Jeffrey Daniels taught MJ moonwalk.....
March 10, 2010, 04:55:33 AM
MJ is famous for the moonwalk but he was taught the dance by Jeffrey Daniels.  Jeffrey created the move which was originally called the backslide.  MJ was mesmorized when he saw Daniels do this dance and he taught it to MJ who took it to the next level and debuted it on Motown 25.  So without Jeffrey Daniels MJ wouldn't have moonwalked.  The moonwalk made MJ famous for sure even though he was already a star but this made him a mega star.  Daniels was a dancer on Soul Train and then sang with the group Shalimar.  This is just a little history for those who don't know.  Good to gives props to the ones behind the scenes.  I think Jeffrey Daniels is a cool dude because he never made a big deal about MJ making a dance move that he created famous.  MJ also admitted himself that he learn alot of dance moves from kids in the hood. Here's some footage of Jeffrey doing his thing.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

Re: Jeffrey Daniels taught MJ moonwalk.....
March 10, 2010, 12:01:14 PM
wow he is sooo good.......and you can see him in micheals moves.........love it thanks...xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 10, 2010, 03:53:38 PM
Yes, they were doing this dance on Soul Train, and Daniels was a dancer on Soul Train, but the dancers on Soul Train got it from the street dancers in the hood....A LOT of dances MJ did were from Soul Train's golden era...those include the Moonwalk, poppin and locking, the robot....i was watchin the VH1 special on Soul Train "The Coolest Trip In America", and they said MJ used to watch Soul Train for all the latest new moves....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 10, 2010, 07:37:48 PM
Quote from: "BlessHisHeart"
Yes, they were doing this dance on Soul Train, and Daniels was a dancer on Soul Train, but the dancers on Soul Train got it from the street dancers in the hood....A LOT of dances MJ did were from Soul Train's golden era...those include the Moonwalk, poppin and locking, the robot....i was watchin the VH1 special on Soul Train "The Coolest Trip In America", and they said MJ used to watch Soul Train for all the latest new moves....

Yeah I saw that special too about Soul Train.  MJ was tearing up that robot on there.  I was like go head Mike.  He was killing it even as a young kid.  Yeah Jeffrey Daniels is a tight dancer too.  He did the backslide on Soul Train so smoothe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions