Re: Michael Jackson+Wig??...I think not
February 23, 2010, 11:21:09 PM
It's okay, I know how that is because I know how that is, I am prone to bitter moods myself so you've got total understanding there! I see what you mean about the vitiligo/lupus thing, but I wish that in the past he would have realized that speaking out often about these issues would have not only easily cleared up/prevented the existence of so many rumors, but gained him a lot of respect from just about everyone, and given hope to the people with these conditions.. he could have started centers or funded research on them.. well I guess there's still a chance for that, if you believe he's alive! And I know he of course had his own reasons at the times for not doing those things and I respect that deeply, it's just that my opinion is that being a voice for these often overlooked issues would have really helped him and others all around, don't you agree?

Quote from: "mykidsmum"
I just want to add one more thing...wigs need people for fittings and head molds, tattoos need people to work the machine...people have mouths and eyes...that is all I am going to say.
as for the type of wig MJ wore.  You can sweat and it will go thru the mesh and make the hair wet.  It is a very very breathable material.  It is meant for extended wear.  It is secured around the hairline with special adhesive that is removed with a special solvent and in certain types, pieces of the persons own hair are threaded tru the mesh with a crochet hook type thing and tied onto the mesh and dabbed with glue to further secure the wig.  You can swim, shower, wash....dance, sing, sweat...it's not going anywhere.
I suppose so, and I certainly can see the extent of these issues and how unfair it is that he has to have them, but somehow that thought is just.. I don't know, it just bothers me and I wish it weren't true..somehow I like the thought of him with his own lustrous hair better..
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 23, 2010, 11:35:31 PM
but you know what...MJ didn't ever speak up about anything...He was very private and so many...so many things could have been cleared up if he had only come forward.  The Oprah interview was the FIRST he did in 10 years!  He also NEVER intended to let it slip that he had that condition.  It is said that after he let it slip and after the filming ended, he was inconsolable about letting it slip, panicking and freaking out saying things like...Oh God, what did I do, what did I do...he was genuinely scared that the media was going to crucify him for it and the fans would hate him for it...is it any wonder?  Anything this man ever did has been met with this type of criticism.  Even after he had pretty positive feedback and he could relax, people still questioned him.  Not only that, but if it was known that he was suffering from Lupus, I'm sure the powers that be, the ones who wanted him dead and wanted his catalog, would use it against him.  I think he was thinking self preservation and not public awareness at the time.  How many rumours could he have staved off if he had only said he wasn't gay or told Oprah that he wasn't a virgin (maybe he was) or just made himself a little less private?  One of MJ's most favorite people, people he studied and studied hard, was howard Hughes and PT Barnum.  He modeled his career after PT Barnum's philosophy on showmanship.  Keeping yourself out of the public eye, giving them rumours every now and then...(hyperbaric chamber, elephant mans bones) keeps you as an enigma, keeps people wondering about you and there is no way MJ would be who he is today if it wasn't for his studious attention and planning and executing of his reclusive behaviour and soft spoken moralistic persona.  This is what kept us returning and returning.  Mystery and intrigue sell, where are all the stars that over sold themselves?  Gone, and we don't even remember them.
I just want to add, this is a testament to MJ's genius, that he planned and contrived this career and has surpassed everyone.  There is no one alive who thought it out and planned it like MJ.  The only thing, he didn't count on it backfiring on him...He didn't count on those damned allegations.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 23, 2010, 11:46:58 PM
look let me make this clear.....let there be not anymore posts on this thread because this is a duplicate thread.

I started a thread by the same name and it got posted twice.The original thread bearing the same name was quite a long one..and it got locked because people were getting very argumentative......This duplicate one wasnt locked......So dont bother about this guys...If you want to see the original thread, then you can do so by clickin on my profile and then going to "SEARCH USER"S POSTS" option.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 12:04:54 AM
ok...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 12:05:25 AM
oops, was that a post...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 12:07:52 AM
well, the other one is locked, so, we have to use this one....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 12:26:35 AM
ooh im checking out the old topic.ty.Wow.yes he wore wigs but people are still putting out the wrong information,especially it not being completely confirmed.a lot of things are mystery about him.no one knows for sure if he had the peach fuzz or whatever.Been reading that tmz y autopsy crap havent ya?i dont think its real.you CAN grow your hair back from lupus,even if just falls out again.also he had a specific kind of lupus,not just any kind but DISCOID lupus which affects the skin and immune system.what is up with you and this hair topic lady?why are people so PASSIONATE about this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 12:54:17 AM
Quote from: "Mercurial"
ooh im checking out the old topic.ty.Wow.yes he wore wigs but people are still putting out the wrong information,especially it not being completely confirmed.a lot of things are mystery about him.no one knows for sure if he had the peach fuzz or whatever.Been reading that tmz y autopsy crap haven't ya?i don't think its real.you CAN grow your hair back from lupus,even if just falls out again.also he had a specific kind of lupus,not just any kind but DISCOID lupus which affects the skin and immune system.what is up with you and this hair topic lady?why are people so PASSIONATE about this?
discoid Lupus IS an immune system disease, so therefore of course it effects the immune system, it causes the immune system to attack ones own body.  His Dr. has confirmed the condition of his head and scalp and the fact that he had Lupus, what he failed to mention is if it was Discoid or Systemic.  Seal is the vicim of Discoid Lupus which mostly effects the skin and causes skin lesions and scarring You can see his scars on his face,(and incidentally no hair) .  Systemic, also effects the skin, it causes the butterfly rash on the face called the Lupus Rash (which MJ had in the 80's) and Vitiligo in many patients.   MJ had the more of the Systemic symptoms, especially if you read about his lung condition he wrote about in Moon Walker.  Either way, it was confirmed he had Lupus by his Dr. and others who knew him.  Why am I so passionate?  I'm passionate about truth.  This shows me, if people are unwilling to see the truth in something that is, has, and can be proven, what else are they unwilling to see about the truth.  As for the autopsy crap...All of my observations about his wig wearing and my first photos on the original thread were all posted BEFORE the release of the autopsy...go check it out.  And not all hairloss due to Lupus can grow back...I bet if that were true, MJ wouldn't be wearing his wigs now would he?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 01:14:21 AM
but you know what...MJ didn't ever speak up about anything...He was very private and so many...so many things could have been cleared up if he had only come forward.  The Oprah interview was the FIRST he did in 10 years!  He also NEVER intended to let it slip that he had that condition.  It is said that after he let it slip and after the filming ended, he was inconsolable about letting it slip, panicking and freaking out saying things like...Oh God, what did I do, what did I do...he was genuinely scared that the media was going to crucify him for it and the fans would hate him for it...is it any wonder?  Anything this man ever did has been met with this type of criticism.  Even after he had pretty positive feedback and he could relax, people still questioned him.  Not only that, but if it was known that he was suffering from Lupus, I'm sure the powers that be, the ones who wanted him dead and wanted his catalog, would use it against him.  I think he was thinking self preservation and not public awareness at the time.  How many rumours could he have staved off if he had only said he wasn't gay or told Oprah that he wasn't a virgin (maybe he was) or just made himself a little less private?  One of MJ's most favorite people, people he studied and studied hard, was howard Hughes and PT Barnum.  He modeled his career after PT Barnum's philosophy on showmanship.  Keeping yourself out of the public eye, giving them rumours every now and then...(hyperbaric chamber, elephant mans bones) keeps you as an enigma, keeps people wondering about you and there is no way MJ would be who he is today if it wasn't for his studious attention and planning and executing of his reclusive behaviour and soft spoken moralistic persona.  This is what kept us returning and returning.  Mystery and intrigue sell, where are all the stars that over sold themselves?  Gone, and we don't even remember them.
I just want to add, this is a testament to MJ's genius, that he planned and contrived this career and has surpassed everyone.  There is no one alive who thought it out and planned it like MJ.  The only thing, he didn't count on it backfiring on him...He didn't count on those damned allegations.
You know, what you said there about his PR is something that always kind of rubs me the wrong way- I understand about the whole "recluse image" thing but sometimes it grates on my nerves because what is more important here: diseases like these he has, or an image? I can understand him not wanting to "oversell" himself, that's perfectly understandable and I'm glad he doesn't, but I think that just on this one issue of something like vitiligo especially, which affects so many poor minorities, whom he cares so much about, he could have spoken up. I've read that in some third-world countries they still see people with vitiligo as having some kind of curse, and they exile them and humiliate them.. They think it's some kind of evil mark.. I wonder if he knows about that? I would have hoped to see more compassion from him about something like this- he shouldn't have reacted that way after the Oprah special- did he honestly think that so many loyal fans would "hate" him because he has a skin disease that he can't help and causes him suffering? That's kind of irrational, isn't it? And the media.. They stoop low, but they don't attack/criticize diseases, that's.. He should have known he would get sympathy.. I hope he realizes that now..You say you're passionate about truth, MKM, I wish that he felt the same way as least with something like these diseases..
Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:35:04 AM by PinkTopaz
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

February 24, 2010, 01:16:44 AM
He started wearing wigs because he morphed from R&B artist into a Rockstar  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 01:21:59 AM
Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
Haha, heck yeah, you just made me feel better, gurl!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

February 24, 2010, 01:31:04 AM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
:) when I first saw the BAD album, (I think I was 13 summer 87) that was my first thought... did he turn to a rockstar ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 01:33:27 AM
:) when I first saw the BAD album, (I think I was 13 summer 87) that was my first thought... did he turn to a rockstar ;)
Ha, totally! Thanks, gurl, you're great!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

February 24, 2010, 08:43:37 AM
I just want to add one more thing...wigs need people for fittings and head molds, tattoos need people to work the machine...people have mouths and eyes...that is all I am going to say.
as for the type of wig MJ wore.  You can sweat and it will go thru the mesh and make the hair wet.  It is a very very breathable material.  It is meant for extended wear.  It is secured around the hairline with special adhesive that is removed with a special solvent and in certain types, pieces of the persons own hair are threaded tru the mesh with a crochet hook type thing and tied onto the mesh and dabbed with glue to further secure the wig.  You can swim, shower, wash....dance, sing, sweat...it's not going anywhere.

sounds like an excellent product
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 11:47:22 AM
You know, what you said there about his PR is something that always kind of rubs me the wrong way- I understand about the whole "recluse image" thing but sometimes it grates on my nerves because what is more important here: diseases like these he has, or an image? I can understand him not wanting to "oversell" himself, that's perfectly understandable and I'm glad he doesn't, but I think that just on this one issue of something like vitiligo especially, which affects so many poor minorities, whom he cares so much about, he could have spoken up. I've read that in some third-world countries they still see people with vitiligo as having some kind of curse, and they exile them and humiliate them.. They think it's some kind of evil mark.. I wonder if he knows about that? I would have hoped to see more compassion from him about something like this- he shouldn't have reacted that way after the Oprah special- did he honestly think that so many loyal fans would "hate" him because he has a skin disease that he can't help and causes him suffering? That's kind of irrational, isn't it? And the media.. They stoop low, but they don't attack/criticize diseases, that's.. He should have known he would get sympathy.. I hope he realizes that now..You say you're passionate about truth, MKM, I wish that he felt the same way as least with something like these diseases..
you know, you are so right and I agree with you and what you said about him giving a voice to all of these people who are suffering.  This is just one of the many many contradictions that make up Michael Jackson.  For me, this is what facinates me about him.  On so many levels he is giving (world record for most supported charities) and caring about the Earth and does his part to create awareness to the problem, but at the same time, he doesn't always practice what he preaches, I would like to see his carbon footprint...LOL.   The media attacking him despite his skin condition does still continue.  They say horrible things about his skin still in the media and question the truth behind his disease, if he even has it.  As for your what is more important, his image or his disease.  In Michael Jacksons case, his image is his career, his life, it is how he defines himself as a human and his role in society.  His image is greater than any disease and problem he may encounter and maintaining that image was top priority.  We all saw what happened when his image took a hit.  He went on a downward spiral despite the fact that he had 3 loving children and talent galore, his image took a hit, his record company distanced themselves and failed to promote him, he became the laughing stock over night and never mentally or physically for that matter,  recovered.  Here we are today in the aftermath of the effect of the calculated destruction of his image and what it resulted in.  Can you imagine, from the time you are 5 years old, having people telling you that you must maintain an image for the public, (Mowtown even went so far as to hide the marital status of some J5 memebers!) and how this becomes ingrained into your being?  We can't apply our reasoning to MJ's life because he didn't and never did lead a "normal" life.  Without an image, there is no Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions