Special Cream?
March 23, 2010, 12:44:08 PM
If Michael hasn't planned this plan so perfect i don't know anything anymore!! I think its amazing. Our new health care i bet is about to start offering cures for any and everything for cheap. Cheap is the word. Nothing good comes cheap or free. Get your free flu shot, also next year when all that mercury sets up your cancer we got the cure for you for cheap. Strange diseases Ha and there is no cure. That is a lie that has been sold for tooooooo long!!! The OIL is coming back and anyone who reads the Bible i hope you understand. It has been lost and out of sight for a long time but it is coming back. I know this has got to be his special cream. Maybe I am wrong but it makes so much since. Keep blowing the trumpet, hopefully more people are starting to catch on. I know the adventure is really starting to roll now. Nothing can be done if we all raise our voice as ONE. It is Time. It truly is IT!!! The gospel is the good news and there is good news. Good is a understatement. Through time ALL truth is revealed and people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge. The system is going down and it is all in our hands, THE PEOPLE, THE Children. Peace!!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

Re: Special Cream?
March 23, 2010, 02:28:05 PM
well that given food for thought ....thanks.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Em

March 23, 2010, 06:16:47 PM
Yes, I thought that was so odd about "special cream" he couldn't let the world know about! I thought this must be a part of it all.
I think things are really cookin' now.
And what about that new pic of Murray???

Wait until next month and we'll see.
Em
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

libra8

March 23, 2010, 08:29:02 PM
I looked up "cream" in the Urban dictionary: cream is slang for: Cocaine, & "Crack Cocaine"

There are other definitions, but nothing that would need to be hid from the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It\'s Black, It\'s White
It\'s Tough For You
To Get By

It\'s Black, It\'s White, Whoo

March 23, 2010, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: "libra8"
I looked up "cream" in the Urban dictionary: cream is slang for: Cocaine, & "Crack Cocaine"

There are other definitions, but nothing that would need to be hid from the world.
:shock:  :o  :o  :(  :roll:  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 23, 2010, 10:32:20 PM
Could the special cream be some type of bleaching cream for his skin?  Even though he said he didn't do that.  Did anyone ever...wait a minute...didn't Arnold Klein say on LKL that he used some kind of cream to lighten his skin to make it even?  Seems I recall something like that.    

Maybe MJ didn't want the world to know what he really did (even though AK blabbed it)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 23, 2010, 10:34:43 PM
Or, could the cream have had some type of drug in it?  This may sound totally stupid but is there any way propofol could have been put into a skin cream that he used?  Could the body absorb it that way?  Probably totally stupid, but what do you think?  Anyway to get it into the bloodstream other than an IV?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 24, 2010, 12:21:20 AM
Lawyers on Joey Behar show said the cream is an excuse. An excuse to say MJ used to a special cream and Murray was trying to keep the world from knowing about it. It was an excuse as to why he stopped with the CPR - it's what he will try and use on the jury.
Incredible.... The show is getting better everyday! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 24, 2010, 12:47:49 AM
I'm reposting this from this thread:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bizarre - Bizarre - the CPR and the Cream Thingies.

We got known to TMZ over the last couple of months and know they like to play some wordgames and mindgames with us. So I decided again: back to the basics. Enjoy.
I got some questionmarks to say the least.

Doc Murray is the supernumerary for MJ. He is starring for MJ in the trial.
So Doc Murray on behalf of MJ stopped "CPR" to "hide drugs".

says:
[When should I stop CPR? When help arrives to take over, or the victim starts to move.]

I looked into the word "CPR" again which could have a different meaning than what we think at first sight and here we go:
CPR is an acronym standing for:
* American Bar Association Model Code of Professional Responsibility
    * Car plate recognition, or Automatic number plate recognition
    * Canadian Pacific Railway
    * Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
    * Casper/Natrona County International Airport in Casper, Wyoming (IATA Code: CPR)
    * Central Pacific Railroad
    * Centre for Policy Research, a think tank in New Delhi, India
    * Chicago Public Radio
    * Civil Procedure Rules 1998, civil code of England and Wales
    * Classification of Pharmaco-Therapeutic Referrals
    * Colorado Public Radio
    * Common Pool Resource
    * Communist Party of Russia
    * Concrete Pavement Restoration
    * Conditional prepayment rate
    * Compression Phaser Rifle, a directed energy weapon used in Star Trek
    * Condominium Property Regime[1], a way of subdividing real estate property in Hawaii
    * Conservatives for Patients' Rights, a pressure group founded and funded by Rick Scott that argues for private insurance methods to pay for health care
    * Continuous Plankton Recorder
    * Controlled Pattern File Release, used by Trend Micro to refer to pre-release versions of definitions for their antivirus products
    * Corporate Punishment Records, record label
    * Country Performance Rating, a tool from the International Development Association of the World Bank
    * CPR (band), whose members are David Crosby, Jeff Pevar, and Crosby's son James Raymond
    * Cytochrome P450 reductase
    * Cubase PRoject file, a file extension for work files used in Steinberg's Cubase e.g. mySong.CPR
    * Immanuel Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, one of the greatest works in all of philosophy
    * Det Centrale Personregister (Danish Central Office of Civil Registration)
    * Cyberpunk Review
    * In suicide prevention CPR acronym stands for the three risk signs for suicide: Current plan, Prior Attempts, and Resources [2]

I got curious about this one:    * American Bar Association Model Code of Professional Responsibility and it's about:
[The American Bar Association Model Code of Professional Responsibility, created by the American Bar Association (ABA) in 1969, was a set of professional standards designed to establish the minimum baseline of legal ethics and professional responsibility generally required of lawyers in the United States.
It was replaced with the Model Rules of Professional Conduct in 1983 for a number of reasons, especially the Watergate scandal. ]

Then I checked the band CPR:
[CPR or Crosby, Pevar & Raymond was a rock/jazz band that consisted of David Crosby (founding member of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), session guitarist Jeff Pevar, and pianist James Raymond (Crosby's son).
The first song that Crosby and Raymond co-wrote, "Morrison", was performed live for the first time on in January 1997. The song recalled Crosby's feelings about the portrayal of Jim Morrison in the movie The Doors.]

[James Douglas "Jim" Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971) was an American singer, songwriter, poet, writer and filmmaker. He was best known as the lead singer and lyricist of The Doors and is widely considered to be one of the most charismatic frontmen  in rock music history.]
[Morrison flew to Paris in March 1971, took up residence in a rented apartment [...]
Morrison died on July 3, 1971. In the official account of his death, he was found in a Paris apartment bathtub by Courson. Pursuant to French law, no autopsy was performed because the medical examiner claimed to have found no evidence of foul play. The absence of an official autopsy has left many questions regarding Morrison's cause of death.]

In addition, I stumbled somewhat about the "Murray said he needed to go back to the mansion to get cream Jackson had "so the world wouldn't find out about it." " sentence.

What is "cream"?

[Cream is a dairy product that is composed of the higher-butterfat layer skimmed from the top of milk before homogenization.] [...][Cream is used as an ingredient in many foods, including ice cream, many sauces, soups, stews, puddings, and some custard bases, and is also used for cakes. Irish cream is an alcoholic liqueur which blends cream with whiskey and coffee.]

[Cream  is the higher-butterfat layer skimmed from the top of milk.
Cream may also refer to:
In music:
* Cream (band), the British blues-rock band from the late 1960s
    * Cream (nightclub), a dance club in Liverpool, England
   * "Cream" (song), a 1991 song by Prince and the New Power Generation
    * "Cream" (Blank & Jones song), a song by Blank & Jones
   * "C.R.E.A.M.", a song by Wu-Tang Clan

Other uses:
    * Cream (colour), an off-white colour
    * Cream (pharmaceutical), a topical preparation usually for application to the skin
    * "The cream", a testosterone-based ointment used to mask steroid use
    * Cream (software), a configuration of the Vim text editor
    * Cognitive Reliability and Error Analysis Method (CREAM), an approach to human reliability analysis proposed by Erik Hollnagel
    * CREAM - Cosmic Ray Energetics And Mass, NASA's balloon borne experiment.
    * CREAM, a human reliability analysis technique.
]

What rings in my ears (among other associations in connection with the "milky way" we got already used to)?

The famous and influencial band "Cream" with Eric Clapton and songs co-written e.g. by George Harrison.
[Jack Bruce told Detroit's WCSX radio station in May 2007 that there were plans for a Cream reunion later in the year. It was later revealed that the potential performance was to be November 2007 London as a tribute to Ahmet Ertegün. The band decided against it and this was confirmed by Bruce in a letter to the editor of the Jack Bruce fanzine, The Cuicoland Express dated 26 September 2007:

"Dear Marc,
    We were going to do this tribute concert for Ahmet when it was to be at the Royal Albert Hall but decided to pass when it was moved to the O2 Arena and seemed to be becoming overly commercial." ]

And here's the song "Cream" of Prince and The New Power Generation (NPG) - here are the lyrics:

"Cream Lyrics
Artist(Band):Prince

This is it
It's time for u to go to the wire
U will hit
Cuz u got the burnin' desire
It's your time (Time)
U got the horn so why don't u blow it
U are fine (Fine)
U're filthy cute and baby u know it

Cream
Get on top
Cream
U will cop
Cream
Don't u stop
Cream
Sh-boogie doo wop

U're so good
Baby there ain't nobody better (Ain't nobody better)
So u should
Never, ever go by the letter (Never ever)
U're so cool (Cool)
Everything u do with success
Make the rules (Rules)
Then break them all cuz u are the best

Yes u are

Cream
Get on top
Cream
U will cop
Cream
Don't u stop
Cream
Sh-boogie doo wop

Look up in the air, it's your time

Do your dance
Why should u wait any longer?
Take a chance
It could only make u look stronger
It's your time (It's your time)
U got the horn so why don't u blow it (Go on and blow it)
U're so fine (U're so fine)
U're filthy cute and baby u know it (U know it)

Come on
Cream
Get on top
Cream
U will cop
Cream
Don't you ever stop
Cream
Sh-boogie doo wop

Cream
Cream
Cream
Sh-boogie doo wop

Cream
Cream
Right there
Cream
Don't you stop
Cream
Sh-boogie doo wop"

[youtube:1yld4fus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7iceiq7X4A[/youtube:1yld4fus]

Then I checked for C.R.E.A.M. as we have seen many dotted words already claiming some meaning - and here we go:

["C.R.E.A.M." (a backronym for Cash Rules Everything Around Me) is the second single from Wu-Tang Clan's highly praised debut album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).]
This is some hip hop rap thingie and as I am not familiar with the sources and backgrounds of such, I am leaving this field to the experts. These are the lyrics:

Some of the lyrics:
[But I'm still depressed, and I ask what's it worth?
Ready to give up so I seek the Old Earth
Who explained working hard may help you maintain
to learn to overcome the heartaches and pain
We got stickup kids, corrupt cops, and crack rocks
and stray shots, all on the block that stays hot
Leave it up to me while I be living proof
To kick the truth to the young black youth
But shorty's running wild smokin sess drinkin beer
And ain't trying to hear what I'm kickin in his ear
Neglected, but now, but yo, it gots to be accepted
That what? That life is hectic

Niggas gots to do what they gotta do, to get a bill
YaknowhatI'msayin?
Cuz we can't just get by no more
Word up, we gotta get over, straight up and down

Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C.R.E.A.M.

get the money
Dolla dolla bill y'aauhhhaaaauhhhhahhhauhhhhll, YEAH]

I googled further for "to have cream" and this is one of the links mentioned:
Dr. Thomas Neill Cream (1850-1892) playing a part in the casebook of Jack the Ripper.
He happened to be a medical student who graduated with honors. He started a career as abortionist. [When Cream wasn't murdering women and aborting babies, he took it upon himself to market his own person elixir to combat epilepsy, and soon acquired quite a following by a number of patients who swore by the treatment. [...] But as in his first two murders, Cream was uncharged.[...] A good Ripper theory dies hard, and new theorists proposed that Cream actually had a double. The two would help each other by the one being in prison while the other was free committing crimes, using his double's prison sentence as an alibi.]

Interesting. "To get cream Jackson had "so the world wouldn't find out about it."  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

March 24, 2010, 05:29:53 AM
One of the creams used by vitiligo sufferers is a depigmentation brand called Benoquin. It doesn't bleach the skin, it makes the cells that create skin pigment shut off production permanently. This causes the skin to be more even.

So Michael is correct that he never "bleached" his skin. Bleaching and shutting off are two different things. You can bleach your hair but shutting off the production of color permanently is not bleaching. Luckily (or unluckily)for Mike he has vitiligo universalis which meant that the vast majority of his body had lost pigment over time. Which made it easier to take care of smaller spots with pigment left behind.

"Complete skin depigmentation is simply a futile process." According to wiki. So no one in the world could use a depigmentation cream alone and end up with a complexion like Mike.

What "secret" could Murray be trying to hide from the world? That Mike had vitiligo and was treating it like many people choose to? lol There could be a meaning behind it or it could have been what Mike told him to say because someone would believe it and just let him go. You know.. since the media had already made up it's mind that he turned himself pure white on purpose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There\'s a man, who plays the game of life so well...

Sarahli

March 24, 2010, 07:54:10 AM
Very good job Grace. We indeed have to look deeper into details to find more information. Great finds.

I am curious about the plastic bag and the canvas bags. This has intrigued me when I read TMZ news:
"According to Alvarez, Dr. Murray took several vials and told Alvarez to put them in a plastic bag, then told Alvarez to put the plastic bag in a canvas bag." Sure there is something here but I can't figure out.

Note that the white milky substance is directly put in another canvas bag : "Alvarez also says Dr. Murray told him to remove the IV that contained a white milky substance (Propofol has this quality) in another canvas bag."
Looks like there is some hidden message here.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
March 24, 2010, 08:32:04 AM
I searched the word cream and this is what I came up with:

C.R.E.A.M.  
acronym standing for, "Cash Rules Everything Around Me."
Originating from the Wu Tang Clan, this phrase was popular in the early/mid-ninties when the hit song was released. Unlike many current rap songs, this song stressed the importance of obtaining money, as opposed to spending it. It also showed youth that selling drugs was not a good way to make money, and that hard work and creativity would make more money.
"cash rules everything around me cream get the money, dolla dolla bills yall."

Did Murray have to go back for the cash??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

March 24, 2010, 08:57:26 AM
Quote from: "2good2btrue"

C.R.E.A.M.  
Originating from the Wu Tang Clan, this phrase was popular in the early/mid-ninties when the hit song was released. Unlike many current rap songs, this song stressed the importance of obtaining money, as opposed to spending it. It also showed youth that selling drugs was not a good way to make money, and that hard work and creativity would make more money.

Makes sense. This is at least what they want us to believe because I think the cash must have been taken way before. This is the hidden message to let us know that Michael is alive. Bravo Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

libra8

March 24, 2010, 11:25:10 AM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Quote from: "2good2btrue"

C.R.E.A.M.  

Makes sense. This is at least what they want us to believe because I think the cash must have been taken way before. This is the hidden message to let us know that Michael is alive. Bravo Michael.
Why would Murray want to hide 'cash' from the world?? that dont make sense.

And it wouldnt be necessary to hide skin cream from world...not when MJ had already passed, at that point who cares if he used skin cream.

Prince' song Cream is sexual connatation & unrelated to what Murray is referring to.

'cream' is urban slang for 'cocaine' & 'crack cocaine' that makes sense, maybe it wasnt MJs cocaine, but maybe it was Murrays cocaine, if there was cocaine in the house, he would want to get it out of the house A.S.A.P & hide it from the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It\'s Black, It\'s White
It\'s Tough For You
To Get By

It\'s Black, It\'s White, Whoo

Grace

March 24, 2010, 12:32:26 PM
I remember that the family stated that 200,000 $ were missing from the mansion.
No idea how they knew about it or whether this was pure imagination of some media.
No idea whether this was the "c.r.e.a.m." that had to be fetched so that nobody would find out about it.

On plastic bag / canvas bag - some thoughts:
Plastic bags are used as shopping bags (usually transparent or coloured with printed logo) in supermarkets or for waste (usually unprinted and black).
Doc Murray was said to have put drugs in it. You would use a plastic bag if there was a leakage, right? You would use a plastic bag for milk bottles, vegetables and everything else that could be wet or leave wet traces, right?
And then Doc Murray was said to have put the shopping / waste bag into another bag.
To hide the logo of the shopping bag?

Some google results:
Tim Minchin is an Australian singer.
[youtube:2lwx7yo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVh15aUt8-c[/youtube:2lwx7yo4]
[Canvas Bags lyrics

Take your canvas bags
When you go to the supermarket
Why use plastic bags when you know
You know the world can't take it

Take your canvas bags
When you go to the supermarket, market, market
Don't you use those plastic ones, no, no, no
Don't you know that you'll feel better for it?

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

Break it down!
Take your canvas
Take your canvas
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

All the ladies in the house, c'mon and let me hear you say, "Canvas!"
(Canvas! )
All the fellas in the house, c'mon and let me hear you say, "Bags!"
(Bags! )

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

Just think about the world
And how the world would be fantastic
If we got rid of all the plastic
We just need to get enthusiastic
Organise a competition gymnastic
Or a bag making comp at your school
Fuck it, make it interscholastic
Canvas is for everyone
Whether you be rebellious and iconoclastic
Or conservative or ecclesiastic
I don't care if you're loud and bombastic
Or quiet, or virtually monastic
Sober or on the floor spastic
Yoga master or completely inelastic
I'm not trying to be ironic or sarcastic
Do something drastic
To rid the world of plastic

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket

Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
Take your canvas bags
To the supermarket
Blackout!]

----------
There is of course a wiki page on plastic bags:
----------

And there is a wiki page on canvas:
Interestingly, canvas is a material used for backpacks and tents.
We remember: Katherine bought some sleeping bags on June 26.
----------

There is a canvasbagprogram site:
(remember MJ turned green)
----------

There is an nice blog on promoting talent and lying:

[Should we encourage self-promotion and lies?

Posted January 16, 2010 7:04 PM. There are 11 comments.

A couple of days ago, Clay Shirky wrote a piece on his blog called A Rant About Women which took as its subject the comparative comfort with which some men are prepared to market themselves, mislead and lie to get ahead compared to women.

I've been reading responses to this piece on Twitter and elsewhere, and I've become increasingly horrified by what I've seen. Generally, it's being viewed as a call to arms to create a new breed of women who are as self-important, self-promoting, shameless and arrogant as some of the worst (and most celebrated) men in the industry. This attitude is being viewed as the 'way to get ahead' for any individual wanting to make their mark in the world.

I'm prepared to accept that there's a correlation between attitudes to competition and self-promotion and gender. I'm not as prepared to take it as far as Clay seems to, but I'll go along with its generalised existence.

And clearly, if aggressive self-promotion and pompous self-aggrandizement is what gets people ahead in the world, then at the individual level, it's better to perform in that kind of way than it is to sit passively and watch yourself get passed over by more clumsy, venal, smug, aggressive, macho idiots.

But at the level of the company, at the level of the community, at the level of the industry - are these attributes in fact in any way desirable? Does self-promotion really lead to great products or projects? Is the ability to lie and mislead really what it takes to achieve?

My experience has been that there's definitely a role for the arrogant and the pushy in the creation and promotion of a project. It's also taught me that this skill is a small part of the set of skills necessary to produce something great.

The kinds of things that result in great products are tangible skills, a desire and a pleasure in collaborative building, an aspiration and sense that you're making something important, a sense of teamwork, room to experiment, the ability to bring out the best in the people around you, a good work ethic.

Alongside that a desire to show-off can be really beneficial, a confidence in your ability is essential, the ability to push yourself into new areas certainly a benefit. But these attributes can also get in the way. There's something in American culture in particular which values the pushy and the determined, but we've all worked with people whose confidence massively outstrips their abilities, who cannot work together with other people because they think they're superior to everyone else.

And we've also met a whole bunch of people in the industry who do nothing but self-promote, working day and night to sell themselves, and achieve positions massively disproportionate to their tangible abilities. There are people in our industry in positions of substantial power whose reputation is built upon the way in which they present themselves as being visionaries and experts. Some of them have found that it's simply more efficient for them to spend their days building that reputation through PR and self-promotion than it is to demonstrate it through the things that they make, the value that they create.

I'd never argue that we should forcefully reject anyone who manifests confidence, skills in self-promotion or who is cocky enough to sell themselves. But what I want to strongly resist is the idea that it is these attributes that we should be promoting - either in women or in men.

It should be unacceptable for us to say that lying about one's abilities is something that everyone has to do to get ahead. It should be unacceptable for us to say that arrogance and aggression are to be aspired to.

Instead we should be demonstrating that great projects, like the ones Apple produces, are at least in part based upon trying to produce the best thing possible, feeling the integrity in the product you're making. Trying to do something good. We should acknowledge the example of Flickr who created an astonishing culture of extremely talented engineers and designers around the very real aspiration to make something beautiful, powerful and good for the world. Or the guys at Twitter who discovered their idea initially by letting small groups experiment in interesting directions rather than dogmatically following the vision of a bold cocksure individual.

Good projects come from good people, good vision, good execution, good collaboration, good insight. And it's these traits - and the ability to spot them - that we should be encouraging in our colleagues.

The right thing to do is to get it into the heads of our VCs and companies that a hunger to win at any cost is not the main attribute of a creative or productive person. That the ability to be intelligent, think through problems, work with other people, develop ideas effectively - that all of these traits are better indicators of success than how big they tell you their testicles are! That the person who comes to you with the biggest pitch is not necessarily the person you should be listening to.

And while encouraging people to spot the talented and the creative, we should also be considering how we shame those people who self-promote without creating. The financial collapse has taught us that rhetorical bubbles divorced from reality are a danger to us all. We're already approaching this point - our industry has become venal, insular and dominated by marketing. We have come to value the wrong things. And if we want a continued vigorous, creative, free, open and equal environment, that's something we have to fix. It's not something to aspire to.]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.