mjkateTopic starter

I am still having trouble believing that UCLA would allow Frank Dileo to tell Katherine and the kids that Michael had passed away. In no other hospital would they allow this so why would they at UCLA. It is always a doctor who tells the family and they never release information on any patients to anyone who is not a family member or that doesn't have a power of attorney. The family showed up pretty quickly didn't they...Latoya said she was 5 minutes away so why would the hospital not wait until a family member over the age of 12 was there to break the news. Now that we have heard Joe say that he thinks Frank Dileo is a bad guy...can you imagine how Katherine would feel hearing the news from him??? Why would the doctor not tell Katherine and the kids. Also not sure but I believe that the picture showing Katherine arriving at the hospital was taken at 3:30. At that point mj had been pronounced for an hour. Frank is basically telling us that the doctors told him first before Katherine and then allowed Frank to be the one to tell Katherine and the kids. Are there medical people out there who would be able to shed some light on how this could have happened??? I would appreciate some of your opinions...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I had trouble believing that as well. I think I remember Frank saying something about a nurse being with him when he told the kids. I'm no medical expert but I never heard of a nurse being present when the family is told their loved one passed. That's too much power for a nurse I think. But like I said I'm no expert.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

thanks ava marie...I am from Canada and patient info is strictly confidential. Only proven family members are told anything. I just don't see the doctor telling Frank before a family member and UCLA seems professional so I am sure it would be their policy to tell a family member first.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

strange just like the mystery fan who called him
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There is no way i can imagine the doctors telling dileo first...makes no sense. Especially in such a case . This is MJ we r talking about. How would they do such a HUGE mistake when they know the whole world is watching.

I don't buy dileo's story. Not for a second.

Looks like all doctors were on strike that day: Murray's giving orders in a hospital, Dileo is breaking the news to the family and Jermaine is telling the press bout his lil bro's passing.....

i just hope there were some doctors taking care of the rest of the patients that day. Or did the jackson family also have to do that?
Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:19:07 PM by PrettyYoungTeletubby
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

great post teletubby...UCLA should read that in the newspapers. Why does the media not point out all of these inconsistencies...where are the investigative journalists??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Wasn't it reported the other day that someone else than Frank broke the news?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mjkateTopic starter

Thanks Raven! do you remember where you saw that. If so that would make Frank Dileo a liar and if he lied about that what else has he lied about??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjkate"
Thanks Raven! do you remember where you saw that. If so that would make Frank Dileo a liar and if he lied about that what else has he lied about??

That's the problem...the story about who broke the news to them varies according to who is telling the story.

I've read that Frank broke the news.

I've read the Randy Phillips broke the news.

I've read the Randy and Frank broke the news together.

Different story all the time. Funny. You'd think people that were supposedly there and involved would remember what happened when the best known man on the planet "dies." I personally don't see how a person could not have that burned into their brain for all eternity...if it actually happened.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

mjkateTopic starter

If I get some time I might email UCLA about their policy. If they confirm that they only give patient information to family members then something is fishy with Frank's story. Also if anyone has a time line of when all the family arrived that would be great. If we can find a family member arriving before 3:30 when Katherine arrived it would pretty much debunk Frank's whole story
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

How can someone broke 'the news' if no one died?  :?

So ofcourse this whole story of Dileo or whoever wouldn't make any sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Hi all. My niece is a R.N. and I ask her about this and she told me the only way they tell anyone besides the family that a family member passed is if the person who passed away had a Health Directive. That is a person who has been appointed to handle the patients affairs if they are not able too. Other than that its family first.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Frank DiLeo did in fact say this in an interview he did with Larry King .  I definitely remember this.
karralyn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

thank you for your posts....so unless MJ had a health directive there is no way Frank's version is true. He also said it to Raffles Van Exel. I think a lot more went on that day than we know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

According to this video  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  at 8:15 it has a shot of Latoya arriving and it says she arrived at the hospital at approximately 3:15.  

Also, Latoya's account of the hospital scene (from the Daily Mail, for all that is worth...)

"My father called me from Las Vegas and said, “Get to the hospital right away. Michael’s been rushed to hospital.”’

La Toya immediately rang her mother’s personal assistant to be told her brother was being treated at UCLA Medical Centre in Westwood, a ten-minute drive from her home.

‘I jumped into my car and kept calling my mother’s assistant saying, “How is he? How is he?”’ she recalls. ‘But he wouldn’t tell me.

‘Finally, I heard Mother in the background asking, “Who is that?” When she learned it was me, she screamed, “Why don’t you just tell her?” and she grabbed the phone and just screamed as loud as she could, “He’s dead!”

‘I nearly crashed my car. My legs went weak. I couldn’t press down on the gas pedal. I got to the wrong entrance at the hospital and was begging the security guys to help me and take my car because I was so weak and faint. They took me up to the area where Michael had been taken. Mother was crying and Michael’s kids were crying.

‘I screamed, “Is it true?” and she said, “Yes, he gone.” I couldn’t stop crying. I’m screaming and the kids are screaming. My mother was sitting there with all three of them on her lap, just crying.’

She says Paris demanded to see her father ‘one last time’. After a nurse told La Toya it would help the children grasp the reality that their father was dead, she held Paris’s hand as all three children, together with Michael’s brother Randy, went into the small ante-room off the emergency room where Michael lay, still warm to the touch..."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions