Quote from: "loyalfan"
on the topic of oprah.....i felt upset at the fact that she did that interview with micheal at neverland........and was all buddy buddy.......then she interviewed lisa marie presley,at a later date......and i was gutted at lisa being so disloyal...and oprah .......on her side......it just shows that you wear the hat to fit at the time...so insincere.........this is of course only my opinion on things.......xxxxx
I completely feel the same way about Oprah.  I used to watch her shows and I used to have respect for her, until I saw all 3 shows of her about Michael.  The first one was the so called buddy buddy interview at Neverland, then the LMP interview and finally the one she had about his death.  I was so disgusted how she talked about her being close to him that she wished she could have helped him. (This was in the last one)  I was like, give me a freaking break!  Oprah doesnt know which side she wants to be on.  I guess it just depends on who she is interviewing at the time.  I for one am glad that she is retiring soon.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If she walked away from the last intervention...I don't buy that it was so painful because she has been around a lot of it.    I think you become a little more desensitized to it, learn from it and realize how dangerous addiction really is.  If she walked, hm, I would guess she got angry :?:   She spent an inordinate amount of time convincing everyone that she knew what addiction was.  I guess Murray will be exonerated after all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Invincible1"
If she walked away from the last intervention...I don't buy that it was so painful because she has been around a lot of it.    I think you become a little more desensitized to it, learn from it and realize how dangerous addiction really is.  If she walked, hm, I would guess she got angry :?:   She spent an inordinate amount of time convincing everyone that she knew what addiction was.  I guess Murray will be exonerated after all.

Oh god kill me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

My thoughts? I don't know and really no one knows aside from the person who may be abusing drugs. I have a couple of family members who are addicted to drugs and/or  alcohol. They are in denial and they continually give the impression that they are in control of their situations. Denial...pure and simple. Addiction is an equal opportunity disease. It can occur anytime anywhere and with anyone. Celebrities aren't immune. If anything they are prone to addictions because they have vast resources that you and I don't have to acquire their drug of choice. Each person faces challenges in life but most of us do it privately whereas celebrities live their lives publically and in fish bowls. That's no excuse it is just an observation. People often say that Mj wouldn't have become addicted because he has so much going for him and he has the children to consider. Well consider this...there are many addicts who have jobs, homes, and family including children that they ignore because of their addictions. Smart people can make dumb choices in life.

Oprah may have been simply asking the questions that so many others... fans or non-fans... may be asking. How is it that someone like MJ could get caught up in the addiction cycle? Face it we do place some people on pedastals and assume that they are immune from normal human frailties and vulneralbilities. MJ was one of those people.

I cannot claim one way or another to know if MJ was a casual abuser or a total druggie or not addicted at all. I cannot say that I know. No one ever fits the profile. What is the profile of an abuser anyway? I have met abusers and none of them ever fit the stereotypical profile.

If MJ was an abuser then he had to do things to hide his  addiction. That is the first thing that most addicts do. So that means that he may have indeed isolated himself and cut himself off from people that he knew especially those who would have detected the abuse. There have been quite a few family members and friends who have spoken up and stated that they had not talked to or spent time with him in years.  That speaks volumes.

I honestly hope that MJ didn't get caught in that trap. If he did, I sincerely hope that he sought help and found it. Addictions happen and they aren't necessarily the end of the world particularly if a person seeks help and climbs out of that hole.

Quote from: "mjboogie"
I was just about to start a topic on this. ! I sat and watched this entire interview (and I plan on going back to review it) But you know what.........I get sooooo angry at Ophra because she spent quite a bit of minutes interviewing Janet about  MJ I was like dam!~Go ahead and discuss the movie.

For some reason it seems that they are trying to convince or (based on Ophrah's behavior)people that MJ was this TOTAL DRUGGIE!! I could not believe when Tyler stepped in! Speaking on Janet's behalf!! I was like WoW!!

Tyler kept saying the Jackson's tried really really hard to help MJ and Ophrah was like "Yeah but its not that easy when you have money and power like MJ" I guess the Jacksons' have been getting negative comments regarding MJ's supposed drug addiction?

Like Ophrah just kept pushing the drug issue which totally pissed me off!! :evil: I mean maybe I am in denial but I just dont' see MJ as this Crazy Desperate Druggie! I just don't! Your thoughts on this?

Has anyone picked up on Janet's behavior in this interview it was kinda hard for me to analyze her in this one. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Janet's nice, Latoya is free, and Joe doesn't have an agenda
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
My thoughts? I don't know and really no one knows aside from the person who may be abusing drugs. I have a couple of family members who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. They are in denial and they continually give the impression that they are in control of their situations. Denial...pure and simple. Addiction is an equal opportunity disease. It can occur anytime anywhere and with anyone. Celebrities aren't immune. If anything they are prone to addictions because they have vast resources that you and I don't have to acquire their drug of choice. Each person faces challenges in life but most of us do it privately whereas celebrities live their lives publically and in fish bowls. That's no excuse it is just an observation. People often say that Mj wouldn't have become addicted because he has so much going for him and he has the children to consider. Well consider this...there are many addicts who have jobs, homes, and family including children that they ignore because of their addictions. Smart people can make dumb choices in life.

Oprah may have been simply asking the questions that so many others... fans or non-fans... may be asking. How is it that someone like MJ could get caught up in the addiction cycle? Face it we do place some people on pedastals and assume that they are immune from normal human frailties and vulneralbilities. MJ was one of those people.

I cannot claim one way or another to know if MJ was a casual abuser or a total druggie or not addicted at all. I cannot say that I know. No one ever fits the profile. What is the profile of an abuser anyway? I have met abusers and none of them ever fit the stereotypical profile.

If MJ was an abuser then he had to do things to hide his addiction. That is the first thing that most addicts do. So that means that he may have indeed isolated himself and cut himself off from people that he knew especially those who would have detected the abuse. There have been quite a few family members and friends who have spoken up and stated that they had not talked to or spent time with him in years. That speaks volumes.

I honestly hope that MJ didn't get caught in that trap. If he did, I sincerely hope that he sought help and found it. Addictions happen and they aren't necessarily the end of the world particularly if a person seeks help and climbs out of that hole

i totally agree
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "bubaliciousjlb"
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
My thoughts? I don't know and really no one knows aside from the person who may be abusing drugs. I have a couple of family members who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. They are in denial and they continually give the impression that they are in control of their situations. Denial...pure and simple. Addiction is an equal opportunity disease. It can occur anytime anywhere and with anyone. Celebrities aren't immune. If anything they are prone to addictions because they have vast resources that you and I don't have to acquire their drug of choice. Each person faces challenges in life but most of us do it privately whereas celebrities live their lives publically and in fish bowls. That's no excuse it is just an observation. People often say that Mj wouldn't have become addicted because he has so much going for him and he has the children to consider. Well consider this...there are many addicts who have jobs, homes, and family including children that they ignore because of their addictions. Smart people can make dumb choices in life.

If MJ was an abuser then he had to do things to hide his addiction. That is the first thing that most addicts do. So that means that he may have indeed isolated himself and cut himself off from people that he knew especially those who would have detected the abuse. There have been quite a few family members and friends who have spoken up and stated that they had not talked to or spent time with him in years. That speaks volumes.

I honestly hope that MJ didn't get caught in that trap. If he did, I sincerely hope that he sought help and found it. Addictions happen and they aren't necessarily the end of the world particularly if a person seeks help and climbs out of that hole

i totally agree

fucking awesome
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
There is a time and place for every and anything. However I would think that 3 days before the trial is due to commence to save Murray's black ass just is not it. She should shut up now and if she still sees a need to get it out there that bad, talk later. :roll: But for heavens sake don't be the one to give Murray's side the perfect defense.

what is this? what does it mean?

I guess the poster ment, if Janet admits her brother passed because he was abusing drugs, that would be sort of defense for Murrey.
However, even if Michael would have been drug abuse for real, that is a debit for Murrey, not a credit and help in defense. Murrey as took responsibility to take care of patent must have done the following: 1. request and review Michael's past medical record; 2. If he suspects Michael has an addiction, he must stop giving any medication and contact appropriate med. professional with the request to interfere and properly help addicted patient, not continue drug him up to get his $50,000 salary. No matter what Janet says, nothing in defense to Murrey.

i understood what was said i just did not care for the racial slur that was added that is why i highlighted it with red it wasnt the whole statement just saying that murray was trying to save his black assthat is what i had a problem with.

Not a racial slur. His ass is black and so is mine :roll:

well maybe you should have a little more respect for your ass and his. lets not forget this is a universal forum ;)

Is it the word "black" that you find disrespectful?  Ahem?  I've seen ass on here any number of times and far worse, but I will  not  go there this day.  I have vowed to remain stress free and dwell on more important issues. Have a happy Easter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Raven

Quote from: "scorpionchik"
I guess the poster ment, if Janet admits her brother passed because he was abusing drugs, that would be sort of defense for Murrey.
However,  even if Michael would have been drug abuse for real, that is a debit for Murrey, not a credit and help in defense.  Murrey as took responsibility to take care of patent must have done the following: 1. request and review Michael's past medical record; 2. If he suspects Michael has an addiction, he must stop giving any medication and contact appropriate med. professional with the request to interfere and properly help addicted patient, not continue drug him up to get his $50,000 salary.  No matter what Janet says, nothing in defense to Murrey.
I second that.

It's obvious Michael had a problem with prescription drug dependency and the family did do their best to intervene. It is interfering with the investigation of a possible murder cover up though, if he took these substances voluntarily.

She went emotional when Oprah asked her what her last words to Michael were and she said "I love you". You can see the moment being rehashed in her mind and appearing on her face. Hard to tell, but convincing that he really has passed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "whisper"
I watched Janet with Oprah .... Couldn't get anything from it ...What do u think guys ?
Her emotions look  so real..

yeah, there's a word for thatacting
 ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

the arabian nights

from  what i have heard from janet - it seems to me that he has been dead to her for so long

at the first awards did not  think she knew, but when she was interviewed and was smiling she knew, now i think she thinks its enough and she is focusing on her and distancing herself

will she turn up today at court - nope i think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I've got one final thing to say about this drug addiction Michael supposedly had.  If Michael is dead and the autopsy and forensics reports are indeed true, those documents would disprove in any court of law that Michael was an addict.  If you've read it  you'd know it too.  Addicts ABUSE drugs, take them above and beyond what is prescribed.  That's a known fact and not an opinion.  All the drugs that were listed, ALL of them, still had some pills left in the bottles.  Some were prescribed months and months before 6/25/09.  If he were so addicted, ALL of those bottles would have been completely EMPTY, which proves that he was taking them AS PRESCRIBED, and not abusing them.  Granted he had been prescribed a lot of different meds, but that's on the doctors and not Michael.  He was following the dosages and relying of his doctors knowing what they were doing.  Go back and check for yourselves.  His doctor or doctors were over medicating him.  He was  ingesting the dosages obviously at the times and in the amounts for which they had been prescribed.  That, in MY OPINION, let me stressed that so as not to be told "you don't know for sure" so in my opinion he was not an addict.  His doctors were incompetent and greedy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions