lomaTopic starter

Re: Baja Cali hit by a 6.9
April 04, 2010, 07:56:30 PM
It was crazy!
I'm in the Central Valley, not so far from L.A,
and water was splashing out of people's pools.
Nice to see everyone is okay.  :shock:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

April 04, 2010, 08:45:17 PM
OMG glade everyone seems to be okay......Jesus what is going on?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
April 04, 2010, 08:50:48 PM
Just seen the news here in Australia.   On behalf of all Australians ,we are glad nobody was injured. We send our L.O.V.E.    Hey, by the way, we here in Australia have also been experiencing some minor tremors as well.  Very unusual for our country.  This is bad news................
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WendyE

April 04, 2010, 09:01:21 PM
The earthquake was upgraded to a 7.2 from a 6.9. Originally they reported it to be 20.1 feet deep. Now Cal Tech says they were only 5 miles deep. This concerns me. I have been in California all of my life and been through many quakes. The reason is that Northern California is having quakes and the Southern is also. I believe and it's just an educated guess that the San Andres fault is about to go. It is being awakened by all these others faults. I did not feel this one but my family about 5 miles from here did. That is weird. Usually when they feel it I do too. The water in their pool was spilling out.

I am glad that everyone is okay.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 04, 2010, 11:34:39 PM
I finally got home from work to post about the earthquake.I live in San Diego and we felt it pretty good it was a  swaying and rolling motion.I work in a grocery store people started panicking and  running toward the  exit doors.A coworker and I ran into a walk in freezer we knew we would be safe in there just in case the building would start tumbling down. Thank God nothing serious happened.....But that was the longest earthquake I can remember experiencing and believe me I have had my share of them living out here in Cali. The only thing that was going thru my mind was "It's Easter Sunday and we are having an Earthquake"? Very odd.  :    I hope all is well with everyone else and keep the faith.      xoxoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 04, 2010, 11:43:46 PM
i work in a really old building and i was standing in the hallway and i felt a slight movement and then all of a sudden the rolling started to increase and the entire building was swaying back and forth for sooo long. i know that buildings in california are built to move, but i've never been in a building that moved so much. people were standing in the middle of the street and the sidewalks and parked cars were moving back and forth. it lasted for at least 30 seconds. i felt 2 aftershocks within an hour after the first one hit. ugh i hate earthquakesssss.

i haven't heard the news yet about how baja is. i hope to god they are all right. i hope all of my southern california people are well too!
Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:04:55 AM by mjfansince4
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

April 04, 2010, 11:48:25 PM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Now that we know everyone is safe, It's my guess that Murray won't be showing up to court tomorrow.  Remember, last time it was the rain.

That made me laugh! :lol:

This has also crossed my mind.. dont be surprised if its cancelled now
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Em

April 05, 2010, 12:08:21 AM
I live in Los Angeles and felt it. I was on the computer and felt my seat and the house rocking. I went outside and watched the bushes in front of the house shake around. That must have been a pretty strong earthquake to feel it from that far away.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

April 05, 2010, 12:16:54 AM
It was very strange, about 3:45 or so here in Phoenix I felt it. Me and my friends had just sat down in the living room, and started our movie, all the sudden I felt  this really faint vibration coming from the floor through the couch, I remember feeling really weird almost seemed I was getting dizzy. I was about to say to my friends "do we have earthquacks here in Phoenix"? but no one else seemed to notice so I did not say anything,I thought I was just imagining it somehow... I have not heard of anyone being hurt so far, hopefully the report stays that way. Glad to see all of you are ok.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

April 05, 2010, 12:23:11 AM
Quote from: "WendyE"
The earthquake was upgraded to a 7.2 from a 6.9. Originally they reported it to be 20.1 feet deep. Now Cal Tech says they were only 5 miles deep. This concerns me. I have been in California all of my life and been through many quakes. The reason is that Northern California is having quakes and the Southern is also. I believe and it's just an educated guess that the San Andres fault is about to go. It is being awakened by all these others faults. I did not feel this one but my family about 5 miles from here did. That is weird. Usually when they feel it I do too. The water in their pool was spilling out.

I am glad that everyone is okay.

I agree Wendy about the San Andres fault, when this fault goes its going to hit all of Cali from the north to the south its not going to be good at all. I am a California native myself, and planning on moving back to Cali, next year, I still want to come back home eventhough there are quacks, I love my home...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2 Bad

April 05, 2010, 04:29:36 AM
This earthquake reminded me of a story I read.

It's about a town in Oregon that uses Geothermal energy. Read down further...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
" KLAMATH FALLS - When snow falls on this downtown of brick buildings and glass storefronts in Southern Oregon, it piles up everywhere but the sidewalks. It's the first sign that this timber and ranching town is like few others.

A combination of hot rocks and water like those that created Yellowstone's geysers have been tapped by the city to keep the sidewalks toasty since the early 1990s. They also heat downtown buildings, kettles at a brewhouse and greenhouses, and they keep the lights on at a college campus...."
OK well that is pretty cool, great idea! Notice the big oil boys sort of stopped any growth on this. But the thing that caught my eye was this:
<<<<"The major problem with EGS is the potential to create earthquakes.>>>>

Pumping water into the ground to open numerous tiny fractures in the rock for a reservoir makes the Earth move. Earthquakes stopped an EGS project in the middle of Basel, Switzerland, last year, and an international protocol has been developed for monitoring and mitigating earthquake problems..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 05, 2010, 10:06:32 AM
Has anyone looked into HAARP whether there is a connection to them, since I know people are saying they started the earthquake that hit Haiti. I remember seeing a video online about HAARP and how they describe how they would use vibrations and sounds to match the vibrations of buildings and different places. It reminds of the episode of Mythbusters when they have a guy shatter a glass and they had to try to figure out the exact vibration of the glass to actually shatter it.

People need to start looking into HAARP more and start thinking are the earthquakes really nature made or man made by HAARP.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. In One!

April 05, 2010, 10:07:56 AM
OMG this is scaryy! another earthquake?? :o hope u guyz are all ok!! wat if murray dsnt come 2 court and its postponed because of this? its gonna be such an anticlimax i wnt be able to deal with it!!  :(  :? <33 l.ov.e. from australia xxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=200]When words fail, music speaks..[/size]

[size=150]Music is my life...michael you are my music and therefore my life =) [/size]

[size=150]Believe in L.O.V.E and magic[/size]

April 05, 2010, 10:33:45 AM
been in california my whole life and this 7.2 was the worst earthquake ive ever felt. hopefully i will NEVER feel one stronger. it was rough in the east county of san diego. the shaking, the noises, the rolling. my nerves are a complete mess as we continue to have aftershocks (which even at 5.1) feel like nothign compared to yesterdays quake) but my nerves can't handle it. then i get to work this morning and they set off the fire alarm. i about jumped out of my chair. i cant handle this. lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~[size=150]HEAL THE WORLD[/size]~
i march to the beat of MJs drum

lomaTopic starter

April 05, 2010, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: "L.O.V.Eispower"
OMG this is scaryy! another earthquake?? :o hope u guyz are all ok!! wat if murray dsnt come 2 court and its postponed because of this? its gonna be such an anticlimax i wnt be able to deal with it!!  :(  :? <33 l.ov.e. from australia xxxx
Well I don't think it affected the courtroom, so I don't think it'd affect the hearing.  :?
But it was pretty bad. I'm still shaken up. (No pun intended)I
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.