MJLover1990

Re: The Shocking Truth About Public Schools
April 09, 2010, 12:07:45 PM
I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nynyro

April 09, 2010, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.

Thank you.  I don't think the other posters understand what you're trying to say.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 12:13:51 PM

I hear what you are saying, but people do have the power to change the books that are read.  Curriculum committees are created specifically for that reason.  (I have been personally been involved in that process.)  Many schools (across the US anyway) are designed for the schools to have local control in regards to curriculum selection and the books that are chosen for the subject areas.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

Grace

April 09, 2010, 12:22:30 PM

I did get you quite well. I also understand you to some extent.
I was fortunate enough to have had a history teacher who was very young and not following the schoolbooks. We learned our planned topics. But not the way it was in the books.
We did discuss back and forth.
What I took from this teacher to my life as most valuable learning was not that in this year this and that happened but the discussion culture.
I was fortunate.

But there is always a better alternative to quitting.

Why don't you start a project on some historic event in your class?
5 groups and 5 topics with different focus on the same event.
3 weeks time to work on it.
Every group has 30 min. of presentation and an hour of discussion following.
Take all the sources you feel that are not welcome or used in school.
Present your results.
Do you think you will be bashed for it?
I bet no.

Be the change. You are fortunate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

April 09, 2010, 01:02:32 PM

I definitely got what you said the first time. Learning is very important. My family was always about education; my late Dad was always into learning, my uncle in New York, my aunt here and my other uncle in Arkansas for example.   :mrgreen:   8-)  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: "Stranger In Chi-town"

I definitely got what you said the first time. Learning is very important. My family was always about education; my late Dad was always into learning, my uncle in New York, my aunt here and my other uncle in Arkansas for example.   :mrgreen:   8-)  8-)

I'm glad you got it, but I just like to say that I respect everyones opinions. Sorry if I came over as a little harsh I didn't meant that but I'm not feeling so well today, so sorry. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 05:00:26 PM
The most disturbing thing about public schools are the history books. They're full of lies (not everything) and all kids have to learn those lies and take them for truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: "Dancing_Machine"
The most disturbing thing about public schools are the history books. They're full of lies (not everything) and all kids have to learn those lies and take them for truth.

That is what I meant. Thank you. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 05:30:39 PM

And thank you for your post. I've noticed that you have an interesting view on some topics like the illuminati and nwo.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 05:33:10 PM

And thank you for your post. I've noticed that you have an interesting view on some topics like the illuminati and nwo.  :)

Awwww thank you, And you have some interesting posts about the Illuminati and NWO as well. :mrgreen:
You know, Michael himself even said that the history books are a lie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 05:44:07 PM

Awwww thank you, And you have some interesting posts about the Illuminati and NWO as well. :mrgreen:

Thanks! (again  :D )
It really surprised me to find a lot of people here that share the same view on illuminati and NWO as I do.
Cause most of the time when I tell people about it, they look at me like I'm crazy. You know how many times I get to see this look:  :| . LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 06:00:02 PM

Thanks! (again  :D )
It really surprised me to find a lot of people here that share the same view on illuminati and NWO as I do.
Cause most of the time when I tell people about it, they look at me like I'm crazy. You know how many times I get to see this look:  :| . LOL

I know what you mean, or this look :roll: and then after that you get this :lol: and then I go :x Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 06:09:38 PM
Thanks for the video, MJLover1990. It was thought provoking. A very eloquent young man.

I graduated from high school in '88 and I gotta say, I haven't needed all that mathematic xyz = yzx that I had to take, not once.
What kids should be taught at school is a) finance - how to use money when you start making it. Learn about intrest, debt.. all that overspending is a sign of not having a clue b) law - for example, to know your rights as an employee when entering working life c) cooking - some eat only highly manufactured meals.. obesety, diabetes d) critical thinking

But no they're not taught - I am now cynical - because to a) they want you in debt and consume, consume, consume (we're not even "people" anymore, we are "consumers") b) they want the skin off your back c) so they can sell you that more expensive and less nutritious crap d) they don't want you to question anything.
They = the system, or call it what you like (elite etc).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 06:20:29 PM
I know what you mean, or this look :roll: and then after that you get this :lol: and then I go :x Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.

And some of them give me this look:  :shock: . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.
And some others the "I already knew that 8-)"-look.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 06:23:59 PM

And some of them give me this look:  :shock: . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.
And some others the "I already knew that 8-)"-look.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.

Exactly, it's like they don't care but then in a selfish way. I always wanted peace but I didn't knew how and now I know we can do all this together. But we can't do it if we sit on the couch watching mind controlling television. Most people like to stay in their ''comfort zone'' The I don't care attitude. Or the there will never be peace so why bother attitude. It makes me so upset. And it's frustrating because all the answers are right in front of their noses. :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions