Its a News of The World article.  

Copied and pasted it, so apologies for the "Jackos"

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

POP legend Michael Jackson will make the ultimate comeback... by giving evidence at his OWN death trial as the star witness for the DEFENCE.

Lawyers for Doctor Conrad Murray want to use old video footage of spaced-out Jacko to demonstrate the depth of his drug habit.

Personal physician Murray is set to stand trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge for delivering a fatal drug cocktail overdose to the megastar in June last year.

His legal team hope Jackson's appearance from beyond the grave - which sounds like something straight out of his famous zombie video Thriller - will show Murray can't be guilty.

Instead, they will suggest that the King of Pop knew how to self- administer and battled pill addiction for over 17 years.

And in another wacko twist in the courtroom drama, Murray's legal team will also call two of Jacko's three CHILDREN to the stand.

They want Prince, 12, and 11-year-old Paris to discuss how their father constantly complemented Murray and claimed that he was "making him better".

Key videos will include footage of frail Jacko during his This Is It rehearsals and a 2007 court deposition where he discusses his pain medication.

The defence will also show images from 2004 where he slurs his words and appears drunk in rehearsals for a film role at his Neverland home library. Jackson's sister La Toya is furious that Murray is contesting any charges - and has urged cops to push for a murder case.

A legal source close to Murray, who will be charged in an LA court tomorrow, said: "Murray's legal team have quietly but steadily been building a robust defence case.

"A key element will be on-camera interviews Michael Jackson gave where he discusses and admits his drug use and others where he appears to be intoxicated.

"In effect, Michael Jackson himself will be the defence's star witness as they set out to prove he was a seasoned and habitual user and knew how to self-administer.

"The interviews and other evidence aim to show that Jackson had been addicted to prescription drugs for at least 15 years.

"They will try to prove that Jackson was in poor health and therefore the build-up of drugs and the effects of further doses were increased tenfold because of a weakened system.

"For these reasons, they will say Murray is not culpable and should therefore be found not guilty."

The News Of The World revealed last year how Murray claimed Jackson, 51, was an expert in running IV drips, including one for the drug Propofol - which he overdosed on.

Jacko's dependency on painkillers started in 1984 after pyrotechnics used in filming his Pepsi advert set his his hair on fire. He also took Valium, Xanax and Ativan after a civil lawsuit from alleged child abuse vistim Jordan Chandler in 1993.

Despite a rehab stint, he was back on the drugs, which were found by cops who raided the Neverland ranch in 2004.

In his last year Jacko was necking painkillers - Demerol, Dilaudid and Vicodin - all at the same time. The cocktail also included muscle relaxant Soma, anti-depressant Zoloft, anti- anxiety pill Paxil, sedative Xanax and heartburn tablet Prilosec. The singer's autopsy showed he had lethal amounts of anaesthesia drug Propofol in his system when he died, along with a mix of other prescriptions.

LaToya - who famously told us last July that she felt Jackson was murdered - spoke out after Murray returned to LA last week to surrender to cops.

She said: "He should be charged with murder, not manslaughter. It is terribly wrong."

Brother Jermaine, referring to Jackson arrest on child abuse charges, added: "Murray should be cuffed, he should be fingerprinted, he should have his mugshot just like they did my brother!

"It's all on the doctor. It could be first-degree murder, it could be whatever - Michael's not coming back, so where's the closure?"

Last week Murray visited Jacko's crypt at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California.

He was seen walking up to the doors then sitting down on a wall outside as he paused for reflection.

A Jackson family insider said they were "shocked and upset" that Murray went to the star's final resting place.

The insider added: "It just seems like a calculated PR stunt before he's brought to trial."

Currently the LAPD and the district attorney are arguing over how Murray will enter court, either as a volunteer or in handcuffs. He is likely to be given $25,000 bail.

Sources say Murray could avoid a trial by plea bargaining a deal to a suspended sentence with a guilty admission.

Last night a spokesman for Dr Murray had no comment.

This is what i was afraid off....  another character assissination of MJ in the press.   :cry:

Im really angry... how can Murray use Mjs addiction as a DEFENCE??  Surely a doctor who KNEW that his patient was a drug addict should NOT give him drugs!!  That makes the doctor a DRUG PUSHER!!!
ARgh... and since when could MJ "administer propofol himself" with an IV??  Ridiculous...  Propofol knocks you out, so how could he administer it himself????
Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:22:15 PM by DancingTheDream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What ever happened to Doctor Patient confidentiality ?

* head hits desk *
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

"The News Of The World revealed last year how Murray claimed Jackson, 51, was an expert in running IV drips, including one for the drug Propofol - which he overdosed on."

I thought MJ was 50 when he died..but he would be 51 now...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just know that this is the beginning of another character assissination of MJ.. which is terrible considering the media believe him to be passed away.
How can they defend Murray like this with these ridiculous stories.

If Murray goes along the defence that MJ was a drug addict...  well that makes him MORE guilty as he is saying he KNEW MJ was addicted yet he STILL gave him drugs.

Whole thing is ridiculous and making me angry
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
I just know that this is the beginning of another character assissination of MJ.. which is terrible considering the media believe him to be passed away.
How can they defend Murray like this with these ridiculous stories.

If Murray goes along the defence that MJ was a drug addict...  well that makes him MORE guilty as he is saying he KNEW MJ was addicted yet he STILL gave him drugs.

Whole thing is ridiculous and making me angry

I totally agree with you about Murray still being guilty. This article is making me feel very uneasy though because it is likely that some of it is true and it makes and that makes me so very sad  :cry:  What's even worse is that they'd use that information in his defense. How long are they gonna keep bad-mouthing our Michael?  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

this is to be expected, and yes mike did make comments at a hearing and thus it most be true

and to be honest when he was in i think NY doing a signing, going around with liz he did look a little ... well i am not sure what you would call it

so there will be all of that, but still if it is true that he died, it does not make it right

mike had pains i am sure that was the case, i am sure he was introduced to things that should have been controlled.

i heard that on his tours he had doctors pumping him with all sorts at his request

i think you have to take a balanced view, this is going to be uncomfortable

his personally daily lifestyle will be left bare, if mike is alive he needs to step up and stop this, and the delay is worrying.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

that does not change ANYTHING!!!!! Murray admitted to giving him Propofol and what killed him? the propofol! And if Murray knew about MJ being on all those drugs then he shouldnt have given him the propofol! so same diff if MJ ACTUALLY even had those drugs in him at the time Murray was at fault for giving him the propofol in the first place!!!!!! If a DOCTOR knows bout his drug addiction why do they keep giving into MJs command!! THE DOCTORS SHOULD BE GUILTY FOR NEGLIGENCE!! IM SURE ITS ILLEGAL TO KEEP GIVING SOMEONE DRUGS IF THEY KNEW HE WAS A ADDICTED!!!
Seriously? they cant show video as evidence if its from years ago!!  this is bull shit! sorry for my language.. ugh and the kids are going to speak saying murray was helping daddy?!?!?!?! NO BS BS BS i dont want this to happen i dont like this one bit. Murray still killed MJ whether MJ was on pain killers or not!! I hate Murray he better pray he gets some jail time because if this ACTUALLY happens in the court i will be so furious along with other fans...and he will have to live the rest of his life in fear!
I have no idea what i would do if i ever ran into Murray on the streets unprotected. I would kick him in his shin! He is a P.O.S.!!!

seems like lately everything that has come out on tv is to help Murrays image and belittling MJs image...all for the court hearing that is coming up ( if it actually comes up) and it is seriously making me furious!! Dateline made MJ look like an idot and Murray look like some god healing people and saving people and now this newsarticle.

I cried reading all this! is news of the world a reliable news thing because i dont know them?? are they tabloid or actual news
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

murray would have had access to mikes medical records and hospital records he may have taken copies whilst mike was alive, insurance?

he may have got mike to sign a disclaimer or waiver of responibility

mike may have had other doctors pumping him with stuff he also had facial work

he did not eat only shakes from the sound of it

nothing in his tummy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

remember its going to be tactics - both sides
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "the arabian nights"
murray would have had access to mikes medical records and hospital records he may have taken copies whilst mike was alive, insurance?

he may have got mike to sign a disclaimer or waiver of responibility

mike may have had other doctors pumping him with stuff he also had facial work

he did not eat only shakes from the sound of it

nothing in his tummy

Autopsy results have not been made public so i wouldnt believe MJ had nothing in his stomach just yet

This is News of the World.. so dont take it as gospel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions