Re: JANET TO SING MICHAELS PART FOR HAITI!!
February 02, 2010, 03:01:07 PM
Quote from: "MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs"
?? Why not name the foundation?  Hmmmm......

"All proceeds will go to a newly established foundation that will carefully monitor disbursement."

I went on MJs "Heal the World" website yesterday to try and make a donation, but the site says it is not taking donations at the moment due to "allegations".
I dont know what that is all about.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:04:52 PM
Quote from: "lisap27"
Check this out!!  :shock:  :shock:

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Janet to take part in 'We Are The World' remake
Posted on 2/02/2010 08:32:00 AM ET
Janet is expected to participate in a new version of "We Are The World" that is being recorded for Haiti earthquake victims, according to a report from Reuters.

Most of the singers participating in the song, which included Barbara Streisand, Kanye West, Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, will.i.am, and Josh Groban, recorded their vocals together on Monday at the same Hollywood studio where the original version of the song was made.

Janet, however, was not present at the session on Monday but rather is scheduled to sing her lines from a studio in Atlanta on Tuesday. As was reported yesterday, Janet is in Atlanta right now to film promotional materials for the release of Why Did I Get Married Too?

More than 70 celebrities lent their voices to the re-recording of the song. None of the singers of the original song were invited to participate in the update, which was recorded once again under the oversight of Quincy Jones and the song's co-writer Lionel Richie.

Richie confirmed to MTV.com that Janet will be singing Michael Jackson's lines from the song.

The song will make its world premiere during NBC's coverage of the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Feb. 12.

Both the song and an accompanying video, shot by Oscar-winning "Crash" director Paul Haggis, will go on sale both through traditional and online retailers. All proceeds will go to a newly established foundation that will carefully monitor disbursement.

The Jan. 12 earthquake killed up to 200,000 people in Haiti and devastated the already impoverished nation.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why the hell is Kanye West there? He's probably gonna pull a tatnum :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:13:52 PM
Quote from: "mmz"
Quote from: "DarkYetLovely"
I'm really kinda ticked about this.... this song has been done.  It already has a purpose and great singers have already lent their voices to create it and it should be left alone.  It would be great if all these singers today would do a concert and maybe perform this song together at the end (I bet that would be more beneficial too), but they shouldn't be trying to recreate it.  I don't really know how to explain how I feel about it... it just seems like they're damaging a legacy.  

I was almost okay with it when I was under the impression that they were going to use Michael's vocals in it (but it still bothered me even then), and now this? Nope I'm not okay with it.  But that won't make any difference... I just wanted it to be known.

I agree with you. It should have a meaning just if MIchael is somehow behind it,and it would be a sort of new clue...otherwise..I mean...WHy not record a new song? No artist can do a good new job? They had to take from the Kult musical history a piece written By michael? It will not be the same anymore...that song was great,and it still is, but it was the '80!!! First time for Band aid... it was innovative..it was a BAM!!!
mmmhhh...I don't know..there must be Michael behind this...

I agree with both of you.
I don´t feel happy about it and don´t understand why not make a new song?
It must be Mike behind this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!

February 02, 2010, 03:18:04 PM
I'm very supportive of the cause & I'm sure Michael would support this. However, I can't stand some of the choices of people taking part in it. There is absolutely NO way this remake could live up to the original but I don't think that's the intention. The lyrics of the song are relevant to what's going on with Haiti & the world coming together to help them. That is why they are remaking it & I guess they are using newer currently popular "artists" to make it sell. I'm sure if Michael has anything to do w/ this, which he might, he'd want to do it w/ some of the newer artists. I'm not really liking some of them but they are trying to reach different generations, different genres, etc. Did Quincy really say Michael would be involved somehow & did Lionel really say something about Michael behind the scenes? Hmm, interesting because when the Haiti quake first happened I was thinking I bet if Michael were around he would be donating like crazy to help the orphans & he'd probably redo We Are the World & ever since they first announced they were going to I was thinking it just might have been his idea. I read some article & it said that Lionel had been asked to remake it numerous times but always turned it down same w/ Quincy, yet all of a sudden they are very much involved & pumped up to do this. & the possible participation of the kids kind of makes me think he's involved somehow as well. He wouldn't need to physically be there to run the show. & is Will.I.Am helping put this together too? Michael worked w/ him also & really liked him. Michael really could behind all this, if he is alive which we all believe he is, it's VERY possible. Also, I don't think anyone could properly sing Michael's part & do it justice but if anyone is going to do it, it should be someone who's either family or someone he respected or admired, Janet is both. & at least Jermaine didn't try to jump all over it! Actually, kind of off topic, but why is Jermaine so quiet & nowhere to be seen all of a sudden? It's like he been silenced. The whole family, aside from the kids' Grammy appearance are very quiet. & What's going on w/ no one else from the family besides the kids & 3T who were close to Michael, not being invited to the Grammy's? Is something going to happen soon? or is it already happening? Kind of interesting how much of Michael's ideas & messages are getting put out there now, earth song, we are the world... ;)
Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:36:09 PM by teine21
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:24:04 PM
Quote from: "DarkYetLovely"
I'm really kinda ticked about this.... this song has been done.  It already has a purpose and great singers have already lent their voices to create it and it should be left alone.  It would be great if all these singers today would do a concert and maybe perform this song together at the end (I bet that would be more beneficial too), but they shouldn't be trying to recreate it.  I don't really know how to explain how I feel about it... it just seems like they're damaging a legacy.  

I was almost okay with it when I was under the impression that they were going to use Michael's vocals in it (but it still bothered me even then), and now this? Nope I'm not okay with it.  But that won't make any difference... I just wanted it to be known.

I think you're explaining it very well because this is exactly how I feel. It's actually kind of upsetting and it's going to make me very emotional, in a bad way. It doesn't matter how many great artists they put on that record it'll still not be even close to the original. Imagine expecting to hear Michael's voice but then it won't be there, way too painful  :cry:  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:36:53 PM
Quote from: "KINGdom52"
Solid121 wrote:
I've watched several interviews with Quincy and Lionel about this re-make. Yes Janet is going to sing Michael's lines and his original vocal is not being used, however, Quincy has said the recording is going to have "lots of surprises" and when asked whether Michael was going to be included someway, or somehow he said, "We've got that covered, definately." Lionel, seems to be taking a different stand saying "If Michael were alive, he would be behind the scenes, stood behind the scenes, doing what i've been doing". It would also appear that Janet did not go and record her vocals with everyone else, but is going to record seperately and send her vocals remotely... maybe this is because she is taking a private master class by the person who originally recorded them to make sure she sings them just right?

True. Or it could be something like VMA's where we saw Janet singing but when we heard only her voice without background music it sounded clear MJ !!!
How about that ?

I meant the AMA's ! :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27Topic starter

February 02, 2010, 03:45:40 PM
ok don't shoot me.. i understand where you guys are coming from, being upset.. but if Michael was here in the flesh so to speak i think he would support it.. its for a good cause at the end of the day.. and there doing it the UK with

REM's everybody hurts..

i think you should look beyond the voice and think of this as Michaels influence.. it was his inspiration in the first place that they are re-doing this particular song.. he is still working his magic!!  ;)

i think its AWSOME!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:49:05 PM
Like you all said this song will not sound or be the same if MJ is not singing it, It's what it stands for..
When I think of this song the first thought is Micheal and can't wait to hear his voice I forget about the others,
I remember when this song came out I was so excited because Micheal was in it and couldnt wait to see him.. The song will never be the same.
 And Eminem I can't stand him after what he did to Micheal, Half of the singers are only there for publicity
not the cause..

I wish they would release this song that sony blocked What more can I give by Micheal.. Its so beautiful
and really fits in with the cause..

Michael Jackson - What More Can I Give (live) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 03:56:54 PM
Solid121 wrote:
I've watched several interviews with Quincy and Lionel about this re-make. Yes Janet is going to sing Michael's lines and his original vocal is not being used, however, Quincy has said the recording is going to have "lots of surprises" and when asked whether Michael was going to be included someway, or somehow he said, "We've got that covered, definately." Lionel, seems to be taking a different stand saying "If Michael were alive, he would be behind the scenes, stood behind the scenes, doing what i've been doing". It would also appear that Janet did not go and record her vocals with everyone else, but is going to record seperately and send her vocals remotely... maybe this is because she is taking a private master class by the person who originally recorded them to make sure she sings them just right?

True. Or it could be something like VMA's where we saw Janet singing but when we heard only her voice without background music it sounded clear MJ !!!
How about that ?

I meant the AMA's ! :?

I knowww!! I was thinking the exact same thing. And then everybody would be "why Janet's voice sound so strange??" and the non believers will say "because she's upset and she cannot sing properly thinkins about MJ".  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

February 02, 2010, 03:59:31 PM
Or because there was her playback in the background?
IDK but yeah, she sounded really strange...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

February 02, 2010, 04:05:07 PM
i don't even like that they are re-recording this song.
its a good idea, but not this song.. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 04:09:36 PM
Quote from: "lisap27"
ok don't shoot me.. i understand where you guys are coming from, being upset.. but if Michael was here in the flesh so to speak i think he would support it.. its for a good cause at the end of the day.. and there doing it the UK with

REM's everybody hurts..

i think you should look beyond the voice and think of this as Michaels influence.. it was his inspiration in the first place that they are re-doing this particular song.. he is still working his magic!!  ;)

i think its AWSOME!!

*cocks gun*
jk, jk.  :D

It's not exactly about Michael for me... it's about the legacy of the song.  The hearts behind it and the reason for it at the time (Michael just happens to be a very big part of that).  I understand that it's being done for a "good cause" but like others have said before me, there needs to be a different offering made for this particular cause.  You don't make the same sacrifice twice if you know what I mean.

I agree with lookingforthetroot that most of these artists are just in it for publicity (not all).  It's kind of a "we should probably do something" whim that isn't coming from anywhere deep...  they're just hijacking the work that came from someone else's heart.  It's been done.  It's there. Leave it alone.  Don't contaminate it with mere "good intentions" because it's bigger than that.  That's the problem I have with the remake.  

But I'm glad you can see the good in it and stay optimistic.
Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:02:15 PM by DarkYetLovely
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Doesn\'t it remind you of fish who say they\'re thirsty?"

February 02, 2010, 04:31:51 PM
Two VERY interesting things about the recording:

Richie and Jones were quick to point out that if Jackson were still alive, he'd want to be just as involved with the song as he was 25 years ago, though maybe in a different role. "I know it's hard to believe, but if Michael were, alive he'd stand behind the scenes," Richie said.

Quincy Jones is saving perhaps the most touching moment for last. At the request of Katherine Jackson, Maya Angelou penned a poem to be read at the end of the song. Quincy is going to speak to Michael's children about reading that narration.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

Grace

February 02, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: "teine21"
but why is Jermaine so quiet & nowhere to be seen all of a sudden? It's like he been silenced.

This time there's no time left to screw anything up and say sorry afterwards.
This time the cause is too serious.

Haiti is not Vienna and they need to get as soon as possible as much money as possible.
It has to get done and there is only one man in the world capable of getting them all.
Jermaine?
Jermaine has his role but not this time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

February 02, 2010, 06:33:42 PM
Couldn't they just write another song and leave perfection alone?  Besides, Janet is singing her part from Atlanta.  Why?  I wish they would leave Michael's song alone.  It is already a masterpiece and for the cause that he intended it for.  Let  it go down in the record books as being just that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions