the arabian nights

Re: MONDAY IS THE DAY!!!!! UPDATE!!!
February 07, 2010, 12:34:40 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And Dr. Conrad Murray is in deep shiz!

The LADP has completed their "exhaustive" and "extremely thorough" investigation into the death of Michael Jackson and the case will go to the District Attorney within the next few weeks.

Supposedly, the authorities have enough evidence to file a criminal case against Dr. Murray even though his administering of Propofol did not break any laws. He's likely to be charged with involuntary manslaughter, which means they would have to prove gross negligence.

Read More: Perez Hilton: Michael Jackson Death Investigation Is Over! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

February 07, 2010, 12:38:41 PM

what the police said a few months ago
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

February 07, 2010, 12:42:59 PM

"Conrad Murray: Michael Jackson case and celebrities' doctors
Prosecutors say they'll file charges Monday against Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of pop star Michael Jackson. The case focuses attention on how celebrities like the late Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith, and Brittany Murphy may get special treatment from physicians.

Dr. Conrad Murray, left, the cardiologist under investigation in the death of pop star Michael Jackson, greeting a supporter as he arrives at his clinic in Houston in November. Authorities say charges will be filed against Murray on Monday.

Pat Sullivan/AP/File
.Enlarge
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PrintBuzz up!PermissionsEmail and shareRSS.By Daniel B. Wood Staff writer / February 5, 2010

Los Angeles
However the legal case against Dr. Conrad Murray proceeds, legal experts say the case will have major impact, perhaps setting legal precedents. Dr. Murray is the physician who told police he gave pop star Michael Jackson a powerful anesthetic and other sedatives in the hours before his death last June.

Skip to next paragraph
Related Stories
Michael Jackson's legacy: Who has the right to profit?
Will 'This Is It' rehab Michael Jackson's image?
.The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said Friday it would file charges against Murray on Monday.

The legal gamesmanship over Murray’s surrender followed several days of negotiations in which his lawyers tried to arrange with prosecutors the terms of the doctor's booking and arraignment. Those plans were derailed by haggling between prosecutors and law enforcement officials over whether Murray should be arrested or be allowed to turn himself in.

Murray’s attorneys have said they expect the Texas cardiologist to be charged with involuntary manslaughter for administering drugs to Jackson before his death on June 25. The sentence would be two to four years, aside from other considerations that could include temporary or permanent loss of license. Attorneys familiar with such cases say Murray’s career as a doctor is probably finished, no matter what is decided in court. Others are not so sure.

How strong is the D.A.'s case?
“It’s very interesting to me that the Los Angeles D.A. [district attorney] has not proceeded by way of indictment but is rather serving a criminal complaint,” says Joseph DiBenedetto, a criminal attorney who has represented several high-profile clients in drug-related cases. “It says to me that they were worried that they have potentially weak evidence and feared that a grand jury would not indict or would be swayed by their own bias in the case.”

Whether or not the case goes to trial, it could have a chastening effect on the doctors of celebrities who sometimes accede to their clients’ request for prescription drugs, despite their own medical judgment. It will open to public scrutiny such legal issues as involuntary manslaughter, criminal negligence, and the tactic of using medical experts. It will shine the spotlight on the responsibilities of doctors to act in their patients’ best interest, regardless of fame or profession.

“Because of the fame of Michael Jackson, this case will be scrutinized by medical licensing boards across the country and will help define the terms due diligence, gross negligence,” says Pace University professor Elizabeth Fentiman, a fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine and a member of the American Society of Law, Medicine, and Ethics. “It will also say to physicians, you need to be careful not just with the potent effects of these anesthetic drugs, but also with their interactive effects with other drugs.”

That will, in turn, spotlight the medical procedures in determining the use of other drugs, the history of the patient in the use of such drugs, the databases that contain such information, and the interconnectivity of such databases.

Murray gave Jackson powerful sedatives
Murray prescribed the powerful anesthetic propofol, which is usually administered only in hospital settings. He told police on Friday that he gave Jackson the sedative and other sedatives but nothing that should have killed him.

And, like other high-profile trials of celebrities, such as O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson himself in 2001, this episode could test the fairness of the legal system in such matters as jury selection and jury sequestration.

“When and if this goes to trial, the D.A.’s office is going to have difficulty assembling 12 jurors who have not seen Michael Jackson waste away before our eyes,” says Elizabeth Kelley, a Cleveland-based criminal attorney. “And virtually everyone in the country has already heard about his various addictions.”

The D.A.’s interest in this case has been fueled precisely because of Jackson’s fame, say Ms. Kelley and several others.

A message of deterrence
“Clearly, the D.A.’s office wanted to send a message of deterrence,” says Kelley. “If Dr. Murray were an ordinary doctor and Michael Jackson just an ordinary person, I doubt whether he would have had such an interest in this case. But there was certainly public pressure.”

Among the many lessons already taken from Jackson's death and the drug-related deaths of several other celebrities – Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith, and, possibly, Brittany Murphy – is that big money can effect and perhaps corrupt the doctor-patient relationship, experts say.

“We’re learning that celebrities, like the rest of the population, struggle with addiction and sometimes fail to take care of themselves,” says Jessica Levinson, adjunct professor of law at Loyola Law School. “Unlike the rest of the population, celebrities may have easier access to doctors willing to give them what they want.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 07, 2010, 01:49:43 PM
Gosh! I know I should be strong and wait it out but I'm starting to doubt with all of this going on... I just feel like crying  :cry: I'm sorry guys I haven't given up I'm just feeling really negative and sad right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 07, 2010, 02:01:32 PM
If the scope is this wide, I highly doubt that MJ will - as announced by ST - come back to spotlight before the trial is over. This will take until summer then at least - where currently all indications are pointing to.

I said in the past that there is something about MJ - J. Brown friendship we did not yet refer to.

If the goal is to establish new laws for drug and /or physicians' control, the trial has to go through all dirt of current Bel Air / Beverly Hills related medical practise.
Meaning all kind of accuses of drugs that MJ supposedly did take, get, was addicted to and so on.

This would then be the superlooping in the rollercoaster where everybody should tie himself really well for not losing faith.
Remember today's tweet of the Jackson's - they know what's ahead and need reassurance that they are being backed up by the fans.
If MJ went this far, he's not going to blow it up just when the goal is getting in sight.
Prepare for a hot spring and an even hotter summer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

February 07, 2010, 02:19:15 PM
Oh god!! Next thing you know they'll postpone it again  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt