Re: how come they do with the others?
April 05, 2010, 12:51:56 AM
Quote from: "Jennie"
Those tests are not admitted in a court of law but when a person is screaming up and down, left and right till there blue in the face that they are innocent, as our famous CM is, often that person will ask for one just to prove their innocence. Even though they are not conclusive evidence they still influence prosecutors and investigators. So yeah it would be great if CM took one, but it dont mean we'd actually get the totally true version of the results, dont forget media chooses what they write and talk about and that is how they print their stories as well, they put their own personnal spin on things! :roll:

1, that was a lot of big words (I hate big words, sometimes) and 2, the media needs to read my post, use a lie detector test on anyone who is in on this hoax, and get the answer ASAP :roll:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

April 05, 2010, 11:59:36 AM
Whether or not the results of a polygraph test are admissible in a court of law varies from state to state. In California, they are not admissible. They are known to be unreliable and they don't conclusively detect lies: they detect changes in heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration, all of which can be affected by many things. Yes, it is common that when a person lies those body functions are affected. But this can also be caused by simple nervousness that a lie might be detected even when one is telling the truth--and the nervousness alone makes them appear to be lying; this can also be caused by colds,  headaches, other physical ailments, and neurological and muscular problems.

The polygraph can only detect changes in the heart rate, BP and respiration; it can't detect exactly what is causing those changes. It also happens that many people can pass a polygraph when they are indeed lying, so that's another reason why they are frequently inadmissible in a court of law.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Jennie

April 07, 2010, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
Whether or not the results of a polygraph test are admissible in a court of law varies from state to state. In California, they are not admissible. They are known to be unreliable and they don't conclusively detect lies: they detect changes in heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration, all of which can be affected by many things. Yes, it is common that when a person lies those body functions are affected. But this can also be caused by simple nervousness that a lie might be detected even when one is telling the truth--and the nervousness alone makes them appear to be lying; this can also be caused by colds,  headaches, other physical ailments, and neurological and muscular problems.

The polygraph can only detect changes in the heart rate, BP and respiration; it can't detect exactly what is causing those changes. It also happens that many people can pass a polygraph when they are indeed lying, so that's another reason why they are frequently inadmissible in a court of law.

Thank you for all this info on lie detector tests, very interesting stuff to know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions