Possibly the reason for everything. You have to see this.

  • 48 Replies
  • 3358 Views

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline itsmagic

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 19
    • Show only replies by itsmagic
I'm a near-constant lurker, infrequent poster. Infrequent because a.) I'm just not a people person, and b.) I really can't get down with a lot of the prevalent beliefs, in the "hoax community." I feel positive Michael is alive. I've seen some fascinating things, here (and by "here," I mean both the old and new forums, and MJHD) and, occasionally, some genuinely impressive detective work. But most of what I've read/seen, I haven't been able to agree with/be convinced by/see any meaning in. Clues, theories, that sort of thing.

Anyway, point being - this is why I don't really post here. Or at the old "here." Some of you have probably seen more of me, on Twitter, where I post as "tiffofdoom." My Twitter posts have occasionally found their way into speculation over MHA, on the old MJKIT, which is why I tend to reject follow requests and keep to myself, on Twitter, as well.
But I've been hanging around the fringes of the hoax community, in one form or another, since July. Sorry to be such a lurker; I'm kind of a weirdo, like that.


The big question I've seen here, over and over, is why. And I agree with some of you, that no reason has ever seemed *good* enough. He does not seem to have "hidden" himself very well. Too many little nods & winks at the fans (like the end of TII); too many glaring problems with the story the media was fed. If he hoaxed his death, I think it has to be assumed that he did want those who knew him well, and who would look most closely, to have reason to believe he was not dead.

I don't really think Michael was in any more serious danger than he ever was - and IF he was, he would be in more danger, when/if he came back. Not just from his enemies, but from angry, unhinged fanatics who might try to make his hoax come true.

I don't think the DEA theory makes enough sense, either. Maybe they would work with Michael Jackson; he's the most famous man in the world, even if he's often portrayed as ridiculous. But they would also do a better job of making this look real.

One answer made the most sense to me, logically: he did it for the money. While I don't think he was as bad off as the media portrayed, he was obviously not the moneymaker he had been. His legacy had suffered, too, being mostly destroyed, by time of his "death." Michael's a genius. He knew what his death would bring, financially. He also could have bet on what his death would do, for his name. That's the big one, for me. The money that's rolled in, is amazing. But from the beginning, I was sitting back, teary-eyed, thinking "This is going to do the impossible, and restore his name."

But Michael "woudln't" do that, right? I don't agree. I think, if he really needed to, he would. Michael is Love, sure, but he's shown, time and again, that he knows how to be cutthroat. If he REALLY needed the money, he'd do it.

One other answer made the most sense, going by Michael's heart: that he did it, to save the world. But how the #@^% does THAT work? Where's the PROOF he's gonna show everyone? He'd be torn apart, before he could even open his mouth, if he faked his death just to get the world's attention, then deliver some "It's all for L.O.V.E!" message.
If he somehow died to save the world, he'd have to walk into a press conference with something TANGIBLE and IMMEDIATE. And, while I saw the message of "TII," I didn't see anything he could really deliver on.

I did post at MJKIT, right after seeing TII, though. I don't think it got much notice. I asked about the Heal The World Foundation, because it raised my eyebrows that HTWF had seemingly "come alive" again, in the months/year before Michael died, and then he ends TII with what looks like the Heal The World Foundation logo.
He wanted to change the world. His charity was back. And then, when I checked out the website, in the section in which they talk about their founder, they said Michael would return to lead them in the future. A mistake, not corrected after his death, perhaps? But creepy, considering that Michael had given no public sign he was returning to HTWF, even before he died.


Sorry for the long prelude. I'm pathologically verbose, heh. But I also think I may have found the answer to everything. I went back to HTWF, tonight, to see what they were up to, as I was planning on donating, in the next couple weeks.

Has anyone checked out their website, lately? Because I don't think any of this was there, when I last visited:

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf ... nitiatives

ItI don't know how to even summarize all this, here; it's too much. Just go, and click on EVERYTHING.

I was shocked. Amused. Then, as I kept reading, I started crying, and haven't really stopped, since. No worries, though - this is GOOD crying.
I'm sure many of you will catch how much of the initiatives sounds like Michael's own words. They do mention his death, at one point - then turn around and say what they *think* he would want to tell his fans. Later, in other descriptions of various projects, they seem to completely drop the "dead" talk, and mention his planned world tours, giving educational speeches, and heavy, ongoing involvement in this plan to save humanity.

There are annual telethons planned. Movies. Music. TV stations. Radio stations. A FREAKING NEWSPAPER. It's insanely grandiose, it's an impossible dream, it's like listening to Jesus explain how He's gonna take over the world, with hugs.
In other words....it sounds exactly like Michael Jackson. And this plan is gonna require more capital than HTWF has ever pulled in.

Either the folks at Heal The World have lost their damn minds...or Michael DID do it for the money. And the attention. And the redemption of his name.
So he could save the world.


And, as one more little drop of Weirdness, on all this - those of you who have begun following MJAwakening, on Twitter, will doubtlessly recognize how neatly the missions he(?) proposes fit with the new goals of HTWF.



To everyone:
I don't care if you still believe Michael is alive, or not. I don't care what your preferred theory of doubles or Dave-Dave or the NWO is. You can all get behind this, because this was/is Michael's life-long dream.

Support the Heal The World Foundation. Join them. Donate. And spread the word. Take it to other message boards - forums and fan groups that don't believe the hoax. Tell everyone. If you love Michael, take up his dream. Because This really IS It.[/b]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline juliet

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 491
    • Show only replies by juliet
Thank you for your long post.  It was worth reading your intelligent thoughts/ideas on the whole matter.  I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts ;)  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CC

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 2136
    • Show only replies by CC
wow! ;)
i post a topic today to make a tribute to mike helping heal the world maybe planting a tree... it´s on this section too... maybe all can do something to help our planet to breath!!! make that change! BIG thank you!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Offline Christiana

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 626
    • Show only replies by Christiana
I'm not sure I believe your theory, but I'm not going to completely discount it either. Fact is, none of us knows the real reason why he may have faked his death (I always maintain my 1% dose of healthy skepticism). So it could be anything really.

What I do think with regard to your theory is that, if it's true, the money is totally intended for his humanitarian efforts. Because I would never think for one second he would do this for personal gain. He spoke of "4 years" to get it right, so he may indeed have a grand plan for the planet, for children, and for anyone else in need.

Did he hoax his death to Heal (Save) the World? I'd say that's not out of the realm of possibility.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline zyla

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 43
    • Show only replies by zyla
Yes, i've noticed MJAwakening's "missions".
And they do tie in with the HTW Foundations initiatives.
And it's true. Michael is worth more dead than alive nowadays. The money he's making right now is probably incredible. His record sales are up. Downloading of his songs are up. Radio play (I hear like every 10 minutes in the car).
And wasn't there an article saying his debts have been paid off? So I guess after he handles the money trouble he was in, he can focus on the Foundation and there plans.
Very good post. I enjoyed reading it (:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

Offline Lorrie

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 232
    • Show only replies by Lorrie
Thanks for your extensive post, itsmagic, but I'm extremely suspicious of the Heal the World Foundation due to numerous accusations from believable sources that it isn't what it claims to be, first and foremost a charitable organization legitimately related to Michael Jackson.

Long story short, Michael Jackson's estate recently filed a lawsuit against the organization that alleges it's illegally using Michael's name and likeness without permission. That's a huge no-no.

So, despite how good that website looks with its many projects listed, there's an excellent chance it's collecting donations under false pretenses and taking advantage of Michael's unsuspecting fans.

Read more about the situation at CBS, TMZ, MSNBC, ABC, and TMZ again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline zyla

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 43
    • Show only replies by zyla
Quote from: "Lorrie"
Thanks for your extensive post, itsmagic, but I'm extremely suspicious of the Heal the World Foundation due to numerous accusations from believable sources that it isn't what it claims to be, first and foremost a charitable organization legitimately related to Michael Jackson.

Long story short, Michael Jackson's estate recently filed a lawsuit against the organization that alleges it's illegally using Michael's name and likeness without permission. That's a huge no-no.

So, despite how good that website looks with its many projects listed, there's an excellent chance it's collecting donations under false pretenses and taking advantage of Michael's unsuspecting fans.

Read more about the situation at CBS, TMZ, MSNBC, ABC, and TMZ again.

No way...
I didn't hear about the foundation getting sued  ;o
Thanks for the links, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

Offline Lorrie

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 232
    • Show only replies by Lorrie
Quote from: "zyla"
No way...
I didn't hear about the foundation getting sued  ;o
Thanks for the links, though.
Oh, yeah, zyla, I kid you not. It's been talked about quite a bit at various Michael Jackson forums. That's why I made sure to include more links from bona fide news organizations and not just stupid TMZ.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline tiida11

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 248
    • Show only replies by tiida11
Thank you for your post and intelligent ideas. I'm a lurker, too, never daring to expose my own theories because i was never sure they could bring something new and interesting here, in the tons of theories, ideas, opinions aso.You spoke more of my own words and it was a real pleasure to read something new since , last days there was a little too much apathy around here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Truth is like the Sun, You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away”
                 Elvis Presley

Offline Jade Jackson

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 51
    • Show only replies by Jade Jackson
Quote from: "itsmagic"
Either the folks at Heal The World have lost their damn minds...or Michael DID do it for the money. And the attention. And the redemption of his name.
So he could save the world.

I'm speechless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline itsmagic

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 19
    • Show only replies by itsmagic
Quote from: "Lorrie"
Thanks for your extensive post, itsmagic, but I'm extremely suspicious of the Heal the World Foundation due to numerous accusations from believable sources that it isn't what it claims to be, first and foremost a charitable organization legitimately related to Michael Jackson.

Long story short, Michael Jackson's estate recently filed a lawsuit against the organization that alleges it's illegally using Michael's name and likeness without permission. That's a huge no-no.

So, despite how good that website looks with its many projects listed, there's an excellent chance it's collecting donations under false pretenses and taking advantage of Michael's unsuspecting fans.

Read more about the situation at CBS, TMZ, MSNBC, ABC, and TMZ again.


Yes, I too saw the story about the estate suing Heal The World. At the time, I thought it sounded like the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. Never saw any evidence that HTWF was taking advantage, or behaving in an inappropriate manner, though - just that strange claim that the family was suing them, then nothing else. And good God, what a SCANDALOUS lawsuit...so why aren't updates all over the news?
Kind of like so many of the other stories that have come out of MJ's death, isn't it?

Why nothing else? I've actually wondered that, almost from the beginning. Why haven't we heard anything about the charity Michael was so known for? If HTWF is now a bunch of evil folks out to take advantage of Michael's death....then why haven't they? Why hasn't HTWF been all over the place, making money on MJ? Seems like everyone else is, including his family. HTWF is obviously are not backing down from their claim that Michael supported them, and they still use his name all over the site. But they've been almost totally invisible, during these last several months of 24/7 MJ news.

If they're bad, then why aren't they seizing the moment and seriously capitalizing on that old MJ connection? There's MONEY to be made, here, and again...they are obviously not afraid of legal action, and maintain their innocence, on their website. Are they just STUPID, and without the brains to figure out how to use MJ for their own gain?

And if they're good....why so quiet? Where are the grand plans to capitalize on the emotional outpouring since his death, and raise money to continue his legacy? They have these plans, on their website, but I haven't heard a whit of this, in the news. I registered, on their website, ages ago, and never receive anything from them. No pleas for money, no spammy emails. Only way to find out about this world-changing vision, seems to be by stumbling upon their website, which likely only MJ fans would really go look for, and actually seeking out the information.
For that matter, why refer to him as dead, then keep up information on plans which require his LIVING support/leadership?


What, exactly, is the Heal the World Foundation waiting on?


Edit: Oh, yeah. I should also point out the most obvious inconsistancy, in the estate suing Heal the World: The estate approved This Is It. And TII ended with the Heal the World logo. Why would the Jacksons approve such an obvious nod to the organization they're suing?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline andrea_garay2005

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 214
    • Show only replies by andrea_garay2005
I've read that the reason this HTWF was sued is because they are not the fundation Michael sustained over the years. That this is a new foundation that was newly founded and that they have nothing to do with MJ and that they are using his name to rase more money. I also herd that the ohter HTWF has been closed or something.
I don't know what is true anymore! I find it hard to believe it was closed, that Michael did not do anything to prevent that....on the other hand he's had his financial problems on his own or at least this is what they are saying. I find this hard to believe too. I know how easily mony fly away but he is smarted than that!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I Love you Michael, no matter what!


Offline Zen

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 341
    • Show only replies by Zen
The Jacksons/estate would not sue a foundation that Michael was supporting..if he is alive.
If he is alive, they would most certainly know him to be alive.

Sorry, but I am also very suspicious of this foundation with good reason.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Freeze Frame

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 68
    • Show only replies by Freeze Frame
Was this the logo at the end of TTI?

[attachment=0:sl71y020]HTWLogo.jpg[/attachment:sl71y020]

Or was it another? I can't remember.

That CBS article raises some red flags to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DontBelieveTheHype

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 419
    • Show only replies by DontBelieveTheHype
Hi, thank you for your post. I think what you say has been on my mind too. I try and solve the theories and categorise which is most likely possible to happen and my theory for the week (or has been on my mind for a week) is that Michael did this to clear his debts. Now some of you may think ''michael would never do that just for the sake of money'', but how do you know? We dont know him, we dont know him as the business man or the man in dept. He may even DONATE all the leftover money he earned to charity!

I think he might have hoaxed his death in the name of peace and love so people would understand what his message was. I think he did this out of love, as a last resort because no one was listening anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »


JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

Offline LavdHim

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 352
    • Show only replies by LavdHim
Quote from: "itsmagic"
I'm a near-constant lurker, infrequent poster. Infrequent because a.) I'm just not a people person, and b.) I really can't get down with a lot of the prevalent beliefs, in the "hoax community." I feel positive Michael is alive. I've seen some fascinating things, here (and by "here," I mean both the old and new forums, and MJHD) and, occasionally, some genuinely impressive detective work. But most of what I've read/seen, I haven't been able to agree with/be convinced by/see any meaning in. Clues, theories, that sort of thing.

Anyway, point being - this is why I don't really post here. Or at the old "here." Some of you have probably seen more of me, on Twitter, where I post as "tiffofdoom." My Twitter posts have occasionally found their way into speculation over MHA, on the old MJKIT, which is why I tend to reject follow requests and keep to myself, on Twitter, as well.
But I've been hanging around the fringes of the hoax community, in one form or another, since July. Sorry to be such a lurker; I'm kind of a weirdo, like that.


The big question I've seen here, over and over, is why. And I agree with some of you, that no reason has ever seemed *good* enough. He does not seem to have "hidden" himself very well. Too many little nods & winks at the fans (like the end of TII); too many glaring problems with the story the media was fed. If he hoaxed his death, I think it has to be assumed that he did want those who knew him well, and who would look most closely, to have reason to believe he was not dead.

I don't really think Michael was in any more serious danger than he ever was - and IF he was, he would be in more danger, when/if he came back. Not just from his enemies, but from angry, unhinged fanatics who might try to make his hoax come true.

I don't think the DEA theory makes enough sense, either. Maybe they would work with Michael Jackson; he's the most famous man in the world, even if he's often portrayed as ridiculous. But they would also do a better job of making this look real.

One answer made the most sense to me, logically: he did it for the money. While I don't think he was as bad off as the media portrayed, he was obviously not the moneymaker he had been. His legacy had suffered, too, being mostly destroyed, by time of his "death." Michael's a genius. He knew what his death would bring, financially. He also could have bet on what his death would do, for his name. That's the big one, for me. The money that's rolled in, is amazing. But from the beginning, I was sitting back, teary-eyed, thinking "This is going to do the impossible, and restore his name."

But Michael "woudln't" do that, right? I don't agree. I think, if he really needed to, he would. Michael is Love, sure, but he's shown, time and again, that he knows how to be cutthroat. If he REALLY needed the money, he'd do it.

One other answer made the most sense, going by Michael's heart: that he did it, to save the world. But how the #@^% does THAT work? Where's the PROOF he's gonna show everyone? He'd be torn apart, before he could even open his mouth, if he faked his death just to get the world's attention, then deliver some "It's all for L.O.V.E!" message.
If he somehow died to save the world, he'd have to walk into a press conference with something TANGIBLE and IMMEDIATE. And, while I saw the message of "TII," I didn't see anything he could really deliver on.

I did post at MJKIT, right after seeing TII, though. I don't think it got much notice. I asked about the Heal The World Foundation, because it raised my eyebrows that HTWF had seemingly "come alive" again, in the months/year before Michael died, and then he ends TII with what looks like the Heal The World Foundation logo.
He wanted to change the world. His charity was back. And then, when I checked out the website, in the section in which they talk about their founder, they said Michael would return to lead them in the future. A mistake, not corrected after his death, perhaps? But creepy, considering that Michael had given no public sign he was returning to HTWF, even before he died.


Sorry for the long prelude. I'm pathologically verbose, heh. But I also think I may have found the answer to everything. I went back to HTWF, tonight, to see what they were up to, as I was planning on donating, in the next couple weeks.

Has anyone checked out their website, lately? Because I don't think any of this was there, when I last visited:

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf ... nitiatives

ItI don't know how to even summarize all this, here; it's too much. Just go, and click on EVERYTHING.

I was shocked. Amused. Then, as I kept reading, I started crying, and haven't really stopped, since. No worries, though - this is GOOD crying.
I'm sure many of you will catch how much of the initiatives sounds like Michael's own words. They do mention his death, at one point - then turn around and say what they *think* he would want to tell his fans. Later, in other descriptions of various projects, they seem to completely drop the "dead" talk, and mention his planned world tours, giving educational speeches, and heavy, ongoing involvement in this plan to save humanity.

There are annual telethons planned. Movies. Music. TV stations. Radio stations. A FREAKING NEWSPAPER. It's insanely grandiose, it's an impossible dream, it's like listening to Jesus explain how He's gonna take over the world, with hugs.
In other words....it sounds exactly like Michael Jackson. And this plan is gonna require more capital than HTWF has ever pulled in.

Either the folks at Heal The World have lost their damn minds...or Michael DID do it for the money. And the attention. And the redemption of his name.
So he could save the world.


And, as one more little drop of Weirdness, on all this - those of you who have begun following MJAwakening, on Twitter, will doubtlessly recognize how neatly the missions he(?) proposes fit with the new goals of HTWF.



To everyone:
I don't care if you still believe Michael is alive, or not. I don't care what your preferred theory of doubles or Dave-Dave or the NWO is. You can all get behind this, because this was/is Michael's life-long dream.

Support the Heal The World Foundation. Join them. Donate. And spread the word. Take it to other message boards - forums and fan groups that don't believe the hoax. Tell everyone. If you love Michael, take up his dream. Because This really IS It.[/b]

I don't think Michael did all of this for money .. he won't hurt his fans that have loved him so muchh , love him like their family just because the money's reason ..
But I agree for the save the world' theory ..  :)  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You gave me strenght when I wasn\'t strong ..
You gave me hope when all hope was lost ..
You open my eyes when I couldn\'t see ..
Thank you for everything, Michael ..
ILYSM !

Offline Melzy777

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 501
    • Show only replies by Melzy777
Well, don't hit me, but I think (if the hoax is true), that he did it for #1money, #2HTWF, #3family, #4reputation, etcetc too.

Because, let's not forget that a percentage of all sales for TII were going to charities.. So that solves #1, #2 and #3.. Sure, Michael gets money out of it, but think about who's really going to be getting that money. His kids, and the charities. Two things that matter most to him. Everything he's done has been done FOR THE FUTURE. And the end justifies the means.  ;)

And, #4 reputation: if you ever taken the time to go back in time and read what people wrote about Michael only 1 year ago then you'll know that next to NO ONE was taking him seriously. :( People complain about haters saying bad things about him now, well HELLO??? rewind the clock. What people say now isn't nearly as bad as what they used to say. So, Yes I think he did this for all of the above, and in doing so he also cleared his debts - a perk that comes with it.

As for coming back.. Sometimes I get the feeling that wasn't part of the original plan anyway. But maybe, he wanted to see how we all reacted first, and has come up with an idea since..

So, thank you for posting.  :)  

Ok, next.. I see some are suspicious of the HTWF site. I'm not sure I believe it's legit either. So let's have a look then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heal_the_W ... _confusion

I checked out google cache and got to see what some pages looked like a week ago. They've been changing stuff. I saw how they talk about Michael as deceased one second, then not in the next sentence.  :?  With the amount of editing they are doing over there at the moment I'd have thought that's something they wouldn't have overlooked. So it must be left there intentionally. And where are all their different photos coming from?!  :?:   If y'all haven't looked yet, but are sitting here replying 'how you think this' and 'how you think that' then you should really go do what itsmagic suggested to do first and go click-crazy over on HTWF - not to be fooled by them if it is fake, but just to be aware of the situation. Suss it out.  ;)

I also checked out their twitter page. It started June 30th this year.  :?  coincidence? of course not.
http://twitter.com/healtheworldfdn

and, whois
http://whois.domaintools.com/healtheworld.us
Created: 2005-07-19
Expires: 2010-07-18
There's a record for 11th May 2003 though..  :?:  :?:
"Whois History: 36 records have been archived since 2003-05-11 . "
I had to be sure that was 11th May. and not 5th November.
I'd actually like to know if there's been some completely unrelated name changes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Offline mjssoulmate

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 820
    • Show only replies by mjssoulmate
Thanks for the post.  It's been a few months since I checked on HTWF.  What a surprise...What an undertaking!  It sounds like a well thoughtout plan to heal the world, but not an easy one.  
Here is something interesting in reference to planned music releases.
"It is funny I don't know too much about the music business or this initiative, but I think Mr. Jackson will know what to do with it." Melissa Johnson

We all talk about Michael not hoaxing his death for trivial reasons, because he wouldn't do that to his fans.  I'm not sure I agree with that.  If healing the world is his mission, and there is a sense of urgency (2012), why not?  It seems to me that there is no better reason than healing the world, and if he gets the much desired and deserved privacy and rest as an added bonus, why wouldn't he do it? He is only human , after all. I remember Kenny Ortega saying something about fans listening to his music and not really hearing his messages.  I also remember him mentioning Michael's army in TII.  
20% of the estate goes to charities.  We don't know which charities, but since Heal the Kids and Heal the World are the ones he mostly talked about, some of the money is probably going toward them, which would give them something to start this iniative.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Offline SPAKKLE29FUL

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 1148
    • Show only replies by SPAKKLE29FUL
Quote from: "Jade Jackson"
Quote from: "itsmagic"
Either the folks at Heal The World have lost their damn minds...or Michael DID do it for the money. And the attention. And the redemption of his name.
So he could save the world.

I'm speechless.
so am i and that dont happen often :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Alem (Thetruth)

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 372
    • Show only replies by Alem (Thetruth)
No one of us are entitled to say what Michael would and would not do, we can speculate yes but not claim it as fact. Idk if he would do this for the money perhaps, perhaps not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ



www.twitter.com/alem_mj

Offline itsmagic

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 19
    • Show only replies by itsmagic
I only have a few minutes, here, and I sometimes suck at organizing my thoughts. You have been warned, lol. But here's some of what I know, about HTWF, just going from memory, and with no links, since I'm posting this from the Wii, and can't copy links/open more windows. Go dig for yourself, if you want follow-up on anything.

Heal the World died, and yes, Michael let it die. I for one don't blame him - the world nearly killed him, a couple times, over the last couple decades. His dream barely even got off the ground, before his life became a morass of drug addicition, molestation charges, and "Wacko Jacko." He started a dream, then could not continue both that dream, and the fight to save himself. So, by 2001(?) or so, HTWF was, essentially dead.

The core of HTWF kept going, kept working, but without much impact or publicity, b/c they did not have the funding, or the leadership of Michael. More than once, he wanted to revive his charity, but did not do so, for many reasons - many of Michael's dreams were ended or delayed, by the hell that his life became. And personally, I think it's naive and insulting, to believe that "Michael would never abandon (this or that)." Of course he would. He's human, and he does have a breaking point. You can look back, and see how much his charity work was hurt/reduced, by his ever-growing public image problems.

If you use the Wayback Machine (Google it) to view the CURRENT HTWF site, you will see that they tried to relaunch it, in 2003 or 2004, then it vanishes, again. HTWF, as it is, today, was officially reborn in 2008, when Melissa Johnson (who claims to have been involved from the beginning) began filing the paperwork needed to reform as a charity. According to the IRS paperwork, she funded this with a personal loan, from her own pocket. Their operating budget was less than $2000. I assume the website popped up, sometime in late 2008, as well. In May of 2009, she opened their YouTube channel. Obviously, she and her little group (of about 15, according to the IRS records) were trying to bring HTWF back to life, before Michael's death, so one can assume their efforts were not just a ploy to take advantage of his passing.

Did they have Michael's approval then? Again, one would assume so, but I don't know. He certainly didn't sue her, when she launched a website, YouTube channel, and used his name and face all over her site. And we do know that Michael had supposedly had some kind or "reawakening" of his own, when he realized/decided that "This Is It" could be used to "heal the world."
Coincidence? Maybe, but it seems doubtful, doesn't it?

Melissa Johnson has a long statement/Q&A posted on the HTWF site, in which she grieves for Michael, and expresses fear and confusion over the foundation's future. If we assume that is real, and HTWF thinks of Michael as dead, one would have to wonder: "Why did they leave up all the references to Michael's future work with them? Why the statement that he would return and lead them into the future?"

I don't have answers for this stuff, either. I don't know why the Jacksons would sue HTWF, or even IF we can believe that story. But we've all been looking for that ONE reason which would offer a concrete explanation for WHY Michael would do such a dramatic, risky, hurtful thing. And this, to me, is the best I've seen. Of all the coincidences, the fact that both Michael and his charity seemed to be coming back from obscurity, just before his death, is possibly the most haunting. It gives him not only a reason, but something solid he could offer the public, and the media: "Look, HERE is the plan. HERE is something big enough to justify what I had to do."


Before his "death," Michael Jackson had destroyed his own message. It wasn't his fault, for the most part; he was attacked and villified so much that the image, the "Wacko Jacko" thing had overshadowed any good he could ever do. Imagine, if you will, that he tried to restart his foundation, earlier this year. Would people have listened? Cared? Or just laughed?
How many of YOU were thinking about Michael Jackson, on June 24th? I'm not being critical, here, just trying to make a point. How many of you kind of forgot how much you loved him, until that terrible moment of hearing he was gone?

Michael Jackson, as an image, as a brand, as a spokesperson, had long become a joke. For all his fame and good works, Michael Jackson was no longer in a position to change the world. And I cannot imagine anything he could have ever done, to turn back that tide, and redeem his name - regain his standing, as a leader. Make people stop giggling at him and start HEARING THE MESSAGE, again.

Except die. I often thought that, that the world would never really SEE Michael Jackson for what he was, again, until he was gone. And I really think he knew that, and finally chose to use it.


Like I said, in my first post: The one thing that bothered me, about the theory of "MJ died to save the world," was HOW? How the hell is Michael Jackson gonna pop up and save the world?
This is how, I think. I still don't know his plan, but looking at the plans on the Heal the World site, I started to be able to imagine how it really could happen.


So, like I said: check it out. Spread the word. If you're afraid to donate your money, then donate your time, until you see convincing results. HTWF is an actual charity; some of that paperwork is available, on the site. And I have seen not a shred of evidence that they are "using" Michael's name, in any negative fashion. Matter of fact, if you read through their "initiatives" - all of them - they read as if they were written by Michael, himself (and likely, they were). I personally have no doubt that they are doing Michael's work, so it should not matter if he is here, gone, alive, dead - this is either what he wants, or what he WOULD have wanted.

It is, quite simply, a dream that deserves belief. I would follow it, with or without Michael. I encourage you all to look into doing the same.


Edit: Oh, and for whomever asked - at the end of TII, the image that appeared was essentially the same as the HTWF logo. The "Earth Girl" held/hugged the world, and then tossed it into the air (I think?), at which point "Heal the World" appeared above it, in a curve, like the HTWF logo. It did not say "Foundation," and so was not perfectly identical. But anyone who saw it would instantly think of Michael's old charity, and many people likely looked up HTWF, because of that image. The Jacksons are not stupid. They would realize that this was going to send fans scurrying over to HTWF, and make it appar as if HTWF had Michael's support, so if they were really suing the foundation, why would they EVER have approved that? Why would their LAWYERS have approved that?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Melzy777

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 501
    • Show only replies by Melzy777
Quote from: "Alem (Thetruth)"
No one of us are entitled to say what Michael would and would not do, we can speculate yes but not claim it as fact. Idk if he would do this for the money perhaps, perhaps not.
Of course. I can't see anyone saying "I KNOW MICHAEL...". I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread so far have only expressed their opinions. "I think Michael..." seems to be in EVERY post.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Offline shasta2001

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 38
    • Show only replies by shasta2001
I think there are several different Heal the World Foundations. The one associated with MJ stopped in 2004 but the website the originator of this thread gave looks like the old Heal the World site.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Melzy777

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 501
    • Show only replies by Melzy777
@ itsmagic That's how I see it too. Janet Jackson - "Don't know what you got til it's gone" And I have no idea how he'd come back, but it's going to have to be End of The World related for people to take him seriously. I think..

I forgot about the wayback machine. Wasn't it around 2003 at his 45th birthday celebration that Michael said he was going to make a website to bring all his fans together?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DtxWKzQr0
The website he mentioned is http://mjjsource.com/ which shows as under construction. Wayback shows a pretty page though.
I think there's some clues in that video. It seems relevant to this year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Offline Ninanina

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 439
    • Show only replies by Ninanina
Isn't there a way to look up the lawsuit online?

I believe(d) them, too, but just wondered, why they don't proof their connection to Michael, although they clam to have loads of proof.
A pic of Melissa (the president) with Michael i.e. - would give many doubters a positive feeling.

The Jackson Estate suing them isn't a proof for me, that HTWF is not connected to Michael.
When I read this, I thought, the organisation is simply a place where no money can be made - and they don't like that.
HTWF was actually among the first things I looked up on the internet after June 25th. I totally believed them, just wondered, why the logo and the whole website design was so old fashioned. And then the same style appeared in TII, which didn'T fit into the style of the whole movie! It looked like an advertise to me... And probably it was.

Does the Estate sue them to get them full attention, after the court decides, that they actually ARE connected to Michael?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
________________________________________________________
A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.
________________________________________________________


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
1324 Views
Last post January 22, 2010, 09:05:35 AM
by Malakye808
48 Replies
2121 Views
Last post March 26, 2010, 02:41:35 AM
by iMISSYOUMJ
33 Replies
1150 Views
Last post April 09, 2010, 01:49:40 AM
by WendyE
54 Replies
5505 Views
Last post April 11, 2010, 11:48:47 AM
by trisha
31 Replies
1847 Views
Last post October 14, 2010, 06:30:58 AM
by Tink.I.Am