Quote from: "mjboogie"
OK guys? I understand the part about HIPPA and the hospital when I read through the procedures of death or illness announcement I am kinda confused on the part where it states that only from authorization from the patient's legal representative may any other information such as time, and cause of death be released. But it does say NORMALLY IT IS THE PATIENT"S PHYSICIAN OR CORONER who does this. OK so does Thome authorize Jermaine? This My friends I feel that we need to study that booklet a little harder. I am kinda confused because I still don't understand what gave Jermaine the authority to announce MJ's death? I know he is his brother and all but.......it is just wayyyy off. I mean where were the physician or coroner or both? Surley they were present right? Why didn't the family just allow them to do their jobs? :evil:  :x  OK we are going to get this. Let's research and read through this documentation very carefully and see how it applies to MJ's death announcement ok? Jermaine ? and Thome? WTH? The booklet keeps saying NOrmally it is physician or coroner? Maybe someone can call and ask can a family member be allowed to announce the death? (I mean it's not illegal for a family member to do it right> WHy would a family member need authorization from the patients legal representative if it is their loved one? Ya follow me? HELLLLLLP! PLEASE!!!! :roll:

Im going to go out on a limb and give my opinion as to why Jerkmaine announced the death and NOT an official person (doctor, coroner etc)
It is probably because since its not a real death that the actual doctors or coroner or anyone else that is of any rank did not or simply COULD NOT jeapordize their career's by announcing a death that never happened. Either they werent allowed to by law or they just didnt want to do something so unethical. Know what I mean? They didnt want to risk their credibility as a professional.
I dont know if this is the case or not but it seems this would be the reason. And WHY Jerkmaine? Why not his parents if anyone?
Maybe its because Jerkmaine wanted to steal the spotlight and try to get his face seen by every known human on the planet, which I wouldnt doubt.

But Im guessing its because of my reasons above in bold.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

Is it normal for hospital staff to sign confidentiality statements (wheather patients are famous or not) Is this normal procedure? Yes, Yes, Yes, extremley odd that nothing has came out about this>> very odd indeed. I know this is  a reallllly dumb question. But is there any way we could find out exactly what patients were admitted on June 25th? Or would u have to be an employee or something? I know employees have some type of computer access to this info. I am sure hospital has a list of patients admitted that day, but I am sure this would be hard for us to get our hands on .... unless someone knows someone that works there? That could pull it for us? (naaahh might get in trouble!) ;)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Also, YES, It is REQUIRED that police show up at a death at someones home...or anywhere else for that matter.. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Is it normal for hospital staff to sign confidentiality statements (wheather patients are famous or not) Is this normal procedure? Yes, Yes, Yes, extremley odd that nothing has came out about this>> very odd indeed. I know this is  a reallllly dumb question. But is there any way we could find out exactly what patients were admitted on June 25th? Or would u have to be an employee or something? I know employees have some type of computer access to this info. I am sure hospital has a list of patients admitted that day, but I am sure this would be hard for us to get our hands on .... unless someone knows someone that works there? That could pull it for us? (naaahh might get in trouble!) ;)  ;)

If MJ was there, they could have been made to sign something making them keep their mouth's shut. But Its agaainst the law for any hospital staff to gossip about patients. My neighbor is a nurse and my mother was in getting surgery on her shoulder and unless my mom gave permission for the nurse or doctors to tell me everything...they cant tell me anything...even though its my mother.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

Totally agree with you Jacksonologist!! (BTW I lUV YOur NAME :D ) Because that names symbolizes the discovery and resolution, and SOlution to all things MJ Related!! :lol:  LUV IT! But like I said it would be cool if anyone on this website knew someone who works in the office of UCLA like in the patient admittance dept. That could pull up the system and examine which patients were admitted that day of June 25th.!! What do ya say!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Totally agree with you Jacksonologist!! (BTW I lUV YOur NAME :D ) Because that names symbolizes the discovery and resolution, and SOlution to all things MJ Related!! :lol:  LUV IT! But like I said it would be cool if anyone on this website knew someone who works in the office of UCLA like in the patient admittance dept. That could pull up the system and examine which patients were admitted that day of June 25th.!! What do ya say!!!

About my name...Thank you!!

As far as the admissions on the 25th of June at the hospital.........giving out that info is highly illegal as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jacksonologist:
Im going to go out on a limb and give my opinion as to why Jerkmaine announced the death and NOT an official person (doctor, coroner etc)
It is probably because since its not a real death that the actual doctors or coroner or anyone else that is of any rank did not or simply COULD NOT jeapordize their career's by announcing a death that never happened. Either they werent allowed to by law or they just didnt want to do something so unethical. Know what I mean? They didnt want to risk their credibility as a professional.
I dont know if this is the case or not but it seems this would be the reason. And WHY Jerkmaine? Why not his parents if anyone?
Maybe its because Jerkmaine wanted to steal the spotlight and try to get his face seen by every known human on the planet, which I wouldnt doubt.

But Im guessing its because of my reasons above in bold

I agree because I always thought doctors had to be the one annouce it and not anyone else. So, that also makes me think something's up.  Of course, many people didn't pay much attention to it accept the ones who were like us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I work in health care myself and YES we do sign confidential agrement and I can't say anything about health issues about a patient.But if anyone saw Michael or all that commotion(other patients,visitors) that day,to mention it ,what's the problem?I find it impossible that no one speaks about it :roll:Makes me think that Michael didn't go to the hospital on that day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"

But Im guessing its because of my reasons above in bold.

I agree with your opinion that this is why Jermaine made the announcement.  Because once the announcement was made, and it included the "time of death", then UCLA could put it on its press site and even though the media kept saying the announcement was "from UCLA", the announcement was technically from Jermaine Jackson, who just happened to be at UCLA when HE made the announcement.  So to anyone that is reading about it, it looks like the source of the information is UCLA.  But legally UCLA did NOT make the announcement, and the way this is worded on their site makes that clear.

Notice how this is titled "Statement on the death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center"
By UCLA Newsroom June 25, 2009
The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center:

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(And it looks like the video is back up on the official UCLA site today)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Also, in this video where the coroner spokesperson is talking about the autopsy report, if you forward the video to 6:23 and listen until 6:43, someone is asking him about the time of death, and he says "the time of death will remain what it was in the hospital emergency room pronounced by a physician"
I know that it is permissible for the hospital to give this kind of information directly to the coroner's office, according to HIPPA, but if this was true, then why did this same physician not make the official announcement of "death" at the press conference, or at least (as I have seen done in other similar situations) come out and stand with the family member while the family member made the announcement.  Jermaine talked about all these emergency room doctors "a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour", but none of them were available to come out and make the announcement or stand by as a representative of the hospital while he made the announcement?  

It seems that when the coroner spokesperson talks about the time of "death", he could still be just going from UCLA's press release of the statement by Jermaine, that said the time of death and mentions that a number of physicians were working on MJ in the emergency room.

Link to the video:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yitsy

Instead of all this speculation and guessing games, why doesn't someone just email UCLA with that question? (regarding Jermaine doing the announcement)
What the hell do you have to loose?  Perhaps no reply?...big deal.
Better yet, sign up to there Twitter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"
Also, YES, It is REQUIRED that police show up at a death at someones home...or anywhere else for that matter.. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.

same here in the UK even in care homes!! if the person wasn't ill (terminally ill or already on deaths door) an they suddenly die for whatever reason its a suspicious death and the police are called to check there is NO FOUL PLAY ETC.. they are definatly a priority or you would get into serious trouble as its a suspicious death!! they need records of events leading up to it etc!!  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "pepper"
Also, in this video where the coroner spokesperson is talking about the autopsy report, if you forward the video to 6:23 and listen until 6:43, someone is asking him about the time of death, and he says "the time of death will remain what it was in the hospital emergency room pronounced by a physician"
I know that it is permissible for the hospital to give this kind of information directly to the coroner's office, according to HIPPA, but if this was true, then why did this same physician not make the official announcement of "death" at the press conference, or at least (as I have seen done in other similar situations) come out and stand with the family member while the family member made the announcement.  Jermaine talked about all these emergency room doctors "a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour", but none of them were available to come out and make the announcement or stand by as a representative of the hospital while he made the announcement?  

It seems that when the coroner spokesperson talks about the time of "death", he could still be just going from UCLA's press release of the statement by Jermaine, that said the time of death and mentions that a number of physicians were working on MJ in the emergency room.

Link to the video:

Excellent observation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

Quote from: "AnnieIsNotOK"
I work in health care myself and YES we do sign confidential agrement and I can't say anything about health issues about a patient.But if anyone saw Michael or all that commotion(other patients,visitors) that day,to mention it ,what's the problem?I find it impossible that no one speaks about it :roll:Makes me think that Michael didn't go to the hospital on that day.

but if he wasnt there or didnt die, dont ya think the dr's and nurses who work there wouldve put it together  by now??? i mean i know they talk at hospitals ...about patients
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mirandacnc"
Quote from: "AnnieIsNotOK"

but if he wasnt there or didnt die, dont ya think the dr's and nurses who work there wouldve put it together  by now??? i mean i know they talk at hospitals ...about patients

Yes,the hospital staff would have put it together by now,but that would not give them the right to release the information,I think!I'm talking about the visitors(all the pepoel that are not in the staff)But either way,if he was there or not...nothing leaks and that is odd to me ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions