OK, I watched TII in BR on my new but reasonably priced BR player that I got just so I can watch TII in BR.  Heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time! :cry: :D  :(  :P

Anyway, I was watching the special features and in Staging the Comeback, where they are interviewing everyone about Michael and the show, Randy Phillips makes it a point to say that Michael was excited about doing 50 shows.  He said Michael only asked for 2 things...(1) a house in the county so his kids didn't have to stay in a hotel during that time and (2) when they finished the 50th show, Michael wanted to get in the Guiness Book for doing all those shows.  And then they interview KO, who also mentioned how happy MJ was about the 50 shows.  Also, one of them mentioned that Michael was consulted about adding the shows.  Gee, that's very different from what I heard Michael say in an interview, something like, he went to bed thinking he was doing 10 shows and woke up to find that he was booked for 50.  He said that he was very upset by this and some other things I can't remember right now, but it wasn't excited or happy emotions.

So, there are only 2 good reasons for their comments. (1) They want to wash their hands and conscience clean of their money grubbing decision to add so many shows, and they want the fans to know that Michael was on board with it and looking forward to them, and to dispel any rumors or comments Michael made himself about not wanting to do 50 shows; or (2) They knew there really wasn't going to be 50 shows or they knew Michael wasn't going to do them so they're saying it just because what else can they say or that's their role in the hoax.

Wondering what others make of this??
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

this is what i don't understand!! i've not seen the extras we don't get our till feb in the UK..pffff

anyway, kenny seems a really nice guy to me, and Mike appeared to like him a lot and trust him so WHY would he lie and say Mike was looking forward to the shows, and he was excited, if he wasn't..

yeah i know he's not gonna say he didn't wanna do them, but why say anything at all.. he could have just said it would have been a great show, etc etc
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wasn't there a topic saying Michael wasn't that fond of Kenny after he said somthing to him about having to wear an earpiece?? :?

It's a load of BS about Michael wanting to do 50 shows. He only signed up to 10 and the next morning they had somehow sky rocketed to 50 without Michael's approval.  I don't know about Randy Philips, he seems like a shady character to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"
Wasn't there a topic saying Michael wasn't that fond of Kenny after he said somthing to him about having to wear an earpiece?? :?

It's a load of BS about Michael wanting to do 50 shows. He only signed up to 10 and the next morning they had somehow sky rocketed to 50 without Michael's approval.  I don't know about Randy Philips, he seems like a shady character to me.

I don't know.. If I was in MJ's shoes I would be thrilled to have sold out 50 shows that fast! It is such a major recognition of how much people still wanted to see him perform.. I don't think he would mind doing 50 shows.. It was to be done in like 9 month or so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

mjboogie

And also judging from the way the performance schedule would be wasnt the shows going to be spaced apart pretty good? the only way we will know if MJ really did not want to do the 50 shows is if we have footage of him saying that u know like saying he did not agree to them. I recall one of the members on the website saying he made comments about the shows? Cant quite remember? And adding to the fact that they were saying that MJ was in good shape then we have Joe on Larry King saying that he was no way fit to do 50 shows! Dam dont know what to think poor MJ> :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"

Exactly.  They made Michael feel he HAD to do 50 shows and then OBLIGATED HIM to do them to pay off his debts.  They are assholes in my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

I really don't know what to think on this matter. None reliable sources have said that he didn't want to do the 50 shows and the first one to mention it was KF and we know how full of herself and BS she really is. Possibly he was excited and maybe not, we would never know until he says something. And as for the great amount of debt MJ was in, a really have a hard time believing it. A person who owns part of The Beatles catalogue, plus his own catalogue and half the Sony catalogue usually is not in a lot of debt, he possibly recieves daily most of us make in ten years  ;) .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

If MJ ends up in the guinnes book I hope he is as the "greatest entertainer ever putting up a hoax"  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Gema wrote: If MJ ends up in the guinnes book I hope he is as the "greatest entertainer ever putting up a hoax"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8-) I sure as heck hope so!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I DON'T KNOW HOW RELIABLE THESE SOURCES ARE.  YOU CAN DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES.

Michael Jackson 'angry' at 50 London shows being booked
Singer speaks out about O2 Arena residency
June 2, 2009 | 6 Comments
Michael Jackson news RSS feed
More Michael Jackson news, reviews, videos and tour dates
Post this on Twitter or Follow NME
Michael Jackson has hit out at his London O2 Arena gig bookers, saying he believed he only signed up to play 10 shows - not the 50 he is scheduled for - at the venue.

Speaking to fans outside the Los Angeles dance studio where he's rehearsing for the gigs, the singer admitted that he might not be physically well enough to complete all 50 shows, reports The Sun.

"I don't know how I'm going to do 50 shows," he said of the gigs, which kick off in July. "I'm not a big eater - I need to put some weight on."

The star then laid into the gig promoters, saying he only wanted to play ten shows at the O2 Arena.

"I'm really angry with them booking me up to do 50 shows," he said. "I only wanted to do ten, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place.

"I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates, and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50."

Randy Phillips, head of promoters AEG, who organised the gigs, refuted Jackson's claim that he was not originally fully aware of the length of the residency.

"This is not true," he said in a statement. "The size and scale of this show would not be possible without an extended run which Michael has been fully on board with from the very beginning."

Michael Jackson has already postponed the start of the residency from July 8 to July 13 citing production issues.

If you're on O2 you can get Priority Tickets to The O2 and O2 Academy venues up to 48 hours before they go on general release. Register at o2priority.co.uk. Terms apply.

Michael Jackson feels too weak to do 50 shows

Ians June 2nd, 2009

LONDON - Pop legend Michael Jackson is angry with the organisers of his shows in Britain for booking him up for 50 performances because he feels he is not physically strong enough.

The 50-year-old is worried he might not be able to cope with the gruelling schedule of his shows starting at the 02 Arena in London next month. He insists his small appetite makes it hard for him to perform, reported thesun.co.uk

“I don’t know how I’m going to do 50 shows. I’m not a big eater, I need to put some weight on, said Jackson.

I’m really angry with the organisers for booking me up to do 50 shows. I only wanted to do 10, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place. I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates, and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50, he added.

The concerts were due to start July 8, but the opening night has been pushed back five days with the others now scheduled for March.

"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Of course it's a hoax!  The DVD has a disclaimer saying "the following interviews and commentaries are for entertainment only."   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "Gema"
If MJ ends up in the guinnes book I hope he is as the "greatest entertainer ever putting up a hoax"  :)

hahaha I agree with you!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions