Edward Scissorhands
April 11, 2010, 08:48:04 AM
Ok,

So some deeply involved procrastination today led me to think about Michael Jackson, and what connection he might have to the movie Edward Scissorhands.

For those of you who don't know, Edward Scissorhands is a modern day fairy tale which tells the story of Edward, the man created by an inventor, who died before finishing him and left Edward with scissors where he should have hands. One day when the local "Avon" representative calls at the historic mansion where Edward has been living alone, she takes him home to stay with her family. He has to adapt to the new life and environment that he isn't used to. Soon he shows a talent in cutting hair and hedges, and wins every body's heart. But life isn't always so sweet...

Soon, the people that once loved Edward turn on him. They begin accusing him of things he hasn't done, they start fabricating lies about him. Eventually, it becomes to much for Edward, and he is chased from the place he once called home, where he was once accepted. He escapes back to his mansion, where he decides the only thing he can do to prevent the people from vilifying him further is to fake his death, so he does. The girl he loved, Kim, tells the neighborhood that Edward is dead, and they believe her. She acts as his cover.  

Now, reread that, replacing the words -

Edward Scissorhands with Michael Jackson
                             and
The girls he loved, Kim with Everyone involved in the conspiracy.

The inventor in the story represents his father, Joe, and the scissors represent Michael's talent. Michael was exposed to this new lifestyle as a Star just as a child, and he had to adapt quickly, but the people loved him for what he did.

If Michael is alive, the story of Edward Scissorhands is eerily similar, wouldn't you agree?

Thanks for your time,

God Bless,

Nick
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember, It\'s all for L.O.V.E
It was the story of an uncommonly gentle man. Innocence is what he knew. Beauty is what he saw.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

RK

Re: Edward Scissorhands
April 11, 2010, 09:34:21 AM
I bought this DVD about 6 weeks ago because of the similarities to MJ, the story, the hoaxed death, even down to the clothing Edward wears.  And I guess when we see some crazy headline from TMZ or leaked MJ song on the web, we are just like the girl  Kim in the story seeing the "snow".  They are like his gifts of love to us. Yes, I totally agree with what you said in your post. Not sure about the Joe typology  though cause Edward's creator was a kind man.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 11, 2010, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: "RK"
I bought this DVD about 6 weeks ago because of the similarities to MJ, the story, the hoaxed death, even down to the clothing Edward wears.  And I guess when we see some crazy headline from TMZ or leaked MJ song on the web, we are just like the girl  Kim in the story seeing the "snow".  They are like his gifts of love to us. Yes, I totally agree with what you said in your post. Not sure about the Joe typology  though cause Edward's creator was a kind man.

Not much is known about the man that invented Edward. He is only seen briefly in the movie, but you're right. Joe wasn't kind to Michael whereas the man in the movie was to Edward.

You're exactly right in everything else you say, Thanks for adding it to the topic.

God Bless

Nick
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It was the story of an uncommonly gentle man. Innocence is what he knew. Beauty is what he saw.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

April 12, 2010, 06:34:45 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope this does't mean we have to wait until Christmas...AGAIN!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

April 13, 2010, 01:19:51 AM
Hopefully it's just a coincidence that these two stories are the same!

I think that if Michael is alive, he'll reveal himself well before that time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 13, 2010, 04:24:09 AM
Hmm, who else would the "inventor" be in MJ's story then? idk. It could be Joe, he created the Jackson 5 & didn't let MJ have a childhood & he had to adjust to his new lifestyle, he robbed him of his whole childhood & MJ was forced to try to adapt to his new lifestyle. It makes sense, aside from how mean Joe was. Who else could it be? I agree the story is very similar  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

April 13, 2010, 11:31:53 AM
I'm thinking Berry Gordy. MJ said that He wished he was his son . He showed MJ warmth and affection and had time for his enquiring young mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 21, 2010, 08:02:49 PM
i realized this too...the similarities are really astonishing!!!!!!
along with Johnny Depp and goes back to Alice in Wonderland...it's all so crazy, but i love it :D  :lol:  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WHEN I SAY I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL YOU GOTTA KNOW THAT IT'S FOR ALL TIME

MJonmind

May 21, 2010, 08:09:21 PM
Any parallel story no matter how similar will break down at some point for comparisons. Usually there's just a few good points that creator wants to bring out. Can't be over analytical. I agree the similarities are amazing. Vincent Price to me just connects to Thriller.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 06, 2010, 04:12:33 PM
MJ actually owned the mechanical hands from this movie. He had a ton of movie memorbilia but he said that the hands were his favorite....?? ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions