becTopic starter

The Jackson family deserves our damn respect.
March 03, 2010, 11:34:24 PM
Please listen to what I have to say. Please read this entire post.

One thing we, yes WE, lose site of, the Jackson family came from very humble beginnings in Gary, Indiana. They truly are the American dream. A poor black family living in a tiny house in the murder capital of the US, a derelect town, surrounded by gangs and violence and crime.... Joe shepherded that family to a better life, and if it wasn't for him.... for JOE, we may never have known Michael.

This is Michael's home in Gary. Think about this. Think about growing up here and what it took to become the Michael Jackson we know from these beginings. Next time you diss Joe, or any member of the Jackson family, and say hateful things about them, remember that Joe took his family from here to where they are now. There are 100 million Black families in America living in homes just like this one:

The Jackson family could have easily taken a very different path. It happens every day. It happens more often then not. Their story is amazing. Michael, with the support system of his family, came from poverty to rise to the greatest heights of a world icon. Not just a pop star but a global figure. He did this all not in spite of them, but BECAUSE OF THEM.

Remember this is where our beloved Michael came from. Remember it is because of Joe that they got out of here, because of the love and strength within the Jackson family, they escaped Gary and it's economic trap. Many, too many young families are not so lucky, not only in Gary, but in a thousand small towns and villages and cities across the country.

There is a systematic, imbedded culture of racism in this country. If the Jackson family had been white, I don't believe they would be subjected to the criticism that they are. I don't believe they would be the butt of cruel jokes and scrutinization of their every move and word. America loves to see a black man fall from grace. If the Jackson's had been a white family they would have been championed and held up as a shining example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish. They would be reveared as heros and a model for the rest of us. Michael scraped out an existance for himself that was on top of the world, and he could not have done it without the loving support system of the strong family unit that is the Jacksons. His accomplishments, and that of the entire family made him and them a target in this country. Eyes need to be opened. We need to recognize the ugly truth. Racism is alive and well and it drives this entire campaign of hate against Michael. Racism drives the campaign of hate in this country. It touches all corners of life here, like a cancer.

Hate has the power to destroy everything we build and do and become. But hate only has power when it is given a venue. Hate thrives in the environment of ignorance and intollerance and fear.

Please understand, when you pass judgement on the Jackson family you are behaving absolutely no better then the media who has crucified Michael and his family alive for the past 20 years. This needs to stop. And it needs to stop NOW. L.O.V.E. isn't just a cute little cliche phrase to put in your siggy and make you feel like you're doing something while you turn around and behave exactly as the vultures and leaches who tried SO HARD to destroy this beautiful, gentle man for so very long.

Don't ever forget, Michael loves his family and they love Michael, and NO ONE has the right to doubt or dispairage that love. Do not judge because you doubt yourself. Do not criticize because you are unhappy inside. Make that change. Spread some happiness and love and tollerance and YOU will reap the reward. YOU will benefit because your small contribution will flourish and spread and come back on you, 1000x over. Happiness is infectious, love is contageous. Everyone has it, time to share it, because when you do, the reward is the greatest riches that cannot be registered on any bank account or check ledger. The reward is what you feel inside, when you smile at a stranger, when you perform a random act of kindness, when you practice tollerance and acceptance and then have it granted back on you again. This is what will save the world.

And it starts right here, with us. WITH YOU.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Yes . I totally agree !! I  read stuff here about MJ'S family that is not respectful at all and I always say I HOPE MJ DOESN'T SEE THIS and imagine how he would feel about it .. We love Michael we have to respect his family and their privacy  .. Thank you so much for this post !!
PEACE ALL ..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I love you more <3
"I just want to say to fans in every corner of the earth, every nationality, every race, every language]

I totally agree with you!  :geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

loma

Exactly.
I've actually posted about this before.
A lot of people are being very disrespectful towards the Jackson family.
Do you think Michael would want to read this trash?
 :( Think about it guys. You can get your message across without cussing them out and being totally mean about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

DOITNOWMJ

AMEN BEC AMEN SISTER!
 :D
finally someone stands up for this wonderful family.
Thank God ! it's about time.
 that the hypocrites are called out.  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "loma"
Exactly.
I've actually posted about this before.
A lot of people are being very disrespectful towards the Jackson family.
Do you think Michael would want to read this trash?
 :( Think about it guys. You can get your message across without cussing them out and being totally mean about it.

I agree!, it hurts me to see people bashing about the Jackson family, including michael's fans who do this too! Guys just because Michael didn't had a very good relationship with his family does not mean we have to hate them now does it? Don't you all remember that Michael forgave Joe for what he did to him in the past?... Stop making fun of this family "Make love not war" right :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...............Whenever you need me, I'll be there................
......................................I love you..................................

Very good post and I 100% agree with you,now I wonder exactly how many people who agree with you now will remember this the next time something comes up in another post concerning ANYONE after all none of us should ever be judging someone,ONLY looking for clues in the subject or article.People tend to forget during the heat of the moment and fail to realize what they are really doing so hopefully this reminder will help those that do tend to cut others down to not do so...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for posting! I couldnt have put it better myself
people need to look at the positives in MJ's family because thats what matters
stop bringing up things that he already forgave
and I agree about what you said about race
the world we live in is gross
we need to make that change!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I do agree with what you are saying.  However, this is not to bash anyone in his family, but I just don't have much respect for Joe after the BET awards.  The reporter was asking about how the family was doing and all that he could do was promote his record label.  I'm sorry, but if that were me saying that after I had lost my child, I would hope that someone would slap me and tell me to get back to reality.  That is my opinion and only mine.  I don't make anyone's mind up for them and I will never persuade someone to believe my beliefs.  I just know that I was so heartbroken and still in the crying phase when Joe said this on national tv.  I was so angry and so sad when I saw that on tv.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

Great post Bec,just bravo to it, if we love and respect Michael, we must love and respect each member of his family,who are we to judge?im so thankful to Ms Katherine and Mr Joe for giving birth to our Michael and bringing him up in an excellent way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

Bec:  I love your post and applaud you for taking the time to actually write it.  I, too, get a little angry at the liberties people take with MJ's family: but unlike you, I say nothing.  So, Kudos to you for defending MJ's family.  Let me give an example of how my family operate:  I have an argument with one of my six siblings and I let off steam to my friend about said sibling.  I don't particularly expect or want my friend to then start criticizing and talking derogatorily about my sibling.  The only thing that I want is a friendly, sympathetic ear to sound off in.  You see?  One Love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ER911

I don't necessarily agree with everything that was stated in the original posting. My opinion is based solely on MIchaels' own words in his interviews. He is the one that stated he was beaten & he is the one who described in details the use of oil & ironing cords to willfully & purposely inflict the greatest amount of pain.

Michael is the one whom stated the beatings were inflicted for the most part to force him to perform & perform perfectly.

While it is true that Michael also respected his father moreso in the latter years, it is equally true that Michael feared his father to the point of  needing to vomit in his adult years. These statements were all made by Michael himself.

Respect & fear sadly can go hand in hand as I myself  was raised in a very similar manner. Yes, it is true that ones' up bringing can make us who we are.

BUT, each individual is IMO born with their own personalities & we as individuals can take our life experiences from our past & learn from them or we can be caught in the web of our past which haunts our future forever.

Michael, as we all know was indeed caught in his past,..a past with no childhood, a past with the fear of his father. This lead to his increased love for the children of the world that were left behind with no love & no hope.

I believe that MIchael was born a kind soul & he would have passed on his love irregardless of his father, but because of his fathers' beliefs, Michael lost his childhood forever.

I want to say that it was Joes' wife that first discovered the kids talents & not Joe, just for the record. Joe did not have to inflict pain in order to get the results he wanted.

Joe IMO is not the one responsible for getting them out of poverty. Michael is the one responsible for that soley due to his ability to sing & dance.  Yes, Joe is the one whom pushed those kids to success, but has it ever occurred to anyone that Michael may have ended up doing it on his own?

Michael is the one whom left the group & Michael is the one responsible for his long term success & not Joe.

Insofar as respect for the family, it is my opinion we need only respect whom we choose. It is Michaels' family & if he chose to forgive them, then it is his choice. It doesn't necessarily have to be ours.

We can love & respect any individual, but it doesn't mean we have to respect that individuals family. It does mean however that we respect that individuals opinions of his family & not judge that individuals because of their family.

I don't & never will condone any person that beats their child into submission. It doesn't mean that at some point in our lives we can't understand why they did it, but it doesn't mean we should accept the behavior.

Many individuals live in poverty & are happier than those that are rich, & many of those individuals do not resort to a life of crime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nynyro

Thanks bec for this post.  I know the other thread was deleted because of all the craziness.  I'm glad you addressed this because so many people make insulting comments about Jermaine, LaToya and his other family members.  People always talk about not judging Michael, but how can you say that and turn around and judge Jermaine, when you don't know him.  We have no idea what he's going through. It really bothers me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I dislike Joe Jackson very much. I don't trust him. I know MJ has forgiven this father, to me this proves that his heart is bigger than mine and that I still have to learn and grow. But no one can force me to respect Joe Jackson, just because of his history. I also grew up in poverty, with a single mum on wellfare not being able to look after her children, so I was always outside, on the streets. Hanging out with wrong people. Nowadays I own a company and I'm doing mighty fine.

I don't ask anyone to respect me for that. And no one can demand me to respect Joe Jackson and the other members of the family.

If I am wrong and Michael is indeed dead, I disrespect some family members even more. Especially Jermaine, flying all over the world, making a living of off his brothers death, leaving his children with his old aged mother and telling them to buy stun guns.

@Bec, nothing of what I typed above is meant to disrespect  you. Your post is incredible and even though I don't know you, from this post alone I dare to conclude that your heart is very big and beautiful. Apart from that, you are 100% right.

LOVE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me
Try hard to love me"

Quote from: "ER911"
I don't necessarily agree with everything that was stated in the original posting. My opinion is based solely on MIchaels' own words in his interviews. He is the one that stated he was beaten & he is the one who described in details the use of oil & ironing cords to willfully & purposely inflict the greatest amount of pain.

Michael is the one whom stated the beatings were inflicted for the most part to force him to perform & perform perfectly.

While it is true that Michael also respected his father moreso in the latter years, it is equally true that Michael feared his father to the point of  needing to vomit in his adult years. These statements were all made by Michael himself.

Respect & fear sadly can go hand in hand as I myself  was raised in a very similar manner. Yes, it is true that ones' up bringing can make us who we are.

BUT, each individual is IMO born with their own personalities & we as individuals can take our life experiences from our past & learn from them or we can be caught in the web of our past which haunts our future forever.

VERY VERY WELL SAID.!!!!!
Michael, as we all know was indeed caught in his past,..a past with no childhood, a past with the fear of his father. This lead to his increased love for the children of the world that were left behind with no love & no hope.

I believe that MIchael was born a kind soul & he would have passed on his love irregardless of his father, but because of his fathers' beliefs, Michael lost his childhood forever.

I want to say that it was Joes' wife that first discovered the kids talents & not Joe, just for the record. Joe did not have to inflict pain in order to get the results he wanted.

Joe IMO is not the one responsible for getting them out of poverty. Michael is the one responsible for that soley due to his ability to sing & dance.  Yes, Joe is the one whom pushed those kids to success, but has it ever occurred to anyone that Michael may have ended up doing it on his own?

Michael is the one whom left the group & Michael is the one responsible for his long term success & not Joe.

Insofar as respect for the family, it is my opinion we need only respect whom we choose. It is Michaels' family & if he chose to forgive them, then it is his choice. It doesn't necessarily have to be ours.

We can love & respect any individual, but it doesn't mean we have to respect that individuals family. It does mean however that we respect that individuals opinions of his family & not judge that individuals because of their family.

I don't & never will condone any person that beats their child into submission. It doesn't mean that at some point in our lives we can't understand why they did it, but it doesn't mean we should accept the behavior.

Many individuals live in poverty & are happier than those that are rich, & many of those individuals do not resort to a life of crime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions