Michael Jackson+Wig??...I think not
January 29, 2010, 10:32:05 AM
I've come across a lotta discussions and debates on wether MJ REALLY wore a wig or not.
My personal opinion is NO.

Look guys...A YouTuber had a very simple explanation for this. When Mike performed on stage, he was way too hyperactive to let the wig REMAIN settled on hs head.

Plus we can all see that his hair would often be drenched in sweat....which is quite normal for a person singing and dancing at a stretch. Had been a wig, it sweat would have had NO EFFECT on it at  all. See, a wig is a predefined hairstyle thats meant to just get fixed on your scalp. It wouldnt get altered with your head movement.

MJ's varying hairstyles over the years doesnt necessarily hav to mean that he wore a wig. Look, there are a million ways to style your hair.....and these milllion ways werent discovered yesterday......Hair straightening is pretty common among celebs....A lotta people get their curly hair straightened.....That doesnt mean that they were wearing a wig.

Plus...Look at his Dad! His father's got an envious hairline for an octogenarian!
All his brothers have heads full of hair.....Why then only Mike would be bald?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael Jackson+Wig??...I think not
January 29, 2010, 10:42:16 AM
Yes he does wear a wig and you can see it from the top of his scalp look about 2 inches up from the nape of his neck.   I know because sometimes I wear one too.  His hair is not natural, sorry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 10:53:04 AM
you do know about the tatooed hairline dont you?

after the pepsi incident he couldnt grow his hair as long as he wanted to.

and the wigs are glued on, and anyone can wet a wig.

he wasnt bald, he did have hair just not a lot of it, i think invincible era is mikes own hair
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

January 29, 2010, 10:58:04 AM
Quote from: "awesome1"
you do know about the tatooed hairline dont you?

after the pepsi incident he couldnt grow his hair as long as he wanted to.

and the wigs are glued on, and anyone can wet a wig.

he wasnt bald, he did have hair just not a lot of it, i think invincible era is mikes own hair
i hate to think those gorgeous curls were fake :( but i believe invincible was his natural hair also, im a mix i think maybe some were wigs and some werent, you can tell some of them were his real hair, and i heard the pepsi commercial only burned part of his hair, and its only that spot that cudnt grow back, so we never know it could have been his natural hair except for that spot could have been a hair piece.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I LOVE THIS BOY !!
My Heart Belongs To Michael Joseph Jackson!

January 29, 2010, 11:06:20 AM
Look guys....IMO, the pepsi commercials burnt only a patch...thats what we were told.
And we were also told that they'd somewhat recovered it by hair weaving/transplant...whatever...So why wear a wig to completely cover your head?

I'm sorry I sound rathaer ignorant.....But personally I believe that the onstage hair wasnt  a wig...Offstage I dunno.

Enlighten Me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

January 29, 2010, 11:46:05 AM
Why is it so important? Just because he wore a wig doesn't mean he was completely bald and even if he was, then what?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

January 29, 2010, 12:05:42 PM
Sangre,

I can understand the way you reacted to this post. When, immediately after his death.all those rumors started circulating that he had a damaged knee..damaged lungs ...was bald etc...It REALLY made me mad with a capital M.

This was because as if the 2005 trials were not enough, his detractors had found new excuses to lampoon him in public.....One website went as far as creating a doctored photo of MJ posing on the BAD album cover and they rewrote the title as BALD (instead of BAD)

I was really hurt at the antics of these thoughtless, selfish monsters....Therefore I decided to offer an explanation as to why he couldnt be something they thought him to be.....Thats all. As a fan of his music, I felt really hurt.Thats why I decided to settle the argument once and forever....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 12:25:36 PM
I think that when he wears straight hair, most of them are wigs. Specially with his appereances on Grammys and so on

I liked the LMP time with the short hair curly and straight.

But I do not think he was bald at all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 12:30:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the others that he wore a wig especially after the Dangerous tour.

In the 70s it was his natural beautiful hair in an afro.
In the early 80s it was his own beautiful hair with a jherri curl which is a chemical process that relaxes the curl pattern then you spray stuff on it to keep it moisturized.

After the fire , I don't think he had a chemical process done because you can't get them done with a burn.  The chemicals are already at risk of burning your skin.  Even if they were applied to the hair around the bald spot, there's no way to rinse it out without it at least running over the burned area.  This is why when you see him on stage in the BAD era, he had about a 2-3 inch fuzzy little afro then some stringy, curly hair hanging down.  At least some of the hair was probably extensions to cover the bald spot.  In the Dangerous era, when performing live he had the same thing going on.  And there are times where if you look at his hair, the top is a little.... mishapen.  Probably because he has extensions over top of extensions and his own natural hair.

After that, particularly after 1992/1993 when he did 'You Are Not Alone" and was married to Lisa Marie Presley, you can see that he had on a short wig.  There are picture on here of closeups where you can see the mesh because he wore lacefront wigs which are extremely high quality and give the illusion of it being your natural hair.  It gives a more natural hairline and you can even have "baby hairs" - the little hairs in the front of the head- and sideburns added on.

I can't say that I've seen him without a wig since about 1996 or so.  I also think that he wore wigs in This Is It because of the texture and the way it lays on his head.  Even when it's the curly hair, it doesn't have the frizzy or bumpy roots as in BAD or Dangerous when I think he still showed some of his hair.

This is not to say that he's bald.  But  he did wear wigs extensively.

I don't like people insulting him either, but forget them.  I wish I had wigs as nice as him!  I wouldn't bother to do my own hair anymore!   :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 12:41:32 PM
Why does it matter?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

January 29, 2010, 01:15:14 PM
Doctor Death, were did you read that he was bald? I've never read that....

Wigs/extensions or not, I don't care about it. Michael will always be Michael to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

January 29, 2010, 01:42:57 PM
Quote from: "Doctor Death"
Look guys....IMO, the pepsi commercials burnt only a patch...thats what we were told.
And we were also told that they'd somewhat recovered it by hair weaving/transplant...whatever...So why wear a wig to completely cover your head?

I'm sorry I sound rathaer ignorant.....But personally I believe that the onstage hair wasnt  a wig...Offstage I dunno.

Enlighten Me.I agree that when he was on stage with his curls hanging , it was his real hair, I don't believe he was bald . I do believe he wore a wig when he was out in public'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 01:45:42 PM
Quote from: "Sangre"
Why is it so important? Just because he wore a wig doesn't mean he was completely bald and even if he was, then what?

Can we get an AMEN

AMEN TO THAT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Peter Pan
“I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face . . .”

January 29, 2010, 01:48:36 PM
In later years Michael definitely wore wigs, that's very obvious, but it does not mean he was bald. There are many artists that wear wigs also while performing, e.g. Beyonce so that would not be a problem. Even so, it doesn't really matter Michael could walk around with a binbag over his head and I'd still find him the most beautiful person in the world  :lol:

However I pressume you were refering to reports about him being bald and all right? Those reports also claim loads of other things that are very contradicting so let people believe in whatever they want they're just too lazy to do some proper research  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

iMJacksonfaN

January 29, 2010, 01:52:03 PM
I just think the fat hair he had was a wig. Not the one he had in This Is IT and other concerts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions