pepper

Re: UCLA official announcement?
July 12, 2010, 03:21:15 PM
I think this is the quote "skyways" is talking about -

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(note: the correct spelling of his name is Steve Ruda)

"CAPTAIN STEVE RUTA (ph), LOS ANGELES FIRE DEPARTMENT: When they got on scene, it's a large mansion, not too far from here.

LEMON: Captain Steve Ruta (ph) is a spokesman for the L.A. Fire Department.

RUTA: They were directed to the patient, which was upstairs in the home. And they found their patient was Michael Jackson, later identified to us as Michael Jackson, pulseless and not breathing. Pulseless and not breathing means no heartbeat and no breaths."
Start listening to the video at 5:35 - the tone of Capt. Ruda's voice when he says it, it comes across as more like "they found their patient was, uh, Michael Jackson, later identified TO US as Michael Jackson" (sounds like they did not realize/recognize the patient as Michael Jackson until they were later told that the patient was Michael Jackson). Also at 6:38 when Ruda makes it clear that Dr. Murray took on the responsibility for the patient - so, similar to UCLA's not making an "official announcement" - this almost sounds like the LAFD saying "well, he was identified to us as Michael Jackson, WE didn't say it was Michael Jackson" - and the responsibility for the patient was put on Dr. Murray, not on the LAFD paramedics -

I guess it all depends on if you listen to things like this with believer's ears or not...

[youtube:2b8in96x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-mrVA2ouM&feature=related[/youtube:2b8in96x]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

July 12, 2010, 03:37:45 PM
When listening to this, I think about the Soule Shaun-thing, you remember??

I mean... he was identified later to them as Michael Jackson. So yeah, they didn't recognize him.....but even if he didn't wear a wig or whatever...If you see Michaels face, you can recognize that everywhere, right?

So this, again, explains itself, that it wasn't Michael there, lying on the bed...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

pepper

July 12, 2010, 04:42:59 PM
Here is another interesting article I found, written by Capt. Steve Ruda for a fire-fighting website, mainly about HIPPA regulations and how they had to follow HIPPA guidelines when responding to the "Michael Jackson" call.

This is the part of the article I found interesting, because responsibility is still taken on by Michael Jackson's FAMILY for announcing the death, not UCLA, not the LA Coroner, and that once the FAMILY said he was "dead", well, then, it was okay to let the world know that he was, indeed, the patient that the LAFD had transported to UCLA. In this article the LAFD does not confirm that he is dead - like Jermaine, they are only confirming what has previously been reported.  It seems so strange to me that even in an informative article written for the benefit of other firefighters, the writer goes to such pains to make it clear that the FAMILY announced the death.  He could have said the patient was pronounced dead at UCLA and the family made an announcement.  But he didn't.  He says a member of the Jackson family declared Michael Jackson had died.

"What started as a routine call quickly gave way to a day filled with speculation and grief around the world. Two captains staff the LAFD Office of Public Information. We also have a firefighter in the dispatch center to handle media relations and press inquiries. The phone began to ring off the hook; media outlets scurried to verify that a medical call came to the LAFD and wanted to know what took place in Michael Jackson’s mansion.

As the commander of the Community Service Unit, I, along with my team, fielded countless phone calls from all over the world as the breaking news hit the television stations. All reporters called with the same questions: “Can you verify that your units responded to Michael Jackson’s house and that CPR was in progress?” “Can you verify that Michael Jackson has died?”

Certainly as health care providers, all of us in the American fire service must obey the confidentiality and medical HIPPA laws that require us not to disclose the names of our patients and the type of care we render. It is a very serious obligation. We, as public information officers (PIOs), were doing our best to explain the LAFD response while being very careful not to cross the lines of privacy. We do this out of respect for the law and for the confidentiality of the patient and his family.

We quickly gathered and discussed just what we were able to say. Our collective comments were that the LAFD responded on a 911 call requesting emergency medical care. We responded with a category assignment that was in accordance with our dispatch policy for this type of medical call. When we arrived on-scene, we began our care of our patient and followed all standard medical protocols with the assistance of a medical base station. Once we provided the care, we transported within four minutes to the treating hospital and transferred the care of our patient to the UCLA. For the most part, our responsibility was complete. The work of UCLA Hospital and its staff had just begun. After trying to revive Michael Jackson for some time, a member of the Jackson family declared that Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, had died.

The family’s declaration of his death allowed the LAFD, when asked, to disclose that indeed Michael Jackson was our patient. However, the care given to him was still confidential, and members of the Public Information Office did not reveal any further information concerning what had transpired while LAFD personnel treated Michael Jackson at the Bel-Air Hills estate."

The entire article is at this link
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

July 12, 2010, 05:10:39 PM
i don't know if anyone can find it so that it can be checked but the interview with the body gaurds when they were telling about all the reading micheal did . i am fairly sure when the host asked what kind of books micheal read most they  said history and law ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

pepper

January 09, 2011, 10:16:50 PM
Just looking into UCLA's lack of an official announcement... again...

From these videos it seems obvious that the media EXPECTED an official announcement FROM UCLA...

In this video starting at 4:30 and listening until 5:05- newscaster makes a point to say that LA Times got their confirmation of death from city and law enforcement sources, NOT the hospital, NOT the UCLA Medical Center... LA Times basing this on sources that they "believe to be reputable and accurate."

[youtube:2x4whn77]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Ef2Fh3NBE&feature=related[/youtube:2x4whn77]

In this video - newscaster says "this (story) has been developing for some time and we have yet to hear an official from UCLA Medical Center come out and tell us what happened here..."

[youtube:2x4whn77]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqdunwORtpc&feature=related[/youtube:2x4whn77]

At 3:03 "Joining us now on the phone (from UCLA Medical Center) is Brian Oxman..." At 3:40 "What kind of detail are you hearing from doctors?" "I have not spoken to the doctors, I have spoken to the family members but they do not know... at 4:28 "Brian, I have to ask you , can you confirm to us that he is dead?" "No one will confirm anything to me."

At 5:05 "CNN can now confirm from the LA Coroner...

[youtube:2x4whn77]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juhPUj2NMbI[/youtube:2x4whn77]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

January 09, 2011, 10:30:34 PM
Updating this post with a video link that works (however there is a 28 second intro before the actual footage starts):

Quote from: "pepper"

"CAPTAIN STEVE RUTA (ph), LOS ANGELES FIRE DEPARTMENT: When they got on scene, it's a large mansion, not too far from here.

RUTA: They were directed to the patient, which was upstairs in the home. And they found their patient was Michael Jackson, later identified to us as Michael Jackson, pulseless and not breathing. Pulseless and not breathing means no heartbeat and no breaths."
Start listening to the video at 5:50 - the tone of Capt. Ruda's voice when he says it, it comes across as more like "they found their patient was, uh, Michael Jackson, later identified TO US as Michael Jackson" (sounds like they did not realize/recognize the patient as Michael Jackson until they were later told that the patient was Michael Jackson). Also at 6:40 when Ruda makes it clear that Dr. Murray took on the responsibility for the patient - so, similar to UCLA's not making an "official announcement" - this almost sounds like the LAFD saying "well, he was identified to us as Michael Jackson, WE didn't say it was Michael Jackson" - and the responsibility for the patient was put on Dr. Murray, not on the LAFD paramedics -

I guess it all depends on if you listen to things like this with believer's ears or not...

[youtube:1ow2yr2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuUHATRVjw&feature=related[/youtube:1ow2yr2w]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

January 13, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
Dear PEPPER! Thank You SO MUCH FOR SUCH VALUABLE  CONTRIBUTION!
 I think That find along worth 2 be BIG HEADLINE Especially Now  - for our reminding  WHY we all here from the beginning.

quote="pepper"]Updating this post with a video link

RUTA: They were directed to the patient, which was upstairs in the home. And they found their patient was Michael Jackson, later identified to us as Michael Jackson, pulseless and not breathing."
Start listening to the video at 5:50 - the tone of Capt. Ruda's voice when he says it, it comes across as more like "they found their patient was, uh, Michael Jackson, later identified TO US as Michael Jackson"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions