lisap27Topic starter

JANET TO SING MICHAELS PART FOR HAITI!!
February 02, 2010, 01:21:02 PM
Check this out!!  :shock:  :shock:

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Janet to take part in 'We Are The World' remake
Posted on 2/02/2010 08:32:00 AM ET
Janet is expected to participate in a new version of "We Are The World" that is being recorded for Haiti earthquake victims, according to a report from Reuters.

Most of the singers participating in the song, which included Barbara Streisand, Kanye West, Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, will.i.am, and Josh Groban, recorded their vocals together on Monday at the same Hollywood studio where the original version of the song was made.

Janet, however, was not present at the session on Monday but rather is scheduled to sing her lines from a studio in Atlanta on Tuesday. As was reported yesterday, Janet is in Atlanta right now to film promotional materials for the release of Why Did I Get Married Too?

More than 70 celebrities lent their voices to the re-recording of the song. None of the singers of the original song were invited to participate in the update, which was recorded once again under the oversight of Quincy Jones and the song's co-writer Lionel Richie.

Richie confirmed to MTV.com that Janet will be singing Michael Jackson's lines from the song.

The song will make its world premiere during NBC's coverage of the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Feb. 12.

Both the song and an accompanying video, shot by Oscar-winning "Crash" director Paul Haggis, will go on sale both through traditional and online retailers. All proceeds will go to a newly established foundation that will carefully monitor disbursement.

The Jan. 12 earthquake killed up to 200,000 people in Haiti and devastated the already impoverished nation.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27Topic starter

Re: JANET TO SING MICHAELS PART FOR HAITI!!
February 02, 2010, 01:33:44 PM
here a video so far!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

February 02, 2010, 01:35:21 PM
But that doesn't fit with Quincys Statement

"Mj will be involved--trust me" ( or somethink like that?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

lisap27Topic starter

February 02, 2010, 01:36:58 PM
Quote from: "Kirsche"
But that doesn't fit with Quincys Statement

"Mj will be involved--trust me" ( or somethink like that?)

thats what i thought!! unless he's just directing it but not letting his presence known to others..  :lol:

no seriously he might have meant that janet was gonna be the suprise and she's linked to MJ.. i dunno..  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 01:40:07 PM
Quote from: "lisap27"

Janet is expected to participate in a new version of "We Are The World" that is being recorded for Haiti earthquake victims, according to a report from Reuters.

Most of the singers participating in the song, which included Barbara Streisand, Kanye West, Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, LL Cool J, will.i.am, and Josh Groban, recorded their vocals together on Monday at the same Hollywood studio where the original version of the song was made.

Janet, however, was not present at the session on Monday but rather is scheduled to sing her lines from a studio in Atlanta on Tuesday. As was reported yesterday, Janet is in Atlanta right now to film promotional materials for the release of Why Did I Get Married Too?

More than 70 celebrities lent their voices to the re-recording of the song. None of the singers of the original song were invited to participate in the update, which was recorded once again under the oversight of Quincy Jones and the song's co-writer Lionel Richie.

Richie confirmed to MTV.com that Janet will be singing Michael Jackson's lines from the song.

The song will make its world premiere during NBC's coverage of the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Feb. 12.

Both the song and an accompanying video, shot by Oscar-winning "Crash" director Paul Haggis, will go on sale both through traditional and online retailers. All proceeds will go to a newly established foundation that will carefully monitor disbursement.

The Jan. 12 earthquake killed up to 200,000 people in Haiti and devastated the already impoverished nation.

fuck i hate kanye west lol, hes gunna ruin my favorite song :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I LOVE THIS BOY !!
My Heart Belongs To Michael Joseph Jackson!

February 02, 2010, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: "lisap27"

i find this stupid, i love janet but c'mon how can you even dare take michaels voice out of that song, hes the reason for that song he also created it :) that song is michael's message, they cant just take his voice out of it. it wont be the same.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I LOVE THIS BOY !!
My Heart Belongs To Michael Joseph Jackson!

February 02, 2010, 01:50:31 PM
I've watched several interviews with Quincy and Lionel about this re-make. Yes Janet is going to sing Michael's lines and his original vocal is not being used, however, Quincy has said the recording is going to have "lots of surprises" and when asked whether Michael was going to be included someway, or somehow he said, "We've got that covered, definately."  Lionel, seems to be taking a different stand saying "If Michael were alive, he would be behind the scenes, stood behind the scenes, doing what i've been doing". It would also appear that Janet did not go and record her vocals with everyone else, but is going to record seperately and send her vocals remotely... maybe this is because she is taking a private master class by the person who originally recorded them to make sure she sings them just right?  ;)   :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=85]Lift Your Head Up High and Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone and Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now because You Know What\'s True
Yes, I Believe In Me, So You Believe In You[/size]

Kirsche

February 02, 2010, 01:52:32 PM
hehehe,  good thought ;)

So yeah, then it's covered that Michael is somehow involved :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

February 02, 2010, 02:04:04 PM
Any opinions why the man to the left said "shhhhh" when Quincy was speaking? I didn't hear anyone else talking but Quincy was starting to say "this is no accident that this happened"...the timing is very odd.  It's at 0.47.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

February 02, 2010, 02:20:43 PM
I'm really kinda ticked about this.... this song has been done.  It already has a purpose and great singers have already lent their voices to create it and it should be left alone.  It would be great if all these singers today would do a concert and maybe perform this song together at the end (I bet that would be more beneficial too), but they shouldn't be trying to recreate it.  I don't really know how to explain how I feel about it... it just seems like they're damaging a legacy.  

I was almost okay with it when I was under the impression that they were going to use Michael's vocals in it (but it still bothered me even then), and now this? Nope I'm not okay with it.  But that won't make any difference... I just wanted it to be known.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Doesn\'t it remind you of fish who say they\'re thirsty?"

February 02, 2010, 02:24:34 PM
I know its a charity single for Haiti and i feel awful for saying this....  but i just wont be able to listen to the new version.  Especially with Janet singing MJs vocal part.  

Too painful for me and feels wrong, even though i think MJ would approve because its all for charity and a good cause.  

I can almost hear MJs voice saying "...It's ok...  anything we can do to help these people.... "

Im sorry Michael....   but this one is way too painful for me to even acknowledge.   :cry:

I will directly donate my money instead of buying the single.
Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 02:30:16 PM by DancingTheDream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mehere

February 02, 2010, 02:25:54 PM
Really.........   :?:
God I'm so skeptical now.  I look at EVERYTHING as part of the plan, or a clue, or a cover up.

Edit:  But maybe just maybe that's part of MJs message.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 02:40:14 PM
?? Why not name the foundation?  Hmmmm......

"All proceeds will go to a newly established foundation that will carefully monitor disbursement."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mmz

February 02, 2010, 02:42:21 PM
Quote from: "DarkYetLovely"
I'm really kinda ticked about this.... this song has been done.  It already has a purpose and great singers have already lent their voices to create it and it should be left alone.  It would be great if all these singers today would do a concert and maybe perform this song together at the end (I bet that would be more beneficial too), but they shouldn't be trying to recreate it.  I don't really know how to explain how I feel about it... it just seems like they're damaging a legacy.  

I was almost okay with it when I was under the impression that they were going to use Michael's vocals in it (but it still bothered me even then), and now this? Nope I'm not okay with it.  But that won't make any difference... I just wanted it to be known.

I agree with you. It should have a meaning just if MIchael is somehow behind it,and it would be a sort of new clue...otherwise..I mean...WHy not record a new song? No artist can do a good new job? They had to take from the Kult musical history a piece written By michael? It will not be the same anymore...that song was great,and it still is, but it was the '80!!! First time for Band aid... it was innovative..it was a BAM!!!
mmmhhh...I don't know..there must be Michael behind this...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 02:58:31 PM
Quote from: "Solid121"
I've watched several interviews with Quincy and Lionel about this re-make. Yes Janet is going to sing Michael's lines and his original vocal is not being used, however, Quincy has said the recording is going to have "lots of surprises" and when asked whether Michael was going to be included someway, or somehow he said, "We've got that covered, definately." Lionel, seems to be taking a different stand saying "If Michael were alive, he would be behind the scenes, stood behind the scenes, doing what i've been doing". It would also appear that Janet did not go and record her vocals with everyone else, but is going to record seperately and send her vocals remotely... maybe this is because she is taking a private master class by the person who originally recorded them to make sure she sings them just right?  

True. Or it could be something like VMA's where we saw Janet singing but when we heard only her voice without background music it sounded clear MJ !!!
How about that ?  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions