The ARG concept.
March 04, 2010, 12:59:55 AM
I've been thinking about this a lot. Basically, I'm wondering if any of you have ever participated in an alternate reality game... ?

Because I have.

My favorite band in the world used to be AFI and they had an alternate reality game several years ago - the answer to which was 7. I won't go into a whole lot of detail here, but will provide a link in case you're interested. It was massive and involved weird clues that seemingly made no sense at all. It had a lot to do with numbers and strange phone numbers to call.

I don't know what I think of the ARG theory as far as this hoax goes, and if it IS an ARG, I'm sure the reasoning behind it would be much better than the AFI one. For that one, the ultimate ending were passes to secret shows. The game itself was really fun and horrifyingly time-consuming.

Here is how it went: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will add this part actually. And also say that this ARG involved a whole lot of strange domain names and websites, AIM names, myspaces ... clues EVERYWHERE. Including CRAIGSLIST. But here's this

Catherine: 646 736 1275 (New York)
-The number was found by playing with musical notes and converting them to numbers.
-When calling you hear a message adressed to Hector, speaking spanish, saying, "Leave a message. If this is Hector, I lost my connection, you can find me at Craig's."

Hector: 323 319 6237 (LA)
-Number found by counting beats in the mp3.
-When calling you hear a man saying, "I'm at Craig's. Where are you?"

Georgia: 415 373 6047 (SF)
-Number found by reversing audio, and converting French letters to numbers.
-When calling you hear "Julian, it's Georgia. This is it - it's ending! I'm losing my connection. Look for me at Craig's!"

Julian: 716 514 8870 (NY)
-Found by reversing the mp3 and turning the volume up really high.
-Mp3 almost exactly similar to Charlotte's.
(-A scream is heard in the end, assuming to be Juilian's scream while being killed. (I don't understand this reference.) <-- This is an iffy theory because the loud noise/"screaming" is on both Charlotte and Julian's mp3s.)
-When calling you hear, "This is Julian. We missed each other. I'll be at Craig's."

Charlotte: 805 624-6485 (Central Ca)
-Found kind of late in the game by reversing the mp3 and turning the volume up super high.
-Mp3 almost exactly similar to Julian's.
-You hear, "This is charlotte. Leave a voicemail. If this is Hector, find me at Craig's. And don't be late. There's not much time."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions