Sarahli

Re: Michael Jackson+Wig??...I think not
January 29, 2010, 05:15:21 PM
Michael is a so great and beautiful person I really don't care about THAT.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

January 29, 2010, 05:18:30 PM
I think the wigs were woven into his remaining hair.. so they were not wigs in the normal sense..  like something he just put on his head like a hat...  but they were very expensive weaves that were expertley placed on his head and fixed by weaving into his normal remaining hair.

MJ was burned in the Pepsi advert and suffered Lupus.. both contributing factors to his baldness.  Also male pattern baldness is pre-determined by maternal grandfather...  not your father.   I think Randy is bald?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 07:09:09 PM
Quote from: "virgo75"
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the others that he wore a wig especially after the Dangerous tour.

In the 70s it was his natural beautiful hair in an afro.
In the early 80s it was his own beautiful hair with a jherri curl which is a chemical process that relaxes the curl pattern then you spray stuff on it to keep it moisturized.

After the fire , I don't think he had a chemical process done because you can't get them done with a burn.  The chemicals are already at risk of burning your skin.  Even if they were applied to the hair around the bald spot, there's no way to rinse it out without it at least running over the burned area.  This is why when you see him on stage in the BAD era, he had about a 2-3 inch fuzzy little afro then some stringy, curly hair hanging down.  At least some of the hair was probably extensions to cover the bald spot.  In the Dangerous era, when performing live he had the same thing going on.  And there are times where if you look at his hair, the top is a little.... mishapen.  Probably because he has extensions over top of extensions and his own natural hair.

After that, particularly after 1992/1993 when he did 'You Are Not Alone" and was married to Lisa Marie Presley, you can see that he had on a short wig.  There are picture on here of closeups where you can see the mesh because he wore lacefront wigs which are extremely high quality and give the illusion of it being your natural hair.  It gives a more natural hairline and you can even have "baby hairs" - the little hairs in the front of the head- and sideburns added on.

I can't say that I've seen him without a wig since about 1996 or so.  I also think that he wore wigs in This Is It because of the texture and the way it lays on his head.  Even when it's the curly hair, it doesn't have the frizzy or bumpy roots as in BAD or Dangerous when I think he still showed some of his hair.

This is not to say that he's bald.  But  he did wear wigs extensively.

I don't like people insulting him either, but forget them.  I wish I had wigs as nice as him!  I wouldn't bother to do my own hair anymore!   :lol:

I agree with u on his hair....I always wanted hair like him and always wondered what he did to get it that way! lol...it seemed so full and shiny all the time....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 07:31:34 PM
Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"
Why does it matter?

I agree, why does it matter, I don't really care if he wore wigs...... also the medications could also thin out your hair and even make it fall out... Either way he always looked great ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 08:36:10 PM
'Why does it matter?'~~~*sigh* :|I am actually wondering why people ask lame questions like that one.I really admire his hair as well but unfortunately most of it isnt his.its too bad Though.I have actually otherwise about the bald spot.according to j. Randy taraborelli it was the size of a quarter.Um if he had his real hair out during the invincible era,it didnt look like his natural texture therefore he probably got a relaxer so part of,idk i think ?virgo's? theory, is faulty.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

mykidsmum

January 29, 2010, 10:51:29 PM
Hi everyone...I said I wouldn't talk about it, but I have too.  The only reason why MJ wore a full lacefront wig, was because of hairloss caused by Lupus.  Lupus causes a form of alopecia in most patients.  It hits the hairline the hardest.  MJ's Dr. said this all himself on Lary king.  He also said they tried to cut out the scar from the pepsi burn but each time they tried, his Lupus would flair up and cause the bald patch to become larger.  MJ started wearing Lace front wigs around 2000.  Thriller was all his...Bad was his and a little later in the era, towards dangerous, his own hair plus extensions...Dangerous tour was his plus extensions and by this time his hairline was tatooed...  Here are some pictures... Read under each picture and I explained the picture...also, it is out of order...the top is the most recent and the bottom is the earliest.
Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:36:32 PM by mykidsmum
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 29, 2010, 10:54:26 PM
here are a few more
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mehere

January 29, 2010, 10:58:19 PM
There is also the possibility of extensions to fill in
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 29, 2010, 11:00:57 PM
here is a good shot of the lace of the lace front wig...you can see the mesh around his sideburns...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 11:02:06 PM
Threads like this really bother me... so unnecessary... I try to think of each thread, and posting that I do, as if he were reading it... half these threads would make him uncomfortable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 29, 2010, 11:09:02 PM
this is a large picture but you can see both the lace around his hairline as well as the tatoo...its about 1 inch into the hairline.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 29, 2010, 11:16:59 PM
another lace front shot
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 11:59:28 PM
I'm afarid I've been grossly misunderstood by a lotta you....I never meant to dissect the fact that wether he wore wifs or not.....I was just frustrated by people drawing insulting carricatures of him and making fun of him.....Thats why I tried to voice my opinion.

I never really asked for those pictures.....I dont need them at all....I just thought that people were making fun of him for no reason and therefore tried to explain that what they were doing was wrong.....I dont need MJ to be with a scalp full of hair in order to admire him...I can do that otherwise. I just wanted people to stop cracking silly jokes about him....Thats all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 01:43:28 AM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
this is a large picture but you can see both the lace around his hairline as well as the tatoo...its about 1 inch into the hairline.

Second pic is clear, but the first is not or at least I do see a natural hairline :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 02:50:33 AM
Quote from: "Doctor Death"
I've come across a lotta discussions and debates on wether MJ REALLY wore a wig or not.
My personal opinion is NO.

Look guys...A YouTuber had a very simple explanation for this. When Mike performed on stage, he was way too hyperactive to let the wig REMAIN settled on hs head.

Plus we can all see that his hair would often be drenched in sweat....which is quite normal for a person singing and dancing at a stretch. Had been a wig, it sweat would have had NO EFFECT on it at  all. See, a wig is a predefined hairstyle thats meant to just get fixed on your scalp. It wouldnt get altered with your head movement.

MJ's varying hairstyles over the years doesnt necessarily hav to mean that he wore a wig. Look, there are a million ways to style your hair.....and these milllion ways werent discovered yesterday......Hair straightening is pretty common among celebs....A lotta people get their curly hair straightened.....That doesnt mean that they were wearing a wig.

Plus...Look at his Dad! His father's got an envious hairline for an octogenarian!
All his brothers have heads full of hair.....Why then only Mike would be bald?

MJ did wear wigs but it's not a big deal.  It doesn't mean that he was bald either.  I am a black female and I have a head full of hair and I wear fake ponytails all the time because it's very easy and it takes me like 5 minutes to do my hair and I'm out the door. I wear it by choice.   I think after his accident he wore hair pieces and extensions.  If you get extensions they can be glued in or sewn in so if MJ was dancing really hard or sweating there is no way it would come out.  I think he did this through the late 80's and through the 90's.  I'm sure he wore lace front wigs in the 2000's.  It is very obvious because the texture of the hair, the way it looks on his hairline and the fact that you can't see his scalp and the fact that the lenght was always changing.  When you see someone's hair be long one day then it goes medium length then the next day long again it's fake.  I happened to like his hair better curly with the baby hair slicked down and the side burns.  He rocked that hairstyle.  That was his signature look.  Also when it was short and curly when he was married to LMP it was cute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions