Glenda tapes - what do U think?
April 16, 2010, 10:52:45 AM
I know most of us have listened to these conversations already but I'm just a bit curious... Some refuse to believe that it's Michael speaking (thinking it's a fake) while others strongly believe it's him. What do you guys think? Thought it be interesting to see your opinions  :) .

[youtube:219hpy8y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSv0t_52qPg[/youtube:219hpy8y]

Here's the rest of the conversation, i.e. the parts that are available on YT:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I wish I could hear the rest of these conversations, supposedly 8 hours of them...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

Re: Glenda tapes - what do U think?
April 16, 2010, 12:05:18 PM
Personally, I do think its MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

April 16, 2010, 04:34:31 PM
I do not know what they are trying to be passed off as but I actually saw a programme on TV about two months ago (or it may be a dvd I have - I will check) but all of this is from that TV programme you actually see him there saying it.  Some of this recording appears to have had extra bits put in but most of it is the actual interview that I watched.  I will check my dvd's and let you know but I have definitely without a doubt seen it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 16, 2010, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: "icebluestarlight"
I do not know what they are trying to be passed off as but I actually saw a programme on TV about two months ago (or it may be a dvd I have - I will check) but all of this is from that TV programme you actually see him there saying it.  Some of this recording appears to have had extra bits put in but most of it is the actual interview that I watched.  I will check my dvd's and let you know but I have definitely without a doubt seen it

Oh really? Never heard about that  :o . Please do get back to me, would be very interesting to see/hear  :) . Do u know anything about the rest of the recorded conversations?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 16, 2010, 08:57:06 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again...they are not MJ...Not because "I don't want to believe it" like I have been accused of in the past, but there is plenty of Real MJ recorded to compare these tapes to and it is NOT MJ.  The accent is off, not consistent and key words are not said correctly.  Besides that, this MJ is a WOMAN!  Now for the part that categorically convinced me it is not MJ...
-there is a part on the tapes where he is telling Glenda about his up coming concerts and where they are going to be....He can not pronounce them and has to spell them....THE REAL MJ HAS BEEN TO THESE PLACES MANY MANY TIMES!  I believe one of the places was C.O.L.O.G.N.E....(don't quote me, but it was as simple as that) and he couldn't say it!  He was like...ah...ummm...ahhh...  He couldn't even pronounce the name of the HOSPITAL he had just been to that day!  MJ has done this his whole life and has been to these places many times and I have heard him pronounce many many strange names on demand.  This was someone who was not familiar with these places and was seeing them for the first time on paper and couldn't pronounce them.
-the second thing...the lady pretending to be MJ was enjoying a WINE COOLER...If anyone read the transcripts to MJ's trial, you will see numerous people talk about the drinks MJ preferred....they were NOT wine coolers.
-If you ever hear MJ talk (RABBI TAPES) he can speak clearly and get ideas out without the use for too many filler words...like um and ahh and chooses complex words and phrases to convey a thought...this fake MJ is not on the same intelligence level when it comes to speaking and uses many many filler words and is unable to use any complex words.
-This person does not talk about anything that can not be found in Moonwalk, Magic and the Madness, and a few published interviews....NOTHING...
-Didn't MJ tell Oprah that what men and woman do together is private?  Has anyone come forward saying MJ told them what he did with girls?  We heard the funny remark from MJ himself about woman and his fans, but never what he did with so and so...has anyone besides Glenda ever said MJ told them his bedroom secrets.  When you have that belief, that ingrained belief, and especially when it stems from a religious back ground, you don't just all of a sudden start talking about it.  

To each their own, if you all wanna believe this is MJ...a woman...an UNCLASSY woman at that, who can't pronounce where the heck she is supposed to go, and who can't talk consistently with MJ's accent and key words are NEVER pronounced the way MJ pronounces them...then go ahead...there is MUCH more juicy stuff to read and hear in Rabbi Tapes and we know those are true...what he said about Madonna!  Holy cow!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 05:51:10 AM
@mykidsmum

Thank you for sharing your opinion and for explaining so clearly why. Call me dumb but I still haven't made up my mind about these tapes which is why I started the thread...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Glinda

April 17, 2010, 06:47:50 AM
Those phonecalls are private phonecalls, he can talk about whatever he likes. Its not a Oprah interview you know?
You can be yourself with friends, but when you are doing interviews  on tv you would want to look/act decent and nice.
Do we know Michael personally?
I dont know him..maybe he is cursing like hell sometimes :twisted:  or he likes to tell dirty jokes :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 07:31:07 AM
Quote from: "alovesmichael"
@mykidsmum

Thank you for sharing your opinion and for explaining so clearly why. Call me dumb but I still haven't made up my mind about these tapes which is why I started the thread...
Listen to these and then listen to Glenda again...listen to that laugh he always does.  You can HEAR the shape of his mouth and teeth when he talks...you can't hear that in Glenda tapes.
[youtube:yhmgit6p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7JBDOPkC4&feature=related[/youtube:yhmgit6p]
[youtube:yhmgit6p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMNR8XT4G6A&NR=1[/youtube:yhmgit6p]
[youtube:yhmgit6p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4svm909e1k&feature=related[/youtube:yhmgit6p]
now compare to this...He cant even say KIRCHEN!  A place he's been to a thousand times!  I've heard him say it before.
[youtube:yhmgit6p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOOcPaOtdE&feature=related[/youtube:yhmgit6p]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 08:54:11 AM
I just wanted to add, when the real MJ speaks, he never uses the filler words "and stuff"  The Glenda tapes uses this ALL THE TIME.  Another thing.  When MJ says a word with a W in it, like "white, or when" he does something unique to him and his family, (many other people do this too) he blows out the W sound...like   "whooo-ite" (white)...or "whooo-en"(when).  The MJ in the Glenda tapes does not do this.  There is not blowing out of the w on words like White and When....

The Best EXAMPLE...  When MJ says words like Old, and Told...he does not pronounce the L in the word.  The word becomes "told=toad" "old =oad"  This is unique with the Jacksons an many others from similar backgrounds as MJ...you can here this on Rabbi tapes...the correct way MJ says it and on the Glenda tapes...he says the L very clearly...listen
Rabbi tape I posted look at 5:40 for the word "old"
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4svm909e1k&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jaocbi33]
Glenda tapes I posted look at 3:59 for the word "told"
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOOcPaOtdE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jaocbi33]
and here at :25 is the word "told"
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noh9sKEnwdw&feature=related[/youtube:jaocbi33]
and here is the word "told" at 2:11
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCx9eWeNkY&feature=related[/youtube:jaocbi33]
So, in Rabbi tapes its "old=oad, told=toad" and in Glenda tapes...it's "oLd and toLd"...not the same.
even the way MJ says the word "on" he makes the word into two syllables.  On becomes "ow-en"  here on the glenda tape look at 5:02
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOOcPaOtdE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jaocbi33]
compare that "on" to this one at 1:49
[youtube:jaocbi33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoA4k9XTnE&feature=related[/youtube:jaocbi33]
happy listning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 09:08:02 AM
These tapes are pretty old...early 90's or so i think or late 80's?
I have listened to them time and time again and I think it is Michael
People sound VERY different on the phone than they do on live Tv or in a microphone or another tape recording. I like RS used some sort of special microphone so he could clearly hear every word of Michael. There was no sound system or anything like on tv it was just him at home when they were recorded and you can hear the kids in the background at times. Could they have been enhanced too? Well maybe.
The phone conversations sound more raw
I have to say some of you made some really good points however especially how Michael says certain words.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 09:32:40 AM
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"
These tapes are pretty old...early 90's or so i think or late 80's?
I have listened to them time and time again and I think it is Michael
People sound VERY different on the phone than they do on live Tv or in a microphone or another tape recording. I like RS used some sort of special microphone so he could clearly hear every word of Michael. There was no sound system or anything like on tv it was just him at home when they were recorded and you can hear the kids in the background at times. Could they have been enhanced too? Well maybe.
The phone conversations sound more raw
I have to say some of you made some really good points however especially how Michael says certain words.
There are many many words that is unique to the way Jackson says them...I can give you dozens of examples...the hard part is finding the comparison words in the Glenda tapes...it takes time.  When I have more time I'll do it but for now the Glenda tapes are a white woman and I doubt that she even has an African American/Gary background.  There is a cadence (beat) to MJ's speech, a rhythm that he shares with other Jackson's and other African Americans from his back ground.  That is not duplicated in the Glenda tapes.  The "SOUND" of the Glenda tapes does sound like MJ...and this is what fools everyone, but you have to get past the sound and HEAR the speech pattern, the accent, the extended syllables on particular words and filler words used.  These things don't change based on if you are home or on tv or on a tape they are things that just happen subconsciously...like me, a new englander saying the word POP.  Now take someone from Michigan...they say PAWP. (for soda)  This wouldn't change if you were talking on a cheap tape or expensive video...
One filler word that comes to mind...MJ uses the filler word "Gee" alont...alot! Gee is very unique to MJ...In glenda tapes he NEVER says it.
the way MJ says the word "again" he says "ay-ghen"
here in ryan white tapes...also a phone call...look at :14 and at :30
[youtube:2rpn4l4v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NUKuaFSAs&feature=related[/youtube:2rpn4l4v]
and here he says again at 9:56...not the same
[youtube:2rpn4l4v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2AVhBuZuM&feature=related[/youtube:2rpn4l4v]
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:04:12 AM by mykidsmum
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 09:47:55 AM
The 2 words that stand out for me are the WELL and they way he says GIRL

I would say it is him in the Glenda tapes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

mykidsmum

April 17, 2010, 10:48:24 AM
ok guys...I found the ultimate evidence the Glenda tapes are a fake.... Take a look at the screen shot of the transcripts...(you can go and listen to them on youbute to see they are right) in them he says on 2300 Jackson Street Joe would beat him and throw him in the basement  There is NO BASEMENT at 2300 Jackson Street.  It's a house built on a slab foundation!  Michael Jackson never had a basement growing up on 2300 Jackson Street  But I guess the MJ in the Jackson tapes wouldn't know that because "SHE" didn't grow up there.   :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 11:37:54 AM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
ok guys...I found the ultimate evidence the Glenda tapes are a fake.... Take a look at the screen shot of the transcripts...(you can go and listen to them on youbute to see they are right) in them he says on 2300 Jackson Street Joe would beat him and throw him in the basement  There is NO BASEMENT at 2300 Jackson Street.  It's a house built on a slab foundation!  Michael Jackson never had a basement growing up on 2300 Jackson Street  But I guess the MJ in the Jackson tapes wouldn't know that because "SHE" didn't grow up there.   :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
PRICELESS!!

so now we know...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 17, 2010, 11:47:45 AM
Congratulation, Mykidsmum - I just love your profound analysis!

I always registered the unique way of Michael`s  pronounciation (quite appealing to me, actually, haha!) but I never got the details as exactly as you pointed out here.

What stands out for me is how he pronounces the word "remember" ... never heard anything like that (since I am not a native speaker I am not familiar with all regional accents, though).

And yes, for me there`s no doubt that these Glenda tapes are fake. "Basement" at least should be convincing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions