Not sure if this is true or not...But I could see the kids, I don't know them, but imo I could imagine them wanting to be a part of something their daddy was so involved in. I think it would be sweet. They know how important helping other people was to him & they said it themselves they want to continue to spread his message. I'm sure since Quincy Jones & Lionel Richie are organizing it, they would be in good hands. Opinions?  :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson's Kids Will Record 'We Are the World'

Following their appearance at the Grammy Awards, sources tell me Michael Jackson's two oldest children -- Prince Michael and Paris -- want to be included in Monday's re-recording of 'We Are The World,' the proceeds of which will benefit Haiti. "Prince Michael and Paris know that helping others was as important to their daddy as music. That is why they really want to be part of the re-recording of this extraordinary song," a friend of Michael's tells me.

It's still unclear if their voices will be blended in with the chorus of celebrities or if they will make get to sing a solo line or two I, for one, can't think of any singer alive that would be more powerful than Prince Michael or little Paris singing the lyrics their daddy wrote twenty five years ago.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Has anyone seen this? :)
February 01, 2010, 03:35:37 AM
Also, I heard the new version of We are the world that they are doing which might include Prince & Paris...is happening on the 25th anniversary of the original. Coincidence? Or was that planned? It's to benefit Haiti, so I'm not sure they had it planned to land on the 25th Anniversary, it just so happens to. That's interesting. & it's supposed to include the kids...that is also very interesting, I wonder who's idea it really was to redo the song???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2010, 01:07:43 PM
My only issue with this remake is that today's artists just don't measure up to the standard of the original artists that sang that song. I mean most of them are legends, I don't really want to hear Taylor Swift or whoever ruin this beautiful song. And if they do this I sure hope they keep Michael's vocals on there because otherwise they might just abandon the project right now! Sorry I know it's for a  good cause but another option is to create a whole new song instead. I mean can anyone imagine a Jonas brother singing Michael's solo for example? Urrgghh, barf...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2010, 06:00:46 PM
Quote from: "alovesmichael"
My only issue with this remake is that today's artists just don't measure up to the standard of the original artists that sang that song. I mean most of them are legends, I don't really want to hear Taylor Swift or whoever ruin this beautiful song. And if they do this I sure hope they keep Michael's vocals on there because otherwise they might just abandon the project right now! Sorry I know it's for a  good cause but another option is to create a whole new song instead. I mean can anyone imagine a Jonas brother singing Michael's solo for example? Urrgghh, barf...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I agree - most of the artists today sound so much alike and they don't have the powerful unique voices like the Boss, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, MJ, Tina Turner, and the others had on that original. I still remember how I couldn't get enough of that song when it came out and I'll be surprised if I feel the same way this time. At least it's for charity and since Michael's name is still associated with the song it has my support. It's all for L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

February 02, 2010, 02:22:21 AM
I agree! It was being said they were trying to get Justin Bieber? WHAAAAT?! lol. Little girls like him, sure. Whatever, but he is NOT "We Are The World" material. IMO. So far the names I've heard are, Michael Buble, Brandy, Lady Gaga, Josh Grobin & Bono. & possibly Prince & Paris who want to take part because their daddy wrote the song & it was something that was important to him. Taylor Swift said at the awards show red carpet that she was going to do a show, so it might be possible she won't be involved. They'll probably try to get people like Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce, etc. as well. I support the cause & it's Michael's song & his name is associated w/ it. As long as they let the actually talented people sing the leads & put the other mediocre people in the background. lol  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions