stepping into a river and joining the flow. Every moment in the river has it’s song. So I stay in the moment and listen.”
Glenda: “In the moment” what?
Michael: “I stay in the moment and listen.”
Glenda: Oh, I see. Oh, that’s beautiful, Michael. When did you do all of this?
Michael: [I wrote this poem over at, I just collected, I’ve been doing a lot. I’ve been writing poems for always. I got something for you that I wrote] (I)
Glenda: Yeah, that would be very nice
Michael: Yeah. (i). It says (Inaudible something style?) I love you, it says a lot.
Glenda: It does?
Michael: Yeah, it does.
Glenda: When did you write it?
Michael: I wrote this about- Oh! Guess what?
Glenda: What?
Michael: Guess what I got. (chocolate butterscotch!! Mmm).
Glenda: (gasps loudly) Did you really??
Michael: Yeah, I did!
Glenda: [Do you like it?] (laughs)

Glenda Transcript 2-5
Jacksons: An American Dream is coming up so I assume this conversation is sometime in the fall, 1992

M: I listen to what you say.
Glenda: Oh.
Michael: [something something and advise?]
Glenda: Oh my god! (laughs)
Michael: Yes, I do that
Glenda: Huh?
Michael: I do that, I pay attention. More so than you think I do.
Michael: Mhm.
Glenda: Oh. (laughs)
Michael: I do that (I) Oh, you wanna go get your tape?}
Glenda: (laughing) I’ve got it right here
Michael: You got it? Really?
Glenda: ‘Kay, wait a minute, hold on.
Michael: (i) [got something to tell you] (laughing) It’s gross (laughing) I don’t want to tell you.
Glenda: What is it NOW? What is this- oh, is it something to do with the hospital?
Michael: Nooo. It’s something to do with Bill.
Glenda: With Bill?
Michael: And Randy. Randall and Kathy, God. Well, Randy already knows, because he had a huge problem with Bill before. It’s gross, I don’t want to tell you (laughing)
Glenda: Oh, come on! What is this? Okay, this is Bill Bray right?
Michael: Yeah, Bill!
Glenda: Okay. What did he do, what’s he doing?
Michael: Everytime, everytime he gets up…
Glenda: (laughing) Come on, man, it can’t be that gross!
Michael: It happens everytime. Everytime, this has been going on for years. (laugh)
Glenda: (laugh) Really?
Michael: (i) stay in the room. ).
Glenda: I heard: Glenda: Is he in the room?
Michael: Oh, he’s getting ready to get in the shower. Everytime, everytime even when we were little kids. Bill, I tell you how he snores he (makes a loud snoring noise).
Glenda: I know you, told me! (laugh)
Michael: Everytime, everytime, girl, the first thing he does…(laughing)
Glenda: Oh no! What?
Michael: (still laughing)
Glenda and Michael: (both laugh)
Glenda: Come on! What does he do?
Michael: He’ll wake up, go bursting outta bed, and he farts real loud! (laughing)
Glenda: (gasps) Are you serious?
Michael: (laughing) Yes.
Glenda: Why?
Michael: He’s been doing this for years. I don’t know. I said, “You better check this, I think there’s something wrong with you, Bill.”
Glenda: (laughing)
Michael: But when he opens his eyes, he’ll stretch and he’ll wake up. “Michael, you awake?” “Yeah, I been, man…”
Glenda: That’s the worst, Michael!
Michael: (laughing)
Glenda: Oh my god, what a turn off. How do you stand it?
Michael: (laughing- just so you know, even if this isn’t really him, it’s a DARN CUTE laugh)
Glenda: (laughing with him)
Michael: He’s always had that problem.
Glenda: (laugh) I hope it’s just in the morning!
Glenda: It’s not like an all-day thing…
Michael: (laugh- SO CUTE) Nooo…
Michael and Glenda: (still laughing…)
Glenda: So funny!
Michael: And we used to tease him when we were little boys and stuff like that. We used to share a room with him, me and Marlon. First thing he did in the morning, he farted reeaal loud. Oh god we were like, “Clear the room, clear the room!”
Michael: He STILL does it. I haven’t been on tour with him for a long time. We like, “Oh my gooood, Bill!”
Glenda: How funny! Oh my god.
Michael: It’s gross
That IS gross, that’s the worst.
Michael: I know when he’s awake, every time I’d be playing asleep. “Michael? Joker, joker are you awake? Hey, joker?” I go (loud fart noise)] (Joker was Bill Bray’s nickname for Michael).
Glenda and Michael: (laughter)
Glenda: That is funny.
Michael: My god, he trying to kill me
Glenda: That’s very funny. (laugh) Well, I guess when you’re in close quarters with somebody like that…
Michael: You got to be LOUD and stuff?
Glenda and Michael: (laugh)
Glenda: Yeah…
Michael: (i) [gas now, it's gas, yeah yeah].
Michael: (I)

**********Assuming this was cut, too. Doesn’t fit will Bill’s gaseous problems.***********

Glenda: Hold on a second. No, I really can’t Michael. I can’t understand.
Michael: It’s just like, I’m being totally open.
G: I guess that’s when you’re the most comfortable

M: Yes, I would like to die on stage. (I) The most (I) because I can be no matter who I am, I can still jam, I can be (I), just do dance, just pour out my heart. God.
Glenda: (giggle) Yeah.
Michael: You know this special’s coming up pretty soon.
Glenda: which one?
Michael: The Jackson special (talking about the Jacksons: An American Dream produced by Jermaine, aired November 15, 1992)
Glenda: Oh, really??
Michael: Yeah…
Glenda: When’s it gonna come on?
Michael: It’s coming on in the fall.
Glenda: Yeah? Well I’m going to watch that for sure
Michael: Yeah, the little boy’s such a good entertainer. But for me to have to sit there and watch it while everyone is there, I don’t know, it’s just going to bring back all these memories
G:I’m sure it will
M: I’m really (scared?) and God what if I (I)
G: I know the feeling
M: The things and the people that touch your lives(I)..Which is sad, cause of course they’re not going to tell everything
G: No.

(CUT IN TAPE)

M: Latoya’s saying all this and that, Latoya upsetting you
G: I tell you Latoya and I went around and around
M: laughing
Glenda: God, I remember that and she said what do you want and I said, well what do you want? We want back and forth and then finally she said she told me what she said, she said “I want it to end” and I said, “Well, you’re not gonna get that, Latoya.” Funny, she wanted to meet us, she wanted us to meet-
Michael: I know! Her and her…
Michael:….hit man, hit man boyfriend.
Glenda: Yeah. (laugh)
Michael: I was going to say nigger

(CUT IN TAPE)

Glenda: Oh we have lovely memories as well. I love the memory I have with Janet. I remember one day I was walking down to go to home. It was after five, it was all gray and, like, rainy (i) He said, “Glenda, Jan is on the line.” And I got on the phone and she says, “Glenda, you gotta do this, you gotta play this joke on Michael.”
Michael: (inaudible, laughter)
Glenda: I go, “What? I dunno if I should do this, you know, he might freak out or something.” “No, you gotta do this, you gotta play this joke on him.” That was fun.
Michael: (laughing) I remember. I got you real good too girl.. with that whip.. sour cream and stuff. That was the night I was going to come over there and we had the kids screaming
Glenda: Everybody was screaming!
Michael: Your husband was screaming! You, I said well, (in low voice) “I, I can’t make it tonight, I’m really tired.” And he got off (her jacket?) and started (I)Glenda: (laugh)
Michael: And I said “HIKE” and then they couldn’t even tell I was throwing them. It was so funny.
Glenda: Oh, I shoulda known you were doing that.
Michael: Oh, you were so pissed!
Glenda: Yes, I was! (i) [gone through?] a lotta trouble.
Michael: You were mad. You were madder than that woman that had a nappy natural couldn’t pick it out with a comb – you were so mad!
Glenda: (laugh) Or when you called me and told me that you were gonna get married. I thought that I had given you all the wrong advice, I thought, “Oh my god!”
Michael and Glenda: (Loud laughter)
Michael: I forgot all about that!
Glenda: “What did I saaay?! I didn’t mean to!” Yeah, we done a lot in this short period of time, haven’t we?
Michael: Yeah. That was funny now that I think about it, at the time,

(TAPE CUT)

Glenda: And you both cried at the end.
Michael: And you- What?
Glenda: You both cried at the end of it
Michael: Yeah. I didn’t wanna watch, I told you it was gonna be like that
Glenda: Yeah. Why does it make you cry?
Michael: ‘Cause it’s just so (i). We just be crying [when(I)? was going away, then they crying] and when she saw him, oh god! Like Jackie said, I be crying in commercials and stuff. (i) [don’t ask me I just wanted to (I)] When I die, you know, [I know I'm gonna see all that, I know I’m gonna see (grandmother again?)]
Glenda: I hope so.
Michael: Yeah. Just like you know (i)[ a feeling]
Glenda: I don’t think about stuff like that
Michael: (i)
Glenda: It gets me very upset and I don’t wanna talk about that
Michael: Oh, I’m not gonna skip now, I got a show to do here, girl.
Glenda: Yeah, you do. Must you go now?
Michael: What?
Glenda: Must you go now?
Michael: Must I go?
Michael: No. Are you going now?
Glenda: No.
Michael: (begins to talk, but Glenda laughs) What?
Glenda: Oh, that little bit where you (i).
Michael: I gotta get my hair done.
Glenda: Yeah, you must have a lot of things to do.
Michael: Yeah, I’m gonna get my hair trimmed a little too. ‘Cause, you know, the more you trim it, the better it grows.(I) We got another sound check today with, um, the band and stuff. Oh, they set up everything and it’s great. (sighs) And god, just, girl, you just don’t know, just being up there on that stage… You know, I’m really lonely, and…
Glenda: Are you still?
Michael: (singing bits of Will You Be There).” I get lonely sometimes, will you be there, Will you still care, will you be there?”
Glenda: You still get lonely? Really?
Michael: I never stop, I’ll be having a great time, I never, I just, it’s like a total makeover on stage. I never show ‘em all, [No matter (I) for me] ’cause they don’t know what you’re sayin’.
Michael: And that’s why it’s gonna be kinda fun to get to the the states [ ‘even if they don’t understand what you’re saying]
Glenda: I heard that Russia wants you to come and do a show.
Michael: Yeah. [Oh they’ll get ]more than that. But it’s like, all these people are [born??](I) and stuff like that. Once you get to America, people know what you’re saying. It’s so weird that you do shows overseas, they, they, they respect it in a different way. (It’s so weird that you do shows overseas, they, they, are receptive in a different way.)
Glenda: They are?
Michael: Yeah, it’s like–

*********Break. Very static-y, and very difficult to understand..******** **

M: the night before what?
G: you were gonna be
Michael: You’ve gotta talk louder
G: remember the night two nights before you were gonna make your announcement on that radio station
M: oh yeah
G: remember?
M: I remember
G: [I’m glad?] we talked for four hours, laughs. At that time, you didn’t really wanna tour again.
Michael: No, no. I’m gonna be so euphoric after this show.
(can’t make out anything here)
M: Because (I)[heart and soul?] (I)
G and M laughing
G: you can hear it anyway I heard:
M: Yeah really? Well that’s just bad (I) we’re gonna we’re gonna have to (I) a lotta–
Break, static

(CUT IN TAPE)

G: it was good?
Michael: The outfits are amazing. They are great.}
Glenda: Yes, I read about them. (laugh)
Michael: oh you did? (I)
Glenda: Yeah. I bet. They weigh enough
Michael: It’s gonna be so hot under those lights. it’s gonna be like (i) [I’ll be having a baby on that stage, you know?]
M:Taking [Valeroots?], I gotta take [valeroots? thing]
G: what’s [valeroots word?]
M: valeroot’s is something for your throat, like if you speak a lot or if you sing or something like that, they soothe your throat, they cool your vocal chords
G: Oh I never heard of it
M: Yea, they taste nasty, I don’t like the way they taste. But im just (I)
G: so nice (I) it must be nice to have somebody that you really [inaudible, wanna take good care of??] (So nice. It’s great…It must be nice to have somebody that you can talk to that cares.)
M: Oh, well, it’s the best. I always feel so lonely—

Glenda Transcript 3-1
He’s 32 here so this is sometime between September 1990-September 1991
Conversation between Sam(Glenda's husband) and Michael

M- If you don’t know . I don’t know.
S- Well.you know what you gotta go and find out.
M- I can’t afford to mess up
S- Really? you can’t afford to not to, take a chance…?… Yes you can. I mean you can’t be completely totally alone. …..I think that when you’re totally ready …?…Who’s hurt you the most in your life?
M- Excuse me?
S- Who’s hurt you the most?
M- People that I…(I) they hurt me?….
*S- Who’s hurt you the most?
M- [Lots of people. (I)
S- She didn’t mean to, though?
M: (I)
S: Really?
M- When she started making a game out of it and [she knew that (I) called me….(I can’t hear this part)…and tried to…]
S- Who else? What about you manager guys?
M- Excuse me?
S- What about your, who’s your manager’s name?
M- Who?
S- The one that really hurt you…his name’s Frank or something.
M- Who, Tate?
S- No, your manager, your manager, your
M- Frank Dileo?
S- Yeah.
M- That was different. That was a business relationship.
S- Was that just like uh, he didn’t hurt you, he just uh, you just had a parting of the ways?
M- He tried to get too controlling.
S- That was just, uh, that was just business.
M- I don’t remember…?…(mumbles)
S-It’s like he didn’t hurt you..He was parting ways.
M-He tried to get Tate in trouble
S-No he didn’t, no he didn’t, uh
M-(low sad voice). I didn’t want her in trouble
S- Mike, trust me. You can trust me. Who else has hurt you? You don’t have that many people with you.
M- What difference does it make?
S- Well, I hope I’m not one of them.
M-(I)
S- Well you have
M- (i)
S- Well, you are. Maybe you should die.
M- Maybe I should die?
S- In the media
M- What?
S- Maybe you should die in the media?
M- (Laughs uncomfortably) Naw.
S- Imitates being an announcer “(See or the)…?…Michael Jackson.” (Then they’ll knock themselves out on TV getting you to die in a video.) Imitates being an announcer again [Then came the surprising times of M & Tate. Michael Jackson’s ex.. hidden behind the curtain for filming??]
M- It’s going to be the British.
S- I’m going to run you out of this city.
M- Why?
S- Cuz I’m mean Jackson.
M- For real?
S- I’m going to run you out of this city Jackson.
M- Say what?
S-I said I’m going to run you out of this city if you outlive me.
M- You’re not gonna outlive me.
S- Hey, I’m 33. You’re 32.
M- …?….(I)
S- Huh? What?
M- Sometimes it’s hard for me to get close to people. What would it have been like if I wasn’t Michael Jackson…?…Would there…(I)?….Joseph…?…But you know that I’m not gonna hurt you ….. You know I would never hurt you. You know, you know that, right?
S- Yeah I know
M- But you know that I wouldn’t hurt you.
S-…?…(I)
M- Yes, but you know that…it’s just a game.
S- ? would I (I)
M- ? it’s just a game.
S- Oh, in the media?
M- As far as being, um
S- As far as having a relationships? Is the baby moving?
M- Laughs uncomfortably. I haven’t. No, [we’re careful, there’s no babies].Don’t you know better, don’t you know that, no matter what, that I don’t want, I don’t want to do anything to hurt you all? I
S- We know that.
M- No, I’m serious. You don’t understand. No matter what. I don’t.
S- I know you don’t. And everything’s good. You’ve always been good to me and I think you’re waking up. If I ever thought that you’d, uh, was being other than, you know, just you know just genuine, we wouldn’t have the relationship with you. I have no doubts about that.
M- About, that I don’t want to hurt you all?
S- Yeah. never been, never been an issue.
M- But no matter what, I mean, nothing, I don’t want to hurt you people.
S- (Have you even been in this kind of relationships?)
M- …No, this is the real thing??…
S- …individuals you were with?
M- Its real messy and they’re mean.
S- How about people outside the business?
M- At the same time, it’s hard. It’s hard to be friends with someone who’s not in the business because they don’t see, they don’t, they don’t understand, different…?…and so
S- I have a lot of empathy for you.
M- No.
S- Yes I do. I, Uh, I would think that, uh, after talking to you I had the strongest feeling yesterday that the fact that you are who you are and, uh, that you have to put up this front and there’s plenty of people pulling you in so many directions. It’s uh, you have to smile when the cameras are on and, uh, it’s very lonely. You’ve said it yourself so many times. It’s lonely–
M- It’s pretend. It’s like the 2300, like the video, like the mini-series, like growing up um with Motown and they tell you, they prep you. Like living with Diane (he calls her Diane here, not Diana). They tell you what to say, what not to say. The lies I had to tell. Um. Diana. Diana discovered the Jacksons. That wasn’t true. She did not discover us. But it’s publicity. It’s pretend.
S- Who discovered you really?
M- Bobby Taylor and we went to a party and, uh, Gladys Knight. Diana, Diane had nothin’ to do with it.
S- I guess she was just the big name at the time huh?
M- And then I was supposed to be a certain age. Well, I, Okay, like, when I first came out, I had to lie about my age, but
S- How come?
M- Because it’s publicity. You don’t understand.
S- How old were you? How old were you and how old did you say you were?
M- I said I was 10 and I was 11.
S- How come that would make a difference?
M- Think about it. Think about it because (squeals in high voice) Oh! Oh he’s only 10 years old!
S-Imitates same squeal They say, oh oh you’re only –
M- No, you have to lie about things. You have to cover up. You have to act like all that stuff that happened with, with Joseph and stuff. It’s like we’re supposed to be the perfect family, you know, because they putting your name out there and stuff and, uh, they’re supposed to you know, look good because it sells records and it attracts people. And the stories, well, they used to come out with when we were little. There was this one story, some magazine. I think it was “16” magazine back then. I was 13. and they lying and they have all these really weird kinda stories like Michael made this handicapped girl walk again because she saved Chester the cat. There was no Chester the cat. It was just lies. It was just
S-they make you lie?
M- It sells, you know?
S- It sells records?
M- “Oh look what a fantastic person he is. You saved this girl’s life. She almost got run over by a lawn mower and she walked.” and
S- …like that dying little black boy?…
M- Pardon?
S- …?…that dying little black kid. Is it true how much of a the little dying black boy…dying child …dying
kid…?…comes to get you, (I) Michael Jackson, famous kid.
M- It’s like, “the Jackson family, they’re so wholesome and we all took pictures together back in the Jackson 5 days with Motown and stuff like that. We were all so close and Joseph was, you know, Papa Joe”. You know. And then LaToya told the truth (LaToya’s book was published in ’91 revealed the extent of the abuse and she made statement in the media revealing the sexual abuse that occurred in the family). They portray everything you know, because of publicity. “The Jackson family. They lived in a ghetto in Gary, Indiana and they made it and they’re so tight knit.” Tight knit , my ass.
S- Laughs. Well, some of your family’s pretty tight knit though? Your brothers are pretty tight knit? No?

Glenda Transcript 3-2
Michael and Sam
I’m going to presume these conversations take place around LaToya’s book release, November/December 1991

M- I’m torn between Mother and LaToya.
S- That must be hard on you.
M- When you’re brought up. We used to play at the club circuits and stuff like that, you know, with all the black groups and it’s like, you’re brought up and then we finally went with Motown and stuff. You’re brought up. You’re taught to be a certain way because you’re in the public eye. The close knit, the close knit family, the tight knit family, whatever, and “Papa Joe this” and “Papa Joe was wonderful” and “Papa Joe helped do this and that”. When things start falling apart, then you gotta cover for it, you know, because you’re out there and you gotta cover for it. I would come home. We would come home from sessions and if we didn’t do something right, we’d get beat with a sock full of wet sand because it didn’t leave bruises. We’d go to the studios the next day and, and, you know, people in the business, people in the Motown family, they knew what was going on. I mean if you did something wrong and Joseph was there, he’d slap the mess out of us. They knew what was going on but it was like, you have to portray this certain image. You have to smile and everything. And everything like “y’all so tight”. “The Jackson family came from poverty, you know, from being nobody” and (I)
S- ?
M- Joseph is dangerous.
S- ??…Joseph isn’t dangerous..(I)
M- Pardon?
S- Not to you
M- I can’t hear you.
S- I said he’s not dangerous to you.
M- He’s not dangerous to me?
S- ?(Not unless you let him?)
M- Why don’t you just not talk to me anymore? Why don’t you just. Honestly, why don’t you just. Why don’t y’all just not talk to me…
S-? Everytime you tell me something about Joseph, you, uh,….
M- I said, no matter what, no matter what you think, no matter what you believe, I would never, never never do anything intentionally to hurt you and your family. No matter what, I swear.
S- We know that. You don’t have to keep saying that. We know Joe J. hurt you.
M- I deal with all kinds of other stuff(?)
S- When are you going to talk? (I hear: like what?) Who are you scared of? You know that I would never harm you Jackson? (I)
M- (i) You be fading.
S- I’m not fading. You’re the one that fades.
M- You be fading too.
S- You know I’d never hurt you, don’t you know that?
M- You mean like physically or?
S- I mean physically, mentally, sexually (and nobody’s going to hurt you either). You know that, don’t you? Don’t you?
M- I really don’t know that. I know you would never physically hurt me if you were. I know that. I know that.
S- You should know that I ain’t going to hurt you mentally either.
Break.
M- You love her and she loves you.
S- You know sometimes we (get? Forgive?) each other It’s..and when we get back together ..we’ll see. It takes time. It’s unlikely but.
M- But aren’t you afraid of getting close to her?
S- No, I never get,.it’s a different situation. You have a lot more to be frightened about. You have a lot more to lose. You’re. I think that you’re. I think that you’ve been hurt by a lot of people…You’ve kind of created this (nightmare thing?)….You’ve created… some, you don’t know who to trust, who to believe
M- But you ask so many questions.
S- ?
M- You swear?
S- Yes.
M- (I) Do you swear on, um. Do you swear. Do you swear. I mean, do you swear you’ll tell me the truth?
S- Yes.
M- No matter what?
S- Yes.
M- Honest, no matter what? And if I swear to you that, if I swear to you that, um. Hold on one second. (Talks to someone else – “Tell them I’ll be right there.) Hello. Do you swear, if I swear to you that I won’t disappear and I won’t change my number and go away no matter what? If I swear that to you on on Mother’s life, if I swear to you that, um. This is so hard for me (to think about?).
S- Jackson?
M- If I swear to you before this (I)…If I swear to you that I won’t disappear or no matter what, on Mother’s life, that you’ll tell me.
S- Yeah.
M- Do you?
S- Tell you what?
M- What?
S- If you swear on your Mother’s life?
M- If I swear on Mother’s life, if I swear
S- That you won’t change your number.
M- That I won’t disappear on you, no way, then you will swear you’ll tell me?
S- Yes. The truth.
M- What do you want from me back?
S- Nothing…
M- First of all, before you say that I’d like to say that I swear to you that I’m not going to go away and disappear and go away and disappear and stuff and change my number, although we are going to change it. Sorry, hold on. Okay.
S- Yea. (I)
M: Like you said
S: (Jackson , everyone hurts you?)
M- ?
Break.
S- (I) She lives off the Gold/Gulf? coast.
M- Oh, for real?
S- Yeah.
M- When did you find that out?
S- Last Wednesday. I was playing there one day and they said that sounds like (I) that’s Janet Jackson’s house with her boyfriend
M- ?
S- Yep. I’ve seen her house. She has a beautiful house on the coast…She has a beautiful home. It’s a beautiful house/coast. [Flats?], beautiful home, I’ve seen it from the Country Club. I played with the, uh, the Gene LePar, they showed me the property. Yea, try and see if she’ll give you the number…I’ll really call her and we’ll see if (I) I love talking to her, yea, I really love talking to her..We had a real wonderful time ,we laughed…talk to her about it, it’d be (I)….
M- Pardon me?
S- …(I)?..
M- You don’t like Randy?.
S- No, I never liked Randy. Too, uh, he’s too hard and too obnoxious. He’s too, um, he’s too angry. Angry…if you have a need to be angry, fine, that’s one thing. If you got no business being angry (on the street). I like Janet. She’s…
M- Latoya’s a witch.
S- Latoya’s crazy, a crazy person. I don’t have anything against her. She has a sweet voice. She’s a beautiful girl. Real beautiful girl
M: Yeah she’s pretty
S:…on the outside, maybe on the outside..
M- Janet’s real natural. Toya’s got-
S: Oh yeah, definitely
M: Toya’s got too much of a weave in her hair.
S- ..Well you know (that’s typical?). Toya’s a pretty girl. Janet’s has. Janet just oozes with personality.
M- I have a crisis.
S- About what?

Glenda Transcript 3-3
Father’s Day is the third Sunday in June but I can’t figure out which year this is 1990 or 1991? Can’t be 1992 because he was on tour and if he’s hanging out with Ran
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions