Venus7

Michael's lungs
February 12, 2010, 10:15:16 PM
Do you remember in "Moonwalk"  Chapter3-(Dancing Machine) Michael mentioned about his lungs that he had pleurisy ?
Maybe that  explains his lung condition from autop.?
Here is the quote from "Moonwalk"
The whole Wiz period was a time of stress and anxiety, even though I was enjoying myself. I remember July 4 of that year very well, because I was on the beach at my brother Jermaine's house, about half a block away along the waterfront. I was messing around in the surf, and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe. No air. Nothing. I asked myself what's wrong? I tried not to panic, but I ran back to the house to find Jermaine, who took me to the hospital. It was wild. A blood vessel had burst in my lung. It has never reoccurred, although I used to feel little pinches and jerks in there that were probably my imagination. I later learned that this condition was related to pleurisy. It was suggested by my doctor that I try to take things a little slower, but my schedule would not permit it. Hard work continued to be the name of the game.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael's lungs
February 12, 2010, 10:19:03 PM
Quote from: "Venus7"
Do you remember in "Moonwalk"  Chapter3-(Dancing Machine) Michael mentioned about his lungs that he had pleurisy ?
The whole Wiz period was a time of stress and anxiety, even though I was enjoying myself. I remember July 4 of that year very well, because I was on the beach at my brother Jermaine's house, about half a block away along the waterfront. I was messing around in the surf, and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe. No air. Nothing. I asked myself what's wrong? I tried not to panic, but I ran back to the house to find Jermaine, who took me to the hospital. It was wild. A blood vessel had burst in my lung. It has never reoccurred, although I used to feel little pinches and jerks in there that were probably my imagination. I later learned that this condition was related to pleurisy. It was suggested by my doctor that I try to take things a little slower, but my schedule would not permit it. Hard work continued to be the name of the game.

Dick Gregory was talking about that incident in one of the videos I was watching yesterday.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 12, 2010, 10:23:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I was watching a video of Dick Gregory on YT and he mentioned that MJ had a lung problem just before he started filming The Wiz. But I don't think pleurisy has anything to do with the condition that's mentioned in the autopsy. If anything it makes it almost impossible that MJ would smoke after having a scare like he wrote about in the book.
I don't know, maybe someone can make sense of this lung thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 12, 2010, 10:24:54 PM
Quote from: "MorningGlow88"

Dick Gregory was talking about that incident in one of the videos I was watching yesterday.
Hey we must have been watching the same video.  That was a very interesting video.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Venus7

February 12, 2010, 10:25:18 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 12, 2010, 10:28:51 PM
Quote from: "foreverking"
Quote from: "MorningGlow88"
Hey we must have been watching the same video.  That was a very interesting video.

Yup, we probably were. 8-)  I think I'm def. going towards his theory cause it makes the most sense to me
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 12, 2010, 11:11:03 PM
Yes!  He says  "I later learned THIS CONDITION (LUPUS) was related to pleurisy"  Here is what information I found on Pleurisy says about Lupus....MJ did tell us what he had...he just didn't use the word!
What causes pleurisy?
Pleurisy is a common complication of several different medical conditions, the most pervasive being a viral infection of the lower respiratory system.

Other causes include:
Bacterial infections such as pneumonia and tuberculosis
A chest wound that punctured the pleural cavity
A pleural tumor
Autoimmune disorders like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis
Sickle cell anemia
Pancreatitis
Pulmonary embolism
A heart surgery complication
Lung cancer or lymphoma
A fungal or parasitic infection
Familial Mediterranean fever
Infections can sometimes spread from person to person, but it is rare to "catch" pleurisy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 13, 2010, 01:41:10 AM

Wow, very interesting observation, Venus7.  In fact, I just purchased Moonwalk today.  I am loving the book so far.  I am so happy to seeing that you are still here us on the site.  I know that MJ is proud of you.  God bless you, Venus7, for your hard work and your research that you are contributing to the site! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

February 13, 2010, 03:10:10 AM
Thanks for that important piece of info!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions