zylaTopic starter

NEW YORK – A reality show miniseries about the Jackson family will premiere Dec. 13 on A&E, the network says. Back-to-back hour episodes will air that night at 9 p.m. EST.

"The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" focuses on brothers Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon as they prepare to reunite for a concert tour. It also chronicles their lives as they cope with Michael's drug-induced death in June.

There will be six episodes, the network said.

"This deeply intimate portrait will provide viewers with a raw and honest look inside a musical dynasty," said A&E and Bio Channel vice president Robert Sharenow.

It remained unclear whether Michael Jackson or his children, Paris, Prince Michael and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket), will be seen in the shows.

The cable network had originally announced "The Jacksons" as a documentary special in May, before the star's death. In August, "Entertainment Tonight" aired what A&E said was leaked footage from the special.

The 50-year-old King of Pop died June 25, weeks before he was scheduled to begin a string of comeback shows in London.

Are any of you planning on watching the show?
And if so, what are you expecting? Do you think one of them will let a little something slip? I personally hope so  ;)  :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

sweet1

I have seen the A&E previews for the reality show. It comes on Dec 13th at 9pm Eastern Standard Time. I will watch it undoubtedly because I am curious to see what the brothers will do. I know in a trailer of it one of the brothers said MJ would never had been as big as he was if it weren't for Jackson 5. It sounded like jealousy to me. The simple fact of the matter was MJ taking off on his own and amasking fame and fortune out of this world and them never being able to hold a candle to him. Everytime they wanted to tour they had to beg and plead with MJ through his mom or attorneys to get him to participate. Why? Because the fans would only come to see MJ not just them. They were never marketable. They alone never sold tickets without MJ. Now that MJ has left the scene I honestly don't believe the fans will take to the brothers in lieu of him being out of the picture. Aside, from the some of the brothers ( Jermaine) having done horrible things to MJ trying to destroy him. They are not interesting at all. I know alot of us will tune in for clues only not just to see the brothers. Keep the Faith!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Crescendo

I wanna watch it. Hopefuly ill be able to see it. But i dont expect much. they may say a few things that dont add up and maybe useful to our investigations but im not expecting anything that will completely dumbfuddle me but i could be wrong. and I WISH so much that something interesting will happen on the show.
but we hope for the best, prepare for the worst. or just hope for the best and settle for whatever happens.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who's watching this tonight?  I will be!

P.S. Check out TMZ's homepage...it looks like they are promoting the show "just a little bit"!  LOL   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

wilds

I will definitely be tuned in. I just saw a preview with footage from Michael's funeral and memorial. This may be hard to watch  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

im so excited to watch! on my tv guide it says there are two shows coming on tonight. does anyone elses?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

:o  They said on LKL that no footage of the memorial or funeral would be shown  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "nellyka7"
im so excited to watch! on my tv guide it says there are two shows coming on tonight. does anyone elses?

Yes, tonight for the premiere they are having two (back-to-back) episodes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

Crescendo

yep im watching. with my pint of ice cream. :roll:

there will be 2 new episodes premiered tonight.

Im sure it will all be about the brothers but not Michael. Seriously.. do they really think we wanna see them tour without Michael?
I don't mean to be mean. I really don't. But seriously.. Shamone! 8-)

Quote from: "hope"
:o They said on LKL that no footage of the memorial or funeral would be shown :(

I can't believe that crud. So Why was it all photographed and captured on film? Who the heck would wanna save footage like that for their personal collection? First off the funeral and memorial were disresespectful to MJ's memory if he really did pass away. and second why capture it all on film for nothing? For the Jackson's library or Mj's library? bshh.. lol
Sorry Hope Im not lashing out at you. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Crescendo"

I can't believe that crud. So Why was it all photographed and captured on film? Who the heck would wanna save footage like that for their personal collection? First off the funeral and memorial were disresespectful to MJ's memory if he really did pass away. and second why capture it all on film for nothing? For the Jackson's library or Mj's library? bshh.. lol
Sorry Hope Im not lashing out at you. :)

Woah good point!  I did not connect that when watching LKL. Good eye Crescendo!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm definitely watching!  According to the Directv program listing, the first episode tonight is "The Jackson 5 mourns brother Michael" and the second episode tonight is "Jermaine is confronted by his brothers."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

[size=85]Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.
-John Wesley
 English religious leader (1703 - 1791)
[/size]

New. Jackson Family (2009)
Basically It says in the opener that they announce plans for a 40th anniversery album, but the death of Michael ends their dream.

Then the second one says along the lines of them mourning for Michael.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I didnt know they were in the middle of making these 6 episodes before MJ "died"
If that was the case why did they not cancel the show after he "passed" Why go on with it to show how they mourned?
Im sorry it just doesnt make sense to me..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Take good notes, folks.  I can already tell it's going to be very interesting...!!

So far, they mentioned TMZ reporting on their tour, talked about how the media gets between them and the fans, and mentioned michael getting the cuffs put on him on CNN.  

In their opening statement Jackie also wore an abercrombie shirt with a 77 on it.  

They have also mentioned their frustration with tabloids several times...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- FBI baseball cap
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

[size=85]Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.
-John Wesley
[/size]

Someone said "This is it" when they walked into 2300 Jackson Street.  As an aside, on LKL a few nights ago, they could not recall which of them went on that trip back to their childhood home.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

-John Wesley
[/size]