Addicted to the investigation.
December 03, 2009, 03:14:22 PM
This has taken over my life. Im online 23/7 or so it feels like. I have a headache from the strain of staring at the computer but yet I cant seem to stop. When the food is cooking I choose to ignore when it burns, when the phone is calling or someone is texting me I choose to stay in discussions and not answer. When Im supposed to walk my dog I let him wait for me for hours. When Im supposed to do homework I do it at school instead of home because I havent got time to do anything else than read and discuss and investigate and look for clues. When Im supposed to go grocery shopping I postpone it and actually do it several days later because I feel like I havent got time to do it. When Im supposed to sleep and got work the next morning, Im wandering off in discussions at 3 o clock at night and watching youtube clips about the hoax.

This has so taken over my life.
Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:38:23 PM by DontBelieveTheHype
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

Re: Addicted to the investigation.
December 03, 2009, 03:24:15 PM
I was to that point last week too.  It's very difficult but I had to step away for awhile.  I was able to do that by reminding myself whatever happens I will find out soon enuf since media is so fast now.  Plus, I was getting worried I might cause something bad to happen to mysel for my family as it seemed I was forgetting how to function when away from the hoax investigation....sooo, I just let myself have an enormous outburst of tears and took a day or two away.  I had to remind mysefl there were other things I enjoyed in life b/c I was starting to forget that (so not healthy!!!)  If you can find a way to do that for yourself, I'd suggest it.    You can do it....maybe set a time limit when you choose to return so it doesn't get outta hand?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

December 03, 2009, 04:31:16 PM
i was exactly the same.. everyday i go to work at 07.45am an i found myself getting up 15 minutes earlier beacuse we are all from different countries and the time difference.. just incase i'd missed anything..  :roll:

had to smack myself really i did.. and say GET A GRIP!! its soooooo hard i know.. but as long as you know where all here for each other.. an gonna be here for a long long time i think!! then everyone should try an concentrate on there own LIFE in general.. don't let it take over!!

seriously!! i don't think Michael would want this to get in the way of anything you do in your own life.. as much as i love to investigate etc.. i think that your own personal things going on should come first!!

just my opinion.. as long as you KEEP THE FAITH!!, STAY STRONG!! & LISTEN TO YOUR HEART!! i think were all gonna be here for each other for a long long time..!! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

zyla

December 03, 2009, 11:10:32 PM
Quote from: "DontBelieveTheHype"
This has taken over my life. Im online 23/7 or so it feels like. I have a headache from the strain of staring at the computer but yet I cant seem to stop. When the food is cooking I choose to ignore when it burns, when the phone is calling or someone is texting me I choose to stay in discussions and not answer. When Im supposed to walk my dog I let her wait for me for hours. When Im supposed to do homework I do it at school instead of home because I havent got time to do anything else than read and discuss and investigate and look for clues. When Im supposed to go grocery shopping I postpone it and actually do it several days later because I feel like I havent got time to do it. When Im supposed to sleep and got work the next morning, Im wandering off in discussions at 3 o clock at night and watching youtube clips about the hoax.

This has so taken over my life.

oh gosh, tell me about it!
When i'm at school, i'm hoping so bad i haven't missed anything. When i get home, the first thing I do is go online to see what's up. I literally leave my assignments to the last minute. It's amazing i'm doing well in school considering my recent work habits.
I don't get any sleep. Well, i was always a bit nocturnal, but its gotten worse now.
So, I know exactly what you mean. I'm obsessed. But i don't think i want to stop ;p
This whole thing is a bit thrilling.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

December 03, 2009, 11:57:27 PM
Thank God there are other people going through the same thing!! I need to take my life back. MJHD going down a month ago helped me with that a bit. I have lost 40 lbs since this has happened!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MAKE THAT CHANGE!!

December 04, 2009, 12:15:32 AM
I also have had moments of total obsession with all of this. But anymore I am very aware when I am getting like that and I just stop myself right there, turn off the computer and walk away. It's just not healthy too get too engrossed to the exclusion of other things in our lives. I don't think Michael would want us doing that. When you feel it taking over, just walk away for a bit...a day or two or however long it takes. Sometimes it really does help to clear your mind and then look at things with a fresher perspective. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 04, 2009, 01:19:36 AM
Yeah, I know what you all are going through.
I feel that MJ took over my mind and very big part of my life. I feel quilty. I have always been pretty eremitical person I like to be alone, do my things, think my thoughts, be in quiet, but now I´m living like in cocoon.
Something funny happend to me last week. My friend called me and was pretty scared, because my other 2 friends were worried about me, since I haven´t answered no ones calls long time (just didn´t want to talk no to no one). He asked if I´m ok, because there´s a rumour that I´m dangerously ill and I´m already in hospital somwhere in Finland (I don´t live in Finland). The rumour came from my neighbour who hasn´t seen me a long time out side of my house :D
I was very surprised, really. My friends already thought that I´m dying :shock:  :lol:
So I made some phone calls to my frinds and told them not to worrie, I´m little bit tired and pale but OK I´m not gonna die :lol:   :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!

MJLover1990

December 04, 2009, 05:17:50 AM
I know exactly what you mean!
I go to bed at 3 in the morning every night now I sleep less and I sometimes even forget what I'm all doing because of this I'm really addicted to this it's like I'm running past myself sometimes :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 04, 2009, 08:56:37 AM
You guys are so nice! Im glad Im not the only one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

zyla

December 05, 2009, 01:59:49 AM
Quote from: "DontBelieveTheHype"
You guys are so nice! Im glad Im not the only one.

oh, don't worry.
you're definitely not the only one feeling like this.
in fact, it's 3:02 am as I type this up.
I've been on here and watching youtube hoax videos since midnight.
*shakes my head* God...i seriously need to take a MJH Vacation :|
this is too much. i definitely need to go to bed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

December 05, 2009, 02:58:02 AM
Yep I feel the same way!!!!! So I went to a concert tonight to see a friend of a friends band play at house of blues they opened up for third eye blind, anyway so Im trying to talk to people, telling myself dont think about MJ, just for a few hours dont do it, listin to something else foe a bit that is not MJ, or MJ related, so get this are friend enters the stage, and starts to sing Beat it!!! :shock:  :D  So I just laugh cuz all my friends whom were with me just turn to me and said oh this ones for you. A cuple of songs later she did Black cat, so I waited for her to finish and come and say hi to us then headed home. On my way home every night I pass epcot, and the royal plaza(where MJ had a suite there) so I can't escape him lol, only when I go to the gym, but even then they play janets videos when Im lifting on the floor and not in spin class. Oh well I don't know what to do. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

December 05, 2009, 05:22:15 AM
Quote from: "Butterfly J"
I feel that MJ took over my mind and very big part of my life. I feel quilty. I have always been pretty eremitical person I like to be alone, do my things, think my thoughts, be in quiet, but now I´m living like in cocoon.
Something funny happend to me last week. My friend called me and was pretty scared, because my other 2 friends were worried about me, since I haven´t answered no ones calls long time (just didn´t want to talk no to no one). He asked if I´m ok, because there´s a rumour that I´m dangerously ill and I´m already in hospital somwhere in Finland (I don´t live in Finland). The rumour came from my neighbour who hasn´t seen me a long time out side of my house :D
I was very surprised, really. My friends already thought that I´m dying :shock:  :lol:
So I made some phone calls to my frinds and told them not to worrie, I´m little bit tired and pale but OK I´m not gonna die :lol:   :lol:  :lol:

Oh my God, that's scary...
Same here, I couldn't discard myself from the computer. Even if it is a no news days recently. I always have to check everyday, whether something happened, something big, like Mike came out from hiding....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 05, 2009, 05:38:26 PM
I think we have all been through times like this but the good thing is you are aware of it and you know it is a problem so you are capable of dealing with it. If you were totally ignorant of the fact that it is unhealthy for you and verging on the obsessive then you would be in trouble. I now limit my time online and if I have something important to do then I do it and not let my belief affect my life any more than it did at first. I too was staying up until the early hours for fear I missed anything, when I did sleep it would be weird dreams or nightmares and as I work at home my work was suffering and when my kids asked me why I was always tired or online it gave me a huge shock and I realised that our families and friends are the most important things as they are our lives and we must make the most of every single day. I know I couldn't have gone on like that for long, it was not good for me or fair to my family.
Investigate by all means but for you own mental health, sanity and happiness then you must take a breather and limit yourself. I am sure your family have noticed you are not happy and at peace and they will be concerned. Don't worry as we have all been in the same position you are in but is good that you are aware and therefore able to do something. I am sure Michael would not want this to affect our lives like this, I think he will be feeling pretty worried and bad about having to do this so we must not let this get so obsessive that we are losing sleep and not able to function properly. Limit yourself honey, go out and see your friends and get your schoolwork done, then you will feel much better when you do come onto the forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 05, 2009, 06:23:18 PM
Wow same here! When I feel like I'm going crazy about all of this, I don't go on the internet anymore...otherwise I would go straight to the hoax forum and spend hours on there. So I go out,see my family, see my friends, study , go shopping ,draw , all the activities that I don't do when I'm investigating... And I can tell you that it feels so good...And when I come back, I feel better, with a clearer mind :)  Actually I've already done it hundreds of times  :lol: otherwise I would be excluded of any social life... When my friends ask me to go out with them I tell them no, and it's just because I'd rather spend this time here...  :?  They even began to think that i didn't want to see them anymore.. It's not true I love them so much! But the hoax thing ...wow... Of course I haven't told them that it was because of the hoax death story  :lol:  
It's unbelievable the hours we spend here...Now I try to control it. The best way to take a fresh air is seeing the ones you love ;) . Personnally with them,  I don't feel the need to come :)

Take care and a big hug to you! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
dd64300@hotmail.com

[size=110]"Lie run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"[/size]

December 07, 2009, 02:45:13 AM
Quote from: "Zilda"
Quote from: "onemorechance"
Quote from: "Butterfly J"

Oh my God, that's scary...
Same here, I couldn't discard myself from the computer. Even if it is a no news days recently. I always have to check everyday, whether something happened, something big, like Mike came out from hiding....

Wow.. :o  You know you risk one day to discover that you totally missed out on Christmas and the year changed to 2010?
Don't let that happen, go out of your house now and get some Christmas joy in your hearts.. it's all about l.o.v.e. you know, and december is the loveliest (<- right?) of them all.. ;)

Oh, it isn´s so scary at all. As I said I have always been eremitical person. I am good company for myself  :lol:  so I just don´t need so much to go out to party with friends or invite them, or every day communicate with neighbours. I´m not lonely, I have 3 kids, they just don´t let me be alone a much I wish to :D  But I´m lonely in my thoughts and that makes me sad sometimes. My friends used to say I have spirit of artist, they don´t understand all my thoughts but they understand if I rather wanna be by my self do my artwork then party. They don´t know about MJ - they surely wouldn´t understand that.
Oh, I wont miss Christmas, I love Christmas time it´s the only reason why I like winter :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!