Race is definitely a  key factor. However it is  not the only one. If MJ were to have been satisfied with singing, dancing and entertaining to make money for others then the bullseye placed on  him might have been delayed.

MJ wanted more than to be a simple song and dance man. His business decisions suggest that he wanted control of his career and to not end up broke and used up like so many others.

He threatened the status quo when he purchased music catalogues, acres of valuable real estate property, and suggested that he wanted to leave music/touring to go into film making. He had proven that he could succeed in music so films were the next area for him to conquer.

Combine all of that with the fact that he wasn't the typical "hollywood" type of celebrity. His behavior caused insecure envious people around him to become nervous and afraid  of the influence that MJ could yield since he has such a worldwide appeal. When MJ speaks, people pay attention and listen. Many people knew this and were really afraid of what it would mean in the long run.

Quote from: "liegi"
I agree. We can't let them get away with this.  I've done some research on the top recording artists of all time.  To my surprise the the top three are The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson. These three are hands down way above the rest of them.  MJ was the only black artist who was really up there.  Do you suppose race has something to do with this?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions